Create a qualified prospect portfolio through ongoing identification, cultivation, solicitation and stewardship of major gift prospects Collaborate with department chairs and other key stakeholders to develop strategies surrounding all aspects of major gift program resulting in increased giving at all levels Successfully manage a portfolio in excess of 150 prospects Exceeded annual personal fundraising goals for years 2016, 2017 and 2018 During last week of the Pivotal Moments campaign, closed three major gifts enabling the School of Medicine to reach its 190 million campaign goal Assumed management of a School of Medicine student endowed scholarship; within six months solicited and secured the first three major gifts in the scholarship's 20 year history
- Major Gift Officer at Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Executive Assistant to AVP of Development and Alumni Affairs at Wayne State University School of Medicine
- Executive Secretary at Board of Visitors
- Legal Assistant / Office Administrator at Elizabeth A. Baergen, Attorney at Law PLC
3 years at this Job
- M. A. - Elementary Education
- B. A. - General Studies
- - Leadership and Community Service
• Manage a portfolio of 100+ donor prospects with individually designed strategic plans for the top 25.
• Identify strategic, development opportunities to grow financial support in the areas of cancer, cardiovascular and orthopedic care.
• Foster key relationships with established individual and corporate donors with goal of increasing annual contributions and/or major gifts.
• Build internal relationships with clinician leaders in key hospital departments to grow patient engagement with the Foundation.
• Secure major gift sponsorships for foundation's signature events.
• Continue to lead philanthropy council through transition and challenges to reach objectives.
• Facilitated planning, programming, and design of the Cancer Resource Center build and managed collaboration with five large cancer supporting agencies in Indianapolis.
- DEVELOPMENT OFFICER/MAJOR GIFT OFFICER at Indiana University Health Foundation
- SENIOR SERVICE LINE MARKETER at Indiana University Health Foundation
- PHYSICIAN LIAISON - Customer Service/Marketing at Indiana University Health Foundation
- EVENT COORDINATOR at Riley Children's Foundation
5 years at this Job
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - PSYCHOLOGY
Received promotion which increased portfolio responsibility to 80 individuals in various stages of the giving process. Collaborated with the Dean of the College of Arts and Sciences, with an emphasis in fine and performing arts and military and veterans' services following a University-wide reorganization. Interviewed and trained new development staff. Partook in first capital campaign in the history of the University, while working in tandem with Foundation Board Members and the Campaign Leadership Committee to develop strategic long-term goals for University development.
- Major Gift Officer at University of Southern Mississippi
- Development Officer at University of Southern Mississippi
5 months at this Job
- B.A. - Public Relations
Responsible for soliciting major gifts and planned gifts from alumni and friends of the college ($20k and above) Manage relationships with approximately 100 prospective donors and expected to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward these very important alumni and friends of the college Works collaboratively with and in support of volunteers, other development and advancement staff, and other College representatives to cultivate and solicit donors for college-wide priorities Monitor all prospect contacts to ensure positive and purposeful prospect and donor relations
- Advancement Major Gift Officer at Marietta College
- National Account Manager at Magnum Magnetics
- Retail Sales Consultant/Assistant Store Manager at AT&T Mobility
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Advertising and Public Relations
▪ Managed a donor portfolio of approximately 815 accounts of core donors. Tasked with cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of donors. Donors in my portfolio are some of our most loyal and invested donors. ▪ Managed donors spanning five states including Illinois (CSIL Region), Iowa, Idaho, Montana and Wisconsin ▪ Achieved 131.88% of my FY18 fundraising goal, and exceeded my FY18 fundraising target by over $100,000. My FY18 individual fundraiser goal was set at $325,000, and my actual individual revenue credit for FY18 was $428,612 (Our fiscal year runs July 1 through June 30). ▪ Work to move current donors to increase financial gifts by 10% during the current fiscal year. ▪ In FY18, my portfolio saw an 18% increase in average gift size. ▪ Develop and execute strategy to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major donors. ▪ Develop ongoing strategy to move potential donors from a prospect to donor status. Used tools such as small cultivation/engagement events, research and community networking. ▪ Work collaboratively with other departments, such as Disaster Services or Public Health & Safety, to prospect, cultivate, solicit and engage donors. ▪ Developed ongoing relationships with major donors and event sponsors. Accountable for cultivating relationships with individuals, corporations, and foundations. ▪ Responsible for disaster fundraising when large scale disasters need additional financial support. ▪ Researched grant opportunities within the community and prepared grant proposals in support of vital Red Cross programs and services ▪ Served as Salesforce Ambassador/SME for our regional fundraising team ▪ Responsible for recruiting and training volunteers to assist with fundraising responsibilities. Responsible for supervising and supporting Red Cross fundraising volunteers as well.
- Major Gift Officer/Donor Relations Officer at American Red Cross
- Major Gift Officer at American Red Cross
- Development Specialist/Regional Event Specialist at American Red Cross
- UHC West Senior Provider Service Representative at United Healthcare
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- - Psychology
Responsible for developing and carrying out strategies and activities resulting in the discovery, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship of a portfolio of 111 development prospects capable of making gifts of $25,000 or more to the College. ◦ Through team fundraising efforts, support the Berea College promise to offer full-tuition scholarships to all 1600 undergraduate students, while growing the $1.2 billion endowment and supporting key initiatives of the College. ◦ Work with alumni, friends, foundations, corporations, and financial advisors to realize philanthropic potential and make transformative gifts to Berea College. ◦ In fiscal year 2018, I raised over $4.1 million for a variety of Berea College initiatives, including annual fund efforts, capital projects, endowment additions, life income gifts, and other campus initiatives, with an average gift size over $20,000. These gifts were secured through in-person meetings, extensive travel, written proposals, ongoing donor stewardship, and more than 60 solicitations. ◦ Secure new estate gifts, new beneficiary designations, life income gifts, and other complex or planned gifts; confirming more than 30% of my portfolio in Berea's legacy society and more than $3 million in life income gifts. ◦ Frequently collaborate with teammates and colleagues across campus to ensure the greatest possible experience for donors, and to maintain awareness of Berea College events and activities.
- Major Gift Officer at Berea College
- Learning Specialist & Advisor at Oliverian School
- Teacher & Program Director at Clemson University Youth Learning Institute
- Teacher at McDowell Environmental Education Center
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Graduate Certificate - Nonprofit Management
- Master of Education
- Bachelor of Arts - Communications, Journalism
Launched a national pilot program to engage volunteers into the donor process. Responsibilities include calling on potential donors and making multiple touchpoints via email, calls, letters, and personal visits to steward them into making a first-time gift to the organization. Served as the Third-party fundraising coordinator on virtual deployment to assist in the California Wildfires disaster. Serve as the staff lead for the annual Valentine Gala, a fundraising event for 350+ attendees. Solicit in-kind donations, silent auction packages, and entertainment. Plan and organize Run for the Red, a 5/10k event with 900+ attendees with the help of our volunteer led committee. Plan, organize and fundraise for annual Heroes Campaign, kick-off luncheon, and celebration reception. Manage volunteer committee that leads grass-roots, peer to peer fundraising for annual campaign. Responsible for stewardship of major gift donors.
- Major Gift Officer/Donor Development Officer at American Red Cross
- Senior Account Director at ConvenePro
- Corporate Relations Manager - Resource Development at United Way of the Bluegrass
- Physician Referral Coordinator - Marketing/Public Relations at KentuckyOne Health
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Management
• Responsible for soliciting gifts from Individuals of $15,000 and higher.
• Manage relationships with approximately 100 major gift prospects/donors with expectations to identify, qualify, cultivate, solicit and steward these individuals.
• Conduct approximately 130 face to face visits per the year.
• Travel territory includes Iowa, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota, North & South Dakota and Nebraska.
- Major Gift Officer at National FFA Foundation
- Senior Director of Development at Monmouth College
- Director of Development at Iowa State University Foundation
- Associate Director of Development at Grinnell College
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- M.A. - Higher Education Administration
- B.S. - Farm Operations
Participate in planned giving and major gift strategy - contact foundations and craft grant applications.
● Meet in person with both prospective and established donors to promote the value in global causes.
● Connect proactively with donors through visits, phone calls, mail, and personalized email contact.
● Facilitated three charitable gift annuities an unprecedented three months.
- MAJOR GIFT OFFICER at Maryknoll Lay Missioners
- SR. LOAN OFFICER at Tompkins Mahopac Bank
- ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR GIFT PLANNING + MAJOR GIFTS at Seton Hall University
- SR. GIFT OFFICER at CCAS Inc
2 years at this Job
- B.S. - Business Administration
• Plan and co-lead the organization's major giving program.
• Research major gift donor prospects.
• Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major donors and individual prospects through visits and other forms of direct personal contact in accordance with performance targets set by the Director of Major Gifts.
• Develop donor solicitation strategies for major gift prospects that match prospects' interests to the priorities of the organization.
• Enlist senior management in furthering the major gifts program; educate and support management with respect to their development leadership roles.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with development colleagues to maximize total gift revenue.
• Prepare and compose minutes for board and committee meetings, prepare meeting materials, and handle follow-up matters as required.
- Major Gift Officer at Michigan Opera Theatre
- Executive Assistant, Development at Wayne State University
- Alumni Engagement Officer at Wayne State University
- Assistant to Executive Officer at Wayne State University
9 months at this Job
- Associates Degree - AA/Dance Career
- bachelor's degree in Public Affairs