Manage a portfolio of over 150 diverse Major Gifts prospects. Increased the annual contributions of my portfolio by over 600%.
● Solicit and close gifts up to and in excess of $1,000,000 supporting the most important initiatives of the Boston Symphony Orchestra.
● Launched a highly successful new qualification program involving small dinners with orchestra members.
● Work closely with the Board of Trustees in support of the BSO's most important initiatives.
- Major Gifts Officer at Boston Symphony Orchestra
- Senior Development Officer, Director of the Annual Fund, Campaign at Catholic Schools
- Assistant Director, The Holy Cross Fund at College of the Holy Cross
- Client Service Representative, Grants at Fidelity Charitable Services
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Music and Religious Studies
• Identify and cultivate major donors through prospect research techniques and programs.
• Develop a powerful major gift solicitation strategy by partnering with the Vice President of Institutional Advancement in prospect conversations.
• Secure gifts of $25,000 or more by managing existing portfolio of 260 donors.
• Establish campaign initiatives for two simultaneous $50 million campaigns for a new science center and athletic corridor.
• Create and implement moves management plans and recognizing donors for their dedication to the college.
- Major Gifts Officer at Westminster College
- Fund Development Specialist at Catholic Diocese of Youngstown
- Campaign Associate and Event Fundraising Coordinator at United Way of Mercer County
- Marketing Manager and Liaison at Erie Metropolitan Transit Authority
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Organizational Leadership and Project Management
- Bachelor of Arts - Journalism Communications
Hired as one of eight Major Gift Officers charged with re-energizing the Washington, DC market. Managed a portfolio of disaster-specific donors with $100,000 capacity and educated them about current American Red Cross priorities including a national Home Fire Campaign.
- Senior Major Gifts Officer at AMERICAN RED CROSS
- Culinary Assistant at CULINARIA COOKING SCHOOL
- Senior Director, Major and Planned Gifts at CAPITAL AREA FOOD BANK
- Consultant at DOMINICAN RETREAT
3 years at this Job
- - Communications Management
o Lead gift officer for the neurosurgery, cardiology, and vascular service lines, as well as medical education initiatives and strategic endowments, focusing on gifts of over $25,000. o Duties include developing strategic funding proposals, researching prospective relationships, implementing fundraising campaigns, and achieving gift revenue goals while overseeing the stewardship of past and current donors (including community, physicians and grateful patients). o Lead grant writer for the foundation team, securing grants for heart screening mobile unit, respiratory and vascular equipment and addiction recovery services.
- Major Gifts Officer at Ascension Health
- Senior Development Officer, Rochester at Ascension Health
- Fund Development Manager at Rochester Area Neighborhood House
- Executive Assistant to the CEO & Special Projects Manager at Gads Hill Center Chicago
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Public Policy and Nonprofit Management - Public Policy and Nonprofit Management
- B.A. - Sociology
Spearheaded successful $7 million capital campaign in 18 month time-frame*
● Supervise team of professional fundraisers and support staff, including 36 volunteers
● Cultivate personal donor portfolio of around 100 major gift prospects resulting in three $1 million+ gifts in 2018/2019*
● Engage donors in estate planning activities for Foundation long-term sustainability
● Manage the day-to-day operations of the Foundation
● Partner with the hospital and system CEOs for engagement with donors as deemed appropriate and effective
● Responsible for effective and timely donor stewardship activities and best practices
● Meet annual goals for visits, proposals and philanthropic commitments
● Partner with the Samaritan Foundations Central Operations team for coordinated annual activities and for system-wide and local events
● Actively engage board of directors with hospital operations, investment portfolio management, and recruitment of new members
● Serve as public face and voice of the Foundation
- FOUNDATION DIRECTOR/MAJOR GIFTS OFFICER at Samaritan Health Services
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR at Meals on Wheels for Fort Collins
- NON-PROFIT CONSULTANT AND GRANT WRITER at
- EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR, Right at Read Adult Education Center
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - English and Spanish
• Serves as a member of the development team and plays a central role in developing, overseeing, and managing major gift strategies and programs for the c3 and c4 organizations in the Sacramento region.
• Serves as a leader for advancing major gifts program to successfully identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gift ($2,500 to $100,000+) prospects and donors.
• Plans and implements donor activities, meetings, and events with support from the Events Manager.
• Oversees Events Manager working on Sacramento events.
• Represents Planned Parenthood Mar Monte with influential public audiences in the region as a senior fundraiser.
• Manage a portfolio of 365 donors throughout the Sacramento, Stockton and Reno, NV regions.
- Regional Major Gifts Officer at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte
- Caregiver at Stay at Home Mom
- Analyst II, Donor Relations Manager at University of California
- Director of Marketing and Development at Museums of Old York
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Masters of Public Administration - Public Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies - Liberal Studies
- Associates Degree
• Managed a portfolio of 250+ donors and prospects, raising approximately $1.5 million annually.
• Developed cultivation strategies; conducted face-to-face meetings and program site visits; and solicited gifts.
• Directed development activities for Children's Aid College Prep Charter School and Wagon Road Camp, working with trustees, top-level supporters, and key staff members.
• Organized donor cultivation events to introduce and engage supporters in agency mission and programs.
• Created written solicitations and cultivation materials for donor stewardship and fundraising.
• Collaborated with executive leadership, trustees, and high-level volunteers to develop and implement fundraising strategies. Researched donors and prospects to inform outreach efforts.
• Built and maintained relationships with program staff to create opportunities to engage donors.
• Attended agency activities to maintain active knowledge of organizational programming and needs.
- Senior Major Gifts Officer at Children's Aid
- Director, Development & External Relations at Alliance for Young Artists & Writers/Scholastic Art & Writing Awards
- Development Director at Friends of Hudson River Park
- Deputy Director of Development at The Legal Aid Society
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Art History
An organization that strives to fight Poverty by ensuring access to a range of programs and services that help to create financial stability for low income families throughout Northern California Responsibilities and accomplishments include:
• Responsible for a budget of $800,000 in Individual giving annually
• Communicated impact of the Organization's work throughout Bay Area regions
• Partnered with Board and Volunteer leadership to identify and deepen relationships with high-giving constituents
• Served as "Moves Manager" for portfolio
• Conducted face to face meetings with donors on a regular basis
• Operated as a highly motivated contributor to cross functional teams
• Worked with Board of Directors to ensure that annual give/get goals were met
• Secured Major Gifts resulting in a 20% increase over the past 4 years
• Qualified Donors and implemented personalized approaches to each individual donor
• Managed a portfolio of 120 donors at all times
• Proactively identified and generated new leads for prospects to increasea growing revenue stream
• Created and implemented two special events per years for high net donors ($10,000 and above)
• In conjunction with United Way Workplace staff, identified individuals with the capacity to personally connect with the organization's mission while inspiring them to increase their gifts
• Skilled in Salesforce
• Skilled in Wealth Engine software: used to research and analyze donor prospect potential.
- Major Gifts Officer at United Way
- Development Specialist at Alzheimer's Association of Northern California and Nevada
- Development Director at Cystic Fibrosis Foundation
- Development Director at Friends for Youth, Redwood City
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- BA - Major Psychology and Communications; Minor in Women's Studies
• Strategic planning and experienced team member for the ELON LEADS Campaign of $250 Million
• Instrumental in funding the Inn at Elon Hotel through cultivating and inspiring major gifts at $100,000 +
• Successfully identified and cultivated a portfolio of 200 prospects, soliciting major gifts and campaign support ranging from $50,000 - $500,000
• Travel extensively to meet in person with prospects to build enduring relationships, educate on current University campaign initiatives, and solicit major gifts
• Achieved more than 150 face to face visits annually
• Travel regions consisted of New York City, New Jersey, Pittsburgh, and Philadelphia
• Campaign Committee / Chair Recruitment for managed regions
• Campaign Volunteer coaching, stewardship, and successful Major Gift solicitations achieved
• Proficient in Raisers Edge and RE-NXT
- Major Gifts Officer / Assistant Director of Development at Elon University
- Development Officer / Annual Fund Manager at Bucknell University
- Branch Manager at Sovereign Bank / Santander
- Senior Branch Assistant at Regions Bank
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Communications
- - Spanish
• Develop strategies and processes to identify grateful patients and families for the Hospital through collaboration with clinical staff, combined with using Wealth Engine (WE) to ascertain giving capacity
• Develop and strengthen relationships with key physicians and clinical staff across a range of service lines through monthly meetings to discuss prospective donors and grateful families to the Hospital.
• Perform continuous follow up with grateful families based on physician and clinical staff referrals and weekly gift reports to ascertain prospective major donors to the Hospital.
• Co-manage the partnership between Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital and the Morgan Stanley Foundation, working with the foundation's team on philanthropic goals and increasing the Firm's visibility at MSCH.
• Developed annual stewardship letter to donors, sent out annually to those who made an unrestricted gift to the MSCH Kids' Care Fund, updating on key areas where their gift made an impact
• Co-lead in the overall planning and execution of the Amazing Kids, Amazing Care Dinner; an annual fundraising dinner which recognizes the Hospital's world-class care in children's and women's medicine. Through re- branding, the event saw an increase in gross revenue from $285,000 in 2015 to $1.2M by 2018
• Cultivated, solicited and closed $500K+ cumulatively in gifts from Morgan Stanley's Fixed Income Division
- Major Gifts Officer, Morgan Stanley Children's Hospital at NEW YORK-PRESBYTERIAN
- liaison and point of contact for the Amazing Kids at NEW YORK-PRESBYTERIAN
- Associate Director for Development, Graduate School of Business at FORDHAM UNIVERSITY
- Assistant Director at Office of Career Services
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- Masters of Education - Education
- Bachelor of Science