Secured largest gift from individual in organization's history - $3M from Kenneth C. Griffin Charitable Fund.
● Raise over $1M in annual individual giving revenue: acquisitions, renewals, and multi-year pledges.
● Secure major gifts of $10,000 or more in nine markets. Leadership Council focus markets include: Washington, DC, New York City, Los Angeles, San Francisco/Bay Area, Boston, Houston, Philadelphia, Atlanta, Chicago.
● Lead successful donor solicitations with the President & CEO, Board and Leadership Council volunteer solicitors.
● Manage Stewardship Officer, Development Associate and Development Fellow to create individual donor appeals, communications, events, and fulfillment elements; collaborate with all program officers as a Team.
- Senior Major Gifts Officer at U.S. Soccer Foundation
- Director of Major Gifts at Washington Humane Society
- production of poetry collection by Ambassador Akbar Ahmed, Suspended at Busboys and Poets Press
- Producer / Consultant at DL CREATIVE, LLC
4 years at this Job
- MS - nonprofit administration
- BA - History
• Serves as a member of the development team and plays a central role in developing, overseeing, and managing major gift strategies and programs for the c3 and c4 organizations in the Sacramento region.
• Serves as a leader for advancing major gifts program to successfully identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gift ($2,500 to $100,000+) prospects and donors.
• Plans and implements donor activities, meetings, and events with support from the Events Manager.
• Oversees Events Manager working on Sacramento events.
• Represents Planned Parenthood Mar Monte with influential public audiences in the region as a senior fundraiser.
• Manage a portfolio of 365 donors throughout the Sacramento, Stockton and Reno, NV regions.
- Regional Major Gifts Officer at Planned Parenthood Mar Monte
- Caregiver at Stay at Home Mom
- Analyst II, Donor Relations Manager at University of California
- Director of Marketing and Development at Museums of Old York
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Masters of Public Administration - Public Administration
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies - Liberal Studies
- Associates Degree
Hired to spearhead organization's Major Gifts effort through strategic approach focusing on upgrades and blended gifts.
• Raised $1.4 Million in new major and planned gifts in 13 months
• Create cultivation, solicitation and stewardship plans for major and planned giving prospects
• Manage a portfolio of 150 qualified major gift donors and prospects
• Develop major gift proposals and planned giving illustrations
- Major Gifts Officer at UNC-TV
- Consultant at Drew Smith & Associates
- Vice President at YMCA of Metropolitan Fort Worth
- Anchor/Reporter at WRTV
2 years at this Job
- B.S. - Mass Communications
• Proactively build and foster long-term relationships with 85 to 150 prospects and donors, focused on expanding and enhancing top-level partnerships in support of the organization's $380 million capital campaign.
• Develop a solid pipeline of prospective donors and create donor-centered communications, such as appeals, invitations, letters of intent (LOIs), and proposals to exceed my annual goals.
• Meet with philanthropic decision makers to discuss their vision and possible alignment with the museum's partnership opportunities, ranging from $25,000 to $10,000,000.
• Develop highly-competitive proposals in collaboration with museum leadership, and solicit and secure annual, major and principal gifts from my current portfolio of 85 individual and corporate donors.
• In addition to ensuring recognition and reporting requirements are met, I create and deliver personalized stewardship activities to exceed donors' expectations.
• Identify strategic funding needs with museum department directors and create new sponsorship packages and marketing pieces to attract prospective donors.
• Create personalized stewardship plans for museum partners, including promotional tools for their cause marketing programs and creative projects for their employee engagement strategies.
• In collaboration with program leads, I create opportunities to strengthen relationships with donors, such as content-rich events and program observations.
- Corporate Major Gifts Officer, External Affairs at The Museum of Science and Industry
- Campaign Project Manager, External Affairs at The Museum of Science and Industry
- Assistant to the Vice President, External Affairs at The Museum of Science and Industry
- Retention Specialist at ClubCorp, Chicago and Dallas
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Certificate - Fundraising Professional Certificate
- B.S. in Marketing - Marketing
• Launched and led a 5-year, $1,000,000 Special Gifts Campaign for emergency scholarships, raising $750,000 by the end of Year 2.
• Established four endowed scholarships totaling $183,000.
• Established and led annual leadership seminar 50 students per year. MOST PROUD OF Heart-First Thinking Resource Development Director T Remembering that what matters most are
- Major Gifts Officer at MY LIFE
- Secretary of the College & Director of Constituent Relations at Pee Dee Coalition Against Domestic & Sexual Assault
2 years at this Job
- - marketing and communication while the college's national
- Assoc. of Governing
Responsible for $1.5 million dollar Gala event. Procuring and organizing donations and items for the Gala's auction. Utilizes EMT/Sales Force systems. Cultivates volunteer relationships and management.
• Manages seven figure development portfolio
• Perpetuates forward movement toward achieving monetary goals.
- Major Gifts Officer at JDRF
- Major Gifts Officer at AMERICAN CANCER SOCIETY
- Service Leader at A XEROX COMPANY
- Social Media Marketing Specialist at DISCOUNT CAR RENTAL
1 year at this Job
- B.A. - Human Rights
Cultivate and steward donors and corporations from 5-6 figure gifts.
- Major Gifts Officer at Fidelco Guide Dog Foundation
- Director of Community Relations and Corporate Partnerships at Westchester Medical Center and Maria Fareri Children's Hospital
- Executive Director at Muscular Dystrophy Association
- Major Gifts Officer at
at this Job
- Bachelor's - Humanities
FARE works on behalf of the 31 million Americans with food allergies, including those at risk for life-threatening anaphylaxis. This
potentially deadly disease afflicts 1 in 13 children in the United States - roughly two in every classroom
• Recruits and manages 50 volunteers for FARE Councils in Houston and Dallas, Texas.
• Developed and managed community outreach in the southern United States.
• Planned community education events targeting the food allergic community, educators, and caregivers.
• Design, develop, and deliver trainings and presentations.
• Planned and staffed advocacy events in Texas and Pennsylvania that lead to the advancement of legislation.
• Trained community members to recognize and respond to anaphylaxis, and how to live a normal safe life with food allergies.
• Contributes to an annual $2 Million revenue target by working with donors and prospects to advance the mission of the organization.
• Responsible for maintaining and the consistent and effective use of FARE'S donor database. This data base is the institutional memory of donor communications.
• In partnership with the events team, works in the planning, preparation, and execution of major giving and recognition events.
• Collaborates with marketing and communications staff in the creation of effective development materials.
- COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT SENIOR ASSOCIATE/ MAJOR GIFTS OFFICER at FOOD ALLERGY RESEARCH & EDUCATION (FARE)
- VICE PRESIDENT OF MARKETING at STAR COMPLIANCE
- SENIOR MARKETING COMMUNICATIONS ADVISOR at AQUENT AT EXXONMOBIL
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- M.A. - Psychology
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - PUBLIC RELATIONS
Recruited by current CEO, Mary Deissler (former CAO, Artis-Naples)
By building exceptional relationships with Charlotte's key philanthropists;
• Surpassed set MG goal by raising $1.8M in three quarters for FY17, providing year-end surplus of $150K for the first time in 20 years
• Secured single $1M gift dedicated to operating budget FY17
• Obtained first 6 figure gift from donor for 500K given over two years, FY18 and 19
• Increased 29 current/lapsed major gifts for FY18; four doubled, three tripled, and growth up to 400%
- Major Gifts Officer at Charlotte Symphony
- Vice President of Development at Holston United Methodist Children's Home
- Director of Development at North Naples Church/ Village School of Naples
- Sr. Major Gifts Officer at The Philharmonic Center for the Arts
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- BS - Communications/Education
• Cultivated relationships with prospective donors capable of $5,000+ gifts
• Worked closely with the Executive Director and Chairman
• Served as an ambassador of ACU at regional conferences
- Major Gifts Officer at American Conservative Union
- Development Associate at Atlas Network
- Development Officer at Bill of Rights Institute
- Communications Associate at Competitive Enterprise Institute
1 year at this Job
- Bachelors - Fine Arts
- - Art of the Ask