As Managing Editor for the Florida Tech Crimson newspaper I am responsible to stay engaged with our writers, come up with newsworthy story ideas, content/copy edit stories, and write my own stories.
- Managing Editor at Florida Tech Crimson
- Faculty Supervisor at Florida Institute of Technology
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Multiplatform Journalism
- High school
Site averages 4M+ pageviews per month.
● Managing Editor and Head Writer for the Evolve Media property, IDLYITW
● Manage all social media accounts (25K+ followers)
● Curate link partnerships with popular news outlets (TMZ, etc.)
● Coordinate with publicists
● Hire and promote interns and junior writers
- Managing Editor at Evolve Media
- Operations Technician II at Evolve Media
- System Administrator at Evolve Media
- Operations Technician at Hosted Solutions
11 years at this Job
I started out as Staff Writer of this monthly health magazine, and within six months was promoted to Managing Editor. My responsibilities included developing theme and content several months in advance of publication. My staff included five copy editors and ten freelance writers. Our articles focused on the lifestyles of celebrities and subscribers. During my tenure, our readership jumped from 450,000 to 2.5 million.
- Managing Editor at Journal of Longevity
- Writer at
13 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Psychology
- I completed the requirements for a BA in Psychology. - Psychology
I'm the managing editor for a 32-page, color, monthly magazine that offers Consumer Reports-style reviews on sailing products, boat products, and sailboats (40,000 subscribers, no advertising, international distribution). My duties include: ◆ Editing all pages; lead editor on all standing sections and one to two features per month. ◆ Manage all stages of production flow—from assignment to final approval for publication—to ensure editorial and production deadlines are met. ◆ Produce content for standing sections and two or more features per issue. This includes budgeting content; assigning and serving as lead editor for freelancer-produced features; writing features, product reviews, standing sections, and sidebars; and creating story packages with artwork and graphics. ◆ Supervise freelance writers through the product testing, writing, article submission, and editing processes. ◆ Design and lay out all pages of each issue using Indesign CS6. ◆ Edit each issue’s artwork using Photoshop CS6. ◆ Maintain Practical Sailor’s social media presence through regular postings on the magazine’s Facebook and Twitter pages. ◆ Oversee tagging website and blog content for metadata and keywords to support search-engine optimization (SEO). ◆ Request product samples from manufacturers and manage test-product inventory throughout the testing and review process. ◆ Collaborate with the editor-in-chief to create content packages for ebook offerings; design and create templates for ebook layouts. ◆ Network with marine product manufacturers and marketers to ensure product reviews are comprehensive and include the latest offerings. ◆ Collaborate with web designers, the editor-in-chief, and corporate to determine the content and design of Practical Sailor’s website.
- Managing Editor at Belvoir Media / Practical Sailor magazine
- Contracted Editor, Writer, Social Media Manager, and Writing Coach at Freelance
13 years at this Job
- BA - Journalism
Managing editor of Chronicle, a nightly TV program covering issues and interests of New England. Skilled and experienced at copy editing, writing, storytelling, meeting daily deadlines and managing a staff of 21reporters, producers, videographers and editors.
- Managing Editor at WCVB-TV
- Reporter/Editor at The Real Paper
33 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - English Literature, Phi Beta Kapa Society
As Managing Editor, I work with in-house and freelance writers to help craft helpful healthcare and finance thought leadership content for our audiences, with a focus on achieving a significant boost in SEO, ramping up social engagement, and creating an overall user experience that seamlessly bridges our content and e-commerce.
- Managing Editor at FSAStore.com
- Editor and Content Creator at Contract Employee
- Global Content Editor at Schneider Electric
- Senior Editor at MarketingSherpa, the Primary Research Division of MECLABS LLC
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Journalism
• Manager to 5 person team
• Assigned developmental edits to team members
• Reviewed team's copy and developmental edits for print and digital issues
• Copy and developmental editor for ~65 page final proof
• Collaborated with managing editor and editors-in-chief about issue's content
• Maintained VIM brand voice
• Authored blog posts
- Managing Editor at VIM Magazine
- Social Media and Communications Intern at Michigan State University's College of Arts & Letters
- Digital Marketing Intern at UWP Group
- Digital Content Manager at ing Magazine
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Professional Writing
of Lost & Found: The CUNY Poetics Document Initiative
Lost & Found Twitter Facebook
• Lost & Found: The CUNY Poetics Document Initiative publishes original texts by figures central to and associated with New American Poetry. Poised at the intersection of scholarly investigation, innovative publishing, and cultural preservation, each Lost & Found chapbook emphasizes the importance of collaborative and archival research. Lost & Found is characterized by its careful attention to the interplay of poetry, poetics, friendship, and politics.Working in personal and institutional archives located throughout the country and abroad, our editors illuminate understudied aspects of literary, cultural, and political history. The research at the heart of our publications is conducted by students and fellows under the guidance of an extended scholarly community, and supported by private donors, foundations, and the Center for the Humanities. Lost & Found is funded in part through the generous support of the National Endowment for the Arts, Furthermore: a program of the J.M. Kaplan Fund, The Leslie Scalapino-O Books Fund, and the Sylvia Klatzkin Steinig Fund. Each year, these efforts result in the production of a new Lost & Found series that includes extra-poetic material such as correspondence, journals, and transcriptions of lectures. Working alongside living writers and their heirs, the imprint also organizes public programs that promote new, cooperative models of textual scholarship and publication. In addition, Lost & Found has joined with select publishers for book length projects emerging from our research, appearing under the general title Lost & Found Elsewhere.
• The Managing Editor is responsible for seeing publications through from the planning stages to full production by:
• Developing a publication schedule in accordance with grant timelines
• Facilitating and scheduling editor meetings, production meetings, and design meetings
• Participating in the editing process of a manuscript
• Participating in and facilitating intensive rounds of copy editing on manuscripts before they go to design, or print
• Interfacing with fellow CUNY departments in order to foster collaboration and cooperation on events and publications
• Representing Lost & Found at local and out of state book fairs, most notably the Association of Writers & Writing Programs Conference (AWP)
• Developing new eye-catching promotional materials that accurately represent the ethos and methodology of Lost & Found
• Continuing to expand the range of published materials produced by Lost & Found - facsimiles, broadsides, posters, and other ephemera
• Distribution of publications to individual buyers and book sellers
• Grant searching and application
• Working with educators and organizations outside of CUNY such as Cave Canem and Ravens Press to develop workshops for teen writers, as well as all day conferences, poetry contests, and special events
- Managing editor at
- Editor & Co-Founder of The Felt at THE FELT
- Freelance Design at Center For the Humanities' Blog
- at Summer Workshop at Fine Arts Work Center
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - English
Dysart Reporter, Dysart (IA), Managing Editor Responsible for reporting, editing, photography, and design of two newspapers with 3,500+ combined circulation in Iowa. Provide an attractive, reader-friendly package each week to increase circulation and advertising revenue. Contribute to daily sister publication and supervise a staff of three, while acting as the face of both publications for community and business leaders.
- Managing Editor at Traer Star-Clipper
- Sports Editor at Blackwell Journal-Tribune
- Jailer at Kay County Detention Facility
- 911 Dispatcher at Montgomery County Public Safety
6 years, 1 month at this Job
- BA in Journalism - Public Relations, and Advertising
- - Journalism
- High school
Managing Editor, Chief Executive & Corporate Board Member
Managing online and print editorial content for Chief Executive and Corporate Board Member magazines, in addition to overseeing social media initiatives and production of Chief Executive's e-newsletter, publishing three times weekly to an audience of 80,000 CEOs. Responsible for managing an editorial team of eight editors and designers, as well as 25 contributing writers.
• Responsible for creating and deploying press releases for all internal products and events. Partnered with marketing team to create marketing content for clients in the form of sponsored email campaigns/messaging, online content, white papers, video webinars, driving more than $300,000 in new business in 2018.
• Led team in complete reimagining e-newsletter products, increasing frequency from once weekly to 3X weekly. E-newsletter open rates increased by 112% year-over-year in 2018, with clicks increasing by 165%.
• Led team in the redesign of chiefexecutive.net and the redesign/relaunch of boardmember.com, which combined with a new approach to online content strategy resulted in a 72% increase in users year-over-year, 76% increase in web sessions and a 56% increase in page views.
• Member of CEG's strategic events committee, developing agendas and recruiting presenters for an expanding roster of annual live events for CEOs - the major revenue-driver for the company. The organization has launched five new annual live events in the past year.
- Managing Editor at Chief Executive Group
- Managing Editor at Questex LLC
- Senior Editor, Chief Marketer at Access Intelligence
- at Access Intelligence
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of the Arts - Mass Communication/Journalism