Manufacturing Operations Manager
Responsible for engineering products, process, and production equipment packaged for sale to larger manufacturers in like industries.
• Specialize in 3D urethane foam, froth, and gel for medical, safety, and body armor industries.
• Introduce customers to new technology not currently within their scope.
• Work with potential customers to develop their ideas into a commercial manufacturing process.
• Develop a chemistry that is reproducible and accomplishes the specifications required.
• Design equipment and processes to meet global manufacturing environments.
• Work with select people in the industry to design specialized equipment and testing.
• Use past relationships to gain access to key contacts that have the incentive and the authority to take the production process to the next level.
• Develop customer relationships that contractually have similar goals and expectations.
• Worked with owner of company in many facets of building the foundation, strategies for the business and development of prospective customer base, manufacturers, and products which led to the creation of the company.
- Manufacturing Operations Manager at IP8, LLC
- Manufacturing Process Consultant at M.H. Stallman Company
- Director of Operations and R&D at P.W. Enterprises, LLC
- Operations Director at General Polymer, Inc
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- Classes - Business Management
- Classes - Engineering
- - Engineering
• Oversee Operations for $30 million manufacturing facility in lighting industry.
• Manage $14 million inventory of raw materials and finished goods
• Streamline operations resulting in a $6mil component/finished goods inventory reduction
• Maintain 96% on time completion
• Liaison Procurement to ensure timely receipt of domestic/overseas materials as related to executing production schedule
• Excess and Obsolete Inventory management
• Oversee cycle count process
• ERP /MRP/ WMS proficient
• Supervise 100+ union workforce in manufacturing, shipping, and replenishment of 30 Rep warehouses
• Recruit, train, discipline union workforce and salaried associates
• Progression: Shipping supervisor 3rd shift, Master Production Scheduler, Manufacturing Operations Manager.
- Manufacturing Operations Manager at Simkar Corporation
- General Manager Production / Purchasing at Eastern Imprints, Inc
19 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associates in accounting - accounting
Responsible for technical operations group including Purchasing, Configuration Management, Component Engineering, Manufacturing Test, NPI and Quality. Built team from ground up preparing for commercial launch of antennas and systems serving the 5G rollout.
- Manufacturing Operations Manager at Pivotal Commware, Inc
- Principal at Surffon, LLC
- Head of Hardware and Manufacturing at Deako, Inc
- COO, Founder/Owner at i1 Biometrics
1 year, 5 months at this Job
Responsible for all aspects of Manufacturing Operations. Master Planner for shop work orders. Managed production personnel. Supported bid and proposal activity for production labor estimates and tooling requirements. Provided design review for New Product Introduction.
• Worked with the manufacturing team to implement Lean processes that resulted in yearly cost savings of $75K.
- Manufacturing Operations Manager at Epec Engineered Technologies
- Manufacturing Engineer at Epec Engineered Technologies
- Manufacturing Test Technician at Technology Research Corporation
- Sr. Manufacturing Engineer at RAYTHEON
2 years at this Job
- BS - Electrical Engineering Technology
Responsible for overall manufacturing operations for average annual sales of 90 million
• Coordinate with other departments to maintain schedule & customer demands.
• Report directly to Director of Operations
• Supervise maintenance operations, 5 Supervisors, 150 union employees
• Assembled Lean Daily Management Team to implement & maintain lean manufacturing
• Hands on experience with MRP systems, currently IFS
• Have reduced labor overages, OSHA recordable injuries, and warranty rework
•Maintains environmental compliance for local, state & federal regulation.
- Manufacturing Operations Manager at Cleaverbrooks Engineered Boiler Division
- Production Manager/ Quality Control at American Fence Company
- Owner at Dynamic Ornamental Iron Company
- Sheet Metal Worker/Welder at Waldinger Corporation
12 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Engineering Program
P&L responsibility for 90 MM per year multisite and multi-division region, including leadership and oversight of HSE, Quality, Human Resources, Productivity, and Union Management Relations, for 9 direct reports and 90 indirect reports. Coordinate regional supply and demand via Sales and Operational Planning process. Coaching and Mentoring of 3 Plant Managers and 6 Unit Managers.
• Reduced IRR from 12.5 to 0 by implementing and supporting safety systems approach consisting of Joint Management and Employee Health and Safety Committee, Behavior Based Safety, and Small Area Safety Audits.
• Increased uptime by 50% by effective staffing of facilities with necessary skills and abilities to meet the mission of the company while simultaneously increasing the pace of a reliability centered maintenance approach.
• Decreased housekeeping near misses by 25% via improved plant housekeeping via site area checklists, manager / employee audits, and recognition.
• Increased plant utilization by 5% through rebalancing regional demand to meet key customer demand increases.
• Reduced Quality complaints by 75% by reconstituting the ISO:9001 Quality System and implementing and improving in-process testing and troubleshooting.
- Regional Manufacturing Operations Manager at PQ Corporation
- Plant Manager at Multiserv / National Briquette Corporation
- Maintenance Manager at GAF Materials Corporation
- Project Manager - Reliability Systems at Armstrong World Industries, Inc
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Finance
- Bachelor of Science - Engineering
• Supervised and streamlined day-to-day blood product manufacturing activities and inventory management based on customer needs.
• Performed tracking, trending and analysis of manufacturing, productivity, and efficiency for process improvement and cost-saving measures.
• Completed product and process failure investigations, troubleshooting, and root-cause analysis.
• Supervised 59 manufacturing and testing staff for successful and timely completion of mission-critical tasks in a deadline-driven environment to include scheduling, hiring, training, coaching, and termination.
• Cultivated teamwork and effective communication between individuals of different background and various skill sets.
• Evaluated skills, abilities, and efficiency in performing mission-critical tasks to ensure a well-qualified team.
• Ensured laboratory compliance with FDA, AABB, CLIA, and Oklahoma Blood Institute (OBI) directives, procedures, and regulations.
- Manufacturing Operations Manager at Oklahoma Blood Institute
- Head Cashier at Home Depot
- Biorepository Associate Manager/Project Manager at Oklahoma Medical Research Foundation
- Postdoctoral Scientist at Huntsman Cancer Institute
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Cell and Molecular Biology
- B.S. - Biology
Supervise a team of 20+ to manufacture ultrasonic flow & Gas and Moisture systems for global customers Plant revenue ~$60M/yr, OTD 90%, inventory below $5M/qtr Supported 100% growth YoY by leading Aurora production team to reduce lead time from 8 to 2 weeks. Improved first piece yield by 15% Transitioned ERP system to SAP as superuser for operations team NPI of Aurora Transport, supported all supply chain and operations requirements Implemented capital equipment to reduce calibration costs by $76K/yr Executing orders through collaboration with materials planners, buyers, manufacturing and quality engineering resulting in OTD of 90% Responsible for meeting all established cost, quality, delivery, inventory commitments Support and promote Health, Safety and Environmental priorities, 0 recordable injuries Orchestrated project recovery plans to fulfill orders - totaling $800K FY2018
- Manufacturing Operations Manager at BHGE Measurement & Control
- Lead Project Engineer at GE Measurement & Control
- Sr. Project Engineer at UOP a Honeywell Company
- Production Engineer II at Waters Corporation
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Leadership
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering Technology
Responsibilities Oversee all floor activities and managed 6 Superviors, 10 Section Leads and over a 100 Associate’s. Trained and manage performance of staff to support KPI's. Manage adequate staffing to meet business needs. Supervised and executed all activities associated with respect to quality, customer service, cost, environmental, health and safety within assigned areas. Responsible for driving results and achieving operational goals targets identified in "Key Performance Indicators". Identified opportunities for improvement through trouble shooting techniques to customers satisfaction. Work closely with other Management Team to maintain a well cross trained workforce. Assisted with recruiting, hiring, training, coaching and counseling associates. Worked through " Lean Manufacturing Process" also maintained and operated using 5S Methodology and improved operations through Kaizen studies. Accomplishments Train and motivate associates to produce product in a timely and safe manner through company policies. Lead team to produce record numbers and reduce breakage in producing eyewear. Skills Used Leadership, coaching, motivating team to achieve target goals set by company standards. Used sound judgement to resolve associate and customer complaints through company policies.
- Manufacturing Operations Manager at HVHC Visionworks
- Plant Operations Manager at Transtate Tire
- Manufacturing Supervisor at Beef Products Inc.
- Resistance Welder at Sheer Press and Die Setters
5 years at this Job
- vocational - Criminal Justice
- High School Diploma
• Maintains operation of assigned area(s) in compliance with budgetary guidelines. Collaborates on budget development, monitors performance, takes corrective action and directs continuous cost improvements of all areas including labor, expenses, assessments, and capital.
• Plans and supervises execution of daily activities in assigned area(s) and assures leadership coverage on multiple shifts. Assigns and delegates tasks. Monitors schedule performance. Develops and implements corrective actions.
• Develops and implements local and shorter-term solutions supporting departmental, divisional and corporate policies and decisions. Contributes to policy-making process.
• Establish, maintain, and monitor processes and procedures ensuring high quality of the area product/service and efficient operation. Upholds compliance with ISO 9001 requirements, EHS and corporate policies.
• Assures the product of service of the assigned area meets all applicable quality requirements (i.e. engineering, project specific, product and industry standards).
• Control cost of providing the products and services of assigned area(s). Monitors actual costs against standard costs and planned project costs and directs corrective action. Directs development and implementation of product, system and project cost improvements.
• Establishes and applies performance metrics. Identifies opportunities for process and quality improvement. Evaluates employee performance and opportunities for improvement. Develops and implements solutions to process, quality and employee improvement opportunities.
• Monitors demand for area services and adjusts staffing levels to meet requirements using available methods including internal resources, contract agencies, and direct hiring.
• Ensures assigned staff are qualified and appropriately trained for assigned work. Create and maintain training plans and records. Assures that appropriate training program(s) are in place and yielding required results.
• Manages employee performance development to maximize employee performance and satisfaction. Establishes area goals in alignment with cooperate initiatives and cascades goals to direct reports.
• Acts as the primary representative of assigned area(s) including multiple shifts. Collaborates with internal and outside groups as needed to achieve area goals and to support goals of other areas within MTS.
- Manufacturing Operations Manager at MTS Systems
- Production Supervisor at Daikin
- Line Supervisor & Brake Press Operator at Daikin
4 years at this Job
- BACHELORS OF APPLIED ENGINEERING - Operations Management
- BACHELORS OF TECHNOLOGY - MANAGEMENT
- Associates - Contemporary Business