• Responsible for supporting all stages of complex aircraft engine parts manufacturing processes by providing technical process expertise, project management, and trouble shooting skills. Currently managing multiple simultaneous parts and their manufacturing processes.
• Responsible for quoting repair for every part received and deciding order of manufacturing operations through overhaul shop, every part is different due to repair condition and part configuration.
• Responsible for working closely with drafting team to create and update process related documentation for every operation called the manufacturing operating sheet, which has process illustrations and gives all critical dimensions, tooling, instructions and information for operator. Also utilized Microsoft Office.
• Good teamwork skills, responsible for working closely with and providing technical assistance to manufacturing personnel/ skilled trades during process improvement actions, good
• Experience leading new process introduction - Repair for a turbine support case given a new front section taken through machining off old section, welding on new section, heat treat, finish machining (lathe, mill, EDM etc), non-destructive testing, and first piece quality inspection operations.
• Experience with continuous improvement, implemented process improvement- heat treat fixture implementation and data collection etc. Experience with vendor relations including communication and onsite vendor visits and date collection to improve manufacturing turnaround time. Experience leading corrective/preventative action meetings in lieu of quality engineer, ran corrective/preventative action meeting every morning for 6 months.
• Manufacturing processes include receiving evaluations composed of dimensional CMM (Co-ordinate measuring Machine), hand check gage inspection, and NDT(non-destructive testing such as FPI(Fluorescent Penetrant inspection), and X-ray. ) .In process repair processes include brazing, welding( TIG, AutoTIG, EBweld), machining(CNC, manual lathe, and milling), heat treat( solution, and precipitate age for Inconel alloys ), dimensional restoration (nickel plating and plasma spray), and other manufacturing methods including electron discharge machining.
- Manufacturing Process Engineer at MB Aerospace
- Engineering Intern at Assystem UK
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor's - Aeronautical Engineering
• Lead Engineer on $3 Million skincare addition to manufacturing plant. o Designed new plant layout to allow for optimal material flow o Incorporation of 18 kettle WooWon vacuum turboemulsifier system into capacity, more than doubling liquid manufacturing capabilities o Coordinated/designed plumbing loops for steam, chilled water, domestic water, and deionized water feeding all equipment and allowing for future capacity increase/equipment movement o Managed coordination between contractors, mechanics, riggers, and engineers leading to minimal plant downtime and mitigation of safety/contamination hazards o Designed and coordinated building of washroom and dry room accounting for material flow, temperature, and optimal sanitization o Led approval/rejection of technical specifications of all new equipment purchased
• Lead Engineer on Manufacturing department takeover of Pre-Weigh Department o Implementation of visual tracking method for pre-weigh department to improve internal and external awareness of process related deviations o Development of new process flow chart to direct movement of material and manpower
• Safety Initiatives o Upgraded non-OSHA compliant Day 14x30 three roll mill with OSHA compliant Keith-Day 14x30 TRM o Began project to bring all Gemco Tumble blenders into OSHA compliance for guarding
• Led waste disposal initiative leading to a savings of $80,000 per year
• Solidworks design of improved Jooshin 12 Stirrup Hammer with greater maintenance capabilities
• Quality Committee Member performing monthly audits of assigned departments
• Writing and performing of protocols: Installation Qualification (IQ), Operational Qualification (OQ), and Factory Acceptance testing (FAT), Work Instructions, Standard Operating Procedures, etc.
- Manufacturing Process Engineer at Oxygen Development
- Manufacturing Engineer Intern- Sapien 3 Valve (Class III Medical Device) at Edwards Lifesciences
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Biomedical Engineering - Biomedical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science in Biomedical Engineering - Biomaterials
Lead Manufacturing Process Engineer responsible for steel taping and lead adhesive departments. Overall responsibilities include design, build, installation, and debug of new machinery and tooling including operator training. Daily tasks include evaluating and correcting equipment and process issues impacting throughput and quality. * Directed the reorganization of the lead adhesive department including floor plan layout, new equipment and tooling, coordinating and scheduling vendor equipment installation and debugging. The new system resulted in a 30% improvement in throughput and a reduction of (5) operators across (3) shifts. * Responsible for travel to German facility for new powder coating equipment validation and buy off. Coordinated equipment delivery to US, led the installation, debug, and operator training. The new equipment improved production by 40% resulting in the reduction of (3) operators across (3) shifts. * Led teams of 5-7 people thru Kaizen events resulting in a 17% improvement in throughput.
- Manufacturing Process Engineer at Wegmann Automotive
- Product Design Engineer at Pretoria Transit Interiors
- Lead Mechanical Engineer at Colbert Manufacturing
5 years, 10 months at this Job
- B.S. - Mechanical Engineering
* Lead process manufacturing engineer for cable extrusion engineering support, R&D cable trials for automakers, and process improvements and equipment redesign for the aluminum cable make-process. * Provide Management oversight of the Coax Braiding Department, including process control and product development requiring a collaborative, cross-functional approach to stakeholder engagement. * Direct quality control and quality improvement activities for internal inspections, ensuring the highest standard of production and delivery. * Lead and Manage 6 SIGMA and Lean projects to improve operations by minimizing variability in manufacturing and business process through quality control and statistical analysis. * Advance ideas for continuous improvement and implementation strategies to ensure the timely and effective results of improvements are achieved.
- Manufacturing Process Engineer at APTIV
- Project Engineer at Ajax TOCCO Magnethermic
- Industrial Engineer Intern at Canfield Industries
- Industrial Engineer Intern at Canfield Industries
4 years at this Job
- Bachelors - Industrial and Systems Engineering
* Supervise sub-assembly operations for two main lines of Softail and Sportster family which consist of 18 models, 50 operators and six team leaders. * Responsible for shop support, built in quality (BIQ), standard work, PFMEA, time studies (MOST), control plans, work station layout, tooling & fixtures, process audits and manpower utilization (capacity analysis). * Liaise with quality engineering, supplier quality, advanced manufacturing, resident engineers/ design engineers, continuous improvement (CI) engineers, upper management, safety engineers, maintenance to achieve efficient, reliable and sound processes. * Develop PFMEA's & control plans to alleviate risks through improvement projects and update changes in weekly PFMEA review meetings, reduced RPN (risk priority number) by 95%. * Prepare standard work sheets (SWS) and job instruction sheets (JIS) for new model in new product introduction (NPI); work with advanced manufacturing and headquarters in 3-way review of documents and processes. * Create high level process flow diagrams (PFD) with Microsoft Visio tool to foresee near future process changes accomplishing enhanced production of assembly units. * Revise fixture drawing sheets using AutoCAD 2017 to modify assembly fixtures improving ease of fixture use and poka-yoke (mistake proof) the process, eliminating defects by 100%. * Key member of weekly RCB (running change board) meetings hosted by resident/design engineer for approval of ECR (engineering change request) and implementing ECN (engineering change notice) for design/part changes. * Conduct capability studies (Cp, Cpk) for torque tools and machinery receiving direction to projects and achieving capable processes, eliminated unreliability by 98%. * Projects with maintenance team for fabricating gauges, modifying fixtures; wrote work orders using SAP. * Collaborate with sr. manufacturing engineer to develop APQP IPPAP (internal production part approval process).
- MANUFACTURING PROCESS ENGINEER at HARLEY-DAVIDSON MOTOR COMPANY
- MANUFACTURING ENGINEER at CATERPILLAR INC
- GRADUATE TEACHING ASSISTANT at NORTHERN ILLINOIS UNIVERSITY
- ENGINEER IN RESIDENCE at CATERPILLAR INC
9 months at this Job
- Master's - Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Bachelor's - Industrial Engineering
- Associate - Mechanical Engineering
Report to Production Manager
v Realized saving of $850K (CAD) per year through the Six Sigma Black belt training project on reducing scrap cost and enhancing material utilization
v Cut operator labor cost by 45% by implementing statistical process control (SPC) sampling and removing 100% visual quality inspection
v Realized saving of $1.1M (CAD) by co-leading a project in reducing operator error related
part rejects across one of the company's plants consisting of 154 operators
The Lead Process Engineer for the most important project of the company (Volkswagen fuel cell car
• Analyze processes past trends, Monitor workflows, Make predictions by developing models, recommend enhancement and assist senior management in decision making
• Develop continuous improvement initiatives; Apply design to cost, lean manufacturing, design for manufacturing and design for Six Sigma principles
• Evaluate production bottlenecks and develop action plans to resolve. Set and monitor performance goals
• Planned and facilitated tactical team meetings to ensure good team dynamics and buy-in
- Manufacturing Process Engineer at Ballard Power Systems
- Mechanical Design Engineer at Loop Energy
5 years at this Job
- Master's - MBA
- Master's - Mechanical Engineering
- Bachelor - Engineering Science
Developed manufacturing process by studying requirements, designing, modifying and testing
manufacturing method and equipment.
• Analyzed, implemented and converted 2D drawing to 3D model, designed fixture in SolidWorks using GD&T tolerancing.
• Prepared product and process report by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
• Provided manufacturing decision making information by calculating production, material cost; reviewing production schedule and participated in product testing and validation.
- Manufacturing Process Engineer at LAB Medical, MA
- Mechanical Design Engineer at J.K Foundry Engineers
- Mechanical Engineer Intern at J.K Foundry Engineers
- Manufacturing Intern at Gujarat Foils LTD
3 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering - Plastic Product Design
- Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering - Machine Design
Evaluated manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, assembly, tooling,
and materials; soliciting observations from operators.
• Documented routings, methods, layouts, tools, quality plans and labor standards for revisions to current operations and/or new parts or programs of moderate scope.
• Improved manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, and equipment layout for LPB (Limited Product Build)
• Generated DFMA reports by working closely with design engineering to recognize and intensify potential manufacturing challenges.
• Developed manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, modifying, manufacturing methods and equipment's; GCI robotic arm setup for critical torques; SR wrenches for engine tranny marriage and Electro Hydraulic valve assembly
• Extensively worked on Assembly Manufacturing Execution System (AMES) to ensure error proofing assembly techniques; provided with the meticulous amount of knowledge to operators that has been designed and developed by the engineering team.
• Developed and implemented plans to support lean manufacturing flow with best practices by extensively following 5S on the shop floor.
• Dealt with near miss incidents which took place on the assembly line and took precautionary steps to reduce those incidents by improving / introducing new methods of manufacturing.
• Determined product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes.
• Involved with quality audits like Process Verification Analysis and product Pre-Delivery Inspection to find out the root cause of the issue and thus identifying the solution for the same.
• Organized product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information.
• Keeps equipment operational by coordinating maintenance and repair services; following manufacturer's instructions and established procedures.
• Key player in Safety Environmental and Management System and 5S team in the facility to provide employees a broader picture for using their tool
• Coordinated and completed design and development projects by training and guiding operators; Subsidized to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
• Actively involved in John Deere Quality and Production System, Initial Product Quality and quality audits which were conducted.
- Manufacturing Process Engineer at JOHN DEERE DAVENPORT WORKS
- Manufacturing engineer (process improvement) at ELGI EQUIPMENTS Ltd
- Manufacturing Engineer at RIVER INSULATIONS Ltd
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Manufacturing Engineering
• Planned and executed process and equipment validations for multiple disposable product lines
• Key member in successfully transitioning an acquired company’s product lines into established manufacturing infrastructure.
• Effectively and efficiently assessed and resolved manufacturing issues as a floor support first point of contact
• Improved throughput and quality of multiple manual assembly lines as the process owner through continuous improvement activities
- Disposables Manufacturing Process Engineer at Terumo BCT
- Quality Control / Document Control at Premier Precision Group
- Special Process Engineer at Chandler Industries
- Quality Engineer at Reata Engineering & Machine Works
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Mechanical Engineering
• Set-up injection tools and support maintenance department with tool and equipment repairs and maintenance.
• Troubleshoot new and existing processes to enhance quality and production yield.
• Establish molding and secondary manufacturing processes through process capability study and document the processes according to ISO 9001 & 13485 standards.
• Support quality department with dimensional capability study, design fixtures for part lay-out.
• Utilize ERP system to manage the production requirements, resources, productivity, and cost improvement programs.
- Manufacturing Process Engineer at G&F Medical
- Injection Molding Process Technician at United Plastics
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Plastics Engineering