CA Enterprises, Inc. Norristown, PA 2017-2019
A $85M manufacturer of toys and games.
Manufacturing Process Engineer
• Developed and trained factory personnel in countermeasures to correct the material properties of silicone-based polymers. This transfer of knowledge led to correcting and saving $40,000 of processed material.
• Researched and developed coatings for steel packaging tins to prevent putty from leaking out. This permanently resolved customer complaints, returns and stopped shipments amounting to over $8M in wholesale revenues.
• Developed and implemented the training of Drexel University interns in Polymer Science, TRIZ methodology for innovative problem solving, Kaizen practices, and Lean Manufacturing. Assigned and supervised their work which resulted in $30M of savings to the company and the development of new product lines and materials.
• Served as an industrial-safety liaison between OSHA, the Norristown Fire Marshal and CA Enterprises in addressing industrial safety issues and an incident that reduced a $95,000 fine from OSHA to $19,000. This prevented the delay to open the new Norristown facility.
• Project Managed the design, construction and layout of the new manufacturing facility in Norristown. Then implemented the move of all capital equipment from the Phoenixville facility to Norristown. The facility layout and machine positions were compliant with Mil-Std-1472 Rev G for human engineering, anthropometry and ergonomics. These measures avoided disability compensations for the employer and loss time from work for employees.
• Trained and developed SOPs for production personnel in the use of a $1M mixer, imported from Italy, capable of producing 2,000-pound batches of putty. The mixer had to be operated similarly to a low-pressure, flash dryer to optimize energy usage and drying efficiencies.
- Manufacturing Process Engineer at CA Enterprises, Inc.
- Senior Project Manager at CertainTeed Corporation
- Project Manager at Papa's Pastry and Baking Corporation
- Senior Manager of Advanced Materials Manufacturing at CPC Corporation of America
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- MS - Management of Technology
- Commissioned Engineering Officer - Construction Engineering
- BS - Mechanical Engineering
Sr. Manufacturing Process Engineer, 2016-2019
• Led (2) MEs to implement manufacturing systems to meet program goals, including common processes and equipment.
• Met requirements of finalized Manufacturing Technical Specification (MTS) and ensured equipment met performance requirements.
• Developed and managed detailed program timing plan and cost budgets. Maintained and delivered program on-time and within budget.
• Managed to work with outside vendors and help design, and build all process tools, snap ring masters, operators aids, material handling automation and racks
• Conducted run at rate for all sub assembly and main transmission line and implemented plan to resolve issues and improve throughput from 53 to 74 JPH.
• Managed (7) skilled trades to implement process and tool changes for test machines, snap ring installation machines, assembly machines and robotic cells.
- Sr. Manufacturing Process Engineer at GENERAL MOTORS COMPANY
- at GENERAL MOTORS COMPANY
- Sr. Robotic Engineer at GENERAL MOTORS COMPANY
- Sr. Manufacturing Engineer at GENERAL MOTORS COMPANY
3 years at this Job
- MS - Industrial Engineering
- BS - Mechanical Engineering
- Master - Design for Six Sigma
2nd largest producer of polyurethane foam products, developing advanced technologies for commercial and retail channels.
Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer
Left due to layoffs pending corporate sale.
• Hired as only Six Sigma Black Belt to streamline production, create lean systems, and discover profitable opportunities. Served one plant until recruited by Continuous Improvement Director to join CI team for all 22 manufacturing locations.
• Drove Continuous Improvement efforts throughout company, creating most programs from scratch.
• Saved ~$25M annually in perpetuity, through Six Sigma Efficiency initiatives targeting receiving and delivery processes. Created designs to improve tool capabilities and eliminate need for new capital expenditures for multiple projects. Built databases to track production and efficiency.
• Developed master training matrix, tracking amount of training accomplished and needed for each employee. Trained employees on Lean Principles, providing hands-on guidance as needed.
• Reduced scrap rates from 12%-18% down to 6%, saving money on wasted product.
• Authored work instructions & inspection sheets, conducted audits, and facilitated training based on newly designed procedures.
• Developed effective forecasting, utilizing FMEA and knowledge of vendor supply chain, customer demand, and patterns/variations.
• Performed systems analysis to minimize downtime, increase tool capability, improve inventory control, and reduce overall risks & costs.
• Developed procedures for improved programs and tools, creating corporate standard for Management Operating System, managing daily improvement based on Lean procedures, and creating path to sustainable improvement with Overall Efficiency Program along with tools and calculators for Overall Production Planning.
- Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer at Innocor
- Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer at American Air Filter
- Senior Process Engineer, Assembly & Packaging at General Electric
- Product Development Engineer at Brad J Hart Consulting
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Art - Glass
Marlborough Ma. 2/2017-Present
Medical Device Company manufacturer of laser guided catheters for treating Atrial Fibrillation (Afib)
Sr Engineering Technician / Manufacturing Process Engineer
• Utilizing all facets of my skill-set, and experience, aided in the design, assembly, and testing, of prototype catheters including a new motorized catheter for treating Afib.
• Designed, machined, and fabricated assembly fixtures, and test equipment for manufacturing for the assembly and testing of older and newer versions of catheters.
• Performed OQ, PQ and IQ testing, on new, and old assembly equipment on the production floor, wrote SOP's and assembly procedures. Worked closely with production personal.
• In product development, developed new assembly processes, and techniques. Performed good manufacturing practices to increase catheter yields, as well as overall quality.
• With 25+ years of soldering experience, performed the mechanical assembly, and soldering for the new control boxes, and cables, needed for the new motorized catheter.
• Responsible for plumbing new air compressors, dryer filters, particle filters, pneumatic manifolds, test equipment, assembly equipment requiring clean dry air in manufacturing.
• Recognized as the "go to person" to troubleshoot manufacturing equipment and test equipment when issues arose.
• Worked closely with the quality department, writing and implementing V&V procedures and protocols. Established manufacturing assembly, and test equipment calibration intervals.
• Relied upon heavily by upper management for showing manufacturing personal the proper use of assembly fixtures, assembly equipment, and test equipment.
• Called in sick once, in over two years at Cardiofocus, the only one at my level, that has worked weekends, and nights to meet company goals and objectives.
- Sr Engineering Technician / Manufacturing Process Engineer at Cardiofocus Corporation
- Sr. Engineering Technician at Block Engineering LLC
- Sr. Manufacturing Engineering Technician at CeQur Corp
- Sr. Engineering Technician at IQuum Incorporated
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Certificate in
- Production support for a variety of high end electronic repair operations including medical device repair and failure analysis reporting. Familiar with the ISO9001 standard and its requirements for compliance.
• Medical - Collaborate with team members to develop process risk analysis. Involved with ISO 13485 audits and participation in an FDA inspection.
• ISO 14001 Site Coordinator - Set goals and tracked progress for environmental improvement. Developed and implemented disaster recovery process and performed desk top mock exercises.
• ESD Compliance Engineer - Defined and trained plant operations to comply with ESD requirements.
• Safety Committee Lead - Organized and initiated safety improvements using PDCA format.
• Lean Mfg. - Participation in lean manufacturing and GMP improvements.
- Manufacturing/Process Engineer at Flextronics
- LCD Engineering Manager at Solectron Corp/Unisys Corp/Sequel Inc
10 years at this Job
- High School Diploma
Manufacturing Engineering team member working with suppliers to ensure HP PCA's (printed circuit assemblies) are manufactured to meet HP requirements and quality standards. I also work with te business units to direct the PCB/PCA designs into producible cost-effective products utilizing all existing and emerging technology. Coordinate the preproduction builds between Design Engineering and Manufacturing. Specify the assembly process that will be used in manufacturing during the design phase of the project. Perform cycle time and yield analysis on PCA's. I am a member of the HP Core team for RoHS development and implementation. Working with CM's and ODM's to guide and ensure development of RoHS capabilities and compliance to include on site assessment (Asia, Europe and South America) to qualify ability to meet HP business and technical requirements.
- Manufacturing Process Engineer at Hewlett - Packard
- Manager of PCA New Product Engineering at Hewlett - Packard
- PCA Development Engineer at Hewlett - Packard
- DFM Analyst at Solectron
12 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associates of Applied Science - Engineering Design
• Successfully developed instrument reconditioning processes for multi-instrument product lines, created manufacturing product structures & processes, including BOM's with sustainable work instructions, factory test procedures for all mfg. levels, router time, and standard costs for the MicroScan WA 40, WA 96, AS-4, CX, LX20, & DxC Reconditioned Instruments.
• Provided hands-on engineering support for new product introduction (NPI), product transfer projects, expedite solutions to manufacturing problems including those related to processes, equipment, materials, supply chain, documentation, equipment validation, product verification (test) and validation (application) including IQ, OQ, PQ and process validation.
• Cross-functional Team Leadership - Led cross-functional teams to timely & successfully complete engineering verification & validation on various complex projects through Design & Process Controls such as DxC Level Sense Assy., Photometer & Assy., DxC Cup Modules, Syringe Drive Assy., Obstruction Detection Assy., Probe Assy., and other component obsolescence issues.
• Developed training & documentation materials for production such as work instructions to enable the seamless knowledge transfer of projects and manufacturing processes. Assigned support tasks; trained, coached, and guided lower level employees on conducting sub-assembly processes & tests and provided feedback.
• Manufacturing Supervisor occasionally on Saturdays - in charge of mfg. personnel to build current products.
• Experienced in develop, implement, and maintain manufacturing methods, processes, and operations for new & existing products to assure the highest level of quality and to meet production monthly schedule.
• Experienced in interface & confer with appropriate departments, such as QA, QC, QS, Tech Support, Purchasing, Development to prepare process modifications, clarify manufacturing problems and/or develop new processes.
• Suppliers: Traveled to suppliers' sites to troubleshoot and resolved various manufacturing process problems such as plastic molding, probe coating finish, PCB, and cable issues. Provided engineering support to suppliers in conjunction with QA, SQE to help to close SCARS & resolve manufacturing problems on electro-mechanical assemblies, assembly rejects, including First Article (FAIR) related issues.
• Performed system process validations for various sub-assemblies on Synchron CX/LX/DxC Chemistry Analyzers. Prepared & executed protocols & reports with detailed documentation including IQ, OQ, PQ on new and/or existing manufacturing processes, and make improvement recommendations.
• MRB: Experienced with Material Review Board (MRB) meetings, provided engineering support to investigate root causes and corrective actions for manufacturing rejects with timely disposition of non-conforming materials.
• CAPA: Performed engineering failure analysis to identify root cause & confirmed customer field returned failures. Implemented affective corrective actions to help resolving customer complaints & closed CAPA's on various in-house and field returned electro-mechanical assemblies for chemistry failures, DxC/LX MC Cup Modules leakage, Photometer Assembly issues, CX Sample Probe contamination and CX1/CX3 Calcium carryover problems. SUCESSFUL CONTINOUS PROCESS IMPROVEMENT (CPI), KAIZEN, and OVERSEAS PROJECTS
● CPI Project No. 802: The Precise Optics – Optimized & improved mfg. optical alignment process for current Photometer Assembly – Result: min. annual savings + $103K/yr.
● CPI Project No. 618: The Prism – Significantly improved mfg. assembly process w/ current design Grating Mount instead of using a new expensive material & design mount - Result: min. annual savings + 13K/yr.
● CPI Project No. 212: Save Lots of Bucks – Worked with vendor to implement the Rebuilt Micro memory boards into current rebuilt product structure for CX Instruments- Result: min. annual savings + $1.2 Millions/yr.
● CPI Project No. 640: The Healthy Heart- Optimized & improved optical alignment during mfg. process for current Monochromatic Assembly- Result: min. annual savings +$90K/yr.
● CPI Project No. 245: Synchron Hearts- Improved & simplified assembly test processes by eliminated wastes at Muda for current optical assembly- Result: min. annual savings + $73K/yr.
● CPI Project No. 486: The Fe Termination – Experienced and validated a customized passivation process to completely resolved Instrument’s iron carryover problem for worldwide customers - Result: min. annual savings + $100K/yr.
● Instrument Re-commercialized Projects - Successfully led & developed the foundation for BCI Brea Manufacturing Instrument Reconditioning Program- Result: min. annual savings + $1 Million/yr.:
● Created reconditioning product structures, BOM's, work instructions, procedures, standard costs, & documentation for: 1) MicroScan Instrument product lines: WalkAway 40 Plus, 96 Plus, MicroScan autoSCAN-4 (As-4) System 2) Synchron Instrument Chemistry Analyzers product lines: CX, LX20/LXi-LX20 PRO conversion, DxC 600/800
● Visual Management Brea Quality Control Kaizen (5S) – Created and implemented Kamishibai Cards for the Dept. use to improve workflow, promote a clean, safe working environment and improve product quality.
● Walk Away Reconditioned Instrument Kaizen – Achieved standard work process with an efficient designated work flow area & significantly improved manufacturing throughputs by eliminating non- added value steps at Muda.
● Overseas/special assignments, Ireland (& China): Provided system technical & training support to setup/startup manufacturing facility in Galway. Successfully planned, created a product structure, BOM's, and implemented a low cost with validated manufacturing process in Galway, Ireland to build Synchron reconditioned instruments, sub-assemblies and minimized the returning of Reusable Parts Kits (R.P.K.) from Europe to U.S.A. without the use of the sub-assembly test fixtures - Result: min. annual savings + $500K/yr.
- Sr. Manufacturing/Process Engineer at Beckman Coulter - Diagnostics Development Center
- Sr. Manufacturing/Process Engineer at Beckman Coulter, Inc.
26 years, 5 months at this Job
- BS - Engineering Technology (Computer Electronics)
- AA Certificate
- AA Certificate - Management
• Design and develop entire process for aerospace gear components using customer provided prints and specifications.
• Create part models and process sketches to be used by manufacturing and quality to produce and inspect components.
• Create and update engineering routings and masters within ERP system.
• Review, implement and close ECRs (engineering change requests) entered by manufacturing personnel or provided by customers.
• Work with external customers to resolve print issues or concerns in regards to design for manufacturing.
• Support manufacturing with processing problems and implement improvements.
• Check other engineers work and train new engineers.
• Review and approve/reject inspection reports from internal inspection department and external suppliers.
- Senior Manufacturing Process Engineer at BMT Aerospace
- Manufacturing/Product Engineer at Linamar Corp
- Process Engineer at Delta Gear
- Manufacturing Engineer at Goodrich Corporation
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- BS - Engineering
• Support all aspects of process engineering for manufacturer of fiber optic components. Involved from product conceptualization to line production, ensuring all quality standards maintained.
• Design new mechanical fixtures and modify existing tooling fixtures for optical testing phase.
• Perform implementation of fiber optic component process. Author process instructions for operators and carry out operator training.
• Develop and introduce improvements to reduce total cycle times for packaging operations, interacting between development and production areas to identify ways to minimize process flow.
• Create package and part labels. Inspect all units prior to shipping to ensure all quality standards maintained.
• Work with a team to develop, qualify, and implement new products, product improvements and extensions
• Provide technical support to product management, manufacturing, supply chain, and other functional groups
• Contribute to and lead proposals including technical, schedule and cost components
• Work closely with the engineering planner to develop/review the project
- Manufacturing Process Engineer at Slade Gorton Inc
- Maintenance Manager at Necco
- Maintenance Mechanic Manager at FRANCISCAN CHILDREN'S
- Maintenance Mechanic Manager at State Garden
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Electric and Mechanical Advance Program
• Expertise in reducing cycle downtime in the Counter Pressure Casting Machines (CPC).
• Reduced the scrap rate from 4% to 2.2% by performing root cause analysis for the problem.
• Improved Production processes by cutting down the wastes from through eliminating the warm up shots from the CPC.
• Train CPC Operators on different parameters to run the machine by reducing different quality defects.
• Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning workflow, space requirements and equipment layout.
• Worked with the management on production costs and cost-saving methods.
• Implemented FIFO system for continuous flow and reduced downtime for Saw-cut and trim by 33%.
• Implemented process Improvement Initiatives to drive productivity and on time delivery.
• Prepares product process reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing the information for customers meetings and audits.
• Troubleshoot and improve existing machining processes with a focus on quality and efficiency.
• Performing [email protected] for the maximum capacity of the machine to support the customer requirements.
- Manufacturing Process Engineer at Sakthi Automotive Group
- Quality Engineer at Sakthi Automotive Group
- Project Engineer at Shaili Infra Ltd
- Project Engineer Co-op at Hyderabad Metropolitan Water Supply and Sewerage Board
1 year at this Job
- Master of Science in Engineering Management - Engineering Management
- Bachelor's in civil engineering - civil engineering