Lean Leader, Manufacturing Team Leader and production department trainer implementing production according to lean manufacturing ideology. Supervise 5-9 production associates and trained 15 new employees in the last two years.
• Promoted by senior management to Manufacturing Team Leader and Lean Leader position based on efficient performance with tasks including machine program editing, set-ups, and waste minimization
• Provide day-to-day oversight, supervision, leadership, coaching and performance management of process technicians team in an assigned department
• Evaluate and negotiate with different tool suppliers to find the most performance efficient and cost-efficient tools, resulting in a total cost reduction of 30%.
• Oversee the efficient operation of the department including proper use of labor and equipment according to established quality and safety criteria
• Spearheaded weekly Lean PDCA meeting guiding team members to raise safety, quality or process related issues and ideas, resolving any problem areas and enlisting engineering staff support as needed
• Years of manufacturing experience in aerospace and wind energy bearings.
• Conduct quarterly internal ISO audit, fixing all OSHA violations and ensuring all processes meet ISO standards, positioning the organization to receive a status of excellence from the external auditor
- Lean Leader, Manufacturing Team Leader at Timken
- at Timken
- CNC Machinist / Process Technician at Timken
- Administration Manager at Nobel School System
5 years at this Job
- Certification in Supply Chain Management
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Business Law, Business
- Bachelor of Science in Commerce - Business Law
Hydro Mechanical Manufacturing Team Leader / MRO Repairman
Oversee site wide factory operation activities on a daily basis and coordinate with operation/production control. Direct and control the flow of work through assembly and test areas to meet established delivery dates, quality, cost, and safety standards. Develop competent and skill self-directed work teams.
• Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
• Interfaces with others in the organization to ensure customer deadlines are met.
• Inspects and measures parts and products to verify conformance to specifications
• Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
• Develops, recommends, and implements measures to improve production methods, equipment performance, and quality of product.
• Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving work problems.
• Ensure compliance with all applicable FAR's during the course of day-to-day assignments.
• Perform receiving inspection requirements for new and continued-serviced parts for serviceability, including but not limited to, verifying certification form manufacture or overhaul facility and inspecting for shopping damage.
• Responsible for approving requests to run operations out of sequence, and preparing and signing substitute process sheets, coordinating subcontract machined parts with Purchasing to ensure that critical vendor processes and subsequent in-house operations are well defined.
• assume some manufacturing engineering responsibilities including troubleshooting processes, recommending corrective actions, and following-up on progress until adequate results are achieved
• Provide technical support to vendors upon the request of Purchasing.
• Seek out new technologies and coordinate with manufacturing management.
• Site wide manager for all 3rd shift for all departments
• Oversee environment and procedures compliance with company’s 6 Sigma process standards.
- Hydro Mechanical Manufacturing Team Leader / MRO Repairman at Triumph Group, (TGI)
- HH-60M Line Manufacturing Supervisor at Sikorsky, United Technologies Corporation (UTC)
- S 76 Avionics Tech at Keystone Helicopter, United Technologies Corporation (UTC)
- UH-60 Blackhawk Helicopter Flight Engineer, Repairer, Crew Chief at Army National Guard
6 years, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Engineering
- Associate of Science
• Managed activities across 4 shifts and 7 days, of team of 40 Technicians responsible for operating complex machinery and computer systems.
• Facilitated production schedule requirements and maintained KPIs by evaluating data, troubleshooting and prioritizing.
• Reduced changeover process time from 23 hours to 17 hours by using lean manufacturing principles as well implementing chemical recipes changes.
• Designed and implemented technical solutions for high profile engineering projects by reviewing P&IDs, conducting engineering studies and working with 3rd party contractors. Incorporated equipment and process design changes resulting in 17% Process Reliability (PR) improvement.
• Facilitated quarterly audits to identify quality compliance and safety related issues. Documented corrective management action items to ensure implementation and improvement leading to annual audit score of 85% against 60% stretch goal.
• Performed Process Hazard Analysis, Mechanical/Facility Risk Assessments and Job Safety Analysis to document unsafe workplace practices to implement systemic solutions.
• Led Waste Water and Solid Waste Management projects with EH&S to ensure compliance with EPA Permits.
• Implemented High Performing Work System for increased workforce engagement through participative leadership, effective decision making, and clearly defined roles and responsibilities.
- Manufacturing Team Leader II at
- Manufacturing Team Leader I at
- Process & Safety Engineer at Stepan Company
7 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Chemical Engineering
As a manufacturing team lead I ensure efficiency and quality in the assembly of manufacturing, processing, operating, packing and unloading equipment. I am responsible for being a leadership resource to team members, providing knowledge, experience, motivation, support, and advice. I am responsible for knowing proper procedures for workers to follow and ensuring that they comply. I am responsible for keeping track of budgets and equipment inventories and to produce reports. as a manufacturing team lead I develop schedules, assure attendance, training workers and conducting performance reviews.
- Manufacturing Team Leader at NCR
- Driver at Vantex
- Delivery Driver at DHL
- Car Sales Representative at Rivertown Toyota
2 years, 3 months at this Job
Responsible for leading a manufacturing team that packages buns and loaves of bread that are shipped throughout Texas. Provide direction to machine operators to ensure all company and FDA standards of quality and regulatory requirements are followed. Responsible for following a production schedule that supports over 250 retail grocery stores in Texas and Mexico. Ensure that all quality, regulatory and safety trainings are completed in a timely manner. Ensure the use of company safety programs such as GMP, LOTO, and fall protection are strictly adhered to while performing work. Conduct quality control inspection of bread and buns to ensure customers are receiving an FDA approved product. Ensure 5-S standards are maintained on the production floor.
• Lead SMED/Quick Change Over team resulting in over 100K projected savings for the next fiscal year
• Achieved a 99.46% Schedule attainment for final period of FY 18
• Achieved a 0.76% Shrink/Waste on a goal of 2.0% for final period of FY 18
- Manufacturing Team Leader at HEB Grocery Company
- Maintenance Supervisor/Inventory Manager at Republic Services Inc
- Third Shift Vercon Fruit Dump Technician at Yoplait USA
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
- Certificate - HEB Grocery Company
Grand Rapids, MI Swiss Army Knife 1 o 52nd Paint West facility. Assembled, packed, painted, and sorted painted and/or chromed auto parts prior to shipping to customers. 2 o Hilo driver, which involved sorting packaged product in the shipping area and supplying packing supplies to 30 employees, enabling them to work productively. 3 o Training as team leader back up, which involved assigning 30 employees to tasks, preparing shipping labels, preparing work spaces, and the general overseeing of department production. 4 o 52nd Paint East facility. Racking the paint line. Lifted racks on and off the line, also helped load the racks if time. 5 o Brockton Assembly facility. Rework specialist, trained in all three work cells for wheels. I was trained for Quality backup. Then promoted to SetUp Tech, My job now consists of many responsibilities: I make the decisions what jobs to run, and when, also who runs the job. I set jobs up completely from machines, parts, components, packaging. When things get busy I will run jobs. Material handler, make customer and Nutech labels, scan and ship load the trailer with finished goods. I am also responsible for ordering from Shorline Container, Acme Pallet, Harbor Packaging, Grand Traverse Container, and West Michigan Tag and Label 6 o 44th st. Assembly facility. Operator, and backup: Material Handler, Set Up Tech, and Shipping. 7 o Patterson Asm./ Karft South Asm. Team Lead: Completed Leadership Classes, I Schedule 25-35 operators, following schedules, looking at inventories, working directly with other Leads, Shipping, and Receiving, Master Scheduler, and Supervisors.
- Manufacturing Team Leader at Lacks Industries
- Automotive Technician / Manager at Tuffy Auto Service Center
- at Bridgeport High School
12 years at this Job
- High school or equivalent
• Experienced in conflict management, and lean manufacturing skills.
• Time management skills.
• 5s activities
• Ablility to troubleshoot machine issues and/or make adjustments to machinery.
• Experience in ensuring manufacturing team follows OSHA mandates, and utilizes all safety equipment at all times.
• Ensuring all manufacturing meets Quality standards of the customer.
• Experience in dealing with customer quality concerns/ taking corrective actions to fix defects.
• Experience in reduction of scrap materials.
• Continuous improvement projects.
• Experience in scheduling and creating production patterns.
• Record keeping/ employee data entry skills.
• Cycle time studies, and improvements to standardized work.
• Inventory tracking skills.
- Manufacturing Team Leader at Hitachi Automotive Systems Americas, Inc
- Axle assembler at DEXTER AXLE COMPANY
- team member at HITACHI
- laser/ turret operator at QUALEX
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- - Automotive technician
- High school or equivalent
Ensure prompt and regular communications within the production department and between other relevant departments, organize, Implement and maintain production flow, Improve continually existing operation, for increased quality, productivity, efficiency and cost savings, train and supervise staff on current and or new procedures, prioritize and manage several tasks simultaneously, assign daily schedule, answer phone, send emails, complete charts, order material, assign molds, data entry, troubleshoot Issues, assist team as needed.
- Manufacturing Team Leader at K &N Engineering Inc
- Cashier/Hardlines merchandiser at Sears
- Assistant Office Manager at Parking Concepts Inc
- Field Office Manager at Parking Company of America
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- diploma - general education
• Responsible for training/evaluating new hires & current employees on job related tasks.
• Help leadership identify potential candidates that would fit well with the culture at the company.
• Lead a team of five people to accomplish weekly goals to hit the target goal for the process.
• Ability to comprehend and successfully follow documented procedures.
• Ability to juggle multiple tasks and priorities while maintaining a neat and orderly workplace.
• Detail oriented with a focus on quality and accuracy.
• Ability to prioritize and determine the appropriate order of tasks according to relative importance.
• Able to take initiative, demonstrate internal drive for results, and maintain a customer focus.
- Manufacturing Team Leader at Abrasive Technology Inc
- Food Preparation Specialist (Part-Time While in School) at Chipotle Mexican Grill
- Manufacturing Team Leader at AHP Industries
1 year, 5 months at this Job
Team Leader 3 1/2 years Assembly Tech 6 years Press Shop Machine Operator 3 Years Safety Committee 3 1/2 5S
- Manufacturing Team Leader at Schneider Electric
- Receiving Associate at Carrier Corporation
- Assembler at Cubic Precision
13 years at this Job
- - Industrial Maintenance