* Design, develop, and debug LabVIEW automated tests. * Perform HW and SW evaluation with respect to manufacturability and testability. * Develop and maintain LabVIEW applications for any necessary test skips. * Support, improve and modify existing LabVIEW applications as necessary for contract manufacturing. * Specify, design, and qualify all aspects of test infrastructure: ◦ Requirements for board and system level testing ◦ Equipment and test fixtures for high volume manufacturing. ◦ Hardware and software test interfaces * Specify software diagnostics required to support test development. * Self-manage test development and procurement plans to meet program and product manufacturing schedules. * Setup manufacturing test systems at overseas contract manufacturers. * Create test process documentation and train operators. * Support optimization, cost reduction, and sustainment activities.
- Manufacturing Test Engineer at Yamaha Unified Communication
- Test Engineer at Bose Corporation
- Test Engineer (Junior) at MKS Instruments
- Test Technician (Lead responsibility) at Sanmina-SCI
3 years, 8 months at this Job
Responsible for developing process improvements for manufacturing and R&D through innovative fixtures and new process equipment.
• Oversaw and assisted Quality Technician for Installation Qualification Protocols and Reports for equipment.
• Created Preventive Maintenance documentation for equipment or fixtures.
• Wrote Testing and Work Instruction documentation for equipment operation.
• When necessary, worked with Quality for assured Calibration and PM of vendor required off-site service.
• Create models and drawings using Solidworks for bench top fixtures or tools for release through the ECO process.
• Sourced out process improvement/process creation equipment on-line for ramp up preparation.
• Assisted in the creation of MVP documentation to determine validation or non-validation requirements. Senior Manufacturing Technician
• Supported the manufacturing, development and assembly of the medical devices.
• Looked for process improvement opportunities for component sub-assemblies for reduced time and costs.
• Wrote and released via the Engineering Change Order process, AP (Assembly Process) Documentation providing instructions to assembled the devices for the operators. Senior R&D Technician
• Developed and updated process improvements and equipment.
• Designed fixtures for R&D development (Solidworks)
• Drafted APs for assembly instructions.
• Tested tensile strengths of material and crimped assemblies.
• Structured Instron Tensile Test files to save for use by R&D Engineers and Quality Technicians. Proficient in: SOLIDWORKS Essential Course (2012) Six Sigma Green Belt Certified (2018) PMP (Project Management Professional) Course Certificate (2018
- R&D/Manufacturing Test Engineer at MITRALIGN, INC
- Senior R&D Technician at CREGANNA TACTX MEDICAL
- QC Inspector at BARTLEY MEDICAL
- Manufacturing Technician/Engineer at ARROW INTERNATIONAL / TELEFLEX MEDICAL
8 years at this Job
- Continued Education - Environmental Engineering Program (BS)
- AS - Graphic and Visual Communication
• Designed and built factory deployed poka-yoke testers on the principles of eliminating human interaction and waste.
• Proven experience writing LabVIEW drivers and implementing TestStand sequences on all deployed testers.
• Scheduled and contributed in cross-functional meetings on the manufacturing testability of new products.
• Designed and sourced tester PCBAs for range of applications, from Pilot-state manipulation to UUT communication.
• Built prototype tester applications, then documented drawings, assemblies, BOMs and maintained vendor sourcing.
• Led teams of in-house technicians to solder PCBA board assemblies and build testers and cable assembly.
• Drove local and international vendors to Gantt charts while sourcing long lead items, and custom PCBAs and parts.
• Managed spreadsheets for sourcing and shipping all calibration, spares and sacrificial equipment, parts and cables.
• Root-caused factory failures to improve first pass yields, and aid Supply Chain with strategic negotiations.
• Versatile experience of working on all test platforms that require strong hardware and software debugging skills.
- Manufacturing Test Engineer at ChargePoint, Inc
- EMC Compliance Engineer at MET Laboratories, Inc
6 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering - Electrical Engineering
• Provide support to product production by reading assembly drawings and then interpreting them to write Manufacturing Instructions upon which to train employees on for the production line of a product.
• Created a rough floor layout with Home Designer S/W and then worked with management to redesign the layout of the manufacturing floor to improve product flow.
• Provide same support as in previous position as Manufacturing Test Engineer.
- Manufacturing Engineer at Par Technology Inc
- Manufacturing Test Engineer II at PAR Technology Inc
- Configuration Specialist at PAR Technology Inc
- Senior PC Repair Technician at Bug Bytes Computer Center
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master's - Engineering Management
- Bachelor of Science - Business and Public Management
- A.A.S. - Network Technician
- A.A.S. - Computer Information Systems
Developed /Designed /Deployed Bed of Nails Test System (LabVIEW 2013) for medical devices and Instrument boards. Developed Test Plans/Protocols, Validation Test Reports, operational qualification procedures, installation qualification procedures, performance qualifications, process validation and test reports. Production manufacturing support in Malaysia and Mexico. Developed Hi-POT, Earth Leakage, Patient and Auxiliary Leakage Tests required by the FDA and Electrical Safety Test for Medical Instrumentations used in patients.
- Senior Development/Manufacturing Test Engineer at MASIMO
- Senior Multi-Disciplined Engineer I at Raytheon / Thales-Raytheon System (TRS)
- Engineer Scientist Specialist at Boeing Company
- Engineer Scientist Specialist at Boeing Company
6 years, 6 months at this Job
- Certificate - Engineering
- Master of Science - Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Electrical Engineering
• Interpret drawing and design a manufacturing plan.
• Manage tasks to maximize efficiency of the production stream.
• Problem solve on the manufacturing floor and design straightforward and creative solutions.
• Locate and correct errors and roadblocks to manufacturing in the drawing package and communicate with the customer to achieve the needed changes.
- Manufacturing Engineer at Certified Manufacturing
- Lead Test Technician at Certified Manufacturing
- Assistant Manager at Tom Thumb
- Studio Engineer Consultant at Qantam Communications
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering - Electric Energy Engineering
using LabVIEW), Functional Safety
Facilitator, Research Engineer, Team Lead for six (max to date) test engineers, Release
Train Engineer for SAFe (Scale Agile Framework), C# Trainer, Presenter. Other duties have included on site assignments, in Fargo, to:
• John Deere Electronic Solutions, 1 year, Test Manufacturing Engineer, Designed custom manufacturing functional testers using LabVIEW with NI data acquisition hardware, and NI USB CAN cards.
• Bobcat, 4 years+, Test Automation Engineer, Designed the API for a dedicated hardware in the loop functional tester using NI-TestStand, C#, non-NI data acquisition hardware, and Adventech PCI CAN card. Developed Model in the loop test simulation using dSpace, Python, and Matlab/Simulink. Developed, UDS-based, ECU programmer using C#.
- Test Automation Engineer at DISTek Integration
- Full time, Part-time, Teaching Assistant, Graduate Research Assistant at North Dakota State University
- Software Development Engineer in Test at Microsoft
- Manufacturing Test Engineer at John Deere, Phoenix International
7 years at this Job
- PhD - Software Engineering
- - Teaching
- Master of Science - Software Engineering
- Graduate Certificate
- - Electrical Engineering
- Associate of Science - Electronic Technology
- Bachelor of Theology - Teaching / Lectures
BSEE with 10+ years experience in manufacturing, NPI and test engineering, automatic test equipment design for analog, digital, RF, wireless, PCB's and final assembly functional testing. Worked with National Instruments hardware and LabVIEW and TestStand. Experienced in working with Contract Manufacturers and customers, suppliers.
Working knowledge of SPC analysis, minitab, Cpk, GR&R, six sigma, failure analysis.
Apple Inc. Sunnyvale, CA
Hardware test engineer, Contractor. 7/2018- Present
• Setup and qualified 30+ test fixtures for multiple product lines in Failure Analysis Lab.
• Interfaced with SW development teams and Hardware Test Engineers during the setup of test stations requiring custom SW configuration and to resolve issues with test stations.
• Maintained test fixtures, audits/recalibration, Prepared GR&R, Audit procedures.
• Collected qualification data and processed results into reports for engineering teams.
• Worked with FileMaker, AppleScript, Python and internal Apple tools.
- Hardware test engineer, Contractor at Apple Inc
- Senior test engineer at Baidu-USA
- Senior test engineer at Comet Technologies
- System Integration Engineer at Valley Consulting
6 months at this Job
- B.S. - Electrical Engineering
• Design, develop, and deploy automated test equipment based upon National Instruments TestStand, LabVIEW, and PXI based hardware. This equipment is used in the manufacturing, quality assurance, and design compliance of Bose products.
• Act as lead engineer on designing new universal test systems using NI hardware, LabVIEW and TestStand as well as mass interconnects from Virginia Panel Corporation (VPC).
• Responsible for the tester architecture, tester layout and detailed electrical design Collaborate very closely with US and China based test engineering and product design teams and engaged early with design and new product development to ensure development of test solutions used in the manufacturing of Bose's of high quality products.
• Performed tests with LabVIEW applications, analyze results and prepare professional engineering test reports for Home Entertainment products including Acoustic Amplifiers and AC/DC Power Supplies.
• Designed and developed automated test fixtures and circuits for testing and analyzing new products Perform early exploration and advanced development of test methods
• Perform an in depth design analysis for testability on the latest consumer audio products in development and presented results in appropriate test coverage reports
• Develop test strategies, plans, requirements, and specifications for prototypes and final production Design complex and flexible test systems and test fixtures for prototype and engineering validation
• Develop and maintain design for test guidelines
• Travel internationally for new product launch, design reviews and validation of test processes and systems
• Designed automated RF test fixture for PCBs, sub-assembly, final products assembly
• Create tester documentation that include product test specification, hardware schematic, test software, test system document and manual.
• Most tested objects related to MiFi 802.11a/b/g/n transceiver, Bluetooth, Digital audio broadcast (DAB) receiver, AM/FM receiver, as well as other types of RF transceiver.
• Using data analysis tools to improve production yield and cut down test time;
• Developed and delivered a training program to Bose Manufacturing Engineers in Mexico and Malaysia.
- Test Development Engineer (Temporarily Employment) at BOSE CORPORATION
- General Manager/Owner at KOLBEH OF CAMBRIDGE Inc
- Staff Software QA at MAXTOR/SEAGATE CORPORATION
- Principal Customer Applications Engineer/Pre-Sales Principal System Engineer at QUANTUM CORPORATION
4 years, 10 months at this Job
- BS - Electrical Engineering
- Associates - Six Sigma Training
■ Developed test scripts for proprietary Python based test platform and National Instruments platforms. ○ Developed the Labview VI scripts and test sequences with instructions to be released into the production environment. ○ Incorporated National Instruments hardware into propriety test platform to improve reliability and maintenance costs. ■ Designed electronic circuits to interface between the base tester hardware and PCBAs under test. ■ Managed consulting design firm and negotiated terms of contract for the development of PCBA testers. ■ Trained consulting engineers on the use of Bruker’s propriety test software and electronic analysis and simulation for the development of specifications for the PCBAs under test. ■ Created requirements and templates for the development of test strategies and specifications.
- Manufacturing Test Engineer at Bruker Nano
- Reliability Engineer at Bruker Nano
- Electrical Design Engineer at Bruker Nano
- Manufacturing Engineer at Bruker Nano (formerly Veeco)
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- BS - Electrical Engineering