As a marine surveyor, I survey and write damage reports for damaged vessels, barges, bridges, and lock gates. I also calculate steel repair needs and costs, assist with damage control, oversee cargo or fuel transfer should the need arise.
- Marine Surveyor at U.S. Inland Marine Surveying Inc.
- A/B Tankerman assitant at Kirby Offshore Marine
- Third Mate at Schuyler Line Navigation
- Third Mate at Key Lakes Shipping
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Marine Transportation
Took on the responsibilities of a surveyor and learned the nuances of the occupation quickly while working with a mentor. Then became an independent contractor and was responsible for inspecting each product being imported for hazardous waste and damages, and writing reports for any damages found.
- Marine Surveyor, Independent Contractor at Marine Survey Group
- at Eco Homes Construction
- Office staff/sales at American Family Insurance
- Staff and Shift Manager at Kirkland's
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- associates degree in Facilities Engineering - technology
Marine Surveyor - Boat inspections, insurance claims and pre-purchase surveys. Engine surveys. Memeber of S.A.M.S and a Accredited Marine Surveyor (AMS).
- Marine Surveyor at Marine Technologies Inc
17 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associate - Auto Body Design
As a Marine surveyor we are responsible for all aspects of the vessels quantity and quality products. From crude oil to refind products. With direct contact with the clients about when and where the vessel will be heading to and problems that arise during the loading or discharge. eveything documented from times to quantity of the product. 24 hour attendance was always required on every vessel, from start to finish.
- Marine surveyor at General Maritime
- Marine Surveyor at Saybolt LP
- Marine Surveyor at Inspectorate America
- Quality Control Inspector at
8 years, 11 months at this Job
- High school - Academic
- High school or equivalent
Works with a variety of clients to inspect and perform sea trials on various vessels.
● Creating reports for the client that details findings and recommendations of a vessel.
● Work with clients to ensure complete understanding of all findings and recommendations.
- Marine Surveyor at Distinguished Marine Services, LLC
- Foreign Military Sales Officer at U.S. Army
- Helicopter Pilot at U.S. Army
10 months at this Job
- USCG license - Yacht and Small Craft Surveying
- Rotary Wing Aviator - Aviation
• Inspect shipments to ensure that freight is securely braced and blocked.
• Prepare and submit reports after completion of freight shipments.
• Record details about freight conditions, handling of freight, and any problems encountered.
• Advise crews in techniques of stowing dangerous and heavy cargo.
• Notify workers of any special treatment required for shipments.
• Check temperatures and humidities of shipping and storage areas to ensure that they are at appropriate levels to protect cargo.
• Determine cargo transportation capabilities by reading documents that set forth cargo loading and securing procedures, capacities, and stability factors.
• Read draft markings to determine depths of vessels in water.
• Issue certificates of compliance for vessels without violations.
• Calculate gross and net tonnage, hold capacities, volumes of stored product and water, cargo weights, and ship stability factors, using mathematical formulas.
• Handling of hazardous chemicals such as (HMD) Hexamethylene Diamine, Butadiene, and 2EHA, etc..
- Marine Surveyor at CHEM COAST
- Lawn Care at ROBCO
- Stock Room Assistant at GORMAN UNIFORM
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associate - Process Technology Operations
Work Duties: Performed hydrographic surveying in various lakes in Florida. Salary $10.00 per hour Reason for Leaving: Summer Intern Only Dates: 6/2011-8/2011 Navy Ortega Little League 200 Allegheny Way Jacksonville, FL 32210 (904) 301-4845 Supervisor: Jill Black Job Title: Concession Stand Operator Work Duties: Responsible for the operations of the baseball concession stand, located on the NAS JAX Naval Base. Responsible for opening and closing the stand, maintaining the cash register, selling product to customers and operating the fryer and grill on a daily basis. Reason for leaving: Received better summer opportunity Sherwin Williams 8030 Phillips Hwy, ste 6a, Jacksonville, FL Supervisor: Kenneth Hilbert Job Title: Truck Driver Work Duties: Would deliver paint from my store to other Sherwin Williams stores and to customers. Salary: $9.00 Reason for Leaving: Starting school in Alabama.
- Marine Surveyor at
2 months at this Job
• Surveyed all kinds of marine issues, such as On/Off- Hire Survey, Bunkering Survey, Draft Survey, Cargo Measurement/Loading/Discharging/Damage/Shortage Survey, etc.
• Negotiated with different parties and made official survey reports.
• Coordinated cargo handling operation on behalf of the ship charterer or owner as a port captain.
• Know the vessel structure and inspected the weakness.
- Marine Surveyor at Draft Survey, Cargo Measurement
- Vessel Controller at Huayuan Star Shipping Co., Ltd
- Third Mate at
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Science - International Transportation Management
- Bachelor of Engineering - Marine Navigation
- Marine Surveyor at Alliance Inspection Management
- Teacher Assistant at Mother Goose Nursery
- Student Peer Leader at Camden County High School
- Clerk at Trident Refit Facility
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Honolulu, HI http://www.himarinesurveys.com/
$125 per hour
Point of contact: myself (808)277-5035
- Company establishment, owner, and Principle Surveyor.
- Company planning, operations, accounting, marketing, customer service.
- Coordinate and conduct cargo and vessel surveys with Vessel Owners and Agents, Terminal,
Vessel Traffic Schedule, Insurance Agents, Cargo Transport Agents, Cargo Owners.
• Approved as daily surveyor for the National Cargo Bureau to conduct inspections of Hazardous Material document preparation for shipping, Hazmat segregation, and Hazmat stowage. Container and Roll-On-Roll Off cargo securing on vessels.
- Certified Marine Surveyor at Hawaii Marine Surveys, LLC
- Renewable Energy Project Developer at Island Energy Resources, LLC
- Merchant Marine Licensed Deck Officer at Mates, and Pilots Union
- Marine Manager Safety & Environmental at Young Brothers, LTD
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- - design and installation
- B. S. - Marine Transportation
- - Governor of Hawaii and Bali Government