Two years of master control operator night shift experience.
● Ran Master Control for four channels for the state of wyoming. Including channels dedicated to the state capital of Cheyenne. (Fox, CBS, ABC, MeTV)
● Worked both day and night shifts.
● Trained several employees to do night and day shifts.
- Master Control Operator at KTWO MEDIA
- Office Manager at AMERICAN EQUIPMENT
- Maintenance Worker at PILOT FLYING J
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- incomplete - Journalism
Axtell, NE October 1997 - Present
Sinclair is one of the largest and most diversified television broadcasting companies in the country providing services to more television stations than anyone and is affiliated with all major networks and is the leading local news provider in the country.
Master Control Operator
• Maintaining error free on air operations
• Recording, transferring and segmenting programs
• Program break swithching
• Miintaining accureate program logs, transmitter logs, and discrepancy reports.
• Monitoring transmitters for proper operation
- Master Control Operator at Sinclair Broadcasting Group
21 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Software Application Programming
- Associates Degree - Electronics Technology
The Master Control Operator monitors broadcast signals, records programs from satellite feeds for later use, sets up and airs programs and commercial breaks, transfers video files from various sources for air or office use, monitors and controls transmitter output, maintains transmitter logs, discrepancy reports and program logs.
- Master Control Operator at WCJB TV
- Valet, Cashier at 717 Hospital Parking Management
- Lead Assistant Manager at The Pantry, Inc
- Host, Busboy at Mr. Han's Restaurant & Night Club
9 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
As a master Control Operator, I was in charge of making sure the shows and ads playing on TV were on time and correct. I used programs to segment out the clips before they would air. I monitored 8 different channels at the same time to make sure they were all on time and airing that they were supposed to. I also would have to grab the next day's shows from suppliers like Sony, Warner Brothers and CBS and download them to our station. If a problem ever occurred on one of the channels, it was my job to fix it. Either by checking the satellites or re setting the cables feeding to the computers. As a Master Control Operator I learned a lot of time sensitive skills and fast thinking abilities.
- Master Control Operator at WIFS Wisconsin's 57
10 months at this Job
- Associate - Video and Motion Graphics
As the weekday overnight master control operator, I'm responsible for recording transmitter and tower light data, inserting legal IDs at the top of each hour, airing local breaks in accordance with the NBC affiliate partnership tool (APT), segmenting at least two dozen programs as well as preparing several hundred spots for air weekly, airing special news reports provided by NBC, as well as continuously working with Crispin Corporation's on-air automation system. I'm also responsible for quality control as well as ensuring the station is operating within FCC guidelines. I continue to perform traditional television production tasks including operating audio, studio cameras, graphics, and teleprompter for 4:30, 5:00, 5:30, 6:00, 6:30 AM as well as 11:00 PM newscasts. Occasionally floor direct and edit video for air if needed.
- Master Control Operator at WAVE 3 News
- Assistant News Specialist at WAVE 3 News
- Course Assistant at School of Journalism & Broadcasting, WKU
- News Director & “Platform Report” Producer at WWHR Revolution 91.7 FM
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Broadcasting
Master Control Operator is responsible for monitoring the quality and accuracy of our on-air signals as well as ensuring the transmission meets government regulations and the stations high standards. Additional responsibilities include troubleshooting equipment malfunctions and preparing programming for play out. · Perform on-air switching for live events · Operate recording hardware, satellite receivers and computer based systems · Prepare and check material for on-air playback via automation system · Verify all material airing by referencing program logs · Monitor on-air signals for quality control · Monitor transmitter and tower lights accurately to meet FCC regulations · Anticipate and troubleshoot issues when they occur · Perform other duties as assigned
- Master Control Operator at Sinclair Broadcast Group
- Daycare Owner and Operator at Sky High Childcare
- Customer Service Representative at Verizon Wireless
- Pre-Kindergarten Teacher at Forest Park Christian School
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Communications
- - Communication Broadcasting
Production Assistant and Master Control Operator - Responsible for framing of cameras during live broadcasts, as well as graphics, and audio for the Noon, Bison Pregame Show, 5pm, 5:30pm, 6:00pm, 6:30 Point of View, and 10:00pm news and talk shows. During my time there I begain training in master control as a weekend operator, responsible for monitoring the day's playlist and running local breaks during live network programming. Other duties ranged from trimming weekly shows, trimming commercial spots, and running video during the newscast.
- MASTER CONTROL OPERATOR at VALLEY NEWS LIVE
- COOK at RHOMBUS GUYS
- PRODUCTION ASSISTANT at VALLEY NEWS LIVE
- Roofer at ROOFER, HERZOG ROOFING INC
4 years at this Job
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - FILM PRODUTION
* Ensured on-air accuracy and integrity of programming, commercials, and graphics for Mid Atlantic Sports Network, SNY, AMC Canada, Fuse, Comcast Bay Area, MSG Plus and Madison Square Garden Networks. * Facilitated the successful launching and integration of MSG Network at AMC Networks. * Aided in the successful launching of a centralized monitoring control room allowing operators to maintain on-air accuracy for multiple networks at one time. * Contributed to the successful launching and integration of daily studio and news shows, as part of the programming for Comcast Bay Area. * Coordinated with live producers, programming and traffic departments, and master control operator to ensure a smooth broadcast. * Skilled at making quick and intelligent decisions required to edit programming in the allotted air time. * Edited and performed quality control checks of shows for future airings. * Familiar with using the Harris Automated System in order to check, time-out, and make changes to a live play list. * Inputted and reviewed commercials into the network's database via multiple digital platforms and tape. * Implemented the use and procedures of secondary records and their playback on-air for the Mid Atlantic Sports Network. * Knowledgeable in using Imagestore graphics along with multiple types of sports tickers. * Filed accurate and concise discrepancies pertinent to any possible disruption to the running of the network. * Handled various administrative tasks within the network, including but not limited to, leading conference calls, arranging meetings, answering phones, and assisting in making the monthly schedule.
- Associate Director / Master Control Operator at AMC Networks
- Producer / Board and Tape Operator at WFAN Sports Radio
- Video Graphic Editor at News12.com
- Production Assistant at National Football League
18 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Communication Arts - Business
- Associates Degree in Liberal Arts - Liberal Arts
• Weekend Audio Tech for the evening news team. Responsible for sound effects and music cues as well as licensing logs.
• Master Control Operator for 4 broadcasting stations. In charge of ensuring shows and commercial spots air in accordance with the playlist.
- Master Control Operator/Live Audio Technician at Tribune Media/Fox13 News
- Recruiter at United States Navy
- at United States Navy
- technician at United States Navy
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- AAS - Applied Sciences
● Keep an eye on the monitors. (MC)
● Transfer all files from the drives into the system. (MC)
● Check the audio and video quality of each show three days ahead of airing (MC)
● Record when shows air. (MC)
● Report all mistakes and errors to the Watch Engineer. (MC)
● Position the camera where the director tells you to. (Camera)
● Keep the camera in focus of the subject with enough headroom and speaking space. (Camera)
● Help set up and take down sets. (Maintenance)
● Clean up the back warehouse. (Maintenance)
● Clean the Master Control Room. (Maintenance)
● Help set up studio lights. (Maintenance)
- Master Control Operator/Camera at RI PBS
- Production Assistant/extra (2nd AC) at Higher Methods by Nathan Suher
3 months at this Job
- BS - Communications Technology-Video Production
- High school - General