The Master Mechanic is responsible for providing an Advanced level of expertise and ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements on motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines; following diagrams, sketches, operations manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications; troubleshooting malfunctions. The Master Mechanic IV serves as a frontline technical resource for the Maintenance Department. The Master Mechanic IV will be responsible for electrical and mechanical repairs including change out / installations including PLC knowledge.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Locates sources of problems by observing mechanical devices in operation; listening for problems; using precision measuring and testing instruments.
- Focal Point for all Equipment including proper function, calibration, repair, improvements and installation
- Train Operators, Mechanics, and Production Supervisor on technical, mechanical, and electrical procedures
- Inspect diagnose and repair mechanical and electrical systems
- Communicate with various parties on the work performed and present status of each machine.
- Schedule maintenance tasks to ensure job completion.
- Maintain accurate records
- Repair machines and equipment using approved procedures and standards while maintaining safety practices.
- Respond to Production calls for corrective, preventative, and emergency maintenance.
- Attending to call outs, faults, alarms, stoppages, jams, and warnings
- Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
- Repairs or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts
- Initiates parts requests for machines
- Preventive Maintenance – Inspection, adjustment, cleaning, replacement, realigning, etc.
- Reads and interprets repair manuals, basic schematics and supervisor/manager’s instructions.
- Completes forms connected with work assignments according to established procedures.
- Assists Technicians with basic maintenance such as sweeping, cleaning and greasing.
- Conducts safety checks on vehicles and PIT equipment
- Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
- Maintains a clean, safe work area in compliance with Corporate / OSHA Standards.
- Follow Lockout / Tag out procedures.
- Communicate with mechanics on other shifts, with verbal and written communications in order to receive and relay specific machine conditions or other information related to the department.
- Setup welding machines correctly for the process of welding light gage steel, stainless, or aluminum using TIG (GTAW) process to produce full penetration, quality, attractive welds without excessive heat or blow out in both vertical and horizontal applications in accordance with customer requirements or company procedures.
- Safe and efficient operation of welding machinery, related equipment, saws, grinders, sanders, and hand tools.
- Inspect work and use precision measuring instruments such as calipers, go/no-go gages
- Other duties as assigned
- Must be available to work various shifts and weekends