• Sustained superior leader of 53 team members providing Instructor training and orientation to more than 500 students annually. Oversees quality assurance programs; monitors readiness and joint operational plans; and mediates problems between staff and students. Responsible for planning, supervising, and coordinating instructional delivery programs; analyzes human capital assessments for accuracy and adequacy; prepares directives and instructions for attaining organizational objectives and improving operations; interviews, evaluates, and assigns personnel for maximum usage; provides career counseling and mentoring; and presents analytical briefings to executives.
• Designed training material, proper creation, revision, or removal of curriculum, lesson plans, trainee guides, and practical exams.
• As a Master Training Specialist, directed instruction and learning activities in various formalized training environments, administer tests, counseled and documented students on academic problems and performance, and evaluated training to ensure validated formalized training requirements were executed.
• Deliver lectures and oral presentations; utilize techniques and methods of blended learning; present and facilitate case studies in a classroom environment; conduct computer-based training; and employ a range of motivational techniques while encouraging learning.
• Directs teaching/learning activities in schools and training centers. Evaluates instructional materials and counsels students on academic learning problems.
• Train personnel in the skills and knowledge areas required to be a Professional Development Instructor; provides trainees with experiential situations, based on observable and measurable skills and knowledge needed for facilitating; and serves as an instructor for a variety of professional development courses designed to enrich and develop the professional skills of personnel at all skill levels.
• Created, shaped, and maintained a positive Equal Opportunity and Sexual Harassment prevention environment through policy, communication, training, education, enforcement and assessment.
• Directly revised the Department of Defense Equal Opportunity Program as the Course Supervisor to ensure that training requirements were aligned with occupational standards and implemented new curriculum across the spectrum.
• Course Supervisor for the Instruction to the South East region for the Equal Opportunity (EO) and Sexual Harassment (SH) programs. Instruct personnel on how to provide an environment unimpeded by institutional or individual biases based on race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity), national origin, or sexual orientation. Create, shape, and maintain a positive EO and SH prevention environment through policy, communication, training, education, enforcement and assessment. As a Mobile Trainer I saved the Navy $654,000 in travel cost and 4,032 man-hours.
• Directly responsible for 63 course convenes across 4 courses of instruction resulting in the training of 1,512 personnel and 2,415 instructional hours across 8 Eastern geographical locations.
• Instruction provided via oral presentations; utilizing techniques and methods of blended learning; presenting and facilitating case studies in a classroom environment; conducting computer based-based training; and employing a range of motivational techniques while encouraging learning. Efforts are producing results in increasing organizational readiness.
• As the South East Region Course Supervisor of the Drug and Alcohol Program Adviser Course and a Professional Development Instructor, I Revised the curriculum in accordance with the Diagnostic Statistic Manual of Mental Disorders (DSM-V). Meticulously managed over 86 class convening's, 800 hours of instructional delivery and led 32 Mobile Training Teams flawlessly.
• Develop, update, and distribute technical briefings for senior leadership on a monthly basis.
- Master Training Specialist Instructor at USN, Naval Education Training Command
- Mental Health Department Manager at USN, Naval Hospital Jacksonville
- Executive Manager at USN, Naval Mobile Construction Battalion Fourteen
- Radiology Department Manager at USN, Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- MSHS - Health Care Management, Summa Cum Laude
- BS - Workforce Education and Development
• Trained over 1,000 personnel on basic and advanced topics in high stress situations providing accurate and detailed subjects exceeding all training standards.
• Developed training curriculum and presentations for 16 advanced skills courses for groups of 30+ personnel over five week periods.
• Administered test data analysis for multiple basic and advanced courses resulting in zero test discrepancies.
- Master Training Specialist at United States Navy
- Leadership at United States Navy
- Manager/Critical Thinking and Active Communication at United States Navy
- Recruiter at United States Navy
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Human Resource Management
Aviation Mechanic Instructor
- Master Training Specialist at United States Marine Corps
- Recruiter at United States Marine Corps
23 years at this Job
- - Aviation Liaison
- Doctor of Education - Leadership and Management
- Master of Arts in Military History - Military History
- - Teaching Experience
- Bachelor of Science in History - Leadership Experience
• Provided detailed information to Commanding Officer to negotiate with Defense Logistics Agency (DLA); resulted in a funding code used to prioritize repair multiple test benches leading to enhanced technical training for over 250 students annually
• Instructed students to perform maintenance, operating and troubleshooting procedures using the Reconfigurable Transportable Consolidated Automated Support System (RTCASS) Station, and other automated test equipment
• Trained students on proper troubleshooting procedures of Units Under Test (UUT) to include Hybrid, Radio Detection And Ranging (RADAR), and Radio Frequency (RF) Units
• Evaluated, trained, and certified junior instructors on performance and technique on course curriculum
• Conducted course curriculum revisions as well as altering the methods of instruction with courses
• As Lead Instructor, managed 30 instructors to ensure courses were instructed and completed on time
• Managed the logistics of a mission essential avionics work center composed of 40 personnel responsible for high voltage F/A-18 RADAR electronics including; Transmitters, Antennas, Power Supplies, Receivers, Exciters, and Target Data Processors
• Participated in monthly RADAR teleconference calls to discuss technical performance, costs, schedules, and item procurement
• Developed and briefed a monthly production report to inform and advise the Avionics Officer on work center production and proficiency
• Completed in-process inspections on vital avionics components, as a Quality Assurance Representative, with no components returned due to deficiencies
• Demonstrated in-depth understanding of electronics, the importance of safety, proper troubleshooting and how to successfully teach these skills
• Supervised pre, operational, functional and final testing of electronic systems, components/subassemblies
• Maintained constant communication with the Aviation Supply Department to expedite the procurement of required component subassemblies and track high- demand requisitions
• Maintained and performed on-the-spot troubleshooting for Aircraft Avionics and electrical systems using technical publications to meet flight schedule needs
• Read and utilized F/A-18 RADAR schematics, technical drawings, block diagrams, and publications of complex classified RF electronic circuits and electrical wiring
• Tested F/A18 RADAR and EA-6B ECM avionics equipment using power meters, oscilloscopes, signal generators and multi-meters
• Isolated malfunctions, diagnosed, repaired, tested, and maintained over $6M in classified airborne defense systems increasing equipment flight time and reducing the occurrences of defects
• Removed and replaced aviation electronics in accordance with their corresponding technical manuals while following all safety regulations and established maintenance standards
- Avionics Technician/ Master Training Specialist at U.S. MARINE CORPS
- Material Handler at PENTAIR
7 years, 7 months at this Job
- Certification in Information Technology
- High School Diploma
- - Psychology
Directs teaching/learning activities in various training environments. Delivers training material, administers tests, evaluate training, and performs curriculum maintenance tasks to ensure up-to-date training is given to over 500 personnel.
Skills & Abilities
• Supervised the upkeep, preventative maintenance, and corrective maintenance on various computer systems, electrical and hydraulic systems to prevent loss of operational time, while maintaining an operational commitment rate of 99%. Communication
• Ability to communicate daily operational tasks and requirements to a diverse group of coworkers with no mis-interpretations for a department of 226 personnel. Reducing the need for any re-work due to miscommunication by 100%. ADMINISTRATION
• Installed and maintained computer software, databases and hardware upgrades for over 130 personnel; Improving system efficiency by 25%. LOGISTICS
• Responsible for the procurement, inventory and distribution of $2.5 million dollars in repair parts for daily operations, ensuring the accuracy of orders and condition of received parts streamlining the process of distribution, cutting costs up to $500,000 dollars in lost or damaged parts. Leadership
• Planned and executed divisional/department functions to include professional and personal growth. Planned the daily operational tasks and delegated tasks for improving proficiency by 15%.
- MASTER TRAINING SPECIALIST at US Navy
- at US Navy
14 years, 2 months at this Job
- AAS - Information Technology
Designed, led, and set strategic direction on recruitment and training programs. Facilitated safety training and human resources training after development. Managed and trained 12 subordinates, assisting with curriculum planning, mentoring, and providing guidance on course preparation. Served as facilitator for six advanced courses, equipped with instructional experience at all levels of expertise. Developed and carried out training programs encompassing basic and advanced skills, as well as leadership development. ♦ Certified Master Training Specialist ♦ Coordinated, developed, organized, and evaluated the successful execution of 70 training courses, comprising 1,300 students, 7,200 person-hours, and $ 5.2M in operating costs over a 24-month period ♦ Evaluated as the best junior officer for 2 years in a row ♦ Identified and implemented staffing procedures that saved the company ten thousand dollars per quarter
- Manager, Education & Training Site at Naval Education and Training Command, United States Navy
- Operations Manager at Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron TWO SIX - United States Navy
3 years at this Job
- Master's - Project and Operations Management
- Master of Science - Human Resource Management
- Bachelor of Science - Foreign Area Studies
As an Instructor, teach Marines and Sailors on Aviation Maintenance comprising of 5 Units totaling 55 lessons over a 3 month period. These lessons include learning about all hand tools, metal working, riveting, drilling, types of metal and their characteristics, basic corrosion principles, hazardous materials handling, aircraft construction and repair, principles of hydraulic operation, hydraulic components, testing and troubleshooting of hydraulic and electrical systems, and rigging of landing gear and flight control systems; to fulfill 14 possible occupational fields in the Department of Defense. Maintain grades for all students including 55 homework assignments, 5 practical applications, and 9 simulations. As MTS/MTS mentor, provide training and guidance on appropriate teaching techniques to new instructors as well as training to qualified MTS candidates. Also, provide overall course reviews to the course supervisor and training officer. As Testing Officer, administer and oversee 8 tests comprising of 6 knowledge and 2 performance based. Maintain 4 versions of each knowledge test totaling to 24 different test options. Ensure the security of tests while also implementing a rigorous cheating policy. Maintain grades for over 400 students on average throughout the school house. Counseled Marines and Sailors on a daily basis to include study musters before tests as well as extra instruction after school hours to help maintain a passing grade point average.
- MASTER TRAINING SPECIALIST/TESTING OFFICER at UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
- AIRFRAME MECHANIC at UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
3 years at this Job
- Some college
• Present practical hands-on training in EOD tools, techniques, and procedures in real world scenario driven exercises.
• Evaluate, assess, and critique knowledge, skills, and abilities specifically related to EOD team's required operational capabilities and projected operational environment.
• Brief team members and unit level supervisors on EOD team's evaluations, progress, and development over an assessed rotational period of approximately three to six months.
- Training Senior Chief, Master Training Specialist at US NAVY - EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL
- Leading Chief Petty Officer, EOD Special Operations Platoon at US NAVY - EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL
- Training Team Chief, Master Training Specialist at US NAVY - EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL
- Leading Petty Officer, Team Leader - Combat Expeditionary Support at US NAVY - EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL - Iraq and Africa
2 years at this Job
- MS - Kinesiology
- BS - Business Administration
Deliver exemplary knowledge and experience to at sea Fire Control Technicians regarding the proper operation of the BYG-1 Fire Control System and administration of the Submarine
Warfare Federated Tactical System (SWFTS).
● Managerially supervise and monitor successful implementation and maintenance of 2 formal courses.
● Lead and mentor 8 fellow instructors in achieving Master Training Specialist qualifications.
- Trident Training Facility Instructor E-6 at U.S. Navy
- Fire Control Technician Submarines E-5 at U.S. Navy
2 years, 10 months at this Job
Manager for the Navy's Quota Management Office. Responsible for 5400 + Navy School quotas and the overall training budget for Navy and other service quotas. -Technical and Implementation Manager for the Navy Quota Management System (TRM - Training Requirements Manager). Developed user requirements and functioned as the Navy's Trainer for the management of all Navy school seats. Routinely conducted data analysis, Training assessments, Instructor evaluations, led system and database redesign efforts. Developed curriculum and conducted training for over 150 users. Ensured all assigned curriculum was SCORM compliant. -Authored the Future Years Training Requirements Plan for FY03-07 for all Navy C and A type schools, which drove the Navy Training budget. -Supervised 3 Navy and 1 Civilian direct reports. United States Navy/Joint Staff Washington, DC Manpower/Training Analyst -Managed 9 Unified Commands Manpower documents and 3 Chairman Controlled Activities while assuming responsibility for over 18,000 Joint Manpower Billets. -Provided in-depth manpower analysis and trends to senior Joint Staff members. Worked with senior Cabinet Representatives to realign Military Manpower for Congressional review/budgeting. Coordinated with high level Office of Secretary of Defense Analysts to resolve manpower discrepancies in joint accounts. -Responsible for the Joint Manpower and Personnel System (JMAPS) and all associated training. Designed and implemented curriculum and user documentation. -Supervised 2 Navy and Civilian personnel. United States Navy Instructor/Inspector/Auditor Instructor and Curriculum Control Model Manager responsible for teaching 80 different courses. Expertly taught over 900 students during 700 hours on the podium. Inspected 22 Major Staff Commands for process improvements. Earned two Master Training Specialist awards. Taught Microsoft Word, Excel and Access to all Command Management Personnel. Authored four training manuals based on real-world planning scenarios, and then trained planners, review specialist, and system development personnel. Member of Command Evaluation Team. Responsible for an annual TADTAR Budget of $34,000.00. Supervised numerous personnel at different commands. Served as Personnel and Information Security Manager - responsible for over 200 records/personnel security clearances. Served as Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor.
- Navy Schools Training Program Manager at United States Navy
- Chief, National Training Program at FEMA
21 years, 5 months at this Job
- Master's - Education and Instructional Design