Mentored and led 35 instructors in support of 3100 personnel
• Mobile Instructor for 17 staff and 384 employees
• Sought out for policy implementation and professional and student development in 15 out of area locations. Delivered 32 classes impacting 680 students with minimal or no qualifications.
• Supervised lesson plans & curriculum development, and evaluated job performance for 11 instructors qualifying as Master Training Specialist, enabling the organization to increase throughput by 40% educating an additional 500+ personnel.
• Assisted the Center for Professional and Personal Development Organization with administering and implementing all policies/rules governing student conduct and interaction for the classroom attributing to a 98% decrease in attrition for at risk students.
• Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner. Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
• Supervises students in order to protect the students from conditions harmful to learning and/or to the student's mental and/or physical health and/or safety. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials and facilities.
• Advocates for student learners with disabilities; Utilizes approaches that support learning styles.
• Organized and administered standardized examinations for over 1100 personnel within 3 organizations with a zero discrepancy rate enabling an on-time release date for results.
• Assesses accomplishments of students. Provided counseling and guidance prior to and outside instructional days to assist in educational or behavior related concerns.
• Educational Advisor; Tracked funding for over 200 personnel culminating in a 50% increase in off-duty education.
• Attended staff meetings for training and curriculum development. Corresponded with Department Head and Executive Staff to determine organizational needs and services.
• Executed an aggressive educational development program increasing staff professional development enrollment by 150%.
• Programs Advisor educating 2100 new hires on drug and alcohol policies and mission readiness education resulting in 65% decrease in alcohol-related incidents within 3 organizations.
• Organized and key speaker for a 2-day Personal Readiness Summit on Equal Opportunity and Drug Policies to 60 personnel; Delivered training on leadership, prevention programs, and family readiness.
• Provided Equal Opportunity (EO) team building and Sexual Harassment training to over 250 leaders in the Navy Recruiting District during the Regional Conference saving the organization over 700 man hours by eliminating the yearly requirement for organizational training; Incidents reduced by 30%
• On site mentor and instructor for 55 employees in Strategic Management Course saving the organization $165,000 in transportation costs and expenses.
• Implemented personable career development and milestone boards for 82 students resulting in the organization receiving its first ever Retention Excellence Award in 10 years of established service.
• Supervised and monitored an automated customer service system for 3240 students and that enabled questions, concerns, and recommendations to be quickly assessed and increase student satisfaction resulting in 95% positive student rating.
- Master Training Specialist Coordinator at United States Navy
21 years, 5 months at this Job
- Education Specialist - Educational Leadership
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - Business Administration
- Associate of Arts - Liberal Arts
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS CORE COMPETENCIES WORK EXPERIENCE Leadership/Supervision: providing land, flight line, maritime, strategic weapons, and cargo security. Instructing/Training: Law Enforcement/Security: WORK HISTORY EDUCATION/TRAINING -Navy Security Force Officer -Anti-Terrorism Officer Level II -Protective Services Team -Instruction Methodology -Personnel Supervision -Classroom Instruction -Business Communications -Leadership
•27 years’ U.S. Navy Law Enforcement experience that includes 23 years of Active duty and 4 Civil Service as a Military Law Enforcement Specialist serving as a Master-at-Arms School Instructor; as a Master Training Specialist providing training to other instructors; and as a Watch Commander directing security of military assets.
•Extensive managerial and supervisory experience that includes managing day-to-day security operations for sea and land-based military assets, as well as providing training, guidance, and mentoring to military law enforcement students.
•Materials management experience involving requisitioning, shipping, receiving, and storing equipment and supplies.
•Documented history of sustained, superior work performance.
•Watch Commander: Direct the supervision, training, manpower, projection, and post assignments of 20 military and DOD civilian security force members.
•Led 65 Sailors in the performance of 3,500 hours of Antiterrorism/Force Protection measures
•Budget Manager: Maintained multi-million dollar parts, equipment and services budget, tracked expenditures and billing records.
•Master Training Specialist (MTS) and MTS Mentor: Provided guidance, motivation, and leadership that created a competitive environment that enabled sailors to acquire MTS qualifications.
•Instructor: Provided basic Security Forces training to DOD and Navy personnel; military and civilian personnel in daily force protection operations, resulting in the safe training of over 1,600 Master-at-Arms (MA) students in 13 units of instruction and five practical applications.
•Contributed to the curriculum revision feedback of Master-at-Arms ”A” school, resulting in the successful piloting and implementation of a revised curriculum specifically designed to meet the core training requirement to support the Global War on Terrorism (GWOT).
•Law Enforcement Specialist:Performed patrolman duties, escort services, interrogated suspects, interviewed witnesses, conducted search and seizures, and assisted in the processing of personnel violating military and civilian law.
•Emergency Operations Team Member: Involved in the planning and coordinating, and execution of several Navy and local agency emergency response exercises; involved in multi-agency terrorist/natural disaster exercises.
•12/15–Present: Civil Service - U.S. Navy Law Enforcement Specialist/Master Training Specialist
•11/92–11/15: U.S. Navy: Law Enforcement Specialist/Master Training Specialist
•BA Degree in Sociology and Criminal Justice – Norfolk State University
•U.S. Navy Education/Training:
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
providing land, flight line, maritime, strategic weapons, and cargo security.
-Navy Security Force Officer -Anti-Terrorism Officer Level II
-Protective Services Team -Instruction Methodology
-Personnel Supervision -Classroom Instruction
-Business Communications -Leadership
- Law Enforcement Specialist/Master Training Specialist at U.S. Navy
- Law Enforcement Specialist/Master Training Specialist at U.S. Navy
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- BA Degree in Sociology and Criminal Justice - U.S. Navy Education
Niceville, Florida, Feb 2015-Present
Non-Commissioned Officer In Charge (NCOIC), Instructor (Master Training Specialist)
• Led 20 joint service, civilian, and contract instructors conducting high risk training for 483 joint service partner nation students.
• Supervised the construction of 55 landmine practical training lanes, and revision of landmine curriculum yielding 13% attrition reduction during initial testing.
• Maintained 1,700 inert training aids, 123 pieces of classified material, and a 17-acre training site.
• Fostered an environment of excellence that led four of his Army instructors qualifying as Master Training Specialist.
• Demonstrated exceptional leadership by mentoring five junior personnel while qualifying as Master EOD Technicians and Demolition Operation Supervisor.
• Reviewed 200 references, validated 1,232 questions, and produced 336 new exam questions for the Navy Advancement Center's EOD Advancement Readiness Review.
• Managed local jump operations preventing lapses in qualifications and pay for 51 personnel.
- Non-Commissioned Officer In Charge (NCOIC), Instructor (Master Training Specialist) at NAVAL SCHOOL EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL
- Readiness and Training Chief Petty Officer at EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL MOBILE UNIT FIVE
- at EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE MOBILE UNIT THREE
- Team Leader, EOD Element deployed to Iraq and Operation IRAQI FREEDOM at EXPLOSIVE ORDNANCE DISPOSAL MOBILE UNIT FIVE
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- A.S. - Liberal Arts
Effectively develops, implements and leads weapons systems training for 10 Sailors, resulting in the team achieving 100% pass rate on their proficiency inspection. ◆ Successfully facilitates safety training for a division of 42 personnel quarterly, assessing and addressing safety concerns, reviewing policies and provides scenario based on-the-job training. ◆ Conducted instructor evaluations and formal course reviews for 21 personnel resulting in 10 qualifying for instructor of the year nominations with 2 being selected as winners. ◆ Provided mentorship and individualized career recommendations for the military's Stay Navy Initiative Program candidates resulting in 8 personnel reenlisting and the command receiving the Green Retention Award for the 3rd year in a row. ◆ Evaluated instructional material and counseled 125 students on academics, course reviews and the importance of equipment maintenance. ◆ Strategically provided advice on planning, communications and safety to 7 Commanding Officers on the importance of safe navigation, regular safety drills and random training on safe ship transits.
- Instructor/Master Training Specialist at U.S. NAVY
- Maritime Operator at
- Operations Specialist at
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- MASTER OF SCIENCE IN HOMELAND SECURITY - HOMELAND SECURITY
- BACHELOR OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Certified Navy instructor and Master Training Specialist for over 6 years contributing to the Navy's mission and ensuring each student received the highest quality training.
• Created and implemented the Principals of Radiation Theory and Safety course at the Center for Naval Engineering, Great Lakes, IL. to meet the requirements set forth by NAVSEADET Radiological Affairs Support Office (RASO) to train all civilian shipyard personnel in the fundamentals of radiation safety and health physics.
• Trained all radiographers employed by the US Navy in the safety and performance of radiographic operations and associated equipment with an class average of 91.82 over a 6 year period.
• Revised and updated the Radiographic Operator Inspector course to ensure that all students received current and accurate information utilizing Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
• Designed new math and physics curriculum which streamlined instruction delivery and reduced attrition to less than 1 in 30 students annually. Radiation Health Officer
• Liaison to Chief Executive Officer and the Nuclear Regulatory Committee, The Radiological Affairs Support Office and the Bureau of Medicine giving weekly oral and written reports regarding the use, storage, and shipment of radioactive material, while maintaining strict compliance with applicable state and federal regulations with zero discrepancies.
• Conducted semi-annual audits of the radiation health program at the Federal Health Care Center, Great Lake, IL ensuring all medical records, dosimetry reports, situational reports and annual reports met the standards set forth by the Nuclear regulatory Committee, the Radiological Affairs Support Office, and the Bureau of Medicine.
• Maintained radiation health program at the Center For Naval Engineering in strict compliance with all Department of Defense, and federal regulatory committees ensuring all records and reports were organized and submitted well within allotted timelines.
• Managed radiation safety calibration program with 100% accuracy ensuring 55 staff and student radiographers operated their equipment with zero over-exposures to ionizing radiation.
- Radiation Health Officer/Master Training Specialist at United States Navy
20 years, 5 months at this Job
- - Radiation Health
- - Hospital Corpsman Class "A" School
- Master Training Specialist at United States Navy
- Leadership at United States Navy
- Manager/Critical Thinking and Active Communication at United States Navy
- Recruiter at United States Navy
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Human Resource Management
As Project Manager developed and implemented 5 workshops with a total of 190 personnel, 8 curriculum team building exercises enhancing leadership skills. Built and facilitated all leadership qualities, procedures, policies and safety in the workforce from inception through completion.
•Implementing Core values
•dynamic decision making
•motivate and recognize employees
•dynamics of leadership
•Development of Safety in the Workforce
As Project Manager developed and implemented 5 workshops with a total of 190 personnel, 8 curriculum team building exercises enhancing leadership skills.
Built and facilitated all leadership qualities, procedures, policies and safety in the workforce from inception through completion.
- Master Training Specialist at United States Naval Services
- Elevator Technician at United States Naval Services
- Hazardous Materials Specialist at United States Naval Services
- Quality Assurance/Safety Observer at United States Naval Services
3 years at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Served as both an instructor and the divisional supervisor for an educational division.
• Provided in-class and laboratory instruction on subject knowledge, component installation and removal, and system troubleshooting for H-1 helicopter communication, navigation, electrical, and weapon systems for Marines with all degrees of experience. (760)908-6550
• Provided instruction and guidance to all instructors pertaining to effective presentation, communication skills, and compliance with all educational guidelines established by the Naval Education and Training Command.
• Ensured compliance with all instructor qualification standards, WWW.LINKEDIN.COM/IN/RDAME coursework implementation, and educational facility guidelines.
- MASTER TRAINING SPECIALIST at UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
- QUALITY ASSURANCE REPRESENTATIVE at UNITED STATES MARINE CORPS
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - PUBLIC LAW
Identified educational needs of students and developed formal education and training programs tailored to their specific learning styles. Assessed training needs through critiques and surveys which focused on the students and the customers. Directs teaching/learning activities in the various formalized Navy training environments. Delivers training material, administers tests, counsel's students on academic problems, documents academic performance, evaluates training, and performs curriculum maintenance tasks to ensure validated formalized training requirements are executed. Managed and selected instructors to conduct training on different subjects.
- Master Training Specialist, Instructor, Vocational Training at RETIRED US NAVY
- Air Department Lead at Flight Deck
- at Logistic Support for Personnel and Air Craft
- Flight Line Supervisor at
5 years, 5 months at this Job
Conducted comprehensive review of the cryptologic language training curriculum for business case analysis (BCA) report providing Navy Information Forces (NAVIFOR) Type Commander (TYCOM) with vital courses of action (COA) to reshape fleet-wide cryptologic training standards.
- Cryptologic Language Program Instructor, Master Training Specialist Coordinator at Information Warfare Training Site Hawaii
- EP-3E Airborne SIGINT Mission Supervisor, Operations Chief, Training Chief at Navy Information Operations Commands
- Section Chief; Senior Military Language (Korean) Instructor at Defense Language Institute
- Special U.S. Liaison Activity Korea at SUSLAK
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- - Korean Studies
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- - Quick and Smart Lesson Planning
- Bachelor of Arts in Liberal Studies - Liberal Studies