Currently act as a Material Planner for a global tier-one supplier of automotive wire harnesses. In this capacity I am responsible for material planning, part ordering, meeting customer demand and maintaining acceptable inventory levels to support Toyota Manufacturing in Texas and West Virginia, and affiliates in the US, Mexico and Canada. I report directly to the supply chain manager and the business unit GM. Responsibilities include:
• Manage Supplier Releases through model year and engineering changes to minimize obsolescence
• Review Shortage Reports on a continual basis; escalate concerns to supplier, management and customer (as applicable)
• Direct and assist suppliers to assure material is shipped in accordance with the material release and that correct communication of shipment is attained
• Monitor inventory for accuracy and ensure appropriate levels are maintained
• Assist in the investigation and resolution of inventory and receipt discrepancies
• Provide on-site supplier training with emphasis on material release and inventory control requirements
• Investigate, track and disposition obsolete material
- Material Planner at Yazaki North America
- Transportation Manager at McLane Food Services
- Picking and Shipping Operator at Superfoods
- Shipping and Receiving Associate at Toys R Us
11 years, 11 months at this Job
Sr Material Planner- 3 ½ Years Experience
• Maintain customer orders from start to finish
• Extreme attention to detail based on customer needs including but not limited to project notes, materials country of origin, quantity, measurements of materials, follow ASME and CRN codes when applicable
• Contact vendors, expedite materials when needed
• Build relationships with management, vendors and drafting team
• Track and maintain work hours, issue purchase orders when needed
• Specializing in MRP systems
- Sr Material Planner at
- Customer Service at
at this Job
- Bachelor's - BUSINESS MANAGEMENT
- Associate - COMPUTER AIDED DRAFTING AND DESIGN
- CERTIFICATION - BUSINESS OFFICE TECHNOLOGY & GED
• Served as Production Supervisor of receiving/ stockroom / RMA trouble shooting / system test / shipping.
• Served as Material Planner for the Tricon product line.
• Created cycle count data sheets daily and reconciled data.
• Maintained accountability for material and production control activities using sound business acumen.
• Pioneered the implementation and reconfigured the master production schedule program (MPS).
• Played a key role in MRB process flow and improved inventory accuracy.
• Utilized SAP R3 for planning /production releases and inventory control.
• Contributed to the implementation of bolt on programs to SAP for planning purposes.
• Spearheaded efforts to ensure material availability per MPS requirements.
• Managed the timely release of production and conversion work orders.
• Analyzed planner and buyer requirements for timely delivery of components.
• Evaluated forecasts and approved prior to publication.
- Production supervisor / Material planner at Schneider Electric Triconex
- Lip Seal Manufacturing Supervisor / Materials Planner at Furon / Saint Gobain
17 years at this Job
Senior Material Planner (2015 - Present)
• Accountable for inventory of 10,000+ SKUs in 14 managed lines representing $53M in spend in 2017, including one of the company’s top 3 products lines.
• Support Procurement in negotiations, drive price reductions, lower MOQs, reduce lead time, and maintain supplier relationships.
• Conduct data analysis to drive optimal inventory levels across multiple distribution centers to meet team KPIs including fill rates and inventory turns.
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams including Engineers, Product Managers, Sourcing, Logistics, Quality, and an international material planner.
• Liaise with planners in Shanghai office to align product strategies with planning and procurement to ensure that supply plan will satisfy demand plan.
• Mentor and direct training for a number of new hires, including 8 material planners in Shanghai. Key Accomplishments:
• Achieved more than $1.1M in MOQ reductions as of Q2 2018.
• Met and exceeded goals for PPV, fill rate (above 95%), inventory turns, and excess and obsolete for 3 consecutive years.
• Initiated monthly meetings with planners in Colmar and Shanghai and launched monthly meetings with supply chain managers and materials teams to improve information sharing, collaboration, and efficiency.
• Contributed to improving quality management process, to include serving on cross-functional team for implementation of new SAP module. Participated in troubleshooting and problem solving and advised on improvements. Material Planning Specialist / Buyer (2012 - 2015)
• Planned and executed all purchase requisitions and purchase orders.
• Maintained inventory levels for multiple distribution centers.
• Established and cultivated collaborative partnerships with vendors.
• Liaised with China and India offices on a daily basis. Key Accomplishments:
• Met and exceeded goals for PPV, fill rate (above 95%), inventory turns, and excess and obsolete for 2 consecutive years.
• Trained, mentored, and wrote SOPs for new hires.
- Senior Material Planner at Dorman Products
- Senior Material Planning Specialist / Buyer at Seagull Lighting, LLC
- Inventory Analyst at Seagull Lighting
7 years at this Job
- Master of Science - Library and Information Science
- Bachelor of Arts - History
• Have obtained a Rapid Gate, Contractor Port Badge (NNSY), DoD Secret Clearance
• Currently working towards completion of Planner Qualification Card
• Working knowledge of 7010 & SSRM
• Advanced knowledge and use of PI 012, 021
• Performed job quotes including the Jefferson City
• Ability to read and understand drawings, blueprints, schematics and Maintenance Standards
• Worked with TGIs & CU Phases
• Developed and performed ATIS PowerPoint training
• Valuable inter-departmental relationship building skills
• Proficiency with MILSPECs and Level-I material requirements Tool Room Attendant
• Interfaced with vendors, customers, and employees
• Performed and documented the calibrations of tools
• Executed repairs of tools
• Performed inventory of tools and equipment
• Worked with PI-069
• Interacted with Shipping and Receiving to send out toolkits, test equipment, etc to job sites
- Material Planner at Oceaneering International
- Electrical Apprentice at J.C. Driskill, Inc
- Package Sorter and Truck Unloader at FedEx Ground
- Physical Therapy Intern at Shiloh Chiropractic
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science degree - Exercise Science
I am a material planner for a Japanese manufacturer of electrical wire harnesses and instrumentation. We are supporting Toyota Motor Corp globally. I am responsible for processing EDI's and ECI's as well as perform order entry and tracking of orders supporting operations in Mexico and South Texas. We are also utilizing Lean Inventory Strategies to maintain correct inventory levels at multiple distribution centers. Currently using SAP and JDEdwards ERP software. Gojet Airlines- St. Louis, MO / Air Wisconsin Airlines-Appelton, WI - I spent most of 2018 trying to fulfill my dream of being a airline pilot at 2 different airlines. I have training and experience needed and I couldn't pass up a $50K sign on bonus. so I resigned from my buyer position at C.I. Thornburg at the end of 2017 and accepted First Officer job offers and set off for extended 4 month training program away from home. I successfully passed all of the training put in front of me, but I just wasn't able to put it all together on the checkride. You have to score a 100% I scored a 96 and that's not good enough to pass the FAA test I tried twice.
- Material Planner Buyer at Yazaki North America
- at C.I. Thornburg Co
- at Curtis Maruyasu America
- at Triangle Sales Company
1 month at this Job
- Associates - Technology
Achievements: Set up material layout for two Rail Car types of build in production. Set up shared files to improve wait time for material requests from Production to Planner for review and requesting from warehouse for delivery. Streamlined shortages in facility to utilize one Spreadsheet generated from BAAN rather than having multiple organization specific spreadsheets.
- Material Planner at CAFUSA, Inc
- Service, Project and Production Assistant Manager at Palmer Manufactured Homes
- Human Resources Admin at Masco Cabinetry via Kelly Services
- Activation Assistant Manager at CAFUSA, Inc
2 years at this Job
- A.A.S - Criminal Justice
As the Material Planner in shipping I would obtain and audit paperwork (tickets), as well as create a load map of the cases staged to be shipped to the correct destination. Once tickets have been audited, the number of tickets must match the load map, and physical count. If all the information matches, the tickets are processed in the Deere computer system to create a packing list that is printed and put with the freight once loading is complete. Xpac gave me the oppurtunity to grow as an employee. I've learned data entry, shipping, yard management, auditing, working well with others, adapting to change, have the ability to prioritize my work, and multi-task My first year at Xpac I was an Expeditor and became very good at tracking missing parts resulting in a merit raise.
- Material Planner/Expeditor at Xpac
- Laborer at Sedona Staffing Temp Agency
- Lead at Arc of Rock Island County
- Restoring Film at Sedona Staffing Temp Agency
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- High School diploma
Processing Engineering Change Orders, Data entry, review of current and new drawings. Material Planner for wheels and tires.
- ECN Processor, Material Planner at Unverferth Manufacturing
- Supervisor of Fire Protection Division at Safety Systems, Inc
17 years, 3 months at this Job
- High school - General
Planner of raw material in Logistic area and inventory control. Creation of reports of the raw material for production, orientation and maintenance of collaborations between suppliers, decision making for the effective shipment plan.
- Material Planner at Robert Bosch
- Internet site manager at Punto 925
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor's - Businness Management
- Bachelor's - Business Management
- - Intensive English Course