Hunt Valley, MD) - TESI is a manufacturer of electrolytic, thermoelectric,
battery and fuel cell systems. The most recent system of note being the Multi-Mission Radioisotope
Thermoelectric Generator (MMRTG) currently powering the Curiosity rover exploring Mars.
Materials Engineer (Thermal Power Systems) May. 2017 - Present
• Devised and implemented unit tests in C++ to validate Teledyne's Advanced Thermoelectric Prediction Model (ATPM). Collaborated on a verification and validation report for ATPM and presented unit tests to sponsors at Aerojet Rocketdyne and the Jet Propulsion Laboratory
• Coordinated transportation and handling of MMRTG flight units 2 and 3 for application of high emissivity coating at a vendor facility in Huntsville, Al. Addressed questions on site from the vendor regarding technical drawings and procedures
• Evaluated the performance off-the-shelf fuel cell systems for unmanned aerial vehicles. Presented results to project sponsor and provided recommendations for fuel storage and system design Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Oak Ridge, TN) - ORNL is the largest science and energy national laboratory in the Department of Energy with programs focusing on materials, neutron science, energy, high-performance computing, systems biology and national security.
- Materials Engineer at Teledyne Energy Systems, Inc
- at Nuclear Materials Processing Group
- at Volkswagen Distinguished Scholars Program
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Materials Science and Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Mechanical Engineering
Wilmington, Ohio 2017 - 2019 AZEK Company is major producer of decking profiles made of foamed PVC and Polyethylene wood fibers composites. The company produces also railing elements, PVC trims, moulding and decorative siding. Senior materials engineer Managing major projects for the company, polyethylene cop stocks for polyethylene wood composites decking production and supporting improved PVC foamed decking substrate formulations development.
- Senior materials engineer at AZEK Building Products Company
- Raw Materials Manager Americas at Klöckner Pentaplast
- Research Leader at Kleerdex Company, LLC
- Research Fellow - Research and Development Center at PQ Corporation
2 years at this Job
- Master of Engineering - Technology of Polymers
- Bachelor of Engineering - Organic Chemical Technology
● Overseeing all processes in manufacturing solder Column Grid Arrays (CGA) for space and defense grade FPGAs.
● Serving as the lead engineer for materials analysis using metallography, characterization, chemical composition testing and mechanical and thermal testing.
● Creating testing methodologies and protocols for long term reliability studies in order to keep product integrity high.
● Resolving surface and bulk defects using root cause failure analysis, as well as documenting and reporting the failures to interdisciplinary teams for future problem solving.
● Maintaining and improving current manufacturing processes in order to improve efficiency and decrease manufacturing variability using SPC tools and lean six sigma analysis.
● Involved closely with automation team and quality team on new automation projects, from designing, testing, and qualifying new machines to authoring their work instructions and preventative maintenance instructions.
● Leading CAR, PAR, and NCR investigations using statistics, fishbone diagrams, FMEA, and other quality tools.
● Communicating and presenting data for customers, suppliers, and government agencies in the aerospace industry such as NASA, Aerospace Corporation, Defense Logistics Agency, United States Air Force, etc.
● Authoring scientific research reports for internal company analysis and customer knowledge.
- Materials Engineer at Winslow Automation Inc
- Quality and Reliability Engineer at Corning Inc
- CAD/Drafting Technician at Corning Inc
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Materials Engineering
Las Vegas, NM, August 30, 2010- Current.
NMDOT, City of Las Vegas and Sandia National lab Projects, Materials Engineer
• Manage and provide assistance for the materials projects, including concrete and asphalt mix designs, and construction materials evaluations under the supervision of senior engineer.
• Typical assignments involve cost estimating, proposal preparation, planning and supervision of field investigations and lab evaluations, interface with testing laboratories, interaction with materials technicians, test data and report review and evaluation, specifications review and development, formulation of engineering recommendations, client interface, report preparation, and cost/schedule control.
• Assist in the more complex projects and business development activities.
• Perform the AASHTO and ASTM aggregate testing procedures for the concrete and Asphalt mix design.
• Perform concrete mix design in the laboratory and establish the proportions based on trial compressive strength for the ready mix concrete companies.
• Perform asphalt mix design in the laboratory using Marshall and Superpave method.
• Prepare the submittal of concrete and asphalt mix design as per the specification and standard of NMDOT, city of Las Vegas.
- Projects, Materials Engineer at Concrete Aggregate & Asphalt (CA2) LLC
- Projects, Staff Materials Engineer at Amec Earth & Environmental
- Cottonwood Road Project, City of Surprise, Arizona, Traffic Engineer at CK Engineering
- Texas-Engineer in Training/Inspector at CAS Consulting & Services
8 years, 7 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Civil Engineering
- Bachelors of Science - Civil Engineering
Materials engineer with strong knowledge of organic and inorganic materials on medical devices
• Familiar with FDA/ISO regulations about medical devices and raw materials
• Leading and participating the design, development, testing, and manufacturing processes of medical devices from concept to commercialization
• Hands-on experience in designing and conducting experiments to evaluate the performances of raw materials, components, and final products based on analytical data 1
• Actively learn novel science & technologies with the product family and think over analyze the potential changes and risks
• Positively improve existing products and/or lead new designs towards novel applications and customer needs
• Directly work with national/international vendors such as Becton Dickinson (U.S.A) and visited the manufacturing sites
• Closely work with surrounding departments including regulatory, quality, marketing, and manufacturing, and provide technical support
- Materials Engineer at Zyno Medical LLC
- R&D Researcher, Internship at ZSFab Medical Device Company
- at Icephobic Structure Design for Aeroplane Surfaces
- at Metal Corrosion Origin and Corrosion Protection
10 months at this Job
- Ph.D. in Civil Engineering - Material physics and chemistry
- M.S. in Applied Chemistry - Superhydrophobic surface design and fabrication
- B.S. in Materials Science and Engineering - Material Mechanics
Rokid - Technological innovation enterprise focus on human-computer interaction and artificial intelligence
Materials Engineer, Product Design Department June 2018 - August 2018
• Cooperated with Industrial Design Team and Mechanical Engineers designing new products and developing existed products based on materials selection and failure analysis; participated in the Rokid Jungle High Tech Gallery
• Learned and understood the process of designing and practical concerns; provided appropriate suggestions about materials selection based on research and Materials Science knowledge
• Solved engineering problems and improved potential defects including mechanical, thermal, material and packaging aspects with designers and engineers team; realized the practicality and perceptiveness of modeling and simulation in industrial production and product development
- Materials Engineer, Product Design Department at Rokid Corporation Ltd
- Develop Assistant, Research & Development Department at Jujiang Power Technology Co., Ltd
2 months at this Job
- Master's - Materials Engineering
- Bachelor's - Materials Science & Engineering
- Bachelor's - Applied Mathematics
• Participated in safety meetings, walks, and other related tasks. l have experience in implementing safety, recognizing unsafe situations and taking corrective action immediately.
• Independently managed multiple scopes of work - both subcontracted and self-performed.
• Responsible for coordinating, organizing, tracking, updating and/or expediting the flow of information, files, drawings, permits, and correspondence. These files include RFI’s, Submittals, Subcontractor T&M tickets, material expediting logs, Submittal Logs, RFI Logs.
• Assisted in subcontractor management by helping the superintendent coordinate the schedule of subcontractor operations and logistics.
• Schedule, attend, and take minutes at key project meetings.
• Participated in, and led, assigned elements of project closeout including punch list, owner turnover manuals and required owner training including property management and maintenance.
• Participated in weekly planner/subcontractor coordination meetings.
• Coordinated and managed materials with the Construction Materials team, Materials Engineer and subcontractors. This includes the timely delivery, receiving, quality control, staging, secure storage, deployment and tracking.
• Reviewed extra work orders (EWOs) presented by subcontractors.
• Assisted Project Mangers/Superintendents with the creation and management of project schedules, logistic plans, and subcontractor and materials coordination plans.
• Maintained site As-Built Drawings using Project Management Software, and updating Subcontractors and self-performed teams of changes and impacts to their scopes of work.
• Ran multiple crews of all trades including in house and giving direction for sub-contractor.
• Installation of walls, floors and ceilings, using materials such as: wood, steel, metal, concrete, plastics, and composites of multiple materials
• Fitting and installing window frames, doors, door frames, door hardware, interior and exterior trim using a carpenters level, plumb bob, and laser levels
• Erecting scaffolding, ladders for assembling structures above ground levels
• Studied specifications in blueprints, sketches, or building plans to prepare project layout and determine dimensions and materials required
• Shaped and cut materials to specified measurements, using hand tools, machines, or power saws
• Followed established safety rules and regulations and maintained a safe and clean environment
• Built or repaired cabinets, doors, frameworks, floors, or other wooden fixtures used in buildings, using woodworking machines, hand tools and power tools
• Assembled and fastened materials to make frameworks using hand tools,wood screws, nails, etc.
• Removed damaged or defective parts or sections of structures and repair or replaced, using hand tools
• Inspected ceiling or floor tile, wall coverings, siding, glass, or woodwork to detect broken or damaged structures
- Project Engineer/ Materials Engineer/ Carpenter at Katerra
- Carpenter at JLM CONSTRUCTION
- Pro Service Specialist/ Department Manager at Lowes Home Improvement
- Painter at Saratoga
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Sustainable Construction Certificate Emphasis - Safety,Osha regulations, CPR, First Aide.Osha 10
- - General
Operate and maintain injection molding machines ‣ Test materials in a lab environment and compile data for Autodesk's Moldflow software ‣ Create and finalize reports of collected data for customers ‣ Generate and implement new equipment operation procedures
- Materials Engineer at Beaumont Technologies
- Porter/Shipping Specialist at New Motors Dealership
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- B.S. - Aerospace Engineering
Managed global contract manufacturers and supplier networks which include Foxconn, Flextronics, NEE, Boardtek, Qorvo, and Qualcomm; drove continuous improvement, design support and cost reduction to component suppliers.
• Researched, proposed, and developed new technologies to support new product development to meet design specifications. Implemented new PCB materials and plating finishes on key development programs at lowest total cost resulting in $1.2M in design savings.
• Researched and designed new materials and processes techniques to develop, select, or recommend materials that meet the environmental, regulatory, and performance requirements for electronic products.
• Reviewed and approved new and revised engineering documents by analyzing proposed materials and processes to assess the impact on electronic products and assemblies (e.g., material specifications, process specifications, part standards, support specifications, manufacturing planning, industry/military standards).
• Experienced in adapting both Military and Industrial design standards (MIL-STD, ASM, AISI, ASTM, IPC, ISO, J-STD) to materials testing, processing and design implementation.
• Reviewed and analyzed BOM's to determine the components package and process capabilities, material handling & storage criteria, EOL, alternative parts and qualification to ensure usage of best components and proposed replacement to product team during design reviews prior to product release
• Provided product direction and design inputs in the areas of metals, plastics, and electronics for surface mount technology and PCB design featuring one-way and two-way satellite internet access technology.
• Developed and implemented manufacturing process technologies, methods and techniques to assist and promote the building of reliable, high quality PCB assemblies at the lowest possible cost.
• Consulted with new product development teams regarding manufacturing capabilities, techniques and issues related to design for manufacturability (DFM) and test (DFT).
• Detected failure and root cause analyses, proposing corrective actions for continuous improvement and for resolutions to manufacturing problems including processes, components, machines, or programming problems
• Maintained and develop metallic and non-metallic materials specifications across various product groups.
• Utilized structured problem solving methodologies (DMAIC) and statistical analysis techniques, including distributional analysis (ANOVA), Process Capability Analysis (Cp and Cpk) and SPC charts (X-bar, R, N), using any of the following statistical software package (Minitab, Crystal, and Matlab).
• Traveled and audited suppliers (foreign and domestic) to establish technical and manufacturing processes required during product development and volume manufacturing ramp.
- Materials Engineer at Hughes Network Systems
- Graduate Researcher at Advanced Materials Laboratory
- Mechanical Engineer at ZOT Integrated Manufacturing
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Materials Science and Engineering
- Bachelors of Engineering - Mechanical Engineering
Leverage material expertise to support design and development of automotive interior parts. Oversee all aspects of process control, technical review of engineering deliverables, risk assessment, and activity coordination to ensure support for mission-critical functions. Spearhead all troubleshooting at manufacturing plants in US, Mexico, and Japan. Execute VA/VE improvements after the start of vehicle production. Work closely with executive management/client stakeholders.
• Reduce development time using clearly outlined assumptions and constraints, delivery strategies, issue management, resource plans, and vendor oversight to define, verify, and validate schedules and materials.
• Uphold quality assurance by selecting right-fit materials for development, applying knowledge of resin, textiles, leather, synthetic leather, adhesive, grease, metal, and polyurethane foam.
• Appointed to participate in training both in the United States and Japan to gain expertise of grease, polyurethane foam, and validation requirements for interior automotive parts.
• Minimize deviations from targets by defining the test environment and carrying out analytical and structural material tests to verify results of material strengths as well as failure modes and potential solutions.
• Serve as an "information resource, " working with customers and suppliers to address any issues, support any projects, and devise unique process improvements.
- Materials Engineer at Toyota Boshoku America
- Drilling Fluids Engineer at Baker Hughes, Inc
- Facilities Maintenance Engineering Intern at Alcon Laboratories, Inc
- Plant Engineering Intern at Alcon Laboratories, Inc
2 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Chemical Engineering