my duties included the design, manufacture and control of highway construction building materials namely modified and non-modified hot mix asphalts, specialized aggregates, base and sub-base materials. Perform material and quantity take-offs, quantity adjustments and calculations of related costs. Administrative duties included scheduling, supervision and direction of subcontractors, field and laboratory operators and technicians. Additional duties entailed negotiation and interpretation of plans and specifications as well as analysis and preparation of cost and feasibility reports. Interstate-70 Glenwood Spring Canyon, Glenwood Colorado. Project Materials Engineer. Duties: Supply the design and Q.C. of the various materials used during this rotomill and re-pave project which involved 14 miles of Interstate 70 highway improvements for the Colorado Department of Transportation. I-15 University Avenue Reconstruction, Provo Utah - As Project Materials Engineer I was responsible for the Q.C. and field testing services on materials used during this reconstruction project. The project consisted of cut and fill excavations, drainage facilities, grading, retaining and noise walls construction, barrier placement, structural repairs, and traffic control for the Utah Department of Transportation.
- Project Materials Engineer at Granite Construction Company
- region II Materials Engineer Assistant I at Utah Department of Transportation
2 years at this Job
- B.S. - Civil Engineering
Joliet Refinery Materials Engineer: Defined financial, safety, health, environment, and public probability and consequence of failure to assess risk and manage equipment; offered cost-effective mitigation options. Approved material upgrades, inspection plans, and welding requirements. Investigate failure incidents. * Coordinated and analyzed inspection with third party companies to identify pipe corrosion; resulted in $3M reduction in planned replacement expenses * Increased acidic crude running capabilities to capture additional crude margins at $1/bbl or an additional $250K/day by updating operating envelopes * Relevant Training: Loss Prevention System; Management of Change; MSE Heat Treatment of Materials Research and Engineering Materials Engineer: Develop and deploy tools and technologies to refineries globally * Defined refineries' objectives and scopes for their crude corrosion planning and monitoring program update; enabled site to process cheaper high acid crudes: $15M annual increase due to crude flexibility * Created inspector qualification tests to reduce greatest factor of error in inspections; presented research corporate materials network meetings for Europe, North America, and Syncrude Canada Ltd. * Relevant Training: ASME Sec VIII: Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code; Equipment Degradation Documents; Piping Thickness Monitoring; Non-destructive Examination Testing Methods
- Advanced Materials Engineer at Exxon Mobil
- Advanced Battery Technology Intern at Ford Motor Company
- Heavy Duty Engine Development Intern at Cummins
2 years at this Job
- Master's - Teaching
- Bachelor's - Materials Science and Engineering
on the project of:
o FC Packing Roads, FATA, Kurram Agency
Good Knowledge of:
• Soil Testing.
• Concrete Testing.
• Asphalt Testing.
• Asphalt & Concrete Mix Designs.
• Prepared JMF of ACWC with 15% RAP, ACBC JMF with 30% RAP Material & JMF with PG (Performance Grade Bitumen 70-22).
• Having knowledge of different tests performed on PG Bitumen i.e DSR, BBR, RTFO, PAV, RV, Wheel Tracking test, Modulus of Resilience, Moisture Susceptibility etc.
• Worked on ASTEC Asphalt Continuous (Recycling) Plant. Major Responsibilities: Insitu Lab:
• Supervision and performing of all kinds of materials testing in lab i.e Soil, Aggregate, Asphalt, Bitumen and Concrete testing.
• Preparation of Asphalt & Concrete Mix Designs.
• Maintaining the all lab data i.e record of testing and check requests. On Site:
• Supervision of Asphalt and Concrete batching Plant. Computer Literacy:
- Materials Engineer at FWO 495 Engg Group
- Material Engineer Gd-II at FWO 495 Engg Group
- Lab Technician at Material Testing lab
- Lab Technician at Widening of Lahore Canal
11 months at this Job
- SSC - Research Work
Warhead development program, BLU-122 penetrator bomb (USAF contract)
• Assess the thermo-mechanical processing of ES-1 and HP9-4-10 alloy steel and how variations affect the mechanical properties via changes to the microstructure. Areas of concern include steel melting and refining, forging, heat treatments, welding and chemical compositions.
• Assess QA mechanical properties inspection results for tensile, impact, and fracture mechanic properties. Work performed at an independent testing lab.
• Supported studies and evaluated reports from academia (Univ of Alabama, Univ of Missouri S&T) on correlations between impurity content, microstructure and mechanical property variations. Lab techniques used macroetchings, optical microscopy and SEM to characterize variations in grain size, orientation, phases present, carbide morpholgies.
• Inventoried material asset locations and status. Periodically distribute updates to support developmental production.
• Monitor and observe progress of subcontractors in steelmaking, forging, machining and final explosive loading. Prepare GANT charts on MS-Projects.
• Prepare and review drawings and specifications for material and part geometry. Prepare graphs, charts on experimental data and heat treatment schedules using statistical analysis.
• Kept abreast of new materials technology thru affiliation and classes (Failure Analysis, Welding) with ASM.
• Authored technical reports for Air Force Research Laboratory for publication: i. AFRL-RW-EG-TR-2012-016, Investigation of Vacuum Arc Remelted and Ladle Refined Eglin Steel (ES-1) Manufacturing Processes for Ordnance Applications, Feb 2012. ii. Alternate Penetrator Case Manufacturing Program for 2000-lb BLU-109 Penetrator Bomb, Final Report, Jun 2012. (awaiting DTIC posting)
- Materials Engineer at Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC)
- at Prototype Production Demonstration for BLU
at this Job
- BSME - Mechanical Engineering
- - Materials Science
- - Materials Science
· Operations incharge for development of Metallurgical Lab for metallography, mechanical and chemical analysis. · Cross sectioning, metallurgical analysis, hardness, and microscopic examination as per standards & specifications · Preserving and statistical analysis of database, assuring proper documentation, maintaining and repairing lab apparatus. · Collaborating with track work team to design and analysis new products and their evaluation in different environment. · Designing new procedure according to standards and product requirement. · Investigating failure analysis and root cause analysis of broken rails and different joint assembly parts · Designing of Go-Not Go gages for inspection of railway track works using CAD and developing calibration schemes. · Study & examine the deficiencies to facilitate in house departments/customers in root cause analysis & developing action plans issues to resolve issues. Coordinate activities between the lab and the internal/external customers · Providing technical support to shop floor activities and manufacturing operations. · Dealing with customers to resolve the issues and validation of suppliers. · Writing technical reports, procedures SOPs for machines and training employees for a safe working environment. · Coordinator for Implementation of Internal Audit and Health Safety & Environment in manufacturing plant. · Conducting Non- Destructive Testing (NDT). UT level I certified.
- Materials Engineer at A & K Railroad Materials
- Metallurgical Lab Engineer at Alsons Auto Industries Pvt ltd
- Trainee Materials Engineer at Peoples Steel Mills Ltd,
- Research Assistant at NED University of Engineering and Technology
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Master's - Engineering Management
- Master's - Materials Engineering
- Bachelor's - Materials Engineering
Setting up warehousing; vehicle movement; water spider ( delivery routes) in manufacturing environment. Working with some Supply Chain and SAP. Would like an engineer with this background in Supply Chain. I work cross functional with all levels from Warehouse to Engineers to Operation Managers to analyze production relationships and flow of materials and manufacturing principles. I lead activities that continuously monitor and analyze all operating processes to ensure appropriate capacity and resource availability to meet schedule demands. I’m also a part of material improvements through justification and evaluations. Idenitfy prime areas for improvement activities. I act as knowledge experts and event facilitator for RCI's/Kaizen activities as intervention tools to positively influence performance. I support existing and planned revisions to material handling technology. Identify, reduce, and eliminate workers exposure to ergonomic stresses in the work place.
- Materials Engineer/Consultant at Steelcase
- Logistics Manager / Materials Manager at Xarisma, INC
- Production Manager / Continuous Improvement Manager at Eberspaecher North America
- Shipping Supervisor at Georgia Pacific
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Logistics & Supply Chain
- - Computer Information Systems
- - Business Management
• Organize, coordinate, and participate in audits as lead auditor to review internal processes for effectiveness and identify improvement initiatives throughout the supply base
• Led the creation of 500+ pieces of training and process documentation, reducing development timeline 25%
• Develop user training on four ERP modules and document 80 business processes
• Perform business process analysis to plan and design computer systems for enterprise resource planning systems
• Collaborate with commercial team to ensure customer requirements are translated into part specifications, process routings, bill of materials, and customer notes
• Initiate engineering changes to part specifications and process flows to improve product and process performance
• Champion of records management; oversee and manage all documentation kept in internal documentation database
- Materials Engineer at Eaton Steel Bar Company
- Quality Engineer at
- Process Analyst at
2 years at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelor of Science of Operations Management - President and Founder of Society of Operations Management
Materials engineer, C.F.C.A, Berrechid, Morocco
• Lead and conduct all aspects of materials testing, use statistical analysis and analyze test data
• Work with quality and production to identify and resolve material related problems.
• Completed and assembly automotive wiring harnesses using automatic wire stripping, wire cutting, lug and connector punch press.
- Materials engineer at C.F.C.A, Berrechid
- Materials engineering internship at OCP, Khouribga
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Physics and Materials Science
• Technical advisor to Sales in customer-facing role to major US manufacturers
• Participate in Sales calls to customer sites for pre- and post-sales support
• Use Voice of Customer to develop composite materials and define product specifications
• Develop novel acoustical and thermal composites for non-automotive vehicle applications
• Initiated cost saving process improvement to increase product quality by 10%
• Identify and implement new materials, adhesives and processes
• Develop and optimize lamination and calendaring processes for composite materials
• Write and validate internal and external product specifications
• Maintain laboratory testing procedures and documentation compliance to ASTM methodologies and ISO certification
• Maintain compliance with licensing and regulatory agencies including Underwriters Laboratories (UL); International Material Data System (IMDS); Registration, Evaluation, Authorization, and Restriction of Chemicals (REACH); Global Automotive Declarable Substance List (GADSL); Restriction of Hazardous Substances (RoHS); Dodd-Frank Conflict Minerals
- Materials Engineer at Blachford, Inc
- Product Manager at FLIR Systems, ICX Technologies, MesoSystems Technologies
- Product Development Consultant at Academy Corporation
- Research Scientist at Electrophorics
6 years at this Job
- Master's - Chemistry
- Bachelors of Science - Chemistry
• Received DoD Security Clearance, Secret
• Designed and implemented multiple test procedures to optimizeexisting and create new processes.
• Evaluated and modeled stress-strain relationships in materials to determine optimal application conditions of large polymeric pieces.
• Traveled to and attended modeling courses for projects as well as seminars pertaining to polymer properties such as adhesion.
• Assumed role of technical lead for a multi-year collaborative project, working to achieve goals on schedule and under budget and traveling as needed to work directly with project vendors and partners.
• Executed dynamic mechanical analysis and other polymer property determination tests.
• Learned and practiced safety precautions, including harness training, in an industrial setting.
• Analyzed cost impacts of process and material changes to determine savings.
• Managed multiple projects, with responsibilities ranging from material development and processing to management of groups of engineers to achieve long-term benefits.
• Worked with vendors and other personnel to develop materials to improve performance.
• Planned and lead regular presentations to communicate findings to internal management and project management teams in person and via teleconferences.
• Designed and implemented polymer manufacturing processes for large polymeric parts.
- Materials Engineer at General Dynamics Electric Boat
- Research Assistant at Chemical Engineering Program, University of Connecticut
- Landscape Manager at Shaw-Black Industries
- Leader at AICHE, The American Institute for Chemical Engineering
3 years, 6 months at this Job
- Master's - Materials Science and Engineering