● 2013-Current A manufacturer of diverse seals and materials using organic rubbers and silicones for Aircraft, Space, Military, Medical and commercial applications. Annual sales revenues of $110 million. Materials Manager: Directed procurement, planning, inventory control, and shipping/receiving to meet strategic manufacturing and delivery schedules in an AS9100 certified organization. Authorized PO's, implemented Kanban processes, NPI, creation and implementation of SIOP, strategic sourcing, logistics, job planning. Supervised and trained staff of 38. Operational Highlights:
• Changed shipping department process/ layout to increase service level, increased shipping throughput by 20%
• Re-arranged finished goods warehouse using "radar chart" to reduce unnecessary pick/pack movement
• Developed new PO requisition, verification, and authorization procedures to reduce 90% of mistakes
• Developed shipping check lanes and procedures for ITAR/Ear export compliance alignment
- Materials Manager at ESTERLINE ENGINEERED MATERIALS
- Director of Engineering, Estimating, Contracts, and Planning at COAST SIGN
- Materials / Planning / Facilities Manager at GREENLEE / TEMPO a DIVISION of TEXTRON
- Estimating, Planning, Program Manager and Environmental Compliance Officer at VISTA INDUSTRIAL PRODUCTS INC
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Administrative Studies
- Master of Business Administration - Special
Currently on a job in Point Comfort building a new unit for Formosa Plastics. Materials manager, overseeing all materials and equipment on the job. Also manage a crew of 20 people in the materials department. Have over 200 pieces of rental equipment on the job. Responsible for all material for construction and equipment. Job currently has over 400 craftsmen building a new unit.
- Materials Manager at Bilfinger Westcon
- Construction Superintendent at LMC CORPORATION
- District Manager at OPEN DOOR RETAIL, INC
- Owner - President at COUNTRY CREEK
2 years, 2 months at this Job
Radiometrics is an OEM of Atmospheric Measuring Equipment. As the Materials Manager for three separate product lines in two facilities, I managed all procurement and inventory functions including vendor cost negotiation, purchase order creation/placement, materials receipts/materials data processing, cash flow forecasting, Bills of Materials review, inventory assessments, internal job tracking, job kitting and manufacturing data entry. I also provided general assistance to the V.P. of Manufacturing in matters related to ISO 9001:2015, new customer order/contract review and I provided accounting support. When new product lines were acquired, I was tasked with organizing the intellectual property and inventory in a manner that was accessible and consistent with Radiometrics' business practices.
- Materials Manager at Radiometrics Corp
- Inside/Outside Sales, Program Manager/Supply Chain Manager at Instrutech Inc
- Supply Chain Management, Quoting and Engineering at Walker Component Group
- Sales, Branch Operations Manager at Jaco Electronics
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associate - Business Management
EASTLAKE, OH July, 2016 to February, 2019 Conn-Selmer is the leading manufacturer of musical instruments in the U.S. for student, amateur and professional use. MATERIALS MANAGER
• Managed the daily activities of the Master Scheduler, Aftermarket Parts Coordinator, Shipping and Receiving Clerk and six Material Handlers.
• Implemented Kanban systems to support part availability in Rough and Final Assembly Cells. Roughly 3,000 components. Resulted in ability to improve schedule attainment.
• Worked closely with Engineering and Finance to make sure Bills of Materials and Routings were correct to improve transactional integrity.
• Coordinated daily Cycle Count activities with the objective of finding root cause for variation and correcting the transactional errors.
• Owned the training and process to conduct annual Physical Inventories.
- MATERIALS MANAGER at CONN-SELMER, INC
- SENIOR PROCUREMENT SPECIALIST at CRANE AEROSPACE AND ELECTRONICS
- SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGER at CRANE AEROSPACE AND ELECTRONICS
- STRATEGIC SOURCING AGENT at CRANE AEROSPACE AND ELECTRONICS
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - Purchasing and Materials Management and Production Operations Management
Monroe, NC 2011-2017 Multi-national manufacturer, $6 billion-dollar distributor of door opening solutions with 50,000 employees world- wide. Serving the retail/healthcare/commercial building markets. Materials Manager Oversaw supply chain operations which included procurement of raw materials world-wide, shipping, receiving, and new product launches. Purchasing over $50 million per year in aluminum extrusions, component raw materials, services and packaging materials. Supervising six direct and 10 indirect employees. ❖ Improved management of Materials Group through cross-training, communication, and interaction with group. Procurement personnel worked with hourly workers to resolve issues and make improvements. ❖ Designed new processes to reduce month-end raw material values, from 48.5 days to 43.4 days ($585K) through redesign of replenishment process and improved cycle counting process. ❖ Implemented backorder notification process to better update customer of any item missing from project. ❖ Maintained same manning in 2016 with a 30% increase in business. ❖ Worked as 5S/Lean/Safety Auditor. ❖ Worked closely with vendors to expedite raw materials, control consignment inventories, and resolve lead-time/quality issues. Implemented Point-of-Use locations on shop floor. ❖ Documented processes in Materials Group and cross-trained associates to perform these duties. ❖ Designed expediting process to identify which items' delivery needed to be verified/expedited. Increased on-time delivery from 87 % to 95%.Identified all critical materials that would keep project from shipping. ❖ Implemented Kanban Replenishment process with China/Czech plants to replenishment raw materials on a weekly basis. 28 days from order to delivery from Suzhou, China to Monroe, NC. ❖ Led Kaizen event that reduced production footprint by 40% and cut kitting pull time by 30% through data analysis, team input, and new racking layout/labeling.
- Materials Manager at ASSA ABLOY ENTRANCE SYSTEMS
- Materials Manager at SUPERIOR ESSEX INC
6 years at this Job
- BA - Business Administration
Responsible for the complete Supply Chain Management processes of, Production Planning, Procurement, Material Management & Logistics operations at the Sanofi Genzyme Woburn Facility. Manage a team of 1 FTE Buyer/Planner, Assist in developing, implementing and maintaining the annual operating budget for each SCM discipline totaling $180K. Responsible for staff development and training ensuring that direct reports are up to date and properly educated on latest SOP's, pertaining to procurement, materials handling and all logistics functions respectively; as well as use of computer related systems and equipment. Plan and schedule work of Buyer, receiving, inventory, and delivery personnel ensuring proper distribution of assignments, adequate staffing, and floor space for performance of tasks. Responsible for internal controls with reasonable assurances that Materials Operations are effective and efficient; managed within the established guidelines; assets are safe guarded, and in compliance with applicable regulations and policies. Prepare and analyze benchmarking and continuous process improvement reports pertaining to Inventory Valuation, Cycle Counting, stock turnover, new merchandise received, shortages, slow moving inventory, Materials in Quarantine, Materials in MRB, Scrapped materials, and Materials about to Expire. As Materials Manager, responsible for maintaining reduced Inventory levels between $500K and $700K worth of inventory; monitor inventory record accuracy; freight and scrap budget compliance. Prepare reports reflecting current trends in Inventory turns, stock usage, lot controlled items approaching expiration dates, storage and procurement; overview duties performed in the Sanofi Genzyme ERP systems MFGPro and SAP; distribution of supplies, equipment, as well as enforce cGMP processes; ensure that supply requirements meet on-time delivery expectations, and assure that all inventory movement transactions are performed accurately and in a timely fashion. Manage weekly cycle count activities, with focus on investigating and resolving inventory variances. Since joining Sanofi Genzyme, have maintained 98% inventory accuracy, and on a direct path to fast achieving World Class status of 100% accuracy, targeted to be sustained over a 6 month period by enforcing cGMP practices of daily / weekly cycle counting and utilizing MFGPro's and SAP's ABC Cycle Counting approach. As for the Production Planning and scheduling side, responsible for maintaining the Master Schedule, the planning, scheduling, and coordination of all production operations for all Standard Products, generated from all aspects of production planning requirements of Independent (Forecasts / Sales Orders and Safety Stock) and dependent demand (BOM's) to releasing of firm planned production orders in WIP using a JIT approach, as well as reviewing and analyzing Material, Labor and Overhead costs; Material Shortages, Data integrity pertaining to Master Data Management of BOM's and Routings, Work Centers, and Item Master data; Production order closings and Reporting. Also, very proud of having re-introduced to Sanofi Genzyme the concept of Weekly MRB meetings, allowing us to quickly disposition materials and prevent production bottlenecks. Establish and maintain effective working relationship with all Supply Chain Management internal and external customers. Work Closely and provide direct support to manufacturing operations, Engineering and Quality Assurance. Review operating procedures in support of Quality Management System. From a Procurement side, oversee verification of new merchandise against purchase orders and invoices, standard costs, and transfer of merchandise between Sanofi Genzyme Sites through recently adopted DRP transactions. Responsible for overseeing all procurement of Raw Materials, Floor Stock, Non-Inventoried Items, as well as External sub-contracted materials valued between $500K to $700K annually. Continuously measure performance of Supplier's on-time delivery, conformance to product quality, and costs, as well as monitor PPV reports, and conduct regular supplier analyses to ensure conformance to the Sanofi Genzyme Quality standards. Where ever Non Conformances are found Deviations, SCARS, and CAPA's are created and monitored through Internal Sanofi Genzyme TrackWise Portal. As Logistics supervisor, am responsible for providing results driven leadership to the warehouse shipping and receiving department; supervise and coordinate processes and functions of load planning, handling of inbound and outbound freight movements. Provide continuous reporting analytics to management by performing auditing functions, researching, troubleshooting, tracking, and process over-sight. Overview as well as perform operational tasks involved in the receipt, verification, storage, safekeeping, picking and delivery of raw materials, equipment, non-balancing/non-inventoried consumables and supplies in accordance with established policies and procedures. Direct all materials receipt and delivery functions ensuring that proper records are completed in a timely and accurate manner. Perform administrative duties required of all Logistics (strategic planning, time capture, records retention, schedules, etc.) tasks. Ensure all shipments are correctly packaged, and shipped to the desired destinations within the designated time parameters.
- Materials Manager at Sanofi Genzyme
- Materials Manager at Optikos, Corp
- Production Scheduler and Inventory and Logistics Manager at Entegris, Inc
- Founder and CEO, Project Manager and Senior Supply Chain Consultant at SCCS-Supply Chain Consulting Solutions
6 months at this Job
- Baccalaureate of Arts - Spanish and Italian
- Certification - Italian
- Certification - Spanish
My positions are or have been involved in all three Special Collections locations: Special Collections at the Homewood campus, the John Work Garrett Library at Evergreen Museum & Library, and the George Peabody Library.
2008-present: Materials Manager
• Coordinate materials for the outreach needs for five curators and librarians
• Maintain records and workflows for routing materials to Conservation for treatment or exhibit preparation
• Serve as intermediary between selectors and Acquisitions department for the purchasing of rare materials. Track and process materials upon receipt.
• Select rare materials for purchase
• Work in ArchivesSpace: create stub accession records, inventory clean-up for particular manuscript collections, creation of records for "bound in books" manuscript collections.
• Work in conjunction with the Evergreen Director/Curator in using library materials to augment the museum's interpretation of the historic house museum, Evergreen Museum & Library.
• Manager of reading room and reader services at the John Work Garrett Library. Special Projects:
• 2018-19: Participated in implementation of Aeon materials management for Special Collections, including writing policies and workflows, training staff and students, and working with colleagues to refine current practices
• 2019: Coordinating the preparation to move collections in anticipation of the renovation of the current library space.
• 2012: Coordinated the move of collections in preparation for the move of the Special Collections department into a new building.
• 2010-11: Oversaw the move of 60,000 volumes out of onsite shelving space following an environmental crisis. Coordinated the return of 20,000 volumes.
- Materials Manager at Special Collections, The Sheridan Libraries & Museums, Johns Hopkins University
- Rare Books Assistant at
- Interim Curator at Rare Books
- Lay Chaplain, Boston University at Episcopal Chaplaincy, Episcopal Diocese
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Art History
- Bachelor of Arts - Art History and German Literature
- college preparatory
• Primary responsibility for the materials management process for the healthcare facility, which includes the evaluation, procurement, storage, and distribution of all supplies and equipment. The materials manager will perform the daily operations to support the medical and surgical inventory control for the facility to include ordering of all medical supplies, maintaining an appropriate inventory of all medical supplies, receiving and stocking of all medical supplies to their assigned area. The materials manager is responsible for identifying, implementing, and documenting cost savings and supply chain operational improvement opportunities for the facility.
• Accurately place orders and track deliveries to ensure timely fulfillment of ordered supplies
• Achieve Targeted Drugs and Medical Expenses Index (DMI) and Case Cost Reduction Targets. Annual amounts are provided by your DMM during the annual budget process. Maximize purchases from Group Purchasing Organization (GPO) Contracts and USPI Agreements
• Implement, Track, Document, and Report Savings to Administration
• Participate on recurring meetings with DMM to gain details on cost savings initiatives to implement
• Develop, maintain, coordinate, and communicate with facility departments to regularly schedule orders by vendor to ensure proper inventory levels and delivery schedules; avoid need to expedite and incur additional freight expense
• Responsible for maintaining high level of contract compliance with USPI and GPO agreements for cost savings, rebates, and commitment level requirements
• Coordinate the reconciliation process for invoices with Accounts Payable department when price and quantities do not agree with the purchase order
- MATERIALS MANAGER at Frontenac Surgery & Spine Care Center
- STERILE PROCESSING TECHNICIAN at Frontenac Surgery & Spine Care Center
- Central Supply Technician at Phelps County Regional Medical Center
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- None - MARKETING
Caldwell Manufacturing Company North America, LLC, Williamsport, Maryland, March 2018-Present, Materials Manager
• Oversees production planning, from components to finished goods
• Works closely with production to determine daily/weekly/monthly capacity to ensure consistent production planning
• Collaborates closely with cross departmental team to analyze data and strategically forecast future demand production requirements and implementation of new products
• Oversees procurement, both domestic and international, forraw material and vendor purchased parts
• Responsible for data integrity
• Responsible for calculating lead time and reorder points
• Manages logistics, warehouse and dock operations
• Heavily involved in monthly SIOP planning, including setting and meeting inventory goals, while maintaining on time delivery to customers and maximizing machine efficiencies
• Heavily involved in reviewing demand segmentation to determine proper safety stock levels for repeatable parts
• Responsible for short- and long-term capacity management
• Key metrics include but are not limited to on time delivery, inventory turnover, inventory accuracy, and pick/pack/ship accuracy
• Analyzes data to determine accurate min/max levels
• Responsible for Kanban implementation and across the production floor
• Analyzes data to determine proper Kanban bin sizes, to minimize excess stock and reduce inventory dollars
• Responsible for the correct use of inventory transactions to ensure accurate data
• Responsible for implementing bin locations plantwide
• Coordinates and manages yearly physical inventory
• Manages staff of 12-15
• Implemented and oversees plantwide FIFO
- Materials Manager at Caldwell Manufacturing
- Supply Chain Analyst III at The Manitowoc Company, Inc
- Customer Service Manager/Purchasing/Shipping Manager at Carter Control Systems, Inc
- Buyer at Richard F. Kline, Inc
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
Wheeling, IL Oct. '16 - Feb. '19
$45M global manufacturer of medical products used in Interventional Radiology, Vascular Surgery, Interventional
Cardiology and Oncology. Materials Manager
• Exceeded annual company goal of 3% material cost reduction with average savings of $243K ◦ Annual spend of $7M ◦ Over 180 approved vendors supplying 1,500+ raw materials ◦ Developed strategic relationships with key suppliers by collaborating on forecasts & blanket orders
• Championed an insourcing VIP (Value Improvement Project) for catheter plastic tube extrusions, which saved the company $380K (45%) over prior year
• Resolved raw material delivery and quality concerns through quarterly supplier review meetings that utilized scorecards and action improvement plans
• Managed $5.3M inventory (5,600+ active items)
• Drove replenishment strategies utilizing MRP & lean concepts to support delivery initiatives ◦ Established safety stocks for over 1,300 items to support 96% on-time delivery
• Reduced freight cost by $10k annually, a 4% cost reduction over prior year by establishing a monthly auditing process for parcel shipment billing statements
• Improved the company's cash flow by $100K+ by managing obsolete materials
• Managed and mentored a team of 10 employees (4 schedulers, 1 buyer and 5 warehouse personnel)
- Materials Manager at Argon Medical Devices, Inc
- Materials Manager at Parker Hannifin Corporation
- Division Production Control Manager at Parker Hannifin
- Production Control Specialist (Buyer/Planner) at Parker Hannifin Corporation
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Lean Operations Management Certificate (4 of 6 classes completed)
- - Supply Chain Management Development Program
- Bachelor's of Business Administration - Production/Operations Management