Manufacturer of subsystems, components for RF, microwave / aerospace markets. Materials Manager Direct activities of Planning, Purchasing, Warehouse, Shipping Receiving for 2 Divisions Drove improvements in Master Scheduling / Planning Process
- Materials Manager at API Technology
- Supply Chain Manager at FACIL NORTH AMERICA
- Supply Chain Manager at ELLIOTT GROUP, Global Services Division
- Director of Logistics & Supply Chain at ALPLA, INC
2 years at this Job
- BS - Chemistry
Materials Manager for three production facilities in Houston. Responsible for the Materials support to Operations, Internal, and external customers, and all interested parties. Responsible for implementation of all inventory and materials accounting, storage, value stream and process improvements for all members of operations. Responsible for three Materials Supervisors and their teams totaling 30 personnel and the functions of 3 CDL drivers for Inter Plant operations and deliveries. Additionally, Production Planning/Scheduling for the three plant operations are direct reports to me using Made 2 Manage (M2M) for MRP functionalities.
- Materials Manager at Advanced Containment Systems, Inc
- Quality and Organizational Planner at Watlow Electric
- Receiving Manager at FMC Technologies, Inc
- Material Flow Analyst at FMC Technologies, Inc
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- BS in Business Administration-Graduate - Logistics
- - Child Psychology
- - Marketing
Customer Service Manager
• Increased on time delivery from 29% to 85% within first three months of hire
• Increased inventory accuracy to 99.95%
• Helped establish VMI and SMI programs.
• As Customer Service Manager, set goal of same day response to customer inquiries
• Established quotation system with estimated costs and set one day quotation lead time
• Managed a team of Customer Service Representatives
• Provided customer activity/demand reports to our sales team
• Managed customer price reduction requests
• Visited local customers to support key customers pricing and delivery issues.
• Assisted our QA manager for Reach/RoHS/Hazardous Materials responses to our customers
• Negotiated and established quarterly pricing review program for vendors
• Established quarterly business review for key vendors.
• Improved overseas vendor monthly quality and on time above 95%
• Established supplier rating control program, and maintain AVL.
• Established procedures to control and manage off-shore Suppliers
• Publish monthly on time and quality reports
- Materials Manager at Radian Thermal Products
16 years, 7 months at this Job
• Corporate Materials Manager responsible for departmental purchasing and materials planning activities for this multi-plant corporation, with manufacturing plants both in the U.S. and Mexico.
• Responsible for the development of cost reduction projects. Resulting in savings of $600K from 2016 - 2017.
• Work with corporate engineering in support of new product development activities / projects.
- Materials Manager at DCM Manufacturing
- Supply Chain Manager at Emerson Electric
- China Sourcing Specialist at The Lincoln Electric Company
- Supply Chain Manager at Goodrich Corporation
3 years at this Job
- Master of Business Administration - International Business
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Production/Operations Management
Duties: The Materials Manager over sees the entire warehouse for the company, including managing, organizing materials, data input, performing warehousing duties of and loading and unloading orders, receiving against purchase orders; ensuring specifications, quantity and quality of orders are correct; verifying stock and identifying losses; maintaining and organizing warehouse layout; transporting orders over designated and on-demand routes January 2012 to Present
- Materials Manager at APhase II Inc
- Warehouse Lead at Casa Grande Elementary School District
- Forman/Shift Supervisor at Woco Automotive
- Sales representative, Assistant manager at Belle Tire
7 years at this Job
- Associates of General Studies - General Studies
Hicksville, N.Y. (15 - 24 MM/yr)
Precision Stamping and Mechanical Assembly: Precious and Base Metal Contacts
Wire Brush Assembly. Electro-Mechanical Contact Assembly.
Materials Manager (3/99 - Present)
Supervise 2 Buyer / Planners
• Enter, Schedule, and Maintain all W/O's and P.O.'s.
• Track and Expedite Work Orders through manufacturing.
• Quote, Purchase, and Expedite Purchase Orders.
• Interface with Sales and Engineering as required.
• Resolve accounts payable invoice problems. Supervise Warehouse Manager -- 4 employees who perform all functions related to Receiving and Inventory Control:
• Responsible for all Inventory and Purchase Order transactions using Visual Manufacturing MRP software.
• Reconcile material issued, parts produced, and scrap reported.
• Due to the high intrinsic value of precious raw materials, inventory is completed each month.
• Base Metal inventory is controlled using reorder points. Supervise Shipping Manager - 3 employees who perform all shipping related functions:
• Final "qty. shipped to customer" count verification.
• Pack as directed using part specific packaging instructions.
• Confirm parts passed Final Inspection and Quality Certificates enclosed.
• Execute Shipping Transactions using Visual Manufacturing software.
• Generate barcode labels and shipping documents.
• Review and distribute shipping reports.
- Materials Manager at Micro Contacts, Inc
- Senior Planner at Micro Contacts, Inc
- Israeli material contractor at Newmax Electro - Optical Devices
- at Aircraft Parts, Inc
19 years, 10 months at this Job
- - Business Administration and Computers
As Materials Manager I was responsible for the daily Manufacturing Schedule (MPS) as it related to the sales forecast, release of Manufacturing Orders and the introduction of Scheduling/Material Handling practices to the facilities. Provide my experience to bring the company to a Finished Goods positive position and work though the large Backorder condition they were in. Provide my systems knowledge to update reporting for a more consistent Material view of what was needed in absences of an MRP system. Provide system recommendations and training for the facility on MRP in general preparing for an update to the current Microsoft Dynamics GP system. Provide system testing for that Upgrade to insure a smooth transition
• Introduced and executed Scheduling Practices based on capacities/capabilities of each Manufacturing Line (11 Lines)
• Implemented the Manufacturing Module to the Microsoft Dynamics GP system. This included, training Materials, system Training, and Engineering training on the use of the Item Cards/Item Master in order to input correctly to the system.
• Implemented the Outsourcing MO Process whereby materials that needed secondary outside operations could be managed through the Manufacturing order vs Inventory transactions.
• Introduced and executed Material handling practices that provided a steady flow of manufacturing orders that minimized down time to each line and moved resources when necessary to manage congested areas.
• Through these practices reduced Backorders from 2.5M down to 700K through positive FG quantities available to sell through and provide to distributors.
• Introduced and executed tracking methods for performance against the Forecast.
• Brought monthly output from 22,000 Shocks per month to a consistent 28,000 shocks per month though timely release of MO's and improved Material handling.
• Created training classes for the Basics of Material Requirements Planning (MRP), Manufacturing Resource planning (MRP II), and Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). These classes included but was not limited to: Logic behind MRP, examples of each and how they would apply to our business practices, Implementation needs in order to move to the three stages.
- Materials Manager at Arnott Air Suspension Products
- Manager of Materials and Repairs at L-3 Communications Linkabit
- Director of Materials and Logistics / General Manager at MSI of Central Florida
- Project Manager at MC Assembly
4 years at this Job
- Spring Lake, MI
A custom wire harness and electo-mechanical boxbuild manufacturer serving OEM's in the medical, data communications, and other industries.
Materials Manager - responsible for Purchasing, Production Planning, Customer Service, and Inventory Control teams.
• Developed and implemented multiple tools for Capacity Planning including earned hours analysis, forecasting module, and production planning strategy.
• Improved customer OTD from 93.7% to 99.7% 12 month averages.
• Created new small package and LTL Freight strategy saving 40% annually.
• Created new packaging strategy involving both MI and NY locations saving 33% annually.
• Wrote custom SQL queries and created/deployed the following custom reports: WIP, material shortages, PPV, aged inventory, and NCM inventory used across all departments.
• Managed business activities with Mexican operations involving onsite audits, consigned inventory, and online weekly meetings.
• Reduced production inventory 33% and increased Inventory Turns 65% since June 2011
• Engaged in multiple supply agreements with strategic suppliers including kanban and min/max methods.
• Created and implemented Cycle Counting program removing need for annual physical inventory and improving overall inventory accuracy.
- Materials Manager at Global Technologies
- Senior Buyer / Material Planner at Medallion Instrumentation Systems
- Senior Regional Material Quotation Analyst / Business Unit Buyer at Jabil Circuit, Inc
7 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.A. - Operations and Purchasing Management
Promoted to various leadership roles within Morris Heights Health Care. Spearheaded growth for the company through openings of 20 school-based clinics, four WIC sites, seven clinical additions to hospitals and three storefront offices. Improved the training systems and programs used for incoming employees.
• Lead in various roles: Materials Manager, Purchasing Manager, and Facilities Manager
• Prepared routine reports documenting department orders and spending using Excel, Word, or PowerPoint; participated in the formal and informal presentation of statements.
• Coordinated critical repairs of biomedical equipment.
• Coached incoming personnel on Great Plains Ordering System.
• Monitored information received on company-issued cell phones and created the methods used to release them to employees.
• Coordinated the distribution of critical incoming and outgoing medical equipment.
• Oversaw inventory control and purchasing for various sites.
- Materials Manager at Morris Heights Health Center
- Purchasing Manager at
- Facilities Manager at
- Materials Manager at
7 years at this Job
- High school
Avon Lake, OH (2013-2014)
Thogus is a $25M family owned plastic injection molding company that has been in business for 60 years and employs approximately 150 people. The company specializes in molding highly engineered materials, 3D printing, engineering support, and value added services.
Senior leader with overall responsibilities for supplier performance, inventory control, purchasing, shipping, and receiving.
• Realized purchasing cost savings of $129,000 annualized as well as negotiated cost avoidance of $134,000 annually. Initiated current projects with annual cost savings potential in excess of $435,000
• Opened 30,000 sq. ft. offsite warehouse with overall responsibility for site selection, lease negotiation, plant layout, and material flow between locations to support both our customers and operations.
• Improved inventory turns from 6.8 to 10.1 (trending to 12+) during the 7 months I managed this key performance indicator.
• Established 12 new suppliers for first retail ready product assembly which included importing components from multiple Asian sources.
- Materials Manager at THOGUS PRODUCTS CO
- Director of Human Resources at AMERICAN TANK & FABRICATING CO
- Operations Manager at AMERICAN TANK & FABRICATING CO
- Operations Manager at NOVIS MARINE
1 year at this Job
- Master of Business Administration
- Bachelor of Arts - business/economics