Maintained responsibilities of a traditional media buyer while training as a digital media planner. Handled billing and invoicing. Worked with digital and traditional reps and built relationships. Executed Social Media campaigns on platforms like Facebook and Instagram. Worked with digital media platforms like Double Click by Google and Integral Ad Sciences to plan and maintain digital campaigns. Trafficked creative assets through DCM.
- Media Buyer at MARC USA
- Media Associate at MARC USA
- Account Services Intern at MARC USA
- Account Services Intern at Ronin Advertising
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor's degree - Communication
As a Political Media Buyer at Sage Media, I managed the digital, broadcast, cable, radio, and streaming advertising campaigns for twenty-two general elections and seven primary campaigns across the United States during the 2018 midterm elections. I planned and executed a $3.7 million media plan for the Jared Golden Maine 2nd Congressional campaign, which ended as the most expensive congressional race in Maine history. During my tenure, I worked alongside numerous digital, cable, radio, and broadcast advertising placement firms such Gamut, Katz, Cox Reps, Resonate, etc. to purchase a total of $8.2 million worth of inventory in the 2018 midterms.
- Political Media Buyer at Sage Media Planning and Placement
- Video Investment Associate at Maxus Global
- Public Policy Intern at National Action Network
- Telephone Sales Representative at The Motley Fool
11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Interdisciplinary Studies (Communication, Legal Institutions, Economics, and Government)
Manage local spot and national cable buys with budgets up to $200k per week for various clients such as Progressive, Aetna, and Church & Dwight
● Create and execute quarterly buys in 12 regional markets including negotiating rates
● Monitor weekly and quarterly clearance and budgets to appropriately plan for make goods on media buys
● Develop and maintain relationships with station representatives to better meet client marketing goals and objectives Assistant Media Buyer
● Managed the daily processing of up to 15 Direct Response TV pre-logs and post-logs
● Resolved placement discrepancies to ensure contracted buys are cost-effective and efficient
● Constructed weekly post-buy analysis to determine actual delivery of schedule
- Media Buyer at GroupM
- Administrative Assistant at Shumway Capital
- Assistant to the President at Castle Consulting
- Communications Intern at American Board of Internal Medicine Foundation
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications - Corporate and Public Relations
• Google Display Network/YouTube/Facebook head media buyer.
• Able to generate competitive CPA results at scale.
• Extensive knowledge with running lead gen offers and delivering the highest quality as possible to generate sales.
• Launched, optimized, and scaled campaigns with large budgets of up to $1million per month.
• Ability to create remarketing campaigns on Adwords and Facebook to maximize paid efforts
• Ability to optimize, split test, and scale campaigns for the highest ROI at the lowest cost.
• Able to generate leads/sales with automated bidding and create brand awareness.
- Digital Media Buyer at Confie
- Digital Media Buyer at Random Elements Media
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
As a buyer, I worked directly with vendors across multiple media platforms including broadcast TV, cable TV, terrestrial radio, streaming audio, podcasts, and OTT platforms. These vendors include Hulu, Pandora, NBC Universal, Crown Media, and more. I worked with these vendors to determine which platforms reached our clients’ target audiences most efficiently. Once determining the best media, I negotiated with the vendors to lower rates, incorporate added value options, and developed new advertising options that would generate the greatest ROI. I worked on campaigns for clients such as Consumer Cellular, Humana, Peloton, Leesa, Omaha Steaks, and more.
- Media Buyer at R2C Group
- Advertising Manager at The Daily Evergreen
- Intern at SMITH Advertising Agency
5 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Communication - Emphasis in Advertising
AXIS MARKETING, AUSTIN, TX MEDIA BUYER ASSISTANT (2001-2012) Effectively assisted four media buyers with Traffic and continuity serving a diverse client base including Exercise Programs (P90 X, Slim & 6, Tae Bo) Beach Body and Home Improvement Products. Strategically placed ads on television stations nationwide; used research and analysis models to determine client needs based on product/service and the client's goals/budget Implemented employee handbook for new buyers; available for use on a daily basis as needed; helped increase levels of company profitability. Responsible for front desk customer service; answering phones and greeting clients. Promoted several times by performance based criteria. Additional responsibilities included: assisting business director with accounts payable/receivables. Computer skills include Word and Excel.
- Media Buyer Assistant at Axis Marketing
11 years, 4 months at this Job
• Assist media buyer with buy changes by acting as the liaison between the station representative and the media agency.
• Solve discrepant invoices so that billing can clear payments to stations.
• Act as point of contact for questions regarding scheduling.
- Assistant Media Buyer at Carat USA
- School Partnerships Manager & Program Assistant at Language Stars and Little Linguists Academy
- Marketing and Design Intern at Nomi Network
- Public Relations Director at University Program Board JMU
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - English and French
Researched and sourced the most trending and unique user-generated viral videos. Generated new leads by phone, email and social media pitches. Managed a high volume of digital video assets and documents in a fast-paced environment. Specialized in Japanese content and communications.
- MEDIA BUYER at Jukin Media
- PROJECT COORDINATOR at CBS Digital
- ASSISTANT ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE at Newmark Advertising
- ACCOUNT EXECUTIVE, ADVERTISING at Nikkei America
3 years at this Job
- B.A. - Film Studies & Japanese
- - Languages & Writing Special Project Computer/Internet
Long Form Direct Response Programming Maintain an assertive but relationship oriented buying strategy as a Senior Media Buyer. Proven success in managing high-volume media buys and demonstrated knowledge in technology and strategies behind media buying and planning. Consistently work to achieve campaign Cost Per Action (CPA) and Indicators goals while managing margin and Return on Investment (ROI). Bill 200K to 600K weekly, managing 1,000 plus telecasts. First company employee with 25 consecutive years of loyalty. * Locate, purchase, negotiate and optimize media space and terms that meet client ROI goals. Product categories include beauty, health, fitness, weight loss, house wares, education and business opportunity including debt relief, seminars and real estate. * Manage 180+ stations including broadcast, regional and national properties for English and Spanish markets maintaining media management to maximize client and agency profitability. * Driven to bring optimal revenue opportunities through purchasing at lowest Cost Per Output (CPO) and highest Media Efficiency Radio (MER). * Conduct weekly ROI analysis; analyze 1,000 to 2,000 telecasts and create comprehensive reports pertaining to successful media placement. * Proactively implement creative solutions to increase profitability, including attaining new and nontraditional time periods securing no charges, retroactive rate reductions, guarantees and creating successful packages of time. * Develop and implement strategies and policies integral to the continued agency success; streamlined reporting capabilities of a proprietary database, provided daily budget updates for the department and implemented the production and submission of weekly buyer summaries. * Train and mentor media buying personnel in best business practices and successful customer relationship management strategies. * Interact with internal departments including invoicing, traffic, short form, IT, account services, and campaign logistics.
- Senior Media Buyer at Havas Edge
26 years at this Job
- A.A. - Liberal Arts
Advertising Agency Senior Marketing/Media Specialist (Sr. Buyer/Planner/Research)
Buying & Planning Media - Marketing - Merchandising- Research- Community Outreach
Highly skilled professional with an extensive background specializing in development and execution of strategic media buying and planning across wide groups of advertising mediums including television, cable, radio, newspaper, consumer/trade publications, and direct response. Professional background includes both traditional offline media, and emerging online venues. Experience with numerous Fortune 500 companies, most recently Winmark Corporation. Also leading advertising agencies such as StarCom/MediaVest, DMB&B, and Storandt/Pann/Margolis. Experience identifying and evaluating new media opportunities to support marketing strategies. Well versed in traditional and emerging media forms. Over-delivered on media buys while remaining under budget consistently; excellent post-analysis record of 90%+ post-delivery. Proven ability to simplify media strategies to non-media clients.
Key accomplishments include:
• Evaluated local cable systems geographically and demographically to identify media opportunities on top-rated cable networks for a Fortune 500 Company. Campaign reached a very select target audience through tight prime orbits on preferred national networks and heavy schedules on locally-produced programs. Trading area was effectively targeted by zip code and with enough frequency to drive up unit sales 33% during a key sales window. Budget savings allowed for direct mail piece and in store point of sale merchandising.
• A large medical center needed to reach two diverse target audiences equally in support of the opening of a new cardiac unit in the medical center. The challenge here was to reach these two important demographic groups equally and raise awareness of the new facility within the community with a modest budget. Identified "crossover" media users to help the facility reach these two diverse target audiences successfully. These two audiences access media across multiple platforms, engaging in print, on-line, and radio consumption. The successful campaign "Healthy Hearts for all Generations", exceeded all set goals. The campaign raised community awareness to unprecedented levels, while increasing patient enrollment in various programs offered by 28% versus year ago levels.
• Developed and executed a media plan to introduce city-wide blue bag recycling program to a broad target audience in a large metropolitan area. Utilized local news programming and public service ads to motivate and educate the consumer. Participation in recycling program grew to 23% of total metropolitan households and surpassed a national average by 15% for similar recycling rollouts.
- FREELANCE MEDIA BUYER/PLANNER at Numourous media companies and advertising agencies
- Senior Media Buyer/Planner at OMNI ADVERTISING
- Senior Media Specialist at Starcom/MediaVest
- Associate Broadcast Director at Miller Brewing Company
9 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration