Taking medical histories, Explaining treatment procedures to patients, Preparing patients for examination, Assisting the physician during exams, Collecting and preparing laboratory specimens, Performing basic laboratory tests, Instructing patients about medication and special diets, Preparing and administering medications as directed by a physician, Transmitting prescription refills as directed, Drawing blood, Taking electrocardiograms, Removing sutures and changing dressings. Also I am Certified in Biote Hormone Replacement, Viveve rejuvenation, Exilis Skin tightening and fat reduction.
- Certified Medical Assistant at Innovations In Women's Health
- (Assistant Office Manager) Back Office at Medi Weight loss Clinics
- Certified Medical Assistant at Pinnacle Medical Management
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- - Medical Assistant
Patient privacy and confidentiality
● Medical records management 01/2018 - Current
● Charting and clinical documentation
● Clerical duties, such as word processing, data entry, answering
● Assisting with physical exams phones and filing.
● Monitoring patient progress
● Obtained accurate medical histories from patients, highlighting critical
● Lab equipment operation information.
● Electronic health records
● Implemented care and efficiency improvements to support and
● Workers Compensation enhance office operations.
● Dispense medications under Doctor's
● Entered patient, procedure and equipment into computer system. directions
● Maintained detailed records of test results by entering data and
● FAA, DOT, and pre-employment patient information into computer. physicals
● Submitted prescriptions to pharmacy via phone, fax or web.
● Drug and breath alcohol screening
● Ensured collection of lab specimens by appropriate lab courier.
● Agility Test
● Assisted physicians in follow-through of care.
● Collaborated with medical and administrative personnel to maintain a patient-focused, engaging and compassionate environment.
● Monitored test accuracy using quality controls. Education
- Goldenshore Medical - Medical Assistant at Medical Assistant
- Medical Assistant at Molina Healthcare Inc
- Oriented and trained new staff on proper procedures and policies at Nova Institute
1 year at this Job
- High school
General duties included taking vitals of patients; weight, height, blood pressure, etc. Administered injections, and did vital test the doctor requested, also collected specimens for lab orders, including blood draws. Referral duties include but not limited to contacting other offices and scheduling the patients for appointments. Training new MA externs. Calling in medications into the pharmacy. Obtain prior authorizations for medications as well as for medical procedures. Verify insurance benefits and provider coverage. Checking in and out patients, scheduling them for follow up appointments.
- Medical Assistant at Family Medical Assistant
- Front Desk Clerk / Night Auditor at Imperial Swan Hotel and Suites
- Inventory Specialist at RGIS
- Production Technician at Kelly Services
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- AS - Medical Assisting
i worked at Highgate senior living but not as a medical assistant but as a medication assistant I passed medication and did insulin injections
Im a medication assistant not a medical assistant. My duties require me to pull medication and pass them to each individual resident, I do blood pressure's, blood sugar checks which included insulin injections i also check 02levels and weights. I have done wound care and ordered medications.
- Medical Assistant at i worked at Highgate senior living but not as a medical assistant but as a medication assistant I passed medication and did insulin injections
6 years, 8 months at this Job
- Some high school
As an on-call office assistant, my schedule is flexible. I am in charge of contacting professional medical facilities regarding patient’s health care. I can navigate my way through the phone with health insurance companies to get prior authorization for patients medical needs etc. Because I’m on-call, I’m updated with the current medical office policies to take on whatever tasks within my realm of practice.
- On Call Medical Assistant at EB Medical Assistant
- Receptionist at EB Medical Clinic
- Sales Associate at Foreign Exchange Clothing - Sale Associates
- Private Tutor at
4 years, 4 months at this Job
• Support four physicians in a fast paced and dynamic medical practice that operates six days a week at two separate locations.
• Strive to provide the best medical care possible for an average of 40 to 60 patients daily.
• Telephonically contacting and obtaining authorization from insurances.
• Recording patients' vital signs, medical history and personal information into EMR system.
• Verifying insurance, collecting copays and coordinating referrals.
• Preforming clerical/administrative duties. Providing patients with critical information while answering the Emergency Line.
• Responsible for sterilization of all of surgical instruments, Ordering, scanning and dispensing orthotics.
• Casting for braces, sending to the casts to lab services and dispensing the prosthetics to patients.
• Setup for diagnostic and technical treatment procedures and various Medical Equipment Apparatus (i.e. Ultrasound, X-ray, Shockwave, Fungal Nail Laser Lights) as delegated by licensed professional.
• Assisting in minor in-office surgeries and procedures (I, e T&C, P &A, Laser Wart Nail Fungal Removal, Diabetic Ulcer Repairs.
• Providing pre/post-up wound care as well as routine foot and ankle care.
• Changing dressing, applying soft /hard casts, braces, surgical shoes, gel inserts, DME products, scanning and fitting custom orthotics and compressive stockings.
• Assisting patients with ambulation and crutch-walking and explaining treatment plan information (i.e. socking cleaning/ special diet instructions, prescription/medication usage and physical therapies routines).
- Medical/Surgical Assistant at Podiatry Foot & Ankle Institute at Hackensack University Medical Center
- Medical Assistant-Externship at Centro Buena Salud
- Sales Representative/Jewelry Department at JC Penney
- Receptionist/Tax preparer at H & Block
9 months at this Job
- Medical Assistant Certification
- - Advanced English Writing
Assisting patients to examination room
• Interviewing patients obtaining Vitals (Pulse, Oximetry, Temperature, Blood Pressure, Weight, Height)
• Assisting with EKG reports
• perform Injections
• Collect Blood Samples, Specimens and Swabs
• 3 years of experience with blood draws from patients, and preparing them for Laboratory Analysis
• Send out Prescriptions for patients via Phone or Fax
• Medical Terminology
• Greeting Patients
• Greeting Patients
• Answering Phones
• Taking Messages
• X rays
- Medical Assistant at Sarasota medical assistant
- Resident Aide at Sunshine meadows assisted living facility
- EXTERNSHIP at Stove & Stove M.D P.A Internal Medicine Associates
- Counselor at Roy Mcbean Boys& Girls Club
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Diploma - Medical Assisting
- High school Diploma
- Certified Medical Assistant at Northborough Medical
- Medical Assistant at Reliant Medical Group
- Medical Assistant at Charles River Medical Associates
- Phlebotomist at Marlborough Hospital
11 months at this Job
- Medical Assistant - Medical Assistant
- certified medical assistant
Several students who are completing this program, are seeking employment as Medical Assistants in the San Diego metro area. These highly-skilled, reliable and hard-working students have completed a comprehensive on-site training and education program at the local CSU campus.
These motivated Medical Assistants will be available for new employment beginning February 2019.
Benefits of interviewing these new entry-level Medical Assistants:
• These Medical Assistants will be certified as Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA)
• These Medical Assistant students will have successfully completed a 6 month program and are ready to start a new career
• Background checks and drug screens will be completed prior to February 2019 if required These Medical Assistant candidates will have the following skills:
• Prepare the office for a patient encounter
• Understanding of medical and surgical asepsis
• Administer various types of medication
• Measure vital signs
• Help the physician in minor surgery including the identification of surgical supplies and equipment and maintaining a sterile field
• Understanding concepts of infection control, patient safety, OSHA blood borne pathogen standards, and body mechanics
• Initiate, maintain, and discontinue a peripheral IV
• Assist in a medical emergency
• Apply the basic electrophysiologic principles of cardiac conduction to the anatomy and physiology of the body
• Identify proper placement of leads to ensure an accurate and consistent EKG reading
• Evaluate various EKG rhythm strips following established normal criteria for each of the wave forms and intervals
• Analyze a variety of EKG rhythm strips, identifying rate, rhythm and intervals
• Analyze a variety of EKG rhythm strips for common dysrhythmias
• Electrophysiologic principles of cardiac conduction to the anatomy and physiology of the body
• Accurate and consistent EKG reading
• Perform a 12-lead EKG test
• Specimen collection procedures
• Diagnostic imaging, analysis of urine, analysis of blood, and microbiology Contact us today to find out how you can interview and select from this highly qualified pool of Medical Assistant candidates! [email protected] 866-696-0181
- Clinical Medical Assistant at A local California State University
at this Job
- High school
- Medical Assistant at Advocate Medical Group
- Medical Assistant at Western Springs Family Practice
- Medical Assistant at Dr. Melvin Glick, M.D
- Front Desk Receptionist at Union League Boys&Girls Club
3 months at this Job
- - Medical Assistant