Work in IMS to code/bill for patient visits, procedures, operations, and hospital consults for ER visits. Coding patient treatments using ICD-10, CPT and HCPCS books. Receive insurance and patient payments and apply to patient accounts. Communicate with insurance and patients to improve clean claim processing. Filing appeals - which includes searching reasons for denial, collecting documentation, review medical records, and filing out appeal forms. Greet and check-in patients, create medical records/paper charts. (Medical Reception and Billing/Coding from April 2015 to December 2016 then full time Billing/Coding to Present).
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at BILLING & CODING, MEDICAL RECEPTION
- SERVICE TECHNICIAN/OFFICE ADMINISTRATION at PATRIOT TELECOM
- ACCOUNTANT at INFINITE HOME PRESERVATION
- ACCOUNTANT at COLDWELL BANKER PREMIER
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- Health Care Coding Technician Certificate - Medical Coding / Billing
- - Telecommunications Business Administration
• Molding black rubber parts
• Cutting material to length
• Mold handling
- Molding Press Operator, Greene Tweed, Kulpville, PA at
- Mail Inspector at Vanguard Group
- Printing Press Feeder Operator at Gemalto Inc
- Public Safety Officer at Penn Presbyterian Medical Center
9 months at this Job
- Certificate of Completion (NHA) - Medical Billing & Coding
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist with over 25 years' experience providing administrative and patient
support in hospital and medical office settings. Advanced knowledge of private insurance process and coding outpatient setting. Current up to date CEU status Beaumont Health Dearborn, MI
Clinical Coding Specialists, Revenue Coding Compliance 08/2014-Present
• Resolve facility/professional coding edits in claim, account and review work-que. Charges include Outpatient surgeries, multiple lab charge edits, IV Infusion, EKG and, radiology edits
• Resolve Biller questions on accounts via email, using Outlook application
• Work immunization claim work-que apply appropriate administration charge on inpatient, outpatient, ED OBS, Newborn and Infusion Service accounts.
• Level ED Charge Capture accounts using points calculator, coding Facility, Professional and DX, via Provider note; HCPCS, Infusion, hydrations, IVP administrations of Medications via the MAR. Query physicians when missing provider documentation in timely manner.
• Editing 340b pharmacy charges using GPO calculator on all CMS patient accounts. Open Self-Service tickets with Help-Desk to resolve IT issues.
• Train and orient new employees to HIM department, provide one on-one face to face training to resolve compliance coding edits, multiple claim, account and review work-que patient accounts, via EPIC system
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at Beaumont Health
- member at Professional Affiliations AHIMA
- Health Record Analyst, PSL Integration Project at University of Michigan Health System
- Coding Compliance Analyst at Michigan Peer Review Organization (MPRO)
4 years, 10 months at this Job
* R.M.C.- Registered Medical Coder-Certificate Attached * Professional Medical Billing Specialist specifically experienced & trained in several Provider Specialties, Insurance Company Denials, Appeals & Aggressive Follow Up * Medical Coding & Billing of In-Patient Facility/Hospital services & Out-Patient Facility/ Office services to insurance companies & patients * In-Patient surgery, Out-patient surgery, Hospitalists, Internal Medicine, Infectious Disease, Wound Care, Podiatry, Gastroenterology, Orthopedic Surgery, Nephrology, Ear, Nose & Throat, Family Practice, Physical, Occupational and Speech CPT, ICD-10 * Accurate & Detailed coding including proper modifiers, POS, TOS coding techniques & rules * Software Experience including Health Pac, Practice Fusion, Kareo, Healogics (I-Heal), Collaborate MD, GE Centricity, E-Clinical, MD Versaform, SuperCoder * Observe attentively & diligently for incorrect adjustments including PPO & Non-PPO by insurance companies according to Provider contract rates & ensure accuracy of their payments to maximize collections * Extensive, detailed knowledge of every insurance company Nationwide, including valuable personal contacts * Aggressive follow up on delinquent payments (30 days) from insurance companies & overdue patient balance accounts * Answer all billing questions to patients & insurance companies in a very professional & courteous manner in person & on telephone * Credentialing, Negotiating & Re-Negotiating of insurance contracts with insurance companies on behalf of Providers to determine the maximum amount of allowable charges & to maximize collections * HIPAA Certified * Continuing Education * Typing Speed: 90 w.p.m.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at A & H Billing, Inc.
at this Job
- Diploma - Business
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at Hinsdale Foot and Ankle Specialist - Dr. Kevin Salvino, DPM
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- - Medical Billing and Coding
- - Licensed Practical Nursing
- - Certified Nursing Assistant
- - Pre-Nursing
Post payments from insurance companies. Correct and resubmit claim denials. Work and minimize company aging report. Verify, correct and submit daily office claims. Code office visits billing daily. Verify, correct and submit inpatient and outpatient hospital claims from three different hospitals. Code inpatient and outpatient billing daily. Expertly write appeal letters to insurance companies. Proficient in ICD-10 coding. Proficient in CPT 4. Proficient in HCPCS. Work with Microsoft Works on a daily basis. Work with electronic medical health records Centricity daily.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at PEDIATRIC GASTROENTEROLOGY AND NUTRITION
- Medical Biller and Coder at Asthma Allergy & Immunology
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Associate - Medical Billing and Coding
- Diploma - Medical Billing and Coding
Maintenance of Patients records and insurance carriers files Usage of proper CPT Codes and ICD 9 coding with modifiers. Posting charges for clinical, hospital, home health and nursing home. Timely submission of electronic and paper claims to medical insurance and other third party carriers and forwarding itemized bills to patients. Posting of payments to individual patients accounts. Follow up with insurance and other carriers regarding any denials. Revise fee schedules for individual practice according to the insurance reimbursement. Attending seminars and keeping update with any current changes the medical billing and coding aspect.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at Billing Concepts Inc
14 years, 5 months at this Job
- Certification - Medical Billing and Coding
- Masters - Information Systems
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at Yonkers Medical Billing, Inc.
- HR & Computer Technician at New Byte Tech, LLC
- HR Specialist & Computer Technician at New Computech, LLC
8 months at this Job
- Master's - Human Resources Management
- Associate Degree - Information Technology
- Bachelor's - Science
Providing billing coding to providers also surgeons for office, inpatient, outpatient and Ambulatory surgery
Centers and credentialing and compliance management. Responsibilities
• Preparing and Processing claims
• Obtained authorizations for surgical and diagnostic procedures
• Verifying Diagnostic and procedure coding consistent with documentation
• Correcting rejected claims
• Follow-up on unpaid claims over 30 days
• Processing and reviewing daily and monthly reports.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at H&R Billing Service LLC
- Medical Billing Specialist at E5 Workflow
- Medical Billing Specialist at CIMA
- Medical Billing Specialist (Externship) at Lansing Neurosurgery & Compass Rehab
11 months at this Job
- - medical
• Provides administration support to physicians by interpreting data to assign ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes, entering CPT codes and patient information into billing software systems
• Follows, maintains, manages and updates currency on coding and procedures, best practices and diagnosis and code lists.
• Review and validates accuracy of charges including, but not limited to dates of service, services provided, location, patient identification and provider signature.
• Demonstrates in-depth knowledge and understanding of accounts receivables, calculating deductibles, health insurance companies and reimbursement of billing, drafting appeal letters, ICD 9, ICD 10, PCS 10, HCPCS and CPT Coding.
• Completes and submits CMS-1500 forms
• Transcribe and document physician's orders and patient care notes.
• Manages patient records and files while reinforcing and upholding patient confidentiality as required by HIPPA.
• Entered all charges and sent out statements. Applied all payments received by insurance, patients and credit agencies to accounts.
• Greet and check in patients. Collect their personal, medical and insurance information.
• Schedule, reschedule and verify patient appointments on a day to day basis.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at Antioch Medical Associates
- Front and Back Office Medical Assistant at Cooper Medical Group
10 years at this Job
- High School Diploma