Medical professional, certified as a Medical Billing and Coding Specialist. Knowledgeable of patient privacy laws as well as HIPPA rules and regulations. Familiar with medical terminology as well as common abbreviations. Work Experience & Accomplishments Medical Billing and Coding Specialist Private-Care Medical Billing and Coding Stratford, CT 02/2018-Current Specialist
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at Private-Care Medical Billing and Coding
- Medical Billing Specialist at
- Call Center Representative at Eastern Accounts
- Site Coordinator at ABCD Light House Program
11 months at this Job
- - Criminal Justice
Responsible for accurate flow of medical information and patient data between physicians, patients and third-party payers, collect on delinquent accounts, establishing payment plans, ensure all codes are current and active, report missing or incomplete documentation, meet daily coding production, perform accurate charge entries, be a resource regarding insurance resolutions and coding questions, enter copays/balances/charge posting, resolve billing errors, accounts payable/receivable, insurance verification/correct HIN, updating insurances.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at MEDICAL BILLING AND CODING, MBR solutions
- General Laborer at Live well custom homes
- OFFICE MANAGER at LONG LAKE PODIATRY
- Production Associate/supervisor at G&G Industries
4 years at this Job
- Certified Professional Coder
- - MEDICAL RECORDS
• MRA Analyst, Monitor and track audit findings and corrective action plans and ensure all deficiencies are reported and corrected.
• Educate clinicians and non-clinician office staff on coding guidelines, documentation standards, and appropriate Medicare Risk Adjustment (MRA) procedures.
• Provide clinically based concurrent and retrospective review of outpatient medical records. Evaluate the utilization and documentation of care services.
• Correctly coded and billed medical claims. Claims paperwork, documentation and system entry.
• Adeptly managed a multi-line phone system and pleasantly greeted all patients.
• Verified patients' eligibility and claims status with insurance agencies.
• Diligently filed and followed up on third party claims.
• Assigned appropriate medical codes.
• Reviewed, analyzed and managed coding of diagnostic and treatment procedures contained in outpatient medical records.
• Researched CPT and ICD-10 coding discrepancies for compliance and reimbursement accuracy.
• Maintained strict patient and physician confidentiality.
• Actively maintained current working knowledge of CPT and ICD-10 coding principles, government regulation, protocols and third party requirements regarding billing.
• Interacted with providers and other medical professionals regarding billing and documentation policies, procedures and regulations.
• Accurately posted and sent out all medical claims.
• Precisely evaluated and verified benefits and eligibility.
• Identified and resolved patient billing and payment issues.
• Confidently and adeptly handled claim denials and/or appeals.
• Conscientiously reviewed medical record information to identify appropriate coding based on CMS HCC categories.
• Professionally and courteously verified appointment times with patients.
• Correctly coded and billed medical claims.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at CMBS Complete Medical Billing Service
- Specialist Family Medicine, Paraisópolis, Minas Gerais, Brazil at HMO, Medicare, Medicaid
- Family Practice Physician at
2 years at this Job
- - Specialist
- Doctor - Medicine
I was a medical billing and coding specialist and also helped out in other areas in the office such as front desk and marketing. I was responsible for filing patients records and receiving payments.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at Health 1st center
- Medical Billing Specialist at
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Medical billing and coding certification - Medical billing and coding
- Some college
Medical Billing and Coding Specialist with experience in handling patient services, document patient s records, following all aspect of medical standards and procedures.
Background include Home health Care, ICU and working in a Hospital environment.
Strong organizational skills, software expertise and the ability to work well with people.
Executive Care LLC - Home Health Care Provider (November 2013 - Present)
• Monitor patient condition by observing physical and mental condition, intake and output, and exercise.
• Record patient information by making entries in the patient journal; notify nursing supervisor of changes and/or
• Unusual conditions.
• Assist patients by providing personal services, such as, bathing, dressing, and grooming.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at Executive Care LLC
- Home Health Care Aide at Home Health Services by Yolanda
- ICU Unit Secretary at Triumph Health Care
5 years, 2 months at this Job
- AAS - Medical Office Specialization
with working knowledge of Medisoft, medical terminology, HIPAA, Medicare and Medicaid, TRICARE, and government laws and regulations.
- Certified Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at Medical Billing and Coding
- Personal Caretaker at
- Hair Stylist at
1 year at this Job
Certified Professional Coder
• Reviews medical records for accuracy and completeness, assigns the proper diagnostic and procedural codes necessary for billing
• Ensure all assigned CPT and ICD codes meet federal, legal and insurance regulations so payments are obtained in a timely fashion
• Communicate and educate health care providers to ensure they are up to date on all coding and insurance regulations and guidelines Medical Billing Specialist
• Review claims to ensure all eligible services are billed
• Enter all charges into computerized health information technology (HIT) system - AS400
• Ensure all electronic claims are submitted without errors and in a timely manner
• Review all payments for accuracy and credit patient accounts accordingly
• Review denials and partially paid claims and work with the involved parties to resolve the discrepancy
• Maintain physician group cash sheets and ledgers
• Opening, sorting and routing incoming mail. Preparing and sending outgoing mail.
• Perform a variety of administrative duties necessary for the job including copying, filing, faxing, scanning, emailing and customer service.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at MEDTECH BILLING SERVICES
- Unit Secretary/Patient Care Technician at MEMORIAL HOSPITAL - LOS BANOS
12 years at this Job
- 41 total earned credits - cumulative GPA 3.40 - General Education, Psychology, Medical Terminology
- High school
Maintenance of Patients records and insurance carriers files Usage of proper CPT Codes and ICD 9 coding with modifiers. Posting charges for clinical, hospital, home health and nursing home. Timely submission of electronic and paper claims to medical insurance and other third party carriers and forwarding itemized bills to patients. Posting of payments to individual patients accounts. Follow up with insurance and other carriers regarding any denials. Revise fee schedules for individual practice according to the insurance reimbursement. Attending seminars and keeping update with any current changes the medical billing and coding aspect.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at Billing Concepts Inc
14 years at this Job
- Certification - Medical Billing and Coding
- Masters - Information Systems
Private physician/Doctor’s office medical billing and coding.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at FAMILY MEDICAL ASSOCIATES
- Travel RN at Titan Medical Staffing
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Associate - Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- Associate - Nursing
Chiropractic Medical Billing and Coding. Billing of PIP (Personal Injury protection) Chiropractic claims. Review claims for proper payment and patient copays. Insurance collections activity on behalf of the provider. Review of practice AR for posting payments and credits. Credentialing for the Medicaid 2019 year for the practice. Assist new and reoccurring patients with scheduling/rescheduling of appointments. Key Holder/Alarm Code Holder. Assist with Vital Signs, Ultra Sound, and Electro- Stimulation techniques to aid Message Therapists.
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at Bay Area Healthcare and Wellness Center
- Assistant Manager at AHF/Out of The Closet Thrift Store
- Front Desk Manager/HR Manager/ Courier at MIDA Industry
- Patient Financial Services Coordinator at Diagnostic Clinic
9 months at this Job
- - Massage Therapy
- Bachelor's - Metaphysics