• Communicate with customers and health providers over phone and in person on a daily basis in regards to problems with billing such as mis-stated billing codes, informing clients about insurance, accounts, and answering any questions clients may have.
• Compose and respond to emails in a timely manner for insurance, health providers, and coworkers, in regards to troubleshooting, information, necessary documents, and regular communication, in accordance with HIPAA regulations.
• File sensitive documents, create and send claims to insurance using billing codes, troubleshoot accounting issues and track accounts, problem solve unusual or irregular issues, call insurance to verify benefits, reach out to clients, and credential providers with insurance.
- Medical Billing Assistant at Sunrise Medical Billing
- Household Personal Assistant for Elderly at Self-Employed
- at United Postal Service
- Instructor's Assistant at East West Martial Arts
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Interdisciplinary Visual Art and Art History
- Bachelor in Arts - Graphic Design
- Associates in Arts
• Insurance Billing
• Posting of insurance payments.
• Responsible for aged A/R collections
• Appeal filing experience.
• Follow up with insurance companies on claim issues.
• Medical Records submission to insurance company when requested on timely basis.
- Medical Billing Assistant at Gemini Billing
- OHPG Scheduling Coordinator at Orlando Health
- Ophthalmic Medical Assistant/Tech at Orange Eye Center
- Ophthalmic Assistant at Florida Eye Clinic
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associate in Science
Plastics and Reconstructive Surgeries)
• Performed Claims status by Carrier website and by telephone
• Review EOB's for non-standard Fee Schedule reductions
• Assist in the process of reconciling insurance payments, research and resolve incorrect payments, EOB rejections, appeals and other issues with outstanding accounts.
• Performed Data Entry / Charge Entry, Medical billing for ambulatory outpatient surgery center and office consults
- Medical Billing Assistant at RBS Billing Services
- Billing Clerk II at Mission City Community Network, Inc
- Patient Service Rep II at Queens Care Health Centers
- Pre Authorization Specialist at Advanced Bionics
3 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Arts - Medical Billing and Claims
Processed Medical Billing Claims for Custom Compression Garments and Orthotics.
• Generated invoices for hospital billing
• Follow-ups and correspondence with insurance companies
• Handled patient calls and information
• Entered patient documentation for billing claims
• Processed payments from hospitals
• Generated patient intake forms and office forms for administrative purposes
• Processed patient credit card payments
• Handled month-end close for billing in Futura billing software
• Helped generate $300,000.00 to $400,000.00 in collections each month
- Medical Billing Assistant at D & J Medical LLC
- Lead Administrator at Robert Half International Inc
- Administrative Assistant at Westlake Builders Inc
- Office Assistant at Medical Professional Services Inc
6 years, 4 months at this Job
• Interview patients and answer any concerns or questions to complete insurance and privacy forms
• Receive dental insurance co-payments and apply amounts paid towards patients account
• Enter patient demographic and insurance information into the medical claim software using medical billing codes
• Interpret and process (post) Explanation of Benefits (EOB's), co-pays, coinsurance and deductibles
• Research, prepare, correct dental appeals and re-submit denied claims
- Dental Medical Billing Assistant at Silverstein & Vinciguerra, LLP
- Senior Undergraduate Internship at Northwell Health/ Long Island Jewish Valley Stream
- Dental Assistant at Cosmetic and Laser Dental Studio
- Summer Undergraduate Intern at Craig Scott Capital
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- - Psychology
- High School Diploma
• Billing for Medicaid and Care source.
• Medical billing for meals on wheels program.
• Answer/retrieve phone calls and messages.
• Input staff time information into database (Excel spreadsheet).
• Administrative duties as needed.
• Distribute office mail.
• Maintain appropriate log books for company.
- Medical Billing Assistant at Collaboration Station, Nonprofit Organization
- Entrepreneur at Kincaid's Kindred Spirits, Inc
- Process Team Lead, Process Administrator, Process Specialist at Huntington National Bank
- Cashier at Huntington National Bank
1 year at this Job
- - Business Management
Assisted medical billers by pulling time cards from Outlook emails and fax and attached to invoices for timely invoice processing Timecards that were submitted by emails and efax were converted to PDF, if necessary, then matched and attached to the invoices for billing Excel report was forwarded to me by the medical biller with open invoices containing the information needed to search for the matching/correct time cards This service was done for school specialists, as in PHD's, RN's, psychologists, social workers in school locations and/or multiple campuses all over the country Kept copies and files of all of the matched invoices and timecards for future reference Once completed with the matching of the available time cards for invoices due all of the updated information was entered onto the Excel report Report would be updated and submitted to the biller and the invoices for billing to the customer were processed for payment
- Medical Billing Assistant (Temporary) at Progressus Therapy
- Bilingual Furniture and Bedding Customer Service Agent at Macys Furniture and Bedding Department
- Caregiver at Gulf Coast
- Caregiver at In-Home Supportive Services
1 month at this Job
- AA - Liberal Arts
Preparing ETars for Biller by Going through medical charts for all notes pertaining to GIP stays, MD visits, And Med orders. Also was tasked with checking RN, LVN, CHHA, SW visit notes for any discrepancies for bi monthly billing cycles.
- Medical Billing Assistant at Shangrila Hospice
5 years, 6 months at this Job
Knowledge of medical terminology likely to be encountered in medical claims. Familiarity with CPT and ICD-10 Coding. Competent use of computer systems, software, and 10 key calculators. Checking eligibility and benefits verification for treatments, hospitalizations, and procedures. Preparing, reviewing, and transmitting claims using billing software, including electronic and paper claim processing. Problem-solving skills to research and following up on unpaid claims within standard billing cycle timeframe. Effective communication abilities for phone contacts with insurance payers to resolve any discrepancy in payments if necessary Reviewing accounts for insurance of patient follow-up. Updating billing software with rate changes. Knowledge of insurance guidelines, requirements and systems. Ability to work well in a team environment. Maintaining patient confidentiality. Ability to multitask.
- Medical Billing Assistant at Virginia Family Services
- Call Center Associate at Conquest Communications
- DRIVER at GrubHub
- BABY SITTER at CANNISA CARE
3 months at this Job
- Medical Billing and Coding Certification - Health Science
- High School Diploma
• Medical claim Reviewer/Collector, monitoring reimbursement of payments submitted by four medical clinics managed by this office, using EZ Claim online software.
- Medical Billing Assistant at Sreedhar Chava MD
- Bank Operations Supervisor at Bank of New York Mellon
8 years, 5 months at this Job
- State of California Department of Insurance - Certified Health , Accident & life Agent Exam - CA State Certification to sell Insurance
- - Medical Insurance Billing
- - design
- - Financial Accounting BUSA
- Post- Graduate Diploma in Computer Technology - Computer Technology
- BS degree - Financial Accounting
- Diploma in Banking - Banking