• Submit claims to insurance companies
• Working directly with the insurance company, healthcare provider to get a claim processed and paid
• Reviewing and appealing unpaid and denied claims
• Verifying patients’ insurance coverage
• Handling unpaid accounts
• Run monthly A/R reports Accomplishments I am now able to comprehend the Medical Billing language and able to read medical invoices. Able to work together as a team with other departments to make sure all invoices are paid properly and in a timely matter. I am now aware how passionate I am in my medical field Skills Used Responsible for making sure medical office revenue cycles run smoothly and accurately. Able to develop an eye for detail, great team player and able to possess a professional attitude. I feel very comfortable working in my area of skill and always willing to learn.
- Medical Billing Clerk at A Perfect Medical Billing
- Agent at Alorica at Home
- Health Unit Coordinator at University Medical Center
- Telemarketer at West Telemarketing
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- - Medical Information Specialist
ASA MEDICAL BILLING SERVICES Practice my billing skills by coding with the CPT Codes needed with the right diagnosis code for a Neurologist doctor and a Substance abuse laboratory. I would also register patients in intergy. Fixing denials to be resubmitted for payment.
ASA MEDICAL BILLING SERVICES
Practice my billing skills by coding with the CPT Codes needed with the right diagnosis code for a Neurologist doctor and a Substance abuse laboratory. I would also register patients in intergy.
Fixing denials to be resubmitted for payment.
- MEDICAL BILLING CLERK at ASA MEDICAL BILLING
- CASHIER at KEY FOOD SUPERMARKET
- DATA ENTRY at New Age Multiservices
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- Associate - Paralegal
• Billing of primary and secondary governmental and commercial medical payers for dental charges via paper claims by mail or entered in to respective payer website.
• Collecting on accounts receivables. Carrying our written, telephonic and website appeals.
• Working knowledge of CPT-4/ICD-9 and 10 codes, medical terminology, claims status and appeal status.
• Provide excellent customer service to all payers governmental and commercial.
- Medical Billing Clerk- Senior at UT Health Science Center at San Antonio
- Medical Billing Clerk- Intermediate at Medical Billing-Intermediate
- Medical Accounts Supervisor at Jacobs&Ramirez Allergy Clinic
10 months at this Job
- Medical Billing Clerk at BDP Medical Billing Services
- Senior Consulting Services at Medical Office
- Customer Service/Premium Finance/Partner Co Specialist at Affirmative Insurance Company
- Receptionist/Human Resources Supervisor at Marvell-Tower Insurance Agency, Inc
3 years at this Job
- Diploma - Word Processing Secretary
responsible for compiling billing information and preparing and sending out invoices for physicians
- Medical Billing Clerk at Pinecrest medical billing services
- Merchandiser at Coca cola
- Food mixer at Farmer Brothers Coffee
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Certified engineer - Audio engineering
- High school - General education
- Audio engineering certification
• Medical billing for a multi-specialty medical practice of 200+ physicians located at multiple locations utilizing CPT 4 and ICD-9 coding
• Responsible for medical billing for 6 physicians in Pathology, Podiatry and Dermatology Departments
• Medical billing for Internal Medicine, Hospital, and Surgery Departments
• Utilizations of Misys and EMR software for reviewing eligibility, and updating patient account
- Medical Billing Clerk at Mt. Kisco Medical Group
- Teller at Wachovia
- Demographics Clerk at The Anesthesia Group
- Externship Medical Biller at Middletown Medical Group
9 years, 4 months at this Job
Working in the Accounts Receivable group
• Assisting patients in their billing and claims questions
• Interfacing with various insurance companies verifying eligible and claim status
- Medical Billing Clerk at Cornerstone Medical Group
- Billing Specialist at St John Providence Health System
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Medical Billing
Reception and registration of patients along with all front desk duties; such as requesting / obtaining authorizations and or referrals, Insurance verification and collecting and entering co- pays. Outpatient billing with knowledge of ICD & CPT coding. In charge of commercial billing and collections, accounts receivables with knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid. Also responsible for credentialing all new physicians joining medical group.
- Medical Billing Clerk at HEALTH SUPPORT SERVICES
- SUPERVISOR at PATIENT SERVICES
13 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Business Administration
- - Business Administration
- Vocational - Coding
• 14years experience with remote billing.
• Set up patient information in Medical Program, enter charges daily, and submit claims weekly to the appropriate insurance.
• Track Payments on line and apply to patient's accounts.
• Submit monthly statements of balances due.
• Communication with insurance companies, and attorneys regarding status of claims and payments.
- Medical Billing Clerk at 1950
14 years, 2 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
Completed high volume data entry accounts for new patients and updates for established patients - to include: Insurance Verification, Medical History, and Pre-Assessments to determine level of visit for billing purposes
• Submitted Pre-Determination of Benefits and Appeal Correspondences for claims upon receipt of surgery notifications and/or claim denials
• Collected money for surgical procedures and maintained Daily Edit Logs to ensure proper balancing at the end of each day.
• Handled incoming insurance calls from both patients and insurance companies to assure accuracy of claim filing, accurate coding, and resolved any/all concerns while providing excellent customer service.
• Complete Transmission for all claims in a timely manner while maintain AR reports.
• Maintained quality written/verbal communication skills through daily memos, emails, task alerts, and meeting minutes
• Developed posting system for each entity "Jackson Eye Medical" and Jackson Eye Optical Boutique
- MEDICAL BILLING CLERK at Jackson Eye Associates
- OWNER at Kingdom Quest Learning Center
- PRIOR AUTHORIZATION SPECIALIST / BILLING SPECIALIST at Kingdom Quest Learning Center
- SUPPORT SERVICES CLERK/ COLLECTION REP at Hinds Behavioral Health Services
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- B.S. - Communications
- A.A. - General Studies