472 W M L King Chattanooga, TN Phone Number (423) 624-4800 ext. 100 Medical Billing Clerk 37402 Receptionist
- Receptionist and Medical Billing Clerk at Aim Center
- President and CEO Frederick Pinkard at Pinkard Financial Associates
- Branch Supervisor at Advance America Cash Advance Center
- Sales Associate at Favorite Market
8 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Business Administration
- - Management Certification
Verify accuracy of billing data and revise any errors.
➢ Review and retain medical records to compute fees and charges due.
➢ Prepare bills or invoices, and record amount due for medical procedures and services.
➢ Contact patient to obtain or relay account information.
➢ Follow up on claim submissions assuring maximum disbursements.
- Medical Billing Clerk at Peace of Mind Billing LLC
- Cashier at Food Emporium
- Cashier/Sales Associate/ Stock Associate at Filenes Basement
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Diploma - Medical Billing and Coding
• Promedica/Paramount Billing, Credentialing Database(TEMP) October 2018 - December 2018
• Updated expired state medical licenses and DEA licenses
• Superior Resources, Medical Billing Clerk February 2017 - 8/2018
• Processed & organized all incoming work from clients (payments, insurance claim letters, denials, etc.)
• Dispersed processed work to proper department
• Pulled EOB'S
• Pulled electronic files from payer website
• Prepared deposits for payment posters
• Occasional research
• Answered phone calls and directed to proper department
• Mailed out paper claims and patient statements
• Assisted on special projects ex -client invoices, audit reports
• Ordered all supplies for office
• Organized any parties for office
- Superior Resources, Medical Billing Clerk at Superior resources
- Tj-Maxx, Sales Associate at Vito's Pizza
- Assistant Manager at Vito's Pizza
2 months at this Job
- - Early Childhood Education Program
Job Duty: Data Entry and Organized Files
- Medical Billing Clerk at Raedar Medical Billing
10 months at this Job
* Recorded information necessary to process insurance claims, such as patient insurance, diagnosis, treatment codes, and modifiers. * Ensured claim information was complete and accurate. * Provided knowledgeable responses to patients' inquiries regarding billing, insurance benefits, deductibles, etc. and helped to resolve complaints. * Followed-up with insurance companies on unpaid or rejected claims, resolved billing issues and resubmitted claims. * Posted insurance information and payments using medical claim billing software.
- Medical Billing Clerk at Medical Insurance Services
- at Assurance Health Care
- Server/Bartender at Spicy Noodle Café
5 years at this Job
- Diploma - Planning
Under the supervision of the lead biller I processed statements, keyed data, posted transactions, and verified accuracy of input to reports generated through the use of the EHR software Followed up on submitted claims; monitored unpaid claims, initiated tracers; resubmitted claims as necessary. Contacted and worked with all managed care, commercial and private insurances as well as Medicaid and Medicare for processing and verifying claims
- Medical Billing Clerk Internship at M&M Medical Billing and Collections
- Customer Service Associate at Walgreens Los Angeles CA
- Fragrance Sales Associate at Macy's
- Cashier at Macy's
1 month at this Job
- Diploma - Medical Coding/Health Information
- BA - Business Communication
- Bachelor of Arts
- High School Diploma
Lynbrook, NY August 2013- present
SeniorCare Emergency Medical Services Inc. provides medical transportation services, The Company offers basic life support, disaster management, critical care, and interstate transport services. SeniorCare Emergency Medical Services operates in the United States.
Medical Billing Specialist
• Responsible for the timely submission of technical or professional medical claims to insurance companies and payers such as Medicare and Medicaid.
• Proof read and ensure data quality for reporting and billing financial reports for key Hospitals accounts such as New York University hospital and Long Island Jewish.
• Investigate and conduct research for insurance verification.
• Checking eligibility and benefits verification for treatments, hospitalizations, and procedures.
• Reviewing patient bills for accuracy and obtaining any missing information.
• Preparing, reviewing, and transmitting claims using billing software.
• Answering all patient or insurance telephone inquiries pertaining to assigned accounts.
- Medical Billing Clerk at SeniorCare Emergency Medical Services
- Dispatcher/Supervisor at American Medical Response
- Bus driver at Smithtown Central School District
5 years, 3 months at this Job
Call insurance companies &/or employers to obtain & verify patient coverage Verify & input billing information Print medical records & process claims for mailing or faxing Review accounts for proper payment & make necessary adjustments to balance account Review payments & call insurance companies to discuss payment discrepancies
- Medical Billing Clerk at Southwestern Vermont Medical Center
- Payroll Clerk at Rensselaer County DSS
- Account Clerk at Van Rensselear Manor
- Accounts Payable Clerk at Keeler Motor Car Company
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- AAS - Business Accounting
• I have 9+ months of experience in both home health care and geriatric care billing.
• I work remotely and utilize internet based practice management software to work closely with healthcare providers to help manage their practices.
• I receive physicians' charges via a super bill and submit them electronically through a clearinghouse and directly to insurance carriers.
• I am responsible for all follow up on insurance claims to Medicare, Medicaid and commercial insurance.
• I utilize website portals and interactive voice recognition (IVR) for checking insurance eligibility, claim and payment status, and reasons for denials.
• I review remits, post payments, and generate patient statements.
• I provide physicians with monthly reports of their receivables.
- Medical Billing Clerk at National MD Billing
- Teacher's Aide at Good Shepherd Family Day Care
10 months at this Job
• I have knowledge in using eClinical Works and MediTech.
• Certified with Stericycle.
• Knowledge in medical terminology.
• Making insurance claims for patients seen in office and hospitals admissions.
• charges for patients admitted in the hospital and 3 dialysis clinics.
• Complete insurance checks for next day patients.
• Running and posting ERAs.
• Completing DWOs and CMNs.
• Answering phones and taking messages for the doctors.
• Responsible of recertification of qualifying patients with the ambulance transportation companies
• Entering new patient demographics and insurance information
• Triaging patients
• Completing prior authorizations for medications
• Making sure home health orders are signed by the doctors and faxed back our home health companies.
• Some knowledge and experience with wound care.
- Medical billing clerk at Carolina Medical Center
- Server/bartender at Ruby Tuesday
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school
- High school or equivalent