Supervisor over accounts receivable for Florida, South Carolina, New Jersey, Virginia and Kansas among other states.
● Handles eligibility and patient face sheets input
● Payment Posting
● Handles account receivable and works denials and appeals
● Handles physician office, skilled nursing and assisted living facility billing
● Corrects coding mistakes and resubmission of corrected claims
● Speaks with patients regarding and questions they need addressed
● Worked with Commercial, Medicaid and Medicare payers
- Medical Billing Supervisor at Sammy USA/Professional Billing Innovations
- Patient Account Representative at Encompass Health/HealthSouth CBO
- Medical Billing Specialist at Sammy USA/Professional Billing Innovations
- Front Desk Administrator at Family Podiatry Center
10 months at this Job
- - Psychology
Texas Managing Medical billing team, billing, mailing claims, answering phones, insurance verification, pre authorization for work comp, typing doctor narratives, interpreter for patients, filing appeals with insurance, assisting in rehabilitation of patients.
- Medical Billing Supervisor at Texas Healthcare Neck & Back Dallas
- Collections Manager at Mega Motors
- Receptionist at Balch Springs Family Medical
8 years, 4 months at this Job
- General Equivalency Diploma 1993
• Managing and training three Medical Billers in a busy four physician oncology billing office.
• Preparing daily, monthly and yearly reports.
• Advising physicians monthly concerning patients accounts.
• Demonstrating accuracy with attention to detail producing excellent results.
• All rsquired duties of a medical oncology billing specialist.
- Medical billing supervisor at Hematology Oncology Center
- Medical Billing Specialist at Hematology Oncology Center
- Receptionist/Medical Biller at Erie Shores Orthopedics
3 years, 9 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Supervisor: Carlos H. Gama, M.D. Date Employed 02/16/1996 - 09/20/2006 Description: Coding of CPT, ICD-9, E & M and surgical procedures for the following employees at facility: Two Physicians, one PA and one Nurse Practitioner along with diagnostic testing. Maintaining current and accurate billing on patient accounts, assuring timely remittance and taking immediate action on issues that involve account integrity along with verification of insurance coverage and follow-up with payers to facilitate uninterrupted cash flow. Also included in job duties were assuring the accuracy of patient data and prepare billing according to regulations. Preparation and maintenance of billing files and records; understanding net revenue schedule and unrealized contractual log in relation to patient accounts with constant and continued investigation of delinquent accounts, with recommendations on disposition of outstanding balances. Contacting third party organizations when necessary to facilitate timely payment of charges or refunding to insurance carrier or patient; correction of late charges; monitoring of insurance coding and responding to patient account inquiries. Working knowledge in relation to information needed to comply with all government rules, along with HIPPA guidelines and regulations. Working knowledge of the credentialing of doctors with hospitals and all insurance companies as needed. Working of front and back office as needed.
- Medical Billing Supervisor at Neurological Care Center, LLC
- Medical Billing Associate at
10 years, 7 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
- - Medical Billing
- - office setting
Billing supervisor for over 20 billing specialist * Monitoring time and attendance * Payroll submissions * Coding ICD-9 and CPT for all charts * Handle escalated calls * Training new employees * Monitor and maintain low A/R * Follow up on carrier reimbursement and denied claims from all payers government and commercial. * Billing for hospice patients and home health * Keeping team motivation to perform to their highest potential. * Analyze and review accounts for outstanding balances and credit * Analyze insurance accounts and make necessary changes needed to resubmit for prompt reimbursement. Research and respond to claims for proper account resolution. Ensure that account balances do not age beyond acceptable levels. * Receive and initiate calls to third party payers, customers, and patients. Respond to internal and external customer questions and requests for proper account resolution * Accurate and timely filing of paper claims and follows up on electronic claim denials. Prepare claim documents as required by payers including submission of requested documentation as appropriate. * Data entry, payment posting
- Medical Billing Supervisor at Metrostat Diagnostics and Clinical Laboratory
- Medical billing specialist at Galaxy MRI & Diagnostic Center
- CSR Manager / A/R specialist at Azima Health Care
- A/R Specialist at Medical Intercept Systems
9 years at this Job
ICD 10, CPT and Medical Terminology Claim Entry, Payment Processing, and Posting Online Claim Submission and ERA Answer phones and interact with Patients Over the phone payments Authorizations and Referrals Research and Reconcile Incorrect Payments, EOB rejections and other issues Understand Insurance Guidelines including Medicare, Medical, other Government, Private, and Self-Insurance Knowledgeable in Optometry, Medical, Urgent Care Clinic, and Laboratory procedures Schedule Appointments and Bill patients Compile and record medical charts, reports, and correspondence Current on HIPAA Regulations Answer Inquires from Doctor's Patients, and Insurance Companies Secondary Claims Software Management for submission of electronic claims to clearinghouse Knowledge of 4 Types of Billing Software. Managing time sheets, scheduling, HR policies and procedures.
- Medical Billing Supervisor at Silkiss Eye Surgery
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at LDAC Vascular Centers
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at JF Urgent Care
- Certified Trainer and Server at Cattleman's
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
- License - Manicurist
1. Manage 8 employees in 3 departments, including payment posting team, front desk receptionist and clerical/mailroom team. 2. Create and implement new processes and/or procedures to improve efficiencies and create leaner workflows 3. Interview/Hire for any open positions within my teams 4. Review and monitor all daily workflows and customer interactions to make sure we are delivering superior services to our clients and maintaining high client satisfaction. We strive to take all billing functions, insurance related tasks/issues and clerical work that we can out of our medical practices so providers can focus solely on patient care and providing superior patient services to our community. 5. Review individual and team productivity on a consistent basis. Assist individual team members with additional training, improvement plans and/or obtaining any needed further education for any team member that is not producing as efficiently or accurately as possible based on their individual abilities. 6. Responsible for securing, balancing and depositing all cash, checks and credit card payments received by our medical offices or insurance companies. 7. Review monthly data reports to ensure monthly numbers are accurate and to report any noticed issues/trends from insurance payers. Review any trends to correct discrepancies or incorrect payments by insurance companies and to prevent any revenue loss in the future. 8. Maintain all employee records and time-keeping. Manage all vacation requests and call-outs and ensure there is adequate coverage in all departments. 9. Work with three (3) other supervisors to create smooth workflows across all departments of the billing functions. Report to Direct Manager on a daily basis about status of all departments that I oversee. 10. Assist with posting payments, covering our front desk reception area and assist mailroom as needed to prevent any backlog as needed. Also, assist in entering charges into our system for billing as needed. 11. Work denials/rejections on a daily basis. 12. Answer any provider, client or office concerns/issues and resolve any account concerns. 13. Any other tasks/projects assigned by direct manager or Director of Operations. I am extremely proud of the numerous improvements in processes that I have implemented since taking over the payment posting team and the mailroom. These teams are comprised of stellar, hard-working employees that continuously embrace change for the better of the company. It is very rewarding to watch them continue to learn and grow as teams and individuals. They are open to new ideas and contribute their own ideas for improvement regularly. Sometimes our changes do not always work the way we think they will but it is our ability to adapt and continue to make improvements that help us succeed.
- Medical Billing Supervisor at Triangle Health Alliance
- Accounts Receivable Specialist at Dr. Leitzke (chiropractor)
- Medical Billing Supervisor at Glasgow Family Practice, LLC
7 years at this Job
- Massage Therapy License - Massage Therapy
- Bachelor's - Business Management
Responsibilities: Oversee daily billing department functions, including medical coding, charge entry, claims, payment posting and reimbursement management, examine patients encounter forms to verify diagnosis codes, accurately input procedure and diagnoses codes into billing software to generate invoices, used electronic charge capture practices such as billing and account receivables, submit codes and invoices in a timely manner, follow up on past due invoices and delinquent accounts to reduce number of unpaid and outstanding balances, uphold and reinforce compliance with federal regulations such as HIPAA, provide administrative support to physician and interpret medical reports and data to assign ICD-10 codes, Front office assistance such as answering phones, setting appointments, insurance verification, surgery scheduling, filling, ordering office supplies, correspondence, greeting patients, calling in referral's, calling pharmacies for patient medication and prior authorization, cleaning the office twice a week.
- Medical Billing Supervisor at Family Healthcare of Atlanta
- Office Manager at Dr. Randolph W. Kline, MDPC
- Billing Specialist at A to Z Billing Company
3 years at this Job
- - Medical Administration Management
Assist manager with daily functions of reporting productivity. Supervise 14 care team members, making sure that accounts are appealed and followed up upon. Ensure that the daily medical bills are correct clean before going to payouts. Assist collectors when needed with difficult accounts, updating patient insurance information, requesting refunds for overpayment for patients. Also responsible for the time keeping of 24 care team members.
- Medical Billing Supervisor at Medical University of South Carolina
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- Some college - Accounting
- High school - General studies
Responsible for proper billing to various insurance companies to ensure revenue for the company Successfully managed a billing staff of 8 employees Effectively managed patient accounts across entire Southeastern and Midwestern United States Knowledgeable in Microsoft Office Software Accountable for accuracy in monthly reports of each piece of durable medical equipment rented or purchased out by patients or insurance companies Experienced in working and maintaining Aged Receivables reports Responsible for the training of the billing department by implementing streamlined, cost efficient methods. Coordinated educational luncheons for hospitals, case managers, and social workers targeting updated insurance requirements for Durable Medical Equipment Marketing in Alabama, Georgia, Kansas, and Colorado hospitals, successfully earning the business of new clients Scheduling for Respiratory Therapists, Delivery Technicians, case managers, and patients Skilled in web based referrals between our company and hospitals Increased the company’s revenue significantly beginning in 2011 by ensuring proper and accurate billing Trained and prepared for yearly passing through Accreditation by Medicare by abiding in HIPPA regulations and requirements Attended billing seminars for better education and understanding of current insurance guidelines Ensuring that contracts made between the company and facilities are met from a billing standpoint Accountable for processing and accurately applying payments to accounts Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Medical Billing Supervisor at Pulmonary Care Services
- Sales Associate at Dillard's Inc
7 years at this Job
- Associates Degree in Applied Science - Office Administration