September 2018 to Present I am currently employed as a medical clerk for the busy internal medicine and walk-in clinic at the Alaska Native Medical center. There are 13 specialty clinics within our department we also manage the walk in clinic. It tends to be a fast paced environment and the medical clerks have a lot of responsibility to include but not limited to: checking patients in for appointments, scheduling appointments answering and directing phone calls to the appropriate providers and clinics, verifying and entering insurance information, updating demographics, reconciling paperwork, collaborating with providers and other medical staff to ensure the best experience for our customer owners all while maintaining the highest level of patient confidentiality. I enjoy my job and I am only seeking other employment with a little more compensation than I am currently making.
- Medical Clerk at Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
- Talent bank at Alaska Native Tribal Health Consortium
- Customer Service Specialist at Xerox - travel prior authorization
- Patient Services Assistant at ANTHC
6 months at this Job
- Certified Nursing Assistant - Nursing - CNA licensing
Clerical duties such as, schedule appointments, answer calls, check patients in,keep track of medical records.
- Medical Clerk at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
- Hospital Corpsman at United States Navy
1 year, 2 months at this Job
As a medicinal clerk my position required the following duties: Checking patients in and obtaining information regarding the type of medical problem presented and treatment requested, making sure all demographic information is current, transcribing physician's orders, answering multi sytem phone lines,,scheduling follow-up apointments, consults and referrals, ordering labs and radiology procedures,scanning ,importing, and exporting patient's medical records into AHLTA, relaying messages to nurses and physicians, compiling end of day reports,and monthly educatjonal training online.
- Medical Clerk at Americas Staffing Partner
- Unit Secretary at Onslow Memorial Hospital
7 years, 8 months at this Job
- Certified Nursing Assistant 2 - Healthcare
- Phlebotomist - Phlebotomy
- High school or equivalent - General studies
53 ALLING ST 3FL WEST HAVEN CT 06516 · (203) 589-5048
[email protected] ·
Highly dedicated individual bringing over 5 years of experience. Currently looking to apply my knowledge and experience in a secretarial capacity with an expanding organizations. Counting with excellent data entry skills and office organization to improve productivity.
11.2015 – 12.2018
LAB ASSISTANT, HOSPITAL MENONITE
• Scheduling and informing patients about specimen collection
• Collecting blood and urine sample from patients and performing testing
• Cleaning equipment and laboratory before experiments
• Ordering lab equipment and stocking inventory
• Holding correct records of specimens collected for testing
• Taking dictation from scientists and making electronic files of the same
• Operating lab equipment’s as required
• Following established protocols for safety of staff and the lab
• Collected blood and urine specimens for laboratory tests
• Registered patients and maintained files and test results
• Arranged lab and cleaned equipment before and after experiment
• Scheduled specimen testing according to urgency
• Distributed test results to respective departments
• Coordinated with lab equipment suppliers and placed orders 02.2011 – 11.2015 MEDICAL CLERK, HOSPITAL MENONITE
• Files reports in medical records as per established guidelines.
• Processes written and verbal requests for patients medical records as per established guidelines.
• Prepare EMR records/reports for following day appointments.
• Communicates with data integrity department any patient demographic updates.
• Assembles medical record folders in proper order.
• Coordinating approvals with compliance for legal documents.
• Compiles reports and correspondence for review by physicians on a daily basis.
• Delivers charts to assigned areas of the hospital by following established routing procedures.
• Manages medical chart requests from patients and other entities.
• Maintains quality results by following hospital standards.
• Initiates the medical record by helping to prepare charts prior to patients arriving.
• Maintains patient confidence by keeping patient records information confidential.
• Retrieves medical records following chart-out procedures; documenting reasons charts cannot be retrieved for statistical and follow-up purposes.
• Maintains medical records software to ensure all charts are audited and up-to-date with the most recent date of service information.
• Performs Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) checks for completeness and accuracy.
• Take the initiative to perform any task that will assist co-workers in maintaining patient flow and office operations.
• Provides records as requested by health providers and administrative staff.
• Plan, prioritize, organize and complete work to meet established objectives.
• Prepares reports for Quality Assessment and Performance Improvement Committee meeting.
• Assists in developing interventions to achieve goals.
• Make sure that work meets quality standards. EDUCATION JUNE 2011 SURGICAL TECHNICIAN CERTIFICATE, BANCA INSTITUTE MARCH 2011 HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA, COLEGIO ANGEL DAVID SKILLS
• Able to perform technical, non-technical procedures and paperwork required for experiments.
• Expert in maintaining, cleaning and setting up equipment for experiments.
• Skilled in preparing solutions and cleaning lab equipment.
• Knowledge of working with harmful materials and sterilization methods.
• At ease in operating complex and basic lab equipment.
• Expert in handling specimens and working according to set protocols.
• Able to carry out mathematical calculations and prepare records and graphs.
• Strong skills in understanding the objectives of research and following commands of scientists.
• Legible handwriting, knowledge of medical terminology, and ability to enter data on computer.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ensure availability of an adequate supply of blank charts for new admissions at all times in the nursing station chart rooms.
• Ability to learn to utilize various types of electronic and/or manual recording and information systems used by the agency, office, or related units.
• Good organization skills, self-starter, demonstrates initiative.
• Knowledge of medical terminology helpful.
• Professional appearance.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Ability to promote positive relationships with patients and staff.
• Ability to use time wisely in preparing work area to meet high-paced demand.
• Full bilingual. REFERENCE Available upon request. 2
- Medical Clerk at
at this Job
- High school
Responsible for providing patient care for three divisions: Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI), Computed Tomography (CT) and Women Health Center.
➢ Direct patients to the correct clinic for examination. Respond to patient inquiries regarding radiology.
➢ Review and protocol MRI consultations per Radiologist finalization. Contact/schedule patient's exam and elucidate MRI regulations.
➢ Research and confirm patients' Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) in Composite Health Care System (CHCS) and Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (ALTHA).
➢ Complete all paperwork prior to patients MRI and CT examinations.
➢ Order labs/radiological test and exams.
➢ Ensure all radiology equipment is maintained well and in working condition.
➢ Communicate effectively with patients and physicians on a daily basis. Troubleshoot and analyze any discrepancies that might occur.
➢ Assist and greet customers in person, and by answering telephone inquiries and refer to appropriate personnel.
➢ Schedules medical appointments and determines patient eligibility for services.
➢ Maintains appointment schedules using the Composite Health Care Systems (CHCS) or AHLTA.
➢ Supports PCM by name processing for appointment and appropriate access to care timeframes during allocation of Standard appointment types.
➢ Takes appropriate measures to ensure confidentiality and privacy during all interactions.
- Medical Clerk at Spectrum/ Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
- Certified Nurse Aid at Riverside Regional Convalescent Center
- Customer Service Representative at MCI Teleservices
4 years, 8 months at this Job
40 hr work week
Supervisor - MSgt Deasha Kernodle
Serves as the Eligibility Data and Advanced Medical Clerk for the Tricare Operations and Patient Administration Flight (TOPA). To provide functional expertise and training for all issues relating to both the Composite Health Care System (CHCS) and the Armed Forces health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA) systems, providing beneficiary/patient enrollment, and conduct in/out processing actions. Troubleshoots CHCS and corrects patient discrepancies patient demographic information. Researches patient eligibility status via the Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS), regarding to Transitional Assistance Management Program (TAMP), Medicare, Tricare for Life, Reserves, National Guard, Active Duty Service Member / family members as well as Retirees/ family members, former spouses and coordinates with the Tricare Service Center (TSC) and MPF to correct any deficiencies. Informs beneficiaries on how to obtain ID Cards or statements of eligibility for interim care. Services as the local expert for all National enrollment Database (NED) issues: responsible for keeping patient enrollment information accurate and current to prevent appointment problems within the 375th Medical Group. Ensures accuracy of calculations for Defense Travel System vouchers per Joint Travel Regulations while assuring the program remains in compliance with Joint Travel Regulations (JTR) and Air Force regulations, laws, and policies. Serves as the Military Treatment Facility (MTF) Liaison for all patient enrollment issues. Develops training aids for use by office members to provide hands-on-training. Performs troubleshooting of CHCS and/or software problems encountered by co-workers. Compose correspondence/notifications to the Commander, Designee notifications, Admissions & dispositions (A&D) report, 375th MDG event reports, incapacitation requests and causality notifications. Prepare correspondence, gather pertinent health information and very credentials for all record documentation relating to Office of special Investigations (OSI), Office of Personnel Management (OPM), and Judge Advocate General (JAG) record requests. Also provides clerical/administrative support; schedules appointments in Composite Health Care System (CHCS), Armed Forces health Longitudinal Technology (AHLTA) for primary care, specialty and subspecialty medical care. As well as calling patients to reschedule, and /or cancel appointments as needed to include appointments for consult/referral specialty care within the MTF. Compile or extract medical records data to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements, services as a medical records technician to process and maintain inpatient, outpatient or ambulatory procedure unit medical records. Registers incoming service members/family/retiree members into the Composite Health Care System (CHCS), provides Tricare beneficiaries of their benefits. Receives telephone calls regarding to patient visits, providers, and nurses. Refers telephone calls and visitors to appropriate staff or office.
• Verification beneficiary eligibility
• Knowledgeable of medical terminology
• Skilled in ICD 9/10 & CPT /HCPC Coding
• Collect medical records, diagnostic/lab/Immunization reports
• Schedule/reschedule/ cancel patient appointments
• Expert in Tricare Benefits
• Assist with policy interpretation.
• Strong analytic, and problem solving skills
• Conscious of HIPAA Privacy and Security
• Knowledge of Healthcare insurance coverage
• Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
• Type 65 w.p.m
• General office administrative and clerical skills, answer telephones, standard office equipment, such as computers, typewriters, copiers, fax machines, telephone systems, collects / distributes mail, Military Filing System, Customer Service. CPT / HCPC coding / BCBC PGBA / Care Radius / Care Point / RMS/ICDB/CHAS/
• Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) / Composite Health Care System (CHCS) / Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA / Military Electronic Health Record) / Lotus Notes / Microsoft Office / Outlook / Military Filing System / Provider Credentialing / Tricare Benefits / Defense Travel System (DTS) / Healthcare Artifact & Image Management Solution (HAIMS) / Humana Military (TRICARE), Practice Partner
- Advanced Medical Clerk at Avosys Technology, Inc
- Referral and Authorization Specialist II at Federal Services (Tricare)
- Certified Medical Assistant at Belleville Family Practice Clinic
- Certified Medical Assistant at Michael O'Callaghan Federal Hospital
9 months at this Job
- - Certified Medical Billing and Coding
• Greeting and checking in Active duty Marines for their scheduled appointments.
• Assisting Active duty Marines with scheduling medical appointments in person or via 6 phone line system.
• Creating and maintaining provider's templates for their clinic schedule on CHCS.
• Maintained open lines of communication between patients, physician, staff, and laboratory personnel.
• Processed an average of 85 patients daily for a face paced general practice.
• Responded to priority issues to ensure the prompt referral of urgently needed medical care.
• Scanning medical documents into HAIMS for the patient's electronic record on AHLTA.
• Verifying the patients discharge notes from civilian hospital on Essentris EMR.
• Minimal experience in JLV the newest program for the DOD electronic records.
- Medical Clerk at Marine Corps Air Station, Third Marine Air Wing Medical
- Referral Coordinator at New Patient
- Beneficiary Service Representative at Triwest Healthcare Alliance
- Front Office Administrator at Marine Corps Air Station, Miramar Family Practice Clinic
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- Certificate of Medical Insurance Technician
- Certificate of Child Development
- Medical Clerk at Arrowhead regional medical center
- Field Marketing Representative at Subordinates
- Business Office Manager at Thinking Creatively
4 months at this Job
• Optimizing clinic workflow by managing patient flows, physician schedules and patient appointment.
• Verify insurance referrals and collect co-payments
• Answer, redirect, and transfer telephones, greet patients, enter patient demographics, and update patient information into database.
• Distribute mail and retrieve fax on a daily basis
• Organize and maintain a clean, efficient, and confidential work area
• Secure the building and implement security protocol at the end of each work day
• Train new employees on office work flows and procedures
- Medical clerk at MIAMI BEACH MEDICAL GROUP
- Dispatcher/Customer Service at MIAMI DADE COLLEGE
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
Port-Harcourt, Nigeria. * Assisted with front desk duties in greeting patients and answering phones. * Scheduled and organized patient consults in a prompt and timely manner. * Prepared charts with alphabetical orders and label them. * Supported nursing staff with required forms and documents. * Maintained strict confidentiality of all medical records.
- Medical Clerk at Cumi Medical Centre
- Personal Care Attendant at LEKS Home Care Services, Port Harcourt
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- - computer