As a file clerk I filed documents into their designated folders in the physical file. I also broke down new files as well as close settled and disbursed ones. As a medical clerk, I request medical and billing records for our clients. I also prepare demand packages to try and win our clients the most money. I speak with medical providers all day and I schedule appointments for our clients that continue treatment.
- Medical Clerk at Thomas J. Henry Injury Attorneys
- Marshalls at TJX Companies, Marshall's
- Dog Walker at Animal Defense League of Texas
8 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
· Medical clerk team lead, oversee team motivation, staffing and patient flow. · Ensure that employees are current with trainings required by the clinic and William Beaumont Hospital. · Knowledge about the particular practices required in the clinic along with the hospital policies. · Maintain updated knowledge of HIPPA, Cyber Awareness, Patient Rights and Code of Ethics’ requirements, through continuing education and certification renewal. · Assist in the training of the new staff. · Plan and prepare work schedules and assigning each employee to their duties. · Prepare patient charts accurately and neatly for the clinic and enter medical and financial information into the database. · Precisely complete appropriate paperwork (for readiness, deployment, demobilization), documentation and system entry · Professionally and courteously, verify appointment times with patients. · Assist in the maintenance of medical charts and / or electronic medical record (filing, Op Reports, test results, and care forms).
- Medical Clerk / Medical Screener at MAGNIFICUS CORP
- Admissions Assistant / Certified Nursing Assistant at MONTEVISTA AT CORONADO
- Secretary at J.NORRIS DESIGNS
- Health Outreach at Susan G. Komen
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelors Of Public Health - Public Health
- Master's - Business Administration
As a Medical Clerk Assistant I am responsible for patient care and completing tasks delegated by nurses and nurse management. This includes, but is not limited to, obtaining vital signs and blood sugars, assisting with patient cleanliness and clean work environments, scheduling follow up appointments and procedures, collecting samples per doctor orders, and any other tasks delegated.
- Medical Clerk Assistant at OhioHealth Shelby Hospital
- Call Center Agent at Touch Point Contact Centers
- STNA at Mill Creek Nursing & Rehab
- Assisting patients at Primrose Retirement Communities
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- - English
• I love talking to people and feel that through my years of being an STNA I can easily talk with people while being able to relate to them and empathize with them. I feel in the healthcare field being empathetic is an especially important trait. ORGANIZED & SELF MOTIVATED
• Staying steadily busy is something I enjoy. I love working as a team with other co-workers and I also enjoy working alone and pushing myself to be better. MEDICAL CLERK ASSISTANT | OHIOHEALTH SHELBY HOSPITAL | DEC 2016 - PRESENT
• My main responsibilities as a Medical Clerk Assistant are to:
• Provide exceptional patient care (including bathing, toileting, and transferring)
• Customer service
• Complete tasks delegated by the RN's, Nursing Supervisor, and Nurse Manager
• Making follow up appointments, various doctor appointments
• Making charts and breaking down charts upon patient admission or discharge
• Scheduling in-patient and out-patient tests
• Obtaining the vital signs of patients, checking blood sugar levels with a glucometer
• Documenting in patient charts, and reporting any and all changes in patients to the nurse
- MEDICAL CLERK ASSISTANT at OHIOHEALTH SHELBY HOSPITAL
- STATE TESTED NURSE ASSISTANT at MILL CREEK NURSING & REHAB
- STATE TESTED NURSE ASSISTANT at PRIMROSE RETIREMENT COMMUNITIES
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- certification - workplace, and new ways of getting my work done
DR MIKES WALK IN CLINICS
• Gathering patient information by collecting demographic information from variety of sources.
• Operates in high volume, highly structured environment by responding incoming calls and scheduling appointments.
• Retrieving medical records by following chart procedure.
• Responsible for keeping the reception area clean and organized.
• Using EMR software to manage patient confidentiality as required by HIPPA.
• Collect patient co-payments and record payment transaction
• Greeting patients, answering multiple multiple lines
- MEDICAL CLERK at Urgent Medical Care
- LEASING AGENT at STONERIDGE APARTMENTS
- CUSTOMER SERVICE at MACY'S
4 years at this Job
- BACHELOR - HEALTH ADMINISTRATION
Medical support assistance for the past 26 years
- Medical Clerk at Bruce W Carter Medical Center
28 years, 6 months at this Job
- - History
• Prepare and gather patient files for the doctors prior to them seeing the patients.
• Sorted and organized paper medical records before they could be transitioned to electronic medical record.
• Managed faxed documents ensuring patient confidentiality.
• Answered phones, took messages and directed calls to staff.
• Knowledgeable on billing, including handling inquiries and dealing with multiple types of insurance.
• Scanned, photocopied and faxed documents.
• Organizing patient charts and insurance information.
• Handle cash transactions.
• Loaded and verified patient insurances
• Collected patient co-pays and posted to patient accounts.
• PE(Presumed eligibility) certified.
• Verified each patient's demographic information at registration and updated electronic medical record as necessary
- Medical Clerk at JEWISH RENAISSANCE MEDICAL CENTER
- CUSTOMER SERVICE at ALORICA
- CUSTOMER SERVICE/ TECHNICAL SUPPORT at CLARO DOMINICANA
6 months at this Job
- Bs. - Business management
•Assist military personnel and their family with their medical records.
•Answering phones, transferring calls and faxing information as needed.
•Entering personal information into HAIMES and AHLTA.
- Medical Clerk/Receptionist at Sterling medical
- RCA Rural Carrier Associate at USPS Service
- Cardiology Technician at Bothwell Regional Health Center
- Substitute Paraprofessional/subtitle nurse at Knob Noster Schools
8 months at this Job
- Some college
Answering Phone calls Handling money and taking payments. Recording all injuries into our database Entered Doctors orders as written by Physician Retrieve medical records when request by authorized personnel Assist in admission, transfers and discharge procedures as nessary Ensure Supplies have been replenished Collect, assemble, check and files patients charts and person records as required
- Medical Clerk Receptionist at Medical Center Navicent Health
- Medical Receptionist at Medical Center Navicent Health
- at Medical Center Of Central
- Cardiovascular technician at Bay front Medical Center
3 months at this Job
- - Pharmacy Tech
- - Early Childhood
- College Prep
• Record vital statistics or other health information
• Interview patients to gather medical information
• Prepare patient treatment areas for use
• Give medications or immunizations
• Collect urine specimen from patients
• Preform clerical work in medical setting
• Schedule patient procedures or appointments
• Inventory medical supplies or equipment
• Verify insurance Experience with: Desktop computers, Multiline phone system, fax, copiers,Microsoft Word,Microsoft Excel, Medisoft, CPSI
- Medical Clerk at Dr. James Bankston
- Clinical Receptionist at Lake Martin Family Medicine
- Office Administrator at Midsouth Employee Services
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Some college - Medical Billing and Coding