Lawton, OK - 2016-08 - 06-08-2017 Hard working and fully certified Medical Coding Specialist has full understanding of ICD-9, ICD-10 CM and CPT Coding procedures. Excellent data skills allow for accurate coding of medical information and provided care. Has a Certificate in medical billing and coding certification as a medical coding specialist and thirteenth years of experience. Focused and meticulous Medical Billing and Coding Specialist with an extraordinary eye for detail and a strong customer service. Responsible for collecting posting and managing account payments, responsible for submitting claim Performs various collection actions including contacting patients by phone, Correcting and resubmitting claim to the insurance.
- Medical Coding Specialist at Comanche County Memorial Hospita
- Medical Collections Specialist at Georgia emergency association
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Medical billing and coding insurance Specialist
I am a hardworking, self-motivated, and highly skilled medical coding professional. I adapt easily to new environments with a proven ability to positively impact the DNFB. I thoroughly enjoy working with other coders and healthcare professionals to ensure accurate coding.
Lexington Medical Center: Medical Coding Specialist
• Accurately and independently review and assign ICD 10 CM and CPT codes to Outpatient Surgery Medical Records.
• Communicate with coding manager and other applicable personnel to ensure proper code assignment.
• Maintain productivity standards to ensure end of week and end of month goals for unbilled totals.
• Meet quarterly medical coding audit with 95% accuracy rate.
- Medical Coding Specialist at Lexington Medical Center
- Outpatient Coding Auditor/Revenue Integrity at Palmetto Health-Richland
- Medical Coding Specialist at Palmetto Health-Richland
- Lead Outpatient Coder at Optimize Inc
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
- Certificate - Inpatient and Outpatient Medical Coding
•Medical coding for busy, fast paced,multi specialty clinic. Including: family medicine, pain management ( EMG’s, NCS, facet injections, epidural injections etc), allergy testing and immunotherapy, Imaging (diagnostic X-ray, CT scans, MRI’s, ultrasound and ultrasound guided injections).
•Utilize ICD 10 coding principles to ensure the progress notes are assigned accurate diagnosis’s.
•Enter charges for the listed specialties above into the billing system.
• Use Medicare guidelines, LCD’s and NCD’s.
• Ensure that documentation is valid and matches what is coded, and coded appropriately.
•Using Medicare guidelines, (or each specific insurance’s guidelines), I ensure that any and every procedure ordered is medically necessary and the necessary documentation is noted.
• submit prior authorization requests for procedures ordered.
•Help with eligibility and benefits for each patient.
•Work with Medicare, Medicaid, Commercial insurance, Workers Comp, and Attorneys.
•Develop relationships with insurance companies and workers comp adjusters.
•Use patient portals for insurance companies, as well as Availity, and HealthxNet.
- Medical Coding Specialist at Foothills Medical Center
- Office Manager at A New You (chiropractic office)
- Receptionist 07 at St. Luke's Health Care Clinic
- Customer Service Representative at Convergys
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Associate's Degree in Health Information Technology - Health Information Technology
--Analyzes and interprets patient medical records within an area of medical/clinical specialty in order to determine amount and nature of billable services. --Utilizes advanced, specialized knowledge of medical codes and coding procedures to assign and sequence appropriate diagnostic/procedure billing, codes, in compliance with third party payer requirements. --Reviewing medical records and determines appropriate charges. --Monitors billing for optimal reimbursement while adhering to all insurer regulations regarding the prohibition of unbundling and other questionable practices. --Assists in working the coding denial work queue to resolution, with the primary focus of ICD-10 coding and CPT coding.
- Medical Coding Specialist at University of Maryland Medical Systems, CMG
- Human Resources Generalist at GEMOLOGICAL INSTITUTE OF AMERICA
- Human Resources Assistant at DYNA CORPORATION
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- - Online Education
This was a seasonal remote medical coding job (HCC & CCC). The main job tasks: Reviewing medical records Coding diagnoses (ICD-10-CM) Look up, enter and submit medical codes online
- Medical Coding Specialist at ArroHealth
- Federal Work Study (FWS), Teacher's Aide at Miller-Motte Technical College
3 months at this Job
- Certified Professional Coder
- Associate of Applied Science degree - Electronic Medical Records
- Diploma - Medical Billing and Coding
- Diploma - Medical Office Assistant
- Office Systems Specialist Certificate - Microsoft Office
• Assign essential medical procedure codes and diagnoses codes based on the review of medical notes
• Responsible for handling outstanding charges in relation to coding issues
• Contacting provider for any missing information in order to seek a speedy reimbursement
• Working well with insurance companies to follow up on claim statuses and/or to resolve claim denials
• Providing assistance on multiple client accounts as assigned
- Medical Coding Specialist at Acadiana Computer Systems
- Patient Account Representative at Fresenius Medical Care (Brooke Companies employment agency)
- Receptionist/Office Assistant at Ardent Services (through Brooke Companies)
- Administrative Assistant/Office Manager at Cimation, LLC
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- - Medical Office Administration/Medical Billing and Coding
- Associate of Science - Administrative Office Technology
• Collaborate within the market team with Pod Leaders, General Managers and Regional Medical Directors to formulate appropriate coding and documentation support for individual providers.
• Create training modules and materials to be presented during formal Provider education sessions and initiate both group and one on one training and/or recommendations for additional areas of training.
• Participate in weekly market Interdisciplinary Team meetings (IDT) to give input to the team regarding coding and Hierarchical Condition Category (HCC) for individual patient charts.
• Continually evaluate data for compliance.
• Audit coded data and individual encounter data to determine opportunities for education, training and documentation improvement for both individual providers and market level provider groups.
• Report individual provider and market level coding and documentation status and performance to market leadership teams.
• Perform day to day coding on new providers, mentoring and training them until proficiency is achieved. Determine when proficiency is sufficient to transfer provider's encounters to a dedicated coding team
- Medical Coding Specialist at
- HEDIS Nurse Abstractor/HCC Coder at
- Temp Clinical Research Specialist, SR at
- Staffing Nurse at
7 months at this Job
- Diploma - Nursing
I am currently responsible for reviewing provider documentation and pulling the most specific diagnosis and assigning appropriate E/M, CPT and HCPCS codes for each visit. Interacted with physicians and other healthcare staff to ask questions regarding patient services and ensure chart accuracy. Use 3M and EPIC to assign procedure and diagnostic codes to patient records for billing purposes. Applied official coding conventions and rules from the American Medical Association and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services to assign diagnostic codes. Assisted in resolving and satisfying client requests and internal operational issues. Coordinated with other internal departments and customers to keep operations running smoothly and solve both routine and complex problems. Provided education to providers as well as auditing levels of service to ensure accurate billing practices. Provided patient education concerning any disagreements for level of service based on provider documentation. Trained newly hired professional coders in the clinic setting as well as provide peer audit reviews on a monthly basis.
- Medical Coding Specialist at Aspirus Iron River Hospital And Clinics
- Medical Coder And Biller at Dickinson County Healthcare System
- Customer Service Rep at Blue Cross And Blue Shield Of Michigan
5 years at this Job
Receiving medical documentation from all specialties to determine accurate diagnostic and procedure codes for reimbursement. Also assisted in the training of others. Specialized in General Medicine, Gastroenterology Procedures and Gastroenterology Consultations, Radiology, ICD 9 Coding, Pediatrics Emergency Room Coding, Adult Emergency Room, Oral/Maxilla Facial Surgery, Dermatology Procedures and Consultations, and Hematology Clinic and Consults. Also experienced in claims auditing and charge verification
- Medical Coding Specialist at Mt. Sinai Elmhurst Hospital
8 years, 6 months at this Job
• Demonstrates knowledge and ability to assign ICD-10 CM codes to the highest specificity ensuring that diagnostic codes and documentation accurately reflect and support the visit encounter.
• Proficient in using MAG system.
• Reviews and abstracts relevant clinical data from electronic medical records to select the appropriate CPT code for procedures
• Interprets and applies regulatory guidelines to coding and reimbursement decisions.
• Maintained a 98% or above accuracy rate
• Maintained consistent daily production of greater than 50-60 claims per day while maintaining accuracy and achieving productivity goals.
• Works from home and on-site
- Medical Coding Specialist at AXA International
- Medical Coding Specialist at PI International
5 years, 11 months at this Job