Certified Medical coding specialist with 8 years of experience in hematology/oncology coding. Proficient in ICD-10 and CPT Coding. Currently coding for MD Anderson Cancer Center @Cooper. Experience in coding for multiple infusion sites including oncology, gastroenterology, neurology, and rheumatology.
- Medical Coding Specialist at MD Anderson Cancer Center
- INFUSION CODER at MD Anderson Cancer Center @ COOPER
- Medical Coding Specialist at Thomas Jefferson University and Hospitals
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- CHONC - INFUSION CODER
Alexandria Bay, New Yok, USA
• Perform coding of Laboratory, Radiology, Physical Therapy, Specialties and Family Clinic.
• Analyze patients charts carefully to know diagnosis and represent every item with specific codes.
• Ensure that codes tally with doctors' diagnosis.
• Consult medical specialist for further clarification and understanding of items on patients charts to avoid any misinterpretations.
• Apply knowledge of ICD 10-CM and CPT formats, guidelines, and notes to locate the correct codes for all services and procedures performed during the patient stay.
• Accurately enters patient information, diagnostic and procedural codes into patient medical record and databases. Ensures accuracy and integrity of medical record abstract prior to billing interface and claims submission.
• Evaluate and re-file appeals of patient claims that were denied
• Provide accurate answers to queries on coding
• Abstract medical data from the record to complete the Universal Data Set (UDS) on all Ambulatory Surgery Services patients for submission to the Statewide Planning and Research Cooperative System (SPARCS).
- Medical Coding Specialist at RIVER HOSPITAL ORG
- Temporary Data Entry Clerk at KINNEY DRUGS INC
- Collections Specialist at J.P. MORGAN CHASE
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Certified Professional Coder - Medical Billing & Coding
- Bachelor in Business Administration - Business Administration
Medical Coding Specialist/ Office Assistant
McIntosh Clinic, Thomasville, Ga
• Manage detailed specifically-coded information
• Create medical charges, and submit medical claims to insurance, applying correct medical CPT and ICD codes to claims
• Resolve coding/claim errors and discrepancies
• Read and analyze patient charts
• Assist patients over the phone or in person, by taking and posting payments, explaining patient bills, and resolving billing discrepancies
• Process Account Payments
• Set up payment plans for patient’s past due balances
• Give estimates concerning office visit and procedure costs
• Effectively communicate with doctors and other clinic personnel
• Generate itemized statements for patients
- Medical Coding Specialist/ Office Assistant at Mcintosh Clinic
- Pharmacy Technician - Registered at Cox Pharmacy
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Associates - Accounting
- Certificate of Healthcare Science - Healthcare Science
I am presently a contractual doing remote medical coding
- Medical Coding Specialist at Lifecare HomeHealth Care Inc.
- Surgical Assistant at Sacred Heart Hospital _ Chicago
- surgical assistant at
11 years, 2 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Medicine
- Doctorate - Medicine
Accurately code diagnosis in the electronic medical record program using ICD-10 coding principles, review/audit complex medical claims, code other documentation to ensure codes meet optimum specificity within a strict time period, at 90% or above accuracy rate, identify document issues and follow-up all inquiries with field nurses, clinical managers, physicians and all other departments.
- Medical Coding Specialist at Brookdale Senior Living Inc
- Temporary-Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at Center for Family Health
- Patient Financial Services Specialist at Saint Joseph Mercy Health Systems
- Float-Patient Services Assistant at University of Michigan Health Systems
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- - Certified Medical Billing and Coding Specialist
- - Medical Administration
• Applying ICD-10 and CPT HCPCS coding and submitting PEDI and IM Charges
• Tasked providers of missed opportunities
• Reviewed EOBs (Explanation Of Benefits) for various insurance carriers and completed necessary appeals needed for denials received
• Applied HCC codes for assigning risk scores
• Using ALLSCRIPTS to perform the above activities
• Working independentaly for submitting the charges
• Submitted claims to Medicare and private health insurance providers
• Organize and prioritize workload as defined by the company month end closing deadlines to achieve all defined coding related goals.
• Received very good feedback from superiors during the 3 months review
- Medical Coding Specialist at Acton Medical Associates
- Administration Manager at Adept Innovatives Inc
- Substitute Teacher at Acton-Boxborough Regional School District
5 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor of Science - Computer Science
Specializing in coding Dermatology and Radiology services and Procedures.Resolving coding issues, Responding to coding issues,responding to and correcting coding related denials,taking steps to correct claims,submitting appeals,Investigating and resolving reports submitted for coding investigations, Transforming healthcare diagnosis, procedures, medical services, and equipment into universal medical Alphanumeric codes. Coding from operative reports, laboratory and Radiology reports, transcriptions of physician's notes and patient records. Completion and submission of the CMS-15OO claim form for Commercial insurance carriers, Medicare, Medicaid, Blue Cross Blue Shield plans, Tricare and Workers' Compensation Insurance. Insurance verification and follow-up, Interpretation of the Remittance advice form (EOB), patient statement billing, payment posting to patient's accounts and submitting claims to insurance companies.
- Medical Coding Specialist at Maple Grove Health and Rehabilitation Center
3 years at this Job
- Medical billing and coding specialist - Medical billing and coding
- High school
• Review and correct CCI claim edits.
• Review and assign codes to meet medical necessity for NCD and LCD.
• Responsible for correctly coding healthcare claims in order to obtain reimbursement from insurance companies and government healthcare programs.
• Review claims data to ensure that assigned codes meet required legal and insurance rules.
• Utilize specialized medical classification software to assign procedure and diagnosis codes for insurance billing.
• Assign correct modifiers to more accurately represent the service or item rendered.
• Work in conjunction with AR and Billing staff on claim denials for reimbursement.
• Ensure accuracy of work product.
- Medical Coding Specialist (AMCAL) at Coder I
- Account Specialist (Part-Time) at UNC Wakebrook
- at WakeMed
- Coding Specialist at City MD
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science in Medical Office Administration - ECPI
• Responsible for charge capture process and revenue integrity of professional charges
• Abstracting data from medical records
• Coding diagnoses and procedures
• Educating providers and staff
• Maintaining work queue goals
• Coding in Neurology and Neuropsychology Department
• Coding for both inpatient and outpatient setting Pro-Fee
- Remote Medical Coding Specialist at Spectrum Health Medical Group
- Medical Billing and Coding Specialist at ENT Consultants, PLC
- Customer Service Representative at State Bank of Caledonia
- Member Service Representative at State Bank of Florida
2 years at this Job
- Certified Professional Coder
- - Certified Medical Administrative Assistant
Used coding rules established by the American Medical Association and the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services in the assignment of procedural codes. Recorded, stored and reported medical coding information to create statistics of healthcare encounters. Reviewed and abstracted relevant clinical data from electronic medical records to select appropriate code for procedures. Interpreted medical terminology and pharmacological information to translate information into coding system. Categorized health services and assigned a specific ICD-10-CM code to each one.
- MEDICAL CODING SPECIALIST at Signify Health
- LEAD SALAD BAR CHEF at Ellwood Thompson's Local Market
- TELEPHONE OPERATOR at Hello, Inc
1 year at this Job
- Associate of Science - Health Information Technology
- High School Diploma