- Boston, Ma February 2014- Present Medical Coordinator
• Triages ACOG prenatal assessment forms that are completed during the first prenatal visit, to help identify high and low risk pregnant members early.
• Create cases, prenatal assessment and send reviews to Clinicians for daily birth notifications.
• Keep tracking grid up to date and send to managers at the end of the work day.
• Assist Clinicians with case closures, assessments and data entry.
• Submit PT1 (prescription for transportation) request for members who have difficulties accessing public transportation due to medical conditions.
• Update daily Registry for Clinicians
• Connect members to relevant community resources requested by Clinicians, with the goal of enhancing member health and well-being and increasing member satisfaction.
• Serves as a contact point, advocate and informational resource for members.
• Arrange Daily huddle, rounds and Pharmacy reports for Clinicians to discuss
• Run daily TTH( Transition to Home) census and assigned to appropriate Clinician for outreach after members have been discharged from the Hospital
- Medical Coordinator at Boston Medical Center Health Net Plan
- Injury Care Coordinator at MCMC LLC
- PBX Operator at HOLIDAY INN BROOKLINE
- Human Resources Assistant at UNITED PARCEL SERVICES
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- High school
The duties I preform as a medical coordinator are taking clients for all of their doctor needs, pick up due medications and put them into their books/boxes, record doctors notes by paper to file and send to case managers, create monthly paperwork for clients medications, review all books/medications to ensure the clients have received them, ensure each client completes annual exams, and take clients for their labs and refills with their PCP.
- Medical Coordinator at BUCKHORN LAKE AREA SUPPORT TEAM
- Customer Service Representative at Sykes Enterprises, Incorporated
- Direct Support Professional at Mending Hearts Inc
1 year at this Job
- High school or equivalent
In addition to fulfilling expected responsibilities of an on-site Direct Support Professional at Center for Family Support, duties for Medical Coordinator include but are not limited to: * Scheduling, tracking and documenting all medical appointments as well as scheduling all lab and required tests for patients; documenting all paperwork, including incident reports, log entries and progress notes, when appropriate; scheduling and accompanying individuals to respective appointments, advocating services for individuals with developmental disabilities; identifying medication errors, if any, and reporting errors to nurse and facility manager; and other tasks required to ensure safety and well-being of patients.
- MEDICAL COORDINATOR at Center for Family
- at Center for Family
- HOUSEKEEPING ASSOCIATE at DOYLESTOWN HOSPITAL
- at ALLIED BARTON/ALLIED UNIVERSAL
10 months at this Job
- - Interdisciplinary Studies
- - Interdisciplinary Studies
Medical Coordinator, 7/2013- Present
• Serves as a preceptor of new CMA’s within the practices.
• Developed new Depo Provera administration policy and procedures.
• Perform daily and monthly controls for various clinical equipment and diagnostic tests.
• Efficient handling of administrative duties utilizing EMR systems (e.g., answering phones, scheduling appointments, scanning documents, maintaining medical records, patient processing and follow up) that allows physicians to focus on the health concerns of their patients.
• Demonstrates proficiency in taking patient medical histories and vital signs, as well as in performing venipuncture, injections and various diagnostic procedures and ancillary tests (e.g., EKG’s, in- house HgbA1c, lipid, and pregnancy testing, urinalysis, ear irrigation and nebulizer treatments). Assist Physician/ Nurse Practitioner with exams.
• Maintain inventory and ordering of medical supplies and materials.
• Obtain medication, radiology and procedure prior authorizations.
• Ensure the cleanliness, sanitation and maintenance of all exam rooms, instruments and equipment.
• React calmly and effectively in emergency situations, and adding the personal, caring touch that immediately puts patients at ease.
- Medical Coordinator at AMERICAN ACADEMIC HEALTH SYSTEM (formerly TENET HEALTH SYSTEM) - HAHNEMANN UNIVERSITY HOSPITAL
- Certified Medical Assistant at MERCY HEALTH SYSTEM
- Patient Service Representative/ Medical Assistant at UNIVERSITY OF PENNSYLVANIA HEALTH SYSTEM
- Medical Assistant at DREXEL UNIVERSITY COLLEGE OF MEDICINE
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Health Services Administration
- Associate of Arts - General Studies
- High School Diploma
As a medical coordinator I am a direct contact for any medical needs in the inpatient rehab treatment facility. This role includes delivering medications and monitoring for adverse reactions/efficacy, vitals (bp, pulse, respiration, temperature, and 02), coordinating patients with medical and psychiatric providers, briefing and debriefing with said doctors, charting visits, faxing/calling prescriptions into pharmacies, coordinating labs, urine drug screenings, TB testing, and a wide range of medical consultations and general medical monitoring with patients. I would also be one of the first contacts for emergency situations and I am CPR/AED/first aid certified.
- Medical Coordinator at Recovery Ways
- Clinical Pharmacy Technician at Magellan Health
- Managed Care Pharmacy Technician at Molina Healthcare
- Sr. Pharmacy Technician at Walgreens
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Information Technology - Software Programming
• Surgical Coordinator
• Review of medical records and medical fees, negotiating with physicians to maintain the UCR guidelines.
• Evaluations of member responsibilities, as well as the underwriting criteria to ensure pre-existing conditions are identified to safeguard the company's cost protection.
• Evaluation of criteria for ambulance transfers based on patient condition
• Fast paced medical department multi email and calls daily
• Boutique medical care for international patient base
• Evaluate pre-authorization requests making decisions on payment or denial of patient care within policy guidelines.
- Medical Coordinator at Bupa Global, International Medical Insurance, Palmetto
- Senior Customer Service Representative at Bupa Global, International Medical Insurance, Palmetto
4 years, 6 months at this Job
- Diploma - Medical
- Associate of Specialized Technology Diploma - Technology
Medical Coordinator ChildNet, Inc. April 2016 – Present o Coordinated increase of health insurance coverage for children in foster care through the Agency for Health Care Administration (AHCA) dramatically improving the quality of life of children in the foster care system o Implemented HMO Medicaid reform which increased the level of coverage for children in foster care by 98% o Received repeated praise for flawless maintenance of medical records in compliance with Department of Children and Families (DCF) guidelines o Provides authoritative advice and facilitated training to Child Advocates increasing their knowledge of all applicable facets of Medicaid and HMO polices which increased overall organizational compliance and decreased rejected claims by 42% o Directly involved in ensuring complex logistical challenges where met while placing unaccompanied alien children (UAC) being introduced into the South Florida foster care system o Assisted in the development and revision of local policies within the organization o Managed complex scheduling and de-confliction of medical and dental appointments for children in and out of home care decreasing stress of those in my care o Developed and led multiple internal and external training sessions ensuring the organization maintained awareness and currency of Medicaid updates and compliance o Created and maintained medical profile for each child in the Florida State Families Network (FSFN) o Expertly coordinated transportation to and from all required medical appointments o Flawless managed and used of Personally Identifiable Information (PII) and Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) databases which ensured the highest level of regard for sensitive and confidential data o Routinely provided consultation and technical assistance to Child Advocates to ensure common mistakes or missteps were avoided during complex issues and cases in regards to medical insurance
- Medical Coordinator at Childnet Inc
- Intake Coordinator at Medical Cost Management
2 years, 9 months at this Job
Medical coordinator Spoke with doctors One on one with Gaurdians Medications Medication reviews Ordered meds / psych medications Set appointments Case management Quick Mar Appointment scheduling. Medication count controls Medication handling Ordering of Medication Quick Mar Mar trained
- Medical Coordinator/Assistant Manager at Beacon Specialized Living Services
- DSP (Direct Support Professional) at Hopenetwork
- Lead staff at Flatrock Manor Assisted Living
- Manager assistant at Whispering pines elderly
8 months at this Job
•transcribe all medications
•request refills from the pharmacy
•complete all medical returns
•communicate with doctors and patients
•scheduling daily up to 10 staff
•handle disciplinary actions
•conduct in home trainings
•complete payroll and billing invoices HHA
•care for 3 residents
•administer all medications including insulin
•diabetic and ileostomy care
•transport to drs appts and work
•transport on outsings
•maintain health and safety
•grooming and hygiene
•help with goals and daily reminders
•deal with many disabilities including autism, bipolar, anxiety etc
- Management/ medical coordinator at Integrated Living Services
- Medical Coordinator/direct care supporter at MACOMB FAMILY SERVICES
9 years, 5 months at this Job
- Medical assistant diploma
I’m currently an DCW and Medical Coordinator for an Adult Foster Care home assisting 6 women with their daily needs cooking, cleaning, assisting with hygiene care. Providing campainionship planning activities for them setting up theirs medical appointments in an home environment setting.
- Direct Care Worker/Medical Coordinator at Creative Images, Inc.
- Tax Preparer at Jackson Hewitt
- Clerical/Dispatcher at RJH Transportation
- Adminstrative Secretary at Divine Restoration Ministries/Restoration House Community Center
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Diploma - General Studies
- Diploma - Office Specialist