I transcribed a wide variety of medical reports and operative procedure reports. I owned a medical transcription service for approximately 10 years from which I retired after 10 years to become a veterinary technician, having begun working in medical transcription in approximately 1979 (I was a CMT at one point). I worked as a medical editor, editing reports from all over the country in many specialties most recently in 2015 for M*Modal but wanted to work with animals. I wish to get back into the field, as I was very good at that job. Date I started is approximat.e.
- Medical transcriptionist/medical editor at M*Modal
- Technician at Animal Health
- Technician at Animal Health
- Technician at Animal Health
10 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associate - Animal health technology (see below, most recent)
- Associate of Science - Technology
- Associate of Arts - General Education
Home transcription company where I began transcribing and later advanced to editing medical records for hospitals, physician's office, emergency care facilities, etc.
- Medical Editor at Spheris
- Head Cashier/Payroll Clerk at Knight's Grocery
13 years, 5 months at this Job
- High school
Precisely edits medical records transcribed via voice recognition involving multiple medical disciplines and very strict turnaround times.
• Uses a variety of software applications, Lotus Notes, Microsoft Word, Outlook, proprietary software, etc.
• Strictly adheres to Federal HIPPA requirements while handling all medical records.
• Works independently daily, self-directed, without direct supervision.
- Medical Editor at United Health Group
- Medical Transcriptionist at United Health Group
- Office Manager at AGMTS
6 years at this Job
- Copyedits, proofreads, and quality checks medical and marketing materials across multiple therapeutic areas for grammar, spelling, punctuation, consistency, flow, style, formatting, clarity, and accuracy - Ensures all content adheres to AMA style, house style, and client style - Partners closely with medical writers, medical directors, medical reviewers, and medical information specialists throughout the content development process to ensure that scientific content demonstrates attention to detail, quality assurance checks are completed, and content complies with FDA regulations and internal compliance/regulatory guidelines - Assists with data accuracy reviews of scientific content to ensure content is accurate, claims are appropriately supported, sources are valid, and content is properly referenced - Acts as a key stakeholder on assigned teams by participating in project kickoffs, weekly team meetings, content creation deep dives, quality control sessions, and departmental meetings - Maintains client and brand style guides for assigned brands, documenting brand promotional standards as established by each client’s marketing, medical, legal, and regulatory functions - Provides training to medical and cross-functional teammates on the medical editor’s role and responsibilities, our internal editing process and editorial best practices, how to use our internal workflow management software, and how to review edits and mark up documents electronically - Demonstrates basic project management skills by reviewing and providing feedback on project timelines, monitoring the hours and budget for the medical editing portion of each assigned project and providing budgetary feedback on upcoming work, ensuring the content development process is followed and that appropriate stakeholders are engaged at each step, and participating in risk planning and mitigation and escalating risk as necessary to provide creative and constructive solutions - Coordinates with fellow medical editors and outside service providers to ensure backup coverage is in place prior to periods of peak activity - Demonstrates a thorough understanding of policies and processes of assigned accounts
- Medical Editor at Avant Healthcare
- Medical Editor at inVentiv Health Clinical
- Brand Editor at BCforward on assignment at Lilly USA, LLC
- Freelance Proofreader at Penguin Random House/Alpha Books
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- B.A. - Journalism
- Medical Editor at SkyScription
- Medical Transcriptionist/Editor at Nuance Communications (Transcend)
- Medical transcriptionist at Central Florida Regional Hospital
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- Certificate of Medical Transcription - SUM program of Transcription
Medical editing, copy writing, proofreading, and annotation fact-checking for midtown pharmaceutical agency. Review presentations, pitches, abstracts, websites, pitches, and DTC and DTP projects. EOR for Bausch + Lomb, Humira, and Novartis.
● Edit and rewrite for grammar, consistency, clarity, adherence to AMA and client style guidelines; review and fact-check citations using PubMed and client feedback.
● Review articles and publications related to healthcare and the life sciences.
● Maintain and update client style guides as well as an addendum of general client updates.
- Senior Medical Editor at InTouch Solutions
- Senior Medical Editor at Heartbeat Ideas
- Marketing Consultant at International Association of Business Communicators
- Editor at
4 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - English Literature
- Bachelor of Arts - English and Communications
- Associate of Applied Science - Biological Technology
• Nucleus Central: Edit and style/format abstracts, posters, presentation decks, scientific statements, manuscripts, etc. [current contract]
• MedThink SciCom: Edit and fact check abstracts, posters, presentation decks, scientific platforms, manuscripts, etc. [current contract]
• Editage (a division of Cactus Communications): Edit and style/format manuscripts prior to submission to various medical journals [current contract]
• The Bloc: Annotate and fact check various projects prior to MLR review
• FCB Health: Edit and proofread Websites, sales aids, proposal decks, pharmaceutical packaging, promotional material, emails, opinion papers, etc.
• Strategic Edge Communications: Edit, annotate, and fact check Website content, presentation decks, advertorials, and concept boards
• Medical Knowledge Group: Proofread beta Websites, pharmaceutical promotional material, and patient education material. Write and edit physician/researcher biographies
• Frontline Medical Communications (formerly Quadrant HealthCom):
• Federal Practitioner: Edit various journal and supplement articles
• Clinician Reviews: Enter past journal issues into CMS archives
• Emergency Medicine: Enter past journal issues into CMS archives
• Journal of Family Practice: Fix errors in CMS archives (TYPO3)
• OBG Management: Transcribe physician interviews
- Freelance Medical Editor/Proofreader at Self-Employed
- Managing Editor, Federal Practitioner at Quadrant HealthCom
- Managing Editor, The American Journal of Orthopedics at Quadrant HealthCom
- Associate Editor, Federal Practitioner at Quadrant HealthCom
7 years, 5 months at this Job
- BA - English
- Medical Editor at Life Extension Magazine
- Chief Scientific Writer at Beyond Biology
- Doctor Health Advisor- Oncology at
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder Project Co-Coordinator at University of Arizona, Department of Family Medicine
1 month at this Job
- Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine - Naturopathic Medicine
- - Southwest Naturopathic Medical
• Met deadlines proofreading author manuscripts against typeset proofs for grammatical, design, and punctuation errors
• Guaranteed editorial consistency in medical terminology and concepts and, if necessary, regulatory compliance
• Executed responsibilities with very limited supervision
- Medical Editor (remote, freelance) at Graphic World Inc.
- Insurance Enrollment Processor at Aerotek Staffing Solutions
- Administrative Assistant at Lakeville United C of C
- Occupational Therapist (OT) at
4 years at this Job
- Associates - Health Information Technology
- Bachelor of Science - Occupational Therapy
Transcribed medical reports in an acute care setting. . Medical editor. . Earned excellent quality evaluations.
- MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST/EDITOR at MEDQUIST
- MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST at UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN
- MEDICAL TRANSCRIPTIONIST at SPHERIS
- MEDICAL RECORDS TRANSCRIPTIONIST at BONS SECOURS HOSPITAL
3 years, 2 months at this Job