SCIENCE PUBLISHING, WRITING, AND EDITING EXPERIENCE
• Healthline Media, San Francisco, CA. Medical editor for Healthline.com consumer website
• Lippincott Williams & Wilkins, Philadelphia, PA. Freelance medical writer and editor, medical education and consumer health books and software
• Rodale Press, Inc., Emmaus, PA. Publications coordinator and editor for the Rodale Research Center and associate writer and editor for Rodale Press Health Books
• Lehigh Valley Health Network, Allentown, PA. Medical transcription editor, electronic medical records
• Scholastic, Inc., New York, NY. Intern and freelance writer for Science World magazine
• Elsevier Science Publishing Co., New York, NY. Editorial assistant to the senior acquisitions editor of business, math, and technology journals and books
• Plenum Publishing Corp., New York, NY. Editorial assistant to the senior acquisitions editor of earth science, physics, and chemistry books
• Garden State EnviroNet. NJ, PA, NY News gatherer, weekly blog
• Volunteers in Service to America (VISTA), Knoxville, TN. Editor of the Tennessee Valley Energy Coalition TVEC News, an energy conservation newsletter CONSERVATION, ENVIRONMENT, AND EDUCATION EXPERIENCE
• National Park Service, Delaware Water Gap National Recreation Area, PA. Visitor use assistant
• Conservation reserve and certified organic farm, Kutztown, PA. Farm management and conservation assistant
• American Museum of Natural History, New York, NY, and Portal, AZ. Research assistant, AMNH Southwestern Research Station, field and laboratory animal behavior research
• Rutgers University Center for Coastal and Environmental Studies, New Brunswick, NJ. Research assistant, field and laboratory research on ecology of plants, water, and soils
• Kutztown University, Kutztown, PA. Developmental Studies Program, study skills instructor
- Medical Editor at
at this Job
- M.A. - Journalism
- B.S. - Natural Resource Management
Perform administrative duties to include: Prioritize workload by multitasking for physicians and departments to include: Neuropsychology Division, Memory Disorders Program, Sports Concussion Clinic and Child Behavioral Health.
• Detail-oriented, communicates with MDs and technicians.
• Types, prepares and formats complex medical reports/analysis.
• Utilizes electronic medical record (CIS program).
• Verifies and scans medical records for patients through Centricity program.
• Develops Excel spreadsheets for quick patient info reference.
• Manages payroll (supervisor duty) for the department through Kronos system.
• Prioritizes workload and is a team player who assists co-workers with problem solving, computer assistance, etc. BMC TRAINING SESSIONS:
• Centricity training class (2018).
• Kronos payroll training class (2017).
• Other: Word/Excel/PowerPoint/ICD/CPT coding/PCIS training, Kronos supervisor training, HIPPA training. MEDICAL RECORD CHART REVEIWER/CODER Physician Billing, Department of Medicine, Baystate Medical Center 759 Chestnut Street, Springfield, MA
• Review chart to correspond billing with physician note.
• Utilize ICD/CPT coding. Medical Record Chart Reviewer - Baystate Outpatient Child Clinic, 140 High Street, Springfield, MA ASSISTANT TO THE DIRECTOR OF PULMONARY SERVICES & TECHNICAL DIRECTOR/Respiratory Therapy 140 High Street, Springfield, MA 01104
• Medical Assisting
• CPR certified during these years CATUOGNO COURT REPORTING - Escription/Stentel Transcribing Service
- Medical Editor at BAYSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
- at BAYSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
- Customer Service at BAYSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
- Medical Editor at BAYSTATE MEDICAL CENTER
26 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Quality assurance and monthly audits. Training and mentoring new employees. Transcription of hospital acute care reports, transcription of clinic notes of all specialties and multiple accounts. Transcription of pathology reports. Reason for leaving: Still employed/part-time. Needing more work.
• iMedx Transcription, January 2013 to September 2014 Position: Medical transcriptionist/medical editor. Experience: Transcription of hospital acute care reports, transcription of clinic notes of all specialties and multiple accounts. Experience of all specialities, including pathology, neonatology, interventional radiology, clinic notes, pathology reports, ER reports, and genetics. Reason for leaving: Account lost.
• MedQuist/M*Modal, 1989 to June 2012, office and at-home position Position: Transcriptionist/editor/quality assurance, Master Medical Editor, management, and auditing. Experience: Management in-office and at home including, quality, supervision, shift manager, building team skills, customer team lead, mentoring, daily workload management in a 24/7 environment. Transcription, editing, and quality assurance of all acute care specialties, including radiology, pathology, interventional radiology, and oncology. Reason for leaving: Layoff.
- Medical transcriptionist/medical editor at
- Pathology Transcriptionist at St. John Medical Center
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- High school - Academic
University Of Washington Medical Center, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Fred Hutchison Cancer Research Center
Medical word interpreter and editor for above named institutions.
- Medical editor/transcriptionist (remote position) at University Of Washington Medical Center, Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, Fred Hutchison Cancer Research Center
- Medical terminology and transcription instructor at Renton Technical College/Pinellas Voc Tech
- Medical transcriptionist for nationwide transcription service (remote position) at Medquist
- Medical Transcriptionist/Editor at NLF Transcription (owner)
14 years, 2 months at this Job
- Certificate program cum laude - medical terminology/transcription/anatomy and physiology/lab science/pharmacology
- - Art major and health administration
• Edit and fact check medical news articles
• Publish articles within proprietary content management system (CMS)
• Edit questions for a custom "quiz" product
• Write press releases to promote custom articles or surveys
• Maintain editorial style sheet
• Audit existing sources for news
- Medical Editor at M3 USA
- Professional Translator at
- Managing Editor/Medical Writer at Chichester Associates Inc
- Payroll Administrator and AP Administrator at Tangible Software
2 months at this Job
- Certificate in Translation
- Bachelor of Arts - French and Russian
- Certificate in business French translation
• Acquire, edit, and publish editorial content for the Clinical Edge section of key magazines
• Review top medical journals, as well as PubMed, for pertinent articles in the following topics: dermatology, rheumatology, neurology, and psychiatry.
• Condense articles into 200- to 250-word briefs; post between 20-25 briefs a week.
• Edit co-workers' and freelancers' copy.
• Procure and manage KOLs and edit commentary. Skills include:
• Computer-literate across multiple platforms, including Microsoft Word and Drupal CMS.
• Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects under tight deadlines.
• Knowledge of both AMA Manual of Style.
• Able to work independently or as part of a team.
- Digital Medical Editor/Writer at Frontline Medical Communications
- Account Executive, Advertising Sales at New Jersey Jewish News
- Publicist at Rubenstein Communications, Inc
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- BS - Magazine Journalism
Editor and Medical Transcriptionist - July 2006 to Present
• Reduction in Dr. Mouradian's Transcription/Editor staff from 5 people down to 1 (me) increased SCOI's revenues.
• Efficiently and accurately transcribed and edited all types of reports (Non-Med-Legal and Med-Legal) utilizing voice/audio dictation files (DSS/DS2) and/or Dragon Medical transcribed patient notes provided by Dr. Mouradian.
• Performed record abstractions/summaries from actual scanned medical records and manually transcribed or utilized Dragon Medical to transcribe this abstracted information into reporting.
• Edited EdataServices.com abstracted medical records and incorporated into reporting.
• Edited patient histories provided by Historian and incorporated into reporting.
• Utilized all available references to ensure high-level of accuracy in comparison against audio/voice dictations and/or Dragon Medical transcribed patient notes provided by Dr. Mouradian.
• Researched and provided weekly updated Billing Excel spreadsheet to Manager of Administrative Support and Practice Coordinator showing status of outstanding reports to determine if the reports were finalized, in draft mode, or were pending transcription.
• Performed daily email correspondence with Dr. Mouradian, Practice Coordinator, Medical Assistant, and Manager of Administrative Support in Outlook regarding transcription/business issues.
• Participated in phone meetings with Manager of Administrative Support, Practice Coordinator, and Medical Assistant to discuss issues regarding transcription/reporting and provide updates on status of dates of service.
• Named, organized, and maintained DSS voice files and Dragon Medical patient notes received from Dr. Mouradian per patient/date of service into transcription folder to be processed.
• Maintained Excel sheet and backup folder of completed reports by date of service/patient.
• Performed and processed changes, corrections, or further research needed in reporting as identified and communicated by Dr. Mouradian.
• Researched issues on status of reporting using Dr. Mouradian's Excel spreadsheet.
• Developed and maintained transcription templates/letterhead in Microsoft Word.
• Converted DS2 into DSS voice files in Olympus DSS Player Pro for transcription processing.
• Listened to DSS voice files using Start Stop Transcription Software and utilized foot pedal to transcribe reports.
• Utilized SRS to research patient electronic file information by date of service using modules such as chart notes, correspondence/letters, diagnostic tests, operative procedures, status, record reviews/outside records, histories, physical exams, demographics/intake, surgeries, and authorizations.
• Frequently used Acrobat Reader DC to view documents in SRS.
• Utilized SCOI PACS (Picture Archiving and Communication System) to determine if diagnostic tests/images were obtained by patient.
• Reviewed patient demographics, appointments by office location, and insurance information in Centricity.
• Participated in online training: HIPAA (Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act); OSHA (Occupational Safety and Health Administration).
- Medical Editor and Transcriptionist at Southern California Orthopedic Institute - William H. Mouradian, M.D., Orthopedic Surgeon
- Medical Transcriptionist and Records Abstractor at Donald de Grange, M.D., Orthopedic Surgeon
- Internet Business Owner at AromatherapyScents.com
- Senior Analyst, Sales Systems at DOLE Packaged Foods, LLC
12 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Business Administration
Serve as lead editor on product launch of a rheumatoid arthritis oral medication. Fact check and style digital, print, and TV promotional materials for the global, payer, consumer, and direct-to-physician markets. Align content with client style and per American Medical Association (AMA) guidelines. Annotate content for submission and provide editorial support on other brands when needed
- Senior Medical Editor at Grey Group
- Senior Medical Editor at Heartbeat
- Senior Medical Editor (freelance) at Digitas Health
- Senior Medical Editor (freelance) at J. Walter
1 year at this Job
I was responsible for transcribing all report types for Memorial Hospital and Beacon Health System. I accurately transcribed all report types and my quarterly audit scores were always 98% or above and achieved 100% on one quarterly audit. I reported to my manager or their designee. Interpreted, transcribed and verified dictation by physicians and/or other health care professionals regarding patient assessment, work-up, therapeutic procedures, clinical course, diagnosis, prognosis, etc. to document patient care and facilitate delivery of health care services for inclusion in medical records. Transcribed medical dictation which may include: Histories and physicals, consultations, surgery reports, discharge and death summaries, Emergency Department notes, EEGs, EMGs, psychiatric evaluations and social histories as well as other reports for the medical record. I organized work and set priorities to meet work deadlines. Maintained a 98% accuracy percentage on work completed. I pioneered the pilot program in being the first transcriptionist to work from home and when proven successful, led to the eventual entire department of 13 transcriptionists working from their homes.
- Medical Editor/Transcriptionist at Beacon Health System
19 years, 9 months at this Job
- Associate Degree in Business Administration and Medical Transcription - Medical Transcription
Responsibilities Downloading patient medical reports, editing the format and contents of such reports, forwarding to numerous hospitals across the United States. Knowledge of medical terminology, strictly working within turnaround times, much attention to detail. Accomplishments Assuring that patient's personal health information is received in a timely manner by numerous hospitals throughout the United States, placed in patient charts to be reviewed by medical personnel in order to have correct and updated information on patient care. Skills Used Assuring patient information dictated by hospital personnel was correct and making necessary changes (including all terminology, diagnoses, medications, etc.) under strict time constraints.
- Medical Editor/Transcriptionist at ACUSIS
- Freelance Home Transcriptionist at QUICKTATE
- CARETAKER at Self-employed
- Medical Transcriptionist/Medical Records Department at ALLE-KISKI MEDICAL CENTER
5 years, 10 months at this Job
- - Medical
- - Word Processing