12/2005 - 12/2010
• Determine if cases are for medical examiner or jurisdiction declined.
• Perform external exam of bodies to assess organ donation suitability.
• Assist medical examiner perform autopsies, examine & measure cadaver, and document all observations.
• Follow Florida statutes for processing autopsies.
• Work closely with the County Law Enforcement Agencies to ensure all procedures are followed.
• Prepare cadaver and release body to funeral home.
• Enter police reports into the ME computer system.
• Plan and coordinate work schedule.
• Take ID and injury photographs.
• Maintain the camera equipment and x-ray machine. H. Lee Moffitt Cancer Center
- District 10 Medical Examiner at Dist. 10 Medical Examiner
- Protocol Monitoring Committee Coordinator at Protocol Support Office
- Research Specialist I at
- Retrieval Coordinator at Central Florida Lions Eye & Tissue Bank, Inc
3 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Forensic Science
• Experience working in a medical examiner office setting
• Perform laboratory and autopsy procedures to help determine cause, manner, and circumstances of injuries of violent, sudden, unexpected and suspicious deaths, including those of natural causes
• Consultation with law enforcement agencies, coroners, criminologists, physicians, and funeral homes regarding forensic investigations to establish and secure medicolegal evidence as well as maintain the chain of custody of evidence and the decedent
• Ensuring that the proper paperwork, reports, and permits are received prior to and following autopsy
• Experience using digital radiograph machine and handheld portable dental x-ray, as well as forensic photography of both patients and evidence
• Collect toxicological specimens, fingerprints, and forensic evidence
• Experience obtaining materials for scientific identification of unidentified remains, such as fingerprints, DNA, and dental radiographs
- Medical Examiner Assistant at Mississippi State Medical Examiner's Office
- Member of Mercyhurst Forensic Scene Recovery Team at Mercyhurst University
- Graduate Assistant - Information Technology at Mercyhurst University
- Internship at Mississippi State Medical Examiner's Office
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Master of Science
- MSc in Forensic and Biological Anthropology - Biological Anthropology
- BS in Anthropology - Forensic Anthropology
* Collect initial reports of death. * Determine if death falls within the Medical Examiner's jurisdiction. * Collect and preserve criminal evidence used to determine manner, cause and mechanism of death. * Communicate with Law Enforcement, notify next of kin and outside agencies. * Review medical history of decedent with family/witnesses * Complete investigations, review information with families/witnesses and comprise reports for the Medical Examiner. * Completed over 800 field/other death investigations with Washtenaw County ME Office * Assist pathologists' with the dissection of body and organs. 5.5 years experience. * Perform general and technical duties of an autopsy assistant. Department Safety Liaison. * Established ability to work effectively in a team or independently
- Medical Examiner Investigator / Autopsy Assistant at Washtenaw County Medical Examiner's Office /University of Michigan Hospital
- Pathology Assistant at Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital
- Associate Scientist/Licensed Veterinary Technician at Pfizer Global Research & Development
- Veterinary technician, greenfield animal hospital, southfield, mi at
5 years, 6 months at this Job
- Associate - Criminal Justice
- Associate of Applied Science - Veterinary Technology
Responsible for triage of medical examiner cases involving reportable deaths, next-of-kin death notifications and conducting death scene investigations under ORS 146.090 in determining the cause and manner of death under the direction of forensic pathologists
- Deputy Medical Examiner at Multnomah County Medical Examiner's Office
- District Manager at American Red Cross
- Team Supervisor at American Red Cross
- Nuclear Medicine Stress Test Technician - Paramedic at EMT-P
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- - Medical
• Conduct investigations of natural and non-natural fatalities, child death, homicidal violence, suicide, drug/alcohol involved death, motor vehicular, after-the-fact deaths.
• Respond to scenes of reported deaths and perform a skilled investigation
• Processes crime scenes: examines crime scenes for evidence: identifies, collects, and preserves physical evidence; performs crime scene photography and sketching
• Documents all investigative information: prepares detailed case reports and records; enters/uploads information into department databases; verifies accuracy and completeness of information
• Interview employees, other departments, clients, family members, companion aides, social service agencies, government agencies, counselors, medical providers, probation officers, law enforcement and court personnel.
- Medical Examiner Investigator at Mecklenburg County Medical Examiner
- Traffic Attendant/Security at Lewis Ginter Botanical Gardens
- Police Officer at Bureau of Indian Affairs/Wind River Agency
- Escort NCO at US Army
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- - Forensic Science
- Bachelor's - European History
- Bachelor's - Criminology/Sociology
Duties: Assisting medical examiner during autopsy, attend death scenes and remove bodies, create and maintain chain of custody on evidence, handle and preserve evidence, take fingerprints
- Medical Examiner's Assistant I at Boston Medical Examiner's Office
- Medical Examiner's intern at Onondaga County
- Crime Scene Technician at Metro Nashville Police Department
1 month at this Job
- M.S. - Forensic Sciences
- B. S. - Biological Anthropology
I was responsible for all aspects of medicolegal death investigation including performing autopsies, scene investigation, toxicology, histopathology, neuropathology, report writing, providing expert court testimony, speaking/presenting at seminars, teaching medical students and pathology residents.
- Medical Examiner at Onondaga County Medical Examiner's Office
- Assistant Professor of Pathology and Laboratory Medicine at SUNY Upstate Medical University
- Associate Medical Examiner & Director of Education at Allegheny County Office of the Medical Examiner
- Forensic Pathology Fellow at Allegheny County Office of the Medical Examiner
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Medicine
- None - Computer and Electrical Engineering
- Bachelor's - Computer and Electrical Engineering, GPA 3.69
I'm a medical examiner for EMSI part time I go out to applicants home and perform medical exams for life insurance or clincal trials.
- Medical Examiner at EMSI
- Phlebotomist at Springs Memorial Hospital
- Server at Applebee's
- Cashier at Smalls
2 months at this Job
- BS - Psychology
- Associates in Nursing - Nursing
Investigate and document unattended or suspicious deaths. Request medical records for the pathologists. Interact with law enforcement and family to provide and obtain information.
- Medical Examiner Investigator at Travis County Medical Examiner's Office
- EMT-B at AMR
- Behavior Therapist at White Bridle
- Registrar at Medical Center of Arlington
5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Chinese Language and Culture
- Medical Examiner- Coroner at Los Angeles County Department of Medical Examiner
- Chemical Safety Student Assistant at CSULA
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Criminalistics - Criminalistics
- Bachelor of Science in Biology - Biology