-Scan medical records and legal documents -Update and verify patient information -Fax records to primary care physicians -Take requests for medical records, following HIPAA regulations
- Medical Information Specialist at Milford Regional Medical Center
- Personal Response Associate/Dispatcher at Philips Lifeline
- Cashier/Cash Office Assistant/Domestics Department Associate at
- Receptionist/Clerical Worker at Metrowest Medical Center
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Coordinates the timely response to Continuing Care requestors and serves as a Resource for the release of patient information while assuring patient confidentiality is protected. The specialist; coordinates timely response to all requests for patient information as required by HIPAA rules and regulations. Process ROI Requests Demonstrates working knowledge of the legal requirements for responding to subpoenas for health information. Demonstrates proficiency in use of all computer software systems required for Release of Information
- Legal Medical Information specialist at Inova Fairfax Medical Campus
- QC Tech at HIM EMR
- Front Desk Manager at Red Roof Inn Winter Haven FL
- Document Prep Specialist at Stat Imaging Solutions
7 months at this Job
- - Medical Coding
- - Interdisciplinary Studies
Acts as fully functional member of the Medical Information Contact Center. Responsibilities include: formulating and providing labeled and unlabeled medical and safety information to unsolicited consumer and health care professional requests in accordance with regulatory requirements, industry standards, and client and internal SOPs and practices, accurately identifying and documenting adverse events and product complaints, actively participating in client-support activities, assisting in training support, and providing after-hours call support.
- Medical Information Specialist (RN) at ProPharma Group
- Licensed Team Leader/Licensed Healthcare Communicator (RN) at Ashfield Healthcare, LLC
- Licensed Healthcare Communicator (RN) at Ashfield Healthcare, LLC
- Registered Nurse at Hahnemann University Hospital
4 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Nursing
• Analyzed and processed consumers and healthcare provider inquiries on branded products
• Constructed verbal and written responses based on published medical and scientific literature
• Identified and documented spontaneous Adverse Drug Events and Product Quality Complaints
• Developed and implemented a "Product Review Course" and trained six medical information specialists
• Systematized metrics in Information Record Management Systems software for client summary report
• Validated and verified reference medical literature for use in written correspondences
- Medical Information Specialist/ Pharmacist at EnvoyHealth Company
- Staff Pharmacist at Harris Teeter Pharmacy
- at Oman Medical College
- at Rite Aid Pharmacy #1694
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Doctor of Pharmacy - Pharmacy
- - Pre-Pharmacy Curriculum
• Provide subject matter expertise in vast array of pharmaceutical and biotechnology products.
• Identify and develop professional relationships with KOLs by engaging in ongoing and balanced scientific exchanges.
• Gather feedback and insights from KOLs that may impact development plans, clinical trials, strategies, tactics and medical education programs.
• Work collaboratively and cross-functionally with members of medical affairs and marketing teams while retaining functional independence.
• Provides clinical trial support to identify potential sites, resolve issues with enrolled sites, and participate in meetings as appropriate.
• Compile research and data from relevant medical literature, creating detailed summaries for clinical replies.
• Stay abreast of new clinical developments, papers and trends and work with marketing teams to be a conduit to the field for review of these developments
• Provide scientific information on designated products/therapeutic areas in response to external customers, healthcare professionals, and sales/medical science liaison teams.
• Conduct medical reviews of promotional materials designed by marketing department for the internal use by field medical teams.
• Attend medical and scientific conferences and webinars.
- Medical Information Specialist at Asembia
- Pharmacy Manager at Walmart
- Clinical Pharmacist at Enclara Health
- Pharmacy Manager at CVS Pharmacy
9 months at this Job
- PharmD - Pharmacy
- Bachelor Of Science - Exercise/Sport Science
- - Clinical Chemistry
Respond, triage, and document unsolicited escalated medical information inquiries received via the established vendors' documentation process as related to the Teva US generic product-line or portfolio.
Support management in the periodic development and review of departmental processes [e.g., SOPs and Work Instructions (WI)].
• Research, review and provide medical validation and contribute to the approval process of promotional and non-promotional materials for Teva US generic products via Veeva Vault promo mats system. Develop educational tools and presentations relevant to expanding Teva generic product line to provide support to medical information call center staff.
• Review updated FDA guidances, regulations, and relevant warning letters for the continuing education of medical information staff. Support Risk Mitigation and Evaluation Strategy (REMS) programs as required from the initiation and implementation, to the FDA assessments for 4 different REMS program.
• Reviewed, Drafted and commented on Standard Response Letters (SRLs) for Health Care Professionals (HCP). Reviewed, Drafted, Created Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) verbal and written responses for product inquiries and product recalls including a patient level recall.
- Sr. Medical Information Specialist at Teva Pharmaceuticals Inc
- Staff Pharmacist at Passavant Development
- Staff Pharmacist at Kindred Pharmacy Services
- Staff Pharmacist. Northwestern at Institute of Psychiatry
4 years, 5 months at this Job
- M.S. In Pharmacy - Pharmacy
- B.S. in Pharmacy - Pharmacy
-Using a computerized system, responds to customer inquiries in a fast-paced inbound call center environment -Responds to high volume of telephone inquiries and complaints using standard scripts, procedures, and available resources -Gather information to research and resolve inquiries documenting callers information in their profile -Communicates appropriate options for resolution
- Medical Information Specialist at ACS/Aetna
- Pharmacy Technician at WakeMed Hospitals
- Pharmacy Techician at UNC Campus Health Service Pharmacy
- Pharmacy Technician at Central Prison Pharmacy, Raleigh
9 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Clinical Research
Worked inside the Forsyth County Jail's medical unit. Scanned medical and legal documents in inmates medical charts. Answered multiple phone lines. Scheduled and requested approval for specailists at doctor's request. Scheduled x-rays and ultrasounds to be completed inside the jail. Scheduled transportation for inmates to go to doctor's and specialist appoints.
- Medical Information Specialist at Correct Health
- Front Desk Receptionist/Office Assistant at Dr Jimmy Burns
- Medical Insurance Billing at Clinical Laboratory Services
2 years, 6 months at this Job
- Certified in Word Processing - Computer
- Medical Office Assistant - Medical Assistant
- Notary Public - Legal
• Develop and maintain disease state expertise and knowledge of pharmacological treatment options in CNS disorders (epilepsy, migraine) and Women's Health.
• Support the Medical Affairs Department readiness for launch of a branded anti-epilepsy drug through preparation of standard medical information responses and formal response letters in advance of launch.
• Support the Medical Science Liaison team through fulfillment of medical information response letters and literature search requests. Provide consolidated literature summaries on topics of interest.
• Develop and execute epilepsy, migraine, and women's health technical training for internal and field sales teams. Collaborate with the sales training department to ensure technical training goals are achieved.
• Attend scientific meetings to engage in continuous learning, interact and engage in scientific exchange with key opinion leaders, obtain investigator initiated and sponsored research (IISR) study updates from investigators, and gather competitive intelligence.
• Respond to unsolicited medical inquires with accurate, fair-balanced, scientifically sound information which may include dissemination of reprints, posters, medical letters, or other scientific literature.
• Coordinate the review and funding of IISR grants. Request regular study updates from investigators to ensure milestones are achieved while monitoring IISR timelines and budgets.
• Conduct literature searches and summarize findings which are used to guide business decisions.
• Author Qudexy® XR posters which were presented at the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists (ASHP) midyear clinical meeting, 2016.
• Publish quarterly department newsletter on relevant medical/product news and Medical Affairs activities.
- Medical Affairs, Senior Medical Information Specialist at UPSHER-SMITH LABORATORIES, INC
- at UPSHER-SMITH LABORATORIES, INC
- Medical Information Specialist at UPSHER-SMITH LABORATORIES, INC
- Community Pharmacist at FAIRVIEW PHARMACY SERVICES
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Doctor of Pharmacy - Pharmacy
- Bachelor of Arts - Biology
• Provide phone support to health care professionals and patients, involving receipt and tracking of medical inquiries, adverse events, product quality complaints, and other types of calls as required.
• Receive, triage, review and process safety data from various sources. This involves performing data entry into tracking and client safety databases, generating follow up queries pertinent to the case, performing quality control, assisting with reconciliation, driving case closure, and performing other safety-related tasks as needed e.g. regulatory reporting
• Receive and document incoming telephone calls, faxes or emails from various sources including investigative sites during regular weekday business working hours.
• Establish and maintain effective team communications i.e. provide regular feedback to the local management team on project metrics, out of scope work challenges/issues and successes.
• Provided leadership training and mentoring for less experienced team members of staff and assist managers with appropriate allocation of resource.
• Participate in training across Lifecycle safety service offerings, participate in working groups as applicable in implementation of new initiatives, identification and implementation of process efficiencies.
- Medical Information Specialist at IQVIA
- Nurse Medical Information Specialist at Conduent
- Pharmacovigilance Specialist at K-Force for Galderma
- Medial Safety Specialist at Alcon Laboratories
4 months at this Job
- AAS - Occupational Health and Environmental Safety
- Certificate of Completion - Nursing