-Job duties involve planting microbiology (environment, human, and autopsy specimens), performing routine and specialized tests, preparing and staining slides for analysis, performing phlebotomy, ordering proper tests according to protocol, routing specialized specimens to proper departments and/or facility, resulting testing information, cleaning and restocking the lab facility, keeping inventory, and ordering lab supplies -Processes specimens maintaining positive specimen identification, assists Medical Technologists and other lab staff. Maintains work area to ensure accurate processing of all specimens: Labels, processes and distributes specimens according to department standards. Sets up lab testing and/or procedure for Medical technologists to read. Assists Medical Technologists with procedural set up, specimen plating, slide staining, etc. · Performs clerical duties as assigned: Files requisitions, processes and distributes reports as assigned. Assists with communications with coworkers and other areas of the hospital by answering the phone, taking messages, etc: Promptly answers the phone, answering questions and routing calls to Medical technologists as appropriate. Receives specimens into the LIS, operates pneumatic tube system and distributes specimens as needed: Accurately receives specimens and routes to the correct lab or automation line.
- Medical Lab Assistant at University Medical Center of New Orleans (UMC)
- PATIENT ESCORT LEAD at UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER
- HEALTHCARE EDUCATOR at CATHOLIC CHARITIES
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES - Biology
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA
01970 l Sort specimens sent to lab from doctor's offices by priority l Assure specimen is labeled completely and accurately l Enter patient data into hospital system to ensure patient demographics are up to date l Enter doctor's orders into computer system l Label specimens for testing and send to correct department of the lab l Call doctors when necessary to check patient data or test orders l Receive specimens from Emergency Department and Hospital floors l Managed phone calls l Called doctors' offices to obtain written test orders for patients l Filed all faxed orders received from doctors l Researched unusual tests to ensure accuracy as to the doctor's orders
- Medical lab assistant at North Shore Medical Center Salem Hospital
- Courier Services at North Shore Medical Center Salem Hospital
14 years, 10 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
• Preformed routine and specialized tests with my team while recording and analyzing test information given to physicians.
• Proficient in aliquoting lab specimens as well as serum and plasma.
• Trained Medical personnel in physician's office on how the laboratory operated, what was expected, specifications on tests and turnaround times.
• Consistently met deadlines and tight schedules without sacrificing quality.
• Knowledgeable in insurance claims, billing processes and laboratory instrumentation.
- Medical Lab Assistant/Specimen Processor at Elite Medical Laboratory Solutions
- Administrative Assistant at New Life Wellness & Medical Spa
1 year, 3 months at this Job
Medical laboratory assistants handle various specimens and tests for many different patients. Detail-oriented and diligent in handling workload and processing tests. The ability to work well in team settings and have skills in communication, which are crucial to succeeding as a medical laboratory assistant.
- Medical Lab Assistant at Oneblood Inc
- Donor System Specialist at Oneblood Inc
- Ride Operator at Park Ops/Guest Service
- Guest Service Representative at St. Pete Times Forum
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Nursing
- Diploma - Nursing
- - Nursing
Performs a variety of clerical and technical duties associated with the pre- and post- analytical handling of laboratory specimens and laboratory results. Communicates lab results and respond to specimen related questions from internal and external clients. Centrifuging and delivering of specimen to designated departments. Faxing and copying results to doctor's offices. Assisting doctors and other medical personnel with procedure orders via fax and phone. Calling critical results to On-Call medical personnel. Clerical problem solving
- Medical Lab Assistant ll at St.Vincent's Healthcare
- Collections at Enhanced Recovery Corporation
- Collections/Customer Service at ADT Security Service
- Salon Coordinator at Dillard's Salon
6 years, 10 months at this Job
- - Medical Assistant
Medical Assistant Arthur Schlyer Medical
• Aiding Physician and Office Manager
• Ability to set up and perform PFT and EKG
• Assisted in performing injections and IV
• Responsible for obtaining patient vital signs and recording patient concerns in chart for physician
• Development of exceptional skills in patient care
• Multi-line phone calls
• Greet patients
• Medical terminology
• Verify insurance/DOB
• Working under minimal supervision
• Working in a team environment with diverse individuals
• Great attention to detail
• Ability to man front office and phones
• Appointment Scheduling
• Outstanding customer service
• Detail Oriented
• Team player
• Data Entry
• Maintain Office Supplies
• Exceptional typing skills
• Exceptional communication skills
• Time Management Skills Laboratory Assistant/Processor Physicians Stat Laboratory
• Verify patient name and DOB on identification card and test requisition
• Collection of patient samples
• Verify Insurance
• Proper Phone etiquette
• Ascertain that patient samples are correctly labeled and identifiable
• Placement of patient samples in appropriate area for testing, ensuring safety and specimen integrity
• Perform specimen processing duties to ensure accurate test results
• Ability to identify abnormal specimen integrity and communicate to Lab Manager
• Ability to handle all specimen rejections due to integrity or improper specimen collection methods
• Ascertain that all testing equipment is properly cleaned and maintained for testing
• Assisted in testing specimens
• Assisted in calibrating lab equipment
• Familiar with Hematology, Chemistry, Urinalysis, Serology and PT/INR testing
• Familiar with Architect 6100/4100, Ruby, Diasorin, Tosoh, Urinalysis, Sed Rate and Coagulation testing analyzers
- Medical/lab assistant at Physicians Stat Lab
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Health Care Administration
- Associates of Science in Medical Assisting - Medical Assisting
- Associates of Liberal Arts - Liberal Arts
Provide learning support to students and faculty of the medical assistant program. Works with instructors during clinical activities to ensure students follow safety procedures, and ensures medical waste is properly disposed of in safe containers. Support services may be monitoring, testing, technical, or logistical in nature.
- Medical Lab Assistant at Frederick Community College
- Non-Commissioned Officer at US Army/ Army Reserve
- Senior Nodal Network Systems Operator/Maintainer at US Army
- Unit Clerk II at Sodexho
4 months at this Job
- Associate - Medical Assisting
• Stained vaccinated serum as part of enzyme linked immunosorbent assay
• Practiced proper sterile and aseptic techniques during assay
• Tracked patient samples using Laboratory Information Systems (LIS) program
• Prepared reagents such as acetic acid, sodium acetate, and blocking buffer to be used during assay
• Carried out daily, and quarterly preventative maintenance on lab equipment
• Processed paperwork using good documentation practices
- Medical Lab Assistant at Q2 Lab Solutions
- Senor Research Project at
- PAINTER at
9 months at this Job
- B.S. - Biochemistry
• Responsible for specimen collections on both inpatient and outpatient adolescents and adults.
• Prepare, process and store patient specimens according to departmental procedures using standard techniques and equipment.
• Complete patient check-in, specimen accessioning and lab test order entry using EPIC computer software.
- Medical Lab Assistant II at Rady Children's Hospital
- Phlebotomist/Research Assistant at Southern California Research Center
- Phlebotomist at OctaPharma Plasma
- Patient Service Representative at Children's Primary Care Medical Group
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- CPT License - Medical Laboratory Technician
- - Medical Receptionist
• Demonstrates good judgment when encountering unusual or difficult problems; initiates basic problem solving activities & corrective action for equipment problems with minimal consultation; asks questions appropriately.
• Performs job assignments accurately, according to instructions and/or protocol under direct supervision of the CLS
• Assists medical technicians CLS in the operation and maintenance of laboratory instruments and equipment.
• Maintains optional, cost-effective delivery of lab services with accuracy and validity according to departmental standards of quality, productivity and performance.
• Establishes, maintains and monitors a comprehensive quality control program to ensure accuracy and validity results. Takes or recommends corrective action as necessary.
• Establishes, maintains and documents a preventive maintenance program to ensure equipment and instruments are in good working condition.
• Maintains and in-depth knowledge of all the current development in the field.
• Establishes short and long range goals for the laboratory operation in conjunction with the director.
• Oversees ordering of supplies and equipment for the lab including evaluation, recommending and writing justifications for purchases and maintaining a computer base system for inventory control
• Processes supply and equipment transactions including purchase orders and requisitions, referring them to vendor or Purchasing Department as appropriate. Reviews invoices to ensure that items are correct in description, quantity, unit price, and total price. Contacts vendors, Materials Management, Accounts Payable in tracing transactions, to determine the status of shipments, and to correct errors in shipment, charges, etc. Maintains inventories of supplies and equipment.
• Maintains filing system and data base records for the office. Prepares periodic, recurring reports from the file and data-base. At the direction of the Manager researches, gathers, sorts compiles and organizes information from the files, from other departments and offices, from outside agencies, etc., for special reports and information requests.
• Troubleshoot all problems pertaining to personnel, equipment, the physical plant, or purchasing/delivery. This includes recognition and understanding of the problem and its urgency, locating and advising the appropriate individual(s) to solve the problem, communicating the needs effectively, following up to ensure that the problem is being addressed in an appropriate and timely fashion. Keeping the technical staff informed on the status of the resolution of the problem.
• Completes Laboratory request with satisfactory turn around time. PHLEMOTOMIST COMPANY DATES FROM - TO
• CPT1 License # 00034270 Expiration date 03/28/2019 from 03/30/2009 to Present at Cedars Sinai Medical Center.
- SR MEDICAL LAB ASSISTANT CPT1 at CEDARS SINAI MEDICAL CENTER
- LABORATORY ASSISTANT CPT1 at OLYMPIA MEDICAL CENTER
14 years, 8 months at this Job
- Certificate - Medical Assistant
- - Education