• Match laboratory requisition forms to specimen tubes
• Draw blood from veins by vacuum tube, syringe, or butterfly venipuncture methods
• Dispose of blood or other biohazard fluids or tissue, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, or policies
• Dispose of contaminated sharps, in accordance with applicable laws, standards, and policies Phlebotomist, Medical Lab Assistant St Anthony (PRN) Shawnee, OK August 2008-December 2018
- Phlebotomist, Medical Lab Assistant at St. Anthony's Hospital
- Phlebotomist at Ten99 Group
- Laboratory Phlebotomist at Clinical Pathology Laboratories
10 years, 10 months at this Job
- - General Studies
Provided direct patient care as needed, labeled and organized patient specimens, helped and maintain patients' medical records. Audit lab slips to make sure test where completed accurately and efficiently. Handled multi-line phones and patient triage, responsible for making sure clinics received supplies as needed. Entered lab orders into Clinician, EPIC, credentialing, updating providers.
- MEDICAL LAB ASSISTANT at NORTH MEMORIAL HEALTH
15 years at this Job
- Associate - ASSOCIATES OF APPLIED SCIENCE DEGREE HIGH TECH INSTITUTE 2004
Culture A Variety Of Specimens Such As Urine, Occult Blood, Stool, Sputum i.e. Gram Staining Specimen Slides For Microscopic View. Notified STATS And Critical Results While Assisting CLS In Special Procedures And Process Of Specimens. Knowledgeable With Basic Microbiology SOPs And Methods. Inventoried Lab And Maintained Organization
- Medical Lab Assistant at Core Analytics Lab
- Specimen Processor/Lab Assistant at Primex Clinical Lab
- Lab Technician/Medical Screener at Octapharma Plasma
5 months at this Job
- Certificate - Medical Assistance
Triage patients, Splinting, Assist Doctor with exam, collect patient copay (J-Point), Answer multi line phone, set room up for exam, Vital Signs (blood pressure, temperature, pulse, and respiration), Finger Stick, Collect and Recorded patient data on computer flow-sheet, Heights and Weights and 12-lead EKG, Specimen Collection, Urinary Catheter insertion (Foley), Intervenes Catheter insertion (IV), Blood Draws (Phlebotomy), Dressing Changes, TelaDerm and Telanutrition
Performs Client Service Functions to include, processing telephone calls, responding to inquiries about testing and specimen requirements and reporting on variations in specimen quality.
• Manages the Fax Mail process to include documentation, pending log management, and timely communication to all regulatory agencies regarding reportable diseases.
• Manages the communication of critical values from the lab to the ordering labs to include the documentation of the call in the systems
• Follows established procedures for processing of patient samples. Determines the acceptability of specimens and acts on that information.
• Performs the following specimen accessioning: Anatomic Pathology using the COPATH AP Information System. Works in conjunction with the Histology staff to optimize specimen accessioning. Waived testing of Fecal Occult Blood (FOBT) specimens using the Polymedco OC-80 analyzer. Works under the supervision of department supervisors, technologists and technicians.
• Follows instrument and equipment maintenance and troubleshooting procedures. Maintains records of actions. Attempts to troubleshoot malfunctioning instruments or equipment, referring major problems to the supervisor or designee.
• Enters and retrieves information using the laboratory computer system when required and determines the feasibility of add on requests.
• Communicates with medical, clinical and technical staff at other laboratories concerning specimen inquiries, problems, critical values and investigations.
• Performs duties in compliance with laboratory safety and infection control practices. Wears protective equipment as required. Disposes of biohazardous waste according to company policies.
• Assists material handlers to maintain adequate inventory of clerical and laboratory supplies. Maintains a clean and orderly work area.
• Maintains confidentiality of patient information. Presents a professional appearance and manner to all patients and co-workers.
• Accesses and set-up of Microbiology specimen.
• Performs other related duties as directed.
- Clinical Assistant/Medical Lab Assistant at Kaiser Permanente
- Patient Service Coordinator at Johns Hopkins University/ Robert Half
- Clinical Associate at Johns Hopkins Hospital
6 years, 11 months at this Job
• Perform venipuncture, heel sticks, finger sticks and a variety of rapid laboratory tests. Collect, dispense and deliver specimens to an appropriate location in accordance with laboratory and accrediting agencies.
• Order requested tests in lab computer system, back order tests, acquire appropriate ICD-10 codes, assist health care providers in ordering appropriate tests, and enter results into computer. INVOLVEMENT
- Medical Lab Assistant (Phlebotomist) at
- Clinical Lab Assistant at University Hospital
- Shift Leader at Dunkin Donuts
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Sciences - Biological Sciences
Conducted chemical analyses of body fluids, such as blood, stool, and urine samples, cultures and biopsy specimens in a CLIA compliant moderately complex high-volume laboratory. Analyzed test results to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical or electrical devices and reported all patient results to physicians. Facilitated supply orders for high-volume lab and office supplies. Prepared, maintained, calibrated, cleaned, and tested sterility of medical laboratory equipment. Collected blood or tissue samples from patients. Researched and facilitated new equipment purchases for both waived and non-waived testing. Provided clerical and administrative support for clinicians, mid-level providers, and staff that facilitated the smooth operations of a busy family practice medical office.
• Recognized for exemplary performance and success resulting in trust to perform in interdisciplinary roles within the healthcare industry.
• Increased technical knowledge to apply in role and remain competitive and up to date in the industry.
• Achieved career highlight and advancement at medical center through developing and implementing utilization reports to assess statistical information.
- MEDICAL LAB ASSISTANT at Thomas Chittenden Health Center
- PHLEBOTOMIST at Thomas Chittenden Health Center
- MEDICAL OFFICE ADMINISTRATOR at Thomas Chittenden Health Center
- FRONT DESK RECEPTIONIST at Thomas Chittenden Health Center
12 years at this Job
- Associate - Special Education
My accomplishments are that I have gained more knowledge about specimens and different tests and requirements.
- Medical Lab Assistant at Our Lady of the Lake Regional Medical Center
- Lab Courier at Pathology Group of Louisiana
- Lead sales associate at Dollar general
- Communications Officer I at Hammond police department
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Certification - Medical Assistant
1. Assisting with patient care 2. Drawing blood on patients from various locations using various techniques 3. Processing Specimens for transport to appropriate lab 4. Assisting in training new employees 5. Maintaining quality assurance with specimens 6. Verifying lab orders with doctor's office
- Medical Lab Assistant at University of Maryland, Shore Regional Health, Dorchester General Hospital
- Caregiver at Private Care Taker
- Medical Assistant at Family Care of Easton
- Medical Assistant at Feldman ENT Group
3 years, 1 month at this Job
● Accessioning and Processing lab specimens
● Cutting and staining frozen sections
● Shadowing Pathologist and their PAs
● Packaging and sending fresh and processed tissue to other labs
- Medical Lab Assistant at Jersey Shore University Medical Center
- Stock Coordinator, Sales Associate, Cashier at Marshalls
- Valet Driver at Ameripark Valet - Pascal and Sabine
- Sales Associate/Cashier at True Religion Brand Jeans
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- - Biology
- - Biological sciences
- Associates Degree in Science - Biology
Responsible for assuring that all specimens brought to the laboratory are accurately identified (by name and specimen type), sorted and labeled for testing. I assign an identifying bar-coded number to a test request form and see that all specimens received match the identification on the form and that all requests are processed properly. I adhere to departmental policies and procedures to include department programs, quality control, quality assurance and safety.
- Medical Lab. Assistant at Northwell Health LIJ Medical Center
- Assistant Operations Manager Intern at Zarbhanelian EOOD
- at Saint Marina Hospital, Varna
3 years, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Industrial Engineering and Management