- Bay Shore, NY A facility of five physicians specializing in Medical Oncology and Hematology. Medical Laboratory Assistant Responsibilities Include: - Taking partial physical exam including height/weight, blood pressure. - Venipunctures, fingersticks, blood cultures. - Utilize Quest Diagnostics care 360 clinical information system to order blood specimens. - Centrifuge, label, package, refrigerate and coordinate pick- ups of blood specimens. - Urinalysis, 24-hour urine sample - Perform Bleeding Time - Run Complete Blood Count on Cell Dyne 360 machine And chart results from CBC on flow sheet - Assist patients to Chemotherapy sessions. - Exam room preparation for Bone Marrow biopsy. - Charting of patients' blood test results. - Obtain medical information per physicians' instructions utilizing Lynx or Medical Manager systems. - Follow up with patients to provide explanation of test results. - Ensure adequate inventory of laboratory supplies. - Stocking, preparation and documentation of all examination rooms.
- Medical Laboratory Assistant at Hematology Oncology Associates
- Laboratory Tech Assistant at Southside Hospital
- at Gifford's Exam Services and Healthmasters
4 years, 10 months at this Job
Downtown, FL Stocked phlebotomy cart or carrier with appropriate supplies. Protected patients by following infection control, sharps disposal and biohazardous waste disposal procedures. Organized daily work based on collection priority. Accurately labeled vacutainer tubes with patient name, date and time of collection. Spoke with patient to gather information for lab records, reduce their fear or anxiety, and optimize their cooperation. Validated blood and specimen collection orders, alerting nurses or physicians of discrepancies between order and nursing station logs. Collected blood samples using vacutainer tubes, tourniquets, syringes, butterfly needles, and straight needles. Performed bedside tests like bleeding time tests and entered results into patient charts. Followed physician orders when administering therapeutic phlebotomy. Responded appropriately to the physical, emotional and developmental needs of 04/2018 to Current E 2013 2014 2017 patients. Documents objective data and routine aspects of patient care. Provided a comforting and soothing environment. Took advantage of opportunities for continuing education, quality assurance and performance improvement activities. Assist in Histology Dump specimens for Histology Separate tissues and organize per cassette Medical Laboratory Assistant St Vincent's Riverside - Jacksonville, FL Identified process improvements in the day-to-day functioning of the department. Organized the department in accordance with administrative guidelines in order to provide specified nursing services to meet the legal, organizational and medical staff guidelines. Managed various general office duties such as answering multiple telephone lines, completing insurance forms and mailing monthly invoice statements to patients. Reviewed documentation for compliance with requirements and accuracy of information. Maintained good communication between department heads and medical staff. High School Diploma: Blackman High School - Murfreesboro, TN Phlebotomy: Tennessee College of Applied Technology - Murfreesboro - Murfreesboro, TN Associate of Arts: Florida State College - Downtown, FL
- Medical Laboratory Assistant II at Baptist Hospital South Old St. Augustine Rd
- Phlebotomy Technician at
- Phlebotomist at Flagler Hospital
- Front Desk Supervisor at Alliance HR
1 year, 6 months at this Job
* Accomplished pre-analytical medical laboratory functions * Established competency for animal necropsy rabies testing * Developed in bacterial culture testing * Supervised the Public Health Sexually Transmitted Infection Clinic
- Medical Laboratory Assistant III at Santa Clara Public Health Laboratory
- Store Manager at Teen Challenge Thrift Store
- Certified Phlebotomy Technician I at Stanford
- Laboratory Assistant at St. Luke's Medical Center
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Credits earned - General Education
• Follows laboratory procedures for specimen processing
• Correctly identifies proper tubes, containers, transport media and storage temperature for each test type.
• Determines specimen acceptability, consulting with specimen processing supervisor, technologist, or pathologist as needed taking appropriate action when necessary.
• Utilizes appropriate resources to answer inquiries for basic customer related issues.
• Utilizes appropriate resources for proper specimen processing
• Understands and follows all safety, infection control, and OSHA Bloodborne Pathogen guidelines.
• Accurately enters all required information presented on CPL or client specific requisitions into the laboratory information system.
- Medical Laboratory Assistant at Helix Medical
1 month at this Job
- Certification - Process
Receiving, processing, and distributing laboratory specimens or blood from voluntary blood donors. Communicating information about tests and test results. Cryoprecipatate manufacturing. Performing QC and recording all data records for each instrument or piece of equipment.
- Medical Laboratory Assistant at Cedars Sinai Medical Center
- Management Assistant-OB/GYN Department at Cedars Sinai Medical Center
- Secretary at Robinson Healthcare Services
- Playground Worker at LAUSD
3 years at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Biology
- High School Diploma
• Pediatric Services specialty
• Properly identifies patient, draw blood samples and run analysis in laboratory
• Opening and closing OLOL labs such as Goodwood pediatrics, Surgical Specialty Center, etc.
• Responsible for daily/monthly QC checks on all laboratory equipment
• Certified proficiency in the following tests: CBC, Mono Screening, Glucose monitoring via Acu-Check, Cell Dyn (1800/3200/Ruby), Fecal Occult, Lead Screens, Urinalysis, PT INR (POC), RSC, Strep A Screen, and Sofia RSV FIA
- Medical Laboratory Assistant at OUR LADY OF THE LAKE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
- Phlebotomist/Charge Tech at OUR LADY OF THE LAKE REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER
- Medical Lab Technician at U.S. ARMY
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
• Retrieve, sort and prioritize specimens according to laboratory testing
• Accession, centrifuge, label, transport and deliver a high volume of inpatient/outpatient specimens to designated bench for analysis
• Provide customer service to physician/nurses of proper test ordering, correct tube collection, canceled specimens or mislabeled orders
• Alert laboratory technologists on STAT/Oncology/pediatric specimens
• Manually archive and retrieve specimens for future testing needs
• Operate automation machinery maintenance and update daily maintenance logs; troubleshoot alarms and breakdowns; contact biomedical engineering for repairs
• Maintain inventory of laboratory supplies and distribute accordingly
- Medical Laboratory Assistant at New York Presbyterian- Weill Cornell Medical Hospital
- Medical Receptionist at CP Advanced Imaging
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Health and Nutrition Science - CUNY
• Assists in the preparation of materials for testing.
• Participates in continuing education for certified lab assistant
• Receives and document specimens; processes and records information received from collection centers; handles and tracks donor samples from receipt to final testing.
• Performs proper disposal of samples into biohazard contains after testing is complete.
• Follows all safety regulations, Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) policies and rules. Maintains a clean, safe work environment.
• Operates, maintains and troubleshoots instrumentation within assigned department. Uses company laboratory computerized inventory management system to locate, track and determine testing status of samples.
• Assists with monitoring of inventory levels for laboratory supplies applicable to assigned department. Notifies supervisor of inventory needs or instrument issues.
• Other job-related duties assigned by supervisor.
- Medical Laboratory Assistant II at CSL Plasma
- Hotel Front Desk Clerk at Americas Best Value Inn and Suite
- Medical Laboratory Assistant II at Yap State Hospital, Federated States of Micronesia
- Administrative Officer at Yap Chamber of Commerce, Federated States of Micronesia
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Diploma - Medical Laboratory Science
- AS Degree - Business Administration
• Carrying out routine tasks accurately to produce reliable and precise data
• Following strict methodology to carry out analysis
• Recording and interpreting results with consistent presentation of outcomes to supervisor
• Tissue sampling, culture and processing
• Keeping inventory and running different types of tests for different patient
• Experienced in good laboratory practice
- Medical Laboratory Assistant at Pathology laboratory, General Hospital
- Customer Services/ Teller Personnel at Samsung Showroom, El-Coolex Limited
- School Secretary/Teacher at Bishop Crowther Memorial College
- Customer Service Representative/Research Assistant at Axum Technology Limited
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Genetics and Biotechnology - Genetics and Biotechnology
Parker Adventist Hospital- Parker, Colorado
Porter Adventist Hospital- Denver, Colorado
• Maintain gross room through stocking, cleaning, and specimen disposal.
• Accurately accession cases into appropriate laboratory information systems.
• Prepare for breast and tumor conferences for Pathologist presentation.
• Process documentation of reports, send outs, and legal cases.
• Maintain laboratory records, pathology equipment, and stain lines.
• Inventory and order supplies and reagents and maintain laboratory organization.
- Medical Laboratory Assistant at Unipath
- Laboratory Assistant Volunteer at Colorado State University
1 year at this Job
- Bachelor of Science