I have 2.6 year experience as a lab technician I completed a Bsc mlt
I have 2.6 year experience as a lab technician I completed a Bsc mlt
- Medical Laboratory Technician at Medical laboratory technician
3 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bsc mlt
Travel Medical Laboratory Technician on short-term assignments (3-9 months) Provide accurate and timely laboratory services in all lab departments. Calibrate and quality check instruments and processes. Quickly acclimate to new laboratory SOP and LIS. Perform phlebotomy services for inpatients ER patients and outpatients; both venous and arterial.
Travel Medical Laboratory Technician on short-term assignments (3-9 months)
Provide accurate and timely laboratory services in all lab departments.
Calibrate and quality check instruments and processes.
Quickly acclimate to new laboratory SOP and LIS.
Perform phlebotomy services for inpatients ER patients and outpatients; both venous and arterial.
- Medical Laboratory Technician at Aureus Medical Group
- Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP) at Urology PC
- Medical Laboratory Technician (ASCP) at Community Hospital - Banner Health
- Medical Laboratory Technician Student at Sterling Regional Medical Center
7 months at this Job
- Prerequisite - Organic Chemistry
- - AAS, Medical Laboratory Technology
- Bachelors - Science
- Associate of Arts - General Studies
Responsibilities Advanced medical laboratory technician Medical department supply manager Accomplishments Sole technician onboard aircraft carrier of 3500 people certified to operate the Joint Biological Agent Identification and Detection system. Aside from primary assignment, I manage the whole medical supply system worth over 5 million dollars Skills Used Patient care, customer cervice, phlebotomy, pre-during- and post analytical procedures.
- Medical laboratory technician at u.s. navy
- Quality Assurance Manager at U.S. Navy
6 years, 9 months at this Job
- AA - health Sciences
- Bachelor's - Health Science
PRN Medical laboratory technician in the main lab. I currently work in Hematology and Chemistry departments of the laboratory. I run testing on all hospital and clinic patients, I perform testing such as complete blood count, chemistry testing, urinalysis, drug testing, coagulation, pregnancy urine and serum, and also HCG.
- Medical Laboratory Technician at ST VINCENTS HEALTH SYSTEM
- Medical Laboratory Technician at UAB Health Systems
- Medical Laboratory Technician at Southview Medical Group PC
- Specimen Processor at Ameritox Laboratory Vestavia
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Occupational Health and Safety
- Associate in Applied Science in Computer and Electronic Engineering - Computer and Electronic Engineering
- Associate in Applied Science in Medical Laboratory Technology - Medical Laboratory Technology
2401 W Main St Marion, IL 62959 United States 10/2011 - Present Salary: 21.44 USD Per Hour Hours per week: 40 Series: 0645 Pay Plan: GS Grade: GS07 Medical Laboratory Technician (This is a federal job) Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Lead timekeeper within the Marion Laboratory. Back up timekeeper for Evansville, Pharmacy, and Imaging. Proficient in all timekeeping abilities with no grievances filed to date. Knowledge of labor management theories, concepts, practices, laws and regulatory guidelines relating to federal labor relations. Ability to understand and transcribe any and all surgical, cytology and genecology specimens. Run daily, biweekly and monthly reports to check status of reports which allows me to change or correct any coding or transcription issues. Efficient in scanning documents into Vista Capture. Independent and proficient in CPT-4, ICD-10 and SNOMED coding. I speak with doctors and staff from all other departments on a regular basis to obtain order information and/or conflict resolutions with ordering and/or appointments. Independent and proficient in all departments of the laboratory, including Urinalysis, Coagulation, Hematology, Chemistry, Microbiology, and Blood Bank. Independently run Startup, Quality Control, CAP surveys, Calibrations, and Linearity on all analyzers in the Laboratory. Perform weekly, monthly, quarterly, and annual maintenance and cleaning on all instrumentation. Keep inventory of my daily department in the Laboratory and order supplies as needed/required. Able to troubleshoot all analyzers within the laboratory. I monitor quality control daily, by printing out results and graphs and analyzing data provided. Correct issues that arise with quality control. Attend all fire drills and handle the book, making sure that all employees and/or patients sign in and are evacuated properly. Complete all mandatory training in MTS and TMS. I complete 45 hours of continuing education annually for my MLT license. Work independently as well as part of a team. Have input with procedures and review all procedures before they are put into place. Proficient and independent in making procedures manuals for various departments within the lab. At the beginning of my shift, I plan and coordinate the activities for the day. Gather and input data for prison specimens. Independently order and process send out tests. Work as part of a team when performing phlebotomy duties, this is necessary for smooth work flow. Coordinate the training of students and new employees. Monitor supplies and make sure kits are calibrated, quality controlled, and ready for use. Order/rotate supplies when necessary. Make recommendations for laboratory procedures and work flow. Assist in researching alternate testing methods in the laboratory. Researched and written several procedures. Proficient in Microsoft programs including, but not limited to, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Word. Also proficient in VISTA, CPRS, VBECS, TMS, and MTS. Complete continuing education annually. Independently perform CAP surveys in all departments with no discrepancies to date. Double check and input data into CAP website. Independently perform Chain of Custody drug screens. Trainer for Chain of Custody drug screens. Attend conference calls regarding drug screens and take valuable notes. Ability to multi-task many things at one time with little to no error. Have excellent communication skills. Since coming into work @ 0600, I handle the majority of hand-off communication between shifts. Able to use Microsoft Outlook, VISTA, and Lync effectively for communication between coworkers and different departments within the facility. Double check Laboratory schedules for mistakes before posting. Follow all policies and procedures of the Laboratory and VA Medical Center. Work side by side with lead techs involving budget analysis. Print out graphs from all analyzers to document QC, Linearity, and Calibrations. Following trending curves to perform troubleshooting as necessary. Training in Histology as backup technician. Supervisor: Terri Shea (618-997-5311 ext. 54113) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes
- Medical Laboratory Technician at VA Medical Center
- Medical Technician at VA Medical Center
- Phlebotomist/Medical Laboratory Technician at Quest Diagnostics
- Phlebotomist at Laboratory Corporation of America
7 years, 11 months at this Job
Medical laboratory technician assigned to naval branch clinic mayport. Accurately prepares, performs and reports results according to established procedures in hematology, urinalysis and other laboratory tests. Packages specimens for referral to other reference laboratories in accordance with specimen transfer guidelines. Performs preventative maintenance on instrumentation used throughout the testing process. (Clinitek Advantus and Coulter DxH). Maintains complete records of all procedures performed in order to adhere to quality control standards.
- Medical Laboratory Technician at US Navy (Mayport)
- Medical Laboratory Technician at US Navy (Naval Hospital Jacksonville)
- Medical Laboratory Technician at US Navy (various naval hospitals)
at this Job
- Technical Certificate - Cytotechnology
- Technical Certificate - Medical laboratory Technology
- Associate in Applied Science - Medical Laboratory Technology
Bench Medical Laboratory Technician working in all areas of the lab. Testing, QC, supply ordering, instrument maintenance, sample collection & processing, EKGs, TVCs, scheduling & checking in patients.
- Medical Laboratory Technician at Park Nicollet Clinics
23 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associate - Medical Laboratory Technician
• Phlebotomist Medical Laboratory Technician, Quad Medical
• Chemistries and Immunos ran on Architect system
• Hematologies ran on Cell-Dyn
• Miscellaneous kit test.
- Medical Laboratory Technician at Redmond Regional Hospital
- Quality Control Inspector at Shaw Industries
- Medical Laboratory Technician at Floyd Medical Center
3 years, 9 months at this Job
• Set up, maintain, calibrate, clean and test sterility of medical laboratory equipment.
• Analyze the results of tests to ensure conformity to specifications, using special mechanical or electrical devices.
• Analyze and record test data to issue reports that use charts, graphs or narratives.
• Conduct chemical analyses of body fluids, such as blood or urine, using microscope or automatic analyzer to detect abnormalities or diseases and enter findings into computer.
• Manage supply inventory and ordering.
• Data analysis for patients and quality control
- Medical Laboratory Technician at MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHINICAN, CLARK MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
11 years, 3 months at this Job
- ASSOCIATES DEGREE - MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGY
Medical laboratory technician
Internal Medicine Specialists- Birmingham, AL
• Follow laboratory guidelines for handling biological specimens
• Served as primary operator of Cell Dyne hematology analyzer, in addition to conducting daily quality checks, calibration, and technical troubleshooting
• Maintained clean and fully operational laboratory equipment
• Conducted blood counts and other lab tests
• Operated equipment such as AU480 and Access II to analyze serum and plasma for abnormalities
• Managed departmental inventory and ordering of lab clinic supplies
• Follow strict aseptic techniques to protect patients when collecting specimens
• Process 100+ hematology and chemistry samples daily, including manual and electronic reporting and quality reviews
• Record control values from technical instruments to ensure reliability and validity of test results
• Review patient data, prepared data reports and signed off on release of information requests
• Cleaned and sterilized lab area, tools and equipment
• Over saw operations for laboratory department and trained lab staff on point of care testing procedures
• Assist with PODs and financial operations
• Developed staff by providing orientation, training, support and direction
• Analyzed facility activities and data to properly assess risk management and improve services
• Organized and led annual personnel meetings with 32 team members
• Measured urine specimens and delivered to physician
• Evaluated accuracy and compliance of all documentation and reports
• Maintained strict patient privacy and confidential patient information, taking care to meet all HIPAA guidelines and statues for data security
• Expertly planned, coordinated, organized and directed all operations of the laboratory
• Prepared specimens for analysis and established proper priority of testing
• Conducted or approved the performance evaluations for all lab employees
• Coordinated review, revision and creation of operational policies within the lab and with OSHA
• Coordinated Quality Implovement Activities to identify performance areas for improvement
• Resolved variances in account statements
• Actively maintained up-to-date knowledge of applicable state and federal laws and regulatons
• Performed lab tests and communicated results
• Processed monthly reports for department performance
• Strive to reduce expenses
• Kept abreast of advances in medicine, computerized diagnostic and treatment equipment, data processing technology, government regulations, health insurance changes and financing options
• Participated in quality assurance programs
• Kept operations running smoothly and solved diverse problems by coordinating with managers and physicians
• Inventory ordering, shipping and receiving
• Troubleshooting lab instruments
• Quality control and performance verification
- Medical Laboratory Technician at Internal Medicine Specialists
at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Medical Laboratory Technology