Performs duties of a medical laboratory technologist including specimen processing, quality control, urinalysis, chemistry, hematology, coagulation, and stat testing.
- Medical Laboratory Technologist at Akron General Medical Center
- Medical Laboratory Technologist at Akron Children's Hospital
- Medical Laboratory Technologist at Wooster Community Hospital
- Medical Laboratory Technologist Intern at Akron Children's Hospital
6 years, 11 months at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science in Clinical Laboratory - Clinical Laboratory
Produces work with minimal clerical/data entry errors including clerical omissions.
• Follows departmental policies to correctly identify the patient before any blood specimen is drawn, and to correctly label all specimens.
• Accesses and distributes samples to appropriate testing areas.
• Demonstrates patience and persistence when dealing with patients from whom blood samples are difficult
• to obtain.
• Performs testing accurately and efficiently exercising independent judgment in dealing with the broad scope of procedural and technical problems
• Produces accurate results.
• Produces work with minimal clerical/data entry errors including clerical omissions.
• Completes work and reports results according to protocol. Work pending is organized and appropriately left for follow-up.
• Conducts established quality control procedures on analytical tests, equipment, reagents, media, and other products
• Analyzes quality control data, makes judgments concerning the results, and takes appropriate action.
• Follows protocol for proficiency testing; recognizes sample/testing deficiencies or problems and communicates information to appropriate person.
• Maintains neat, legible, and organized written records.
• Performs/records maintenance as scheduled, and within set time frame.
• Correlates data (clerical and/or technical) and monitors test performance/results for reasonableness, and reports discrepancies to technologist or supervisor.
• Communicates critical values and sample problems accurately according to established procedures.
• Special assigned work or projects are completed and require minimal modifications.
• Demonstrates knowledge and understanding of the underlying scientific principles of laboratory testing as well as the technical, procedural, and problem-solving aspect.
• Learns new procedures/assignments in reasonable time frames.
• Retains knowledge for reasonable length of time.
• Can convey knowledge competently in a manner consistent with students’ and new employees’ abilities in a way that encourages and helps stimulate their knowledge.
• Maintains awareness of changes in procedure and protocols including all age appropriate patient-care procedures.
• Consults technologist or supervisor in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions.
• Adapts to change or unusual circumstances in a way that promotes cooperation and minimizes disruptions to working environment.
• Notifies manager of instrument or procedural problem within expected time frame.
• Oversees the daily technical functions of a shift or section.
• Directs workflow, reviews work lists, and monitors turnaround times.
• Ensures that protocols for proficiency testing are followed and forwards appropriate paperwork within a specified time.
• Maintains an appropriate inventory of supplies in laboratory area for which they are responsible.
• Understands, enforces, and follows institution policies regarding general safety, security, hazardous materials and waste, emergency preparedness, life safety, equipment, utility systems, and blood borne pathogens.
• Consistently seeks out ways to help others by making useful suggestions and follows through without neglecting own work or responsibilities.
- Medical Laboratory Technologist, ASCP at Redmond Regional Medical Center
- Medical Laboratory Technologist, ASCP at Hamilton Medical Center-PRN
- Phlebotomist II-PRN at Hamilton Medical Center
- Lab Assistant at CHI Memorial Hospital
6 months at this Job
- Associate - Medical Laboratory Technology and Science
- Certificate - Phlebotomy
- Bachelor's - Business Management
- Associate - Business Administration
Responsibilities Oversee day-to-day activities in an animal diagnostic reference laboratory, performing laboratory analyses and tests to diagnose various pet and other animal illnesses, injuries and diseases in support of veterinarian animal treatment. Supervise staff assigning work and evaluating results. Contribute to the development of operating policies and procedures. Accomplishments As a detail oriented technologist I was able to reduce the amount of validity checks my department was receiving. Skills Used I have confidence and knowledge of the assays the I am performing. I pay close attention to details to put out results that can be trusted. I am always very conscious of time for patients with STAT status and to always make TAT.
- Medical Laboratory Technologist at Idexx
- Research Assistant at Neonatology
- Internship at Dept of Microbiology and Immunology-Univ
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- Biotechnology - Microbiology
- - Chemistry
Completed rotations in the College of American Pathologists (CAP)-accredited laboratory sections:
Hematology, Microbiology, Chemistry, Serology, Blood Bank, Molecular Genetics, Cytogenetics, and Pathology
• Performed pre-analytical activities including quality control and calibration, inventory control, specimen collection & processing, cleaning and disinfection, and others
• Performed a variety of routine and specialized tests and analytical procedures efficiently and accurately according to standard operating procedures
• Assisted in reading, interpreting and recording laboratory test results
• Assisted in preparing lab sections for inspection by the College of American Pathology (CAP) VOLUNTARY WORK EXPERIENCE
- MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST INTERN at AMERICAN UNIVERSITY OF BEIRUT MEDICAL CENTER
- ACTIVE MEMBER at 4 ALL CAUSES (NGO)
- ACTIVE MEMBER at AUB UNICEF CLUB
11 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE IN MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCES - MEDICAL LABORATORY SCIENCES
• Successfully working and competent in all areas of the hospital laboratory including some microbiology and Blood Bank.
• Work independently on night shift.
• Responsible for calibrations and daily quality control of all laboratory equipment.
- Generalist Medical Laboratory Technologist at Estes Park Medical Center
- Laboratory Supervisor at Community Hospital
- Interim Laboratory Director at Community Hospital
- Practice Manager at Unit D
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Associate Degree in Science and Medical Laboratory Technology - Science and Medical Laboratory Technology
• Executed routine and stat tests through manual and automated methods in areas including Hematology, Chemistry, Serology, Urinalysis, and Microbiology.
• Knowledge of operation, troubleshooting and quality control monitoring of laboratory instrumentation and systems including: Ortho Vitros 5600, Sysmex XN-2000, Stago STA R Max, and Beckman Coulter Iris.
- Medical Laboratory Technologist at Cookeville Regional Medical Center
- Medical Laboratory Technologist at Wayne Memorial Hospital
- Medical Laboratory Technologist at Johnston Health
2 years, 11 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Medical Technology
- Bachelor of Science - Exercise Science, Physical Education and Wellness
- High School Diploma
Collected medical specimens and prepared laboratory test samples. Created various reagents and conducted laboratory assays of samples. Analyzed and communicated clinical test results to physicians for medical diagnosis and treatment. Operated, maintained, calibrated, and debugged laboratory equipment and software systems. Ensured sanitation of laboratory and maintained proper stock-level of lab supplies. Comprehended and adhered to CLIA, OSHA, safety, quality and risk-management guidelines and documentation requirements. Highly experienced in medical laboratory management, maintenance and research activities. Profound knowledge of medical terminology, technologies, QA activities, and QC procedures.Outstanding knowledge of biology concepts, chemical transformations and handling of pathogens. Familiarity with OSHA safety regulations and other applicable US accreditation requirements. Ability to use computer, Microsoft Office software and medical laboratory equipment. Ability to interpret and communicate laboratory findings to intended audience, effectively.
- Advanced Medical Laboratory Technologist at United States Navy
- Medical Assistant at United States Navy
- Caregiver at Lifelinks Inc
- Medical Laboratory Scientist, Generalist at Medical Laboratory Technology, Dormaa Presbyterian Hospital
4 years, 3 months at this Job
- Master of Science - Public Health
- - Medical Laboratory Technologist
- Bachelor of Science - Laboratory Technology
Prepare and process patient samples for testing and evaluation * Resolve and troubleshoot machine and QC issues for accurate patient results * Execute and analyze test in areas including Chemistry, Microbiology, Hematology, Urinalysis, Coagulation, Blood Bank and Special Chemistry to aid physicians in diagnosing and treating disease * On Call Phlebotomist for the laboratory * Three years experience as a Blood Bank technologist in an AABB approved laboratory * Attend seminars for the launch of new tools and equipment
- Medical Laboratory Technologist at East Orange General Hospital
- Medical Laboratory Technologist at Saint Michael's Medical Center
9 years at this Job
- B.S. - Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical
- B.S. - Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical
• Perform tests in hematology and urinalysis
• Test, verify, record and report results
• Perform procedural laboratory tests for the purpose of understanding, diagnosing, treating and preventing disease
• Conduct quality assurance tests to verify findings in lab work
• Ensure conformance with all facility regulations, government requirements, medical policies and laboratory protocols
• Ensured all lab tests complies with OSHA, CLIA and risk management and safety conditions
- MEDICAL LABORATORY TECHNOLOGIST I at QUEST DIAGNOSTICS
- PHARMACY TECHNICIAN at RITE AID
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - BIOLOGY B.S
- ASSOCIATES DEGREE
• Perform all moderate and high complexity testing under the authorization of the laboratory medical director.
• Perform testing as assigned with responsibilities for preanalytic, analytic, and post analytic phases of testing to include proper patient identification, specimen collection, handling, performance and reporting of each test method, maintenance, and troubleshooting.
• Perform verification of validity of patient test results through the performance and evaluation of quality control sample values; and documentation of all quality control and patient testing, maintenance.
- Medical Laboratory Technologist at INTERSTATE BLOOD BANK
- Pharmacy Technician at Fred’s
- Medical Laboratory Technologist at St. Bernard Medical Center
- Residents Assistant at Arkansas State University
1 year, 8 months at this Job
- B.S degree of Clinical Laboratory Science - Clinical Laboratory Science
- A.A.S. degree of Clinical Laboratory Science - Clinical Laboratory Science
- A.S. degree of Science
- High school diploma