Theresa Rinella 1627 Hermance Road Webster NY, 14580 585-732-5740 [email protected] PROFESSIONAL OBJECTIVE: To work in learning and challenging environment, utilizing my skill and knowledge to be the best of my abilities and contribute positively to my personal growth as well as growth of the organization. Education Liverpool High School, Liverpool NY - Diploma - 6/89 Alfred State College, Alfred NY - Associates Degree - 12/91 SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS: · Associate Degree in Human Services · Twenty + years’ experience working with Children with Developmental Disabilities · Medication Administration Certification · CPR and First Aide Certification · S.C.I.P.- R Certification (Strategy Crisis Intervention Prevention) · Trained in functional sign language · Lead trainer of new staff · Shift Supervisor · Member of the Residential I.T.T ( Interdisciplinary Treatment Team) · Instructor for The American Heart Association PROFESSIONAL HIGHLIGHTS Mary Cariola Children's Center, Fairport, NY - 1992 to 1995 Teacher Assistant - TAI, TAII Assist the Teacher with day to day classroom activities · Implement one on one behavior plans, Fine Motor, Gross Motor and Sensory · Ensures effective classroom programming in the absence of the Teacher Mary Cariola Children's Center, Fairport, NY - 1995 to 2005 Child Habilitation Specialist Caring for children with Developmental Disabilities in a Residential Settings · Resident advocate at staff meetings and case reviews · Maintain correspondence with school program and family · Maintain cleanliness of the house · Implement behavior programs · Implement Adult Daily Living Skills · Supervise staff in a residential care setting · Transport residents to school outings and appointments Mary Cariola Children's Center, Fairport, NY - 2005 to present Medical Liaison/Child Habilitation Specialist II Assist the RN with the overall coordination of medical responsibilities that include: · Resident Liaison with medical personnel. · Schedules all routine medical, dental and lab appointments · Maintain impeccable medical records · Ensures accurate weights and vitals · Order medications and medical supplies · Ensures medication is maintained within expiration dates · Assign staff as needed to attend appointments · Notify and schedules staffs PPD's · Attend medical appointments · Maintain medical correspondence with families · Notify school and work programs of upcoming appointments · Trainer in CPR and First Aide · Update Home visit medication sheets /Ready To Go sheets upon medication changes · Check MARS weekly for documentation /medication errors · Deliver medication to work and school programs · Make sure MARS for prior month are accurate · Check Home Visit Sheets for any medication errors · Attend case reviews and team meetings References Sue Dominick- Co-worker Mary Cariola Childrens Center- Residential Nurse 585-278-6052 Sue DeHoney- Co-worker Mary Cariola Childrens Center- Habilitation Specialist 585-698-8926 Christy Ferg Mary Cariola Children's Center- Residential Coordinator 585-329-5056
- Medical Liaison at Mary Cariola Children's Center
27 years, 1 month at this Job
- Associate - Human Services
Attorney law firm medical liaison for personal injury and medical malpractice litigation who provided medical expertise to attorney, staff, and client. Analyzing client medical records interacting with medical professionals regarding patient injuries and explained to attorney, staff, and client's medical terminology and procedures. Sunny Days Retirement Home Apopka, FL Patient Liaison Various Dates Assisted Retirement facility with patient intake and patient care Rickice Factory Trinidad, WI Dealing with marketing, upper level management, entailing running daily and May 2006
- Medical Liaison at Brett Meltzer Law Group
- at major Ice Factory
- at Inpatient Admitting
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- Doctor of Medicine (M.D.) - Clinical Rotations
- Bachelor of Science - Biology
Vesa Health & Technology-Twenty-nine Palms August 2017 To April 2018 I did intakes on Service Members that needed assessments for anxiety, depression and medication management. Making appointments for them to see a therapist and psych doctor if needed. Medical Liaison
- Medical Liaison at LPT
- Case Manager at Sovereign Health Group-Palm Springs
- LPT at CPS SAC. POLSOM PRISON
- Caregiver-Santa Rosa at Marths House
8 months at this Job
- Associate - Psychology
- Associate - Psychology
• Responsible for creating needed growth in physician referrals, along with hospital and nursing home contract growth
• Currently represent Amedisys in Tulsa's three major hospital systems; Hillcrest, St. Francis, and St John's along with OSU Medical.
• I develop long-term relationships by creating solutions to challenging situations for my clients, their patients and families
- Medical Liaison at AMEDISYS HOME HEALTH
- Director of Community Relations at HOMETOWN HOSPICE
- Medical Consultant at SOUTHBRIDGE ADVISORY GROUP
- Director of Senior Partner Program at UTICA PARK CLINIC
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - CONTINUING EDUCATION
• Take clients to appointments as scheduled
• Assure that proper forms are completed and returned to nurses on the day of the appointment
• Consult with nurses for assessment and advice
• Maintain knowledge of current protocols for sick/injured clients and inform other staff
• Provide supervision and nursing care to clients when they are ill
• Maintain special food/fluids for sick clients
• Maintain client health records
• Complete all client documentation thoroughly, accurately and on time in accordance with the guidelines
• Be familiar with medications and side effects
• Administer medications
• Check medication for accuracy
• Check medication logs each day for initials and report any missing signatures
• Prepare medication for home visits, appointments, activities or trips
• Check medical supplies weekly and reorder
- Medical Liaison at Cunningham Children's Home
- Community Living Director at Charleston Transitional Facility
- Assistant Teacher at Charleston Transitional Facility
- DSP (Direct Support Professional) at Charleston Transitional Facility
5 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Health Studies - Health Studies
Build bridges between medical facilities, courts, mental health facilities, and corrections, leveraging strong leadership and strategic planning skills to facilitate collaboration and communication. Promoted efficiency by finalizing nursing schedules, scheduling cell cleanings and patient evaluations, updating and managing logs and spreadsheets, and taking meeting minutes. Develop and institute procedures with documentation forms to improve cross-departmental communication. Manage inventory, price procurement, purchase orders, and supply orders to update supply needs.
• Enabled organization to pass Department of Justice inspections by maintaining unwavering regulatory compliance and developing new documents, such as spreadsheets and logs, at DOJ’s request.
• Streamlined processes by partnering with Director of Nursing to cover gaps in schedules; preparing/disseminating manuals, policy and procedure changes, and materials; and ensuring regulatory compliance.
• Ensure accuracy by communicating with courts regarding inmates’ medical status, including writing letters, obtaining information, and offering administrative support to special programs.
• Oversaw inventory of 350+ items valued at $90K while managing purchasing of ~$180K covering all supplies required for medical functions within correctional facility.
• Slashed costs while simplifying operations by implementing inventory management system, including obtaining inventory counts in all medical areas of facility, documenting every item, and obtaining pricing and packaging information from sellers.
• Led migration to newly developed software program in pilot phase. Assisted with setup, instructed staff on utilization/best practices, and informed developer of changes required to maintain DOJ compliance.
• Cut costs while establishing strong relationships with vendors by negotiating to receive competitive pricing on a wide range of supplies.
• Minimize expenses by reducing items not in frequent use and organizing storage to prevent short stock and overstock.
- Medical Liaison at Correctional Health Indiana - Lake County Jail
- Medical Records Clerk & Quality Improvement Assistant at Correctional Health Indiana - Lake County Jail
- Community Director at March of Dimes
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Bachelor of Science in Public Affairs | Management Major| Germanic Studies Minor
• Worked in coordination with hospital social workers on every wing and multiple floors of the hospital to verify discharging patients’ medical equipment needs
• Worked face to face with patients to explain the proper use of medical equipment, answered any questions and addressed any concerns that the patient or their family may have had.
• Managed inventory of equipment to meet the needs for all patients discharging from the hospital with needs for durable medical equipment or home oxygen
- Medical Liaison at Rotech Healthcare Inc.
- Patient Service Technician at Rotech Healthcare Inc.
- Human Resource Benefits Specialist at National Vision, Inc.
- Customer Service Representative at National Vision, Inc.
8 months at this Job
- High school
• Act as first point of call for all inquiries and directing them to the relevant departments.
• Dealing effectively with all day-to-day medical documentation, including sourcing and booking transportation, completing and filing reports as well as liaising with nursing.
• Assisting the case manager with the preparation of medical paperwork for company audits.
• Manually managing the petty cash for the residents of the group home.
- Medical Liaison at Ascension Health Ministry
- Customer Service Rep at Cablevision
4 years, 4 months at this Job
- AS - Accounting
Administrative Assistant to the Chief Medical Officer
- Medical Liaison at Wellness Pointe
- Call center Operator at Answering Unlimiter
- Fundraising Coordinator at Americorps*VISTA Corp
4 years at this Job
- Certification - Office Information Specialist / Business Technology
The primary purpose of my position is to ensure that all appointments and medical services are provided
• Responsible for scheduling all outside approved appointments for students (dental, vision, specialty and, etc.) coordinating through Lead Nurse every week. Coordinate with Psych Nurse to transport students and complete assigned tasking. Work hours are as needed to complete all job duties and appointments. Verify insurance and payment arrangements prior to appointment. Prepare paperwork for appointment and contact student's guardian prior to and following appointment. Transport student and staff/chaperone to appointments.
• Document all information pertaining to the appointments, place all appointments on the Best Notes system and email calendars. Coordinate with all other departments regarding appointment and departure schedule.
• Communicate with vehicle coordinator when vehicle needs refueling and relay all vehicle maintenance requests to proper department/vehicle coordinator. Assist with other miscellaneous duties as assigned as per Lead Nurse.
• Adhere to Red Rock Canyon School's policies and procedures, compliance standards and the Utah State Provider Code of Conduct. Observe the policy and practice concerning issues of creation, editing, transmission, storage and disposition of all Protected Health Information (PHI) of Red Rock Canyon School and Sequel Youth & Family Youth Services.
- Medical Liaison at Red Rock Canyon School
- Imaging Clerk at Intermountain Hospital
- Operations Agent at Southwest Airlines
- Ramp Agent at Southwest Airlines
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- - Healthcare Administration