CORPORATE SALES Managed all of Medical Liaison on-boarding training TRAINER, MEDICAL Interim DSM responsibilities for vacancies Successful Medical Liaison building physician referral network and consistently LIAISON, SENIOR exceeding sales goals over 100% before being promoted
- TRAINING COORDINATOR & MEDICAL LIAISON at VEIN CLINICS OF AMERICA
- MEDICAL SALES at PHILIPS CONSUMER LIFESTYLE
- SENIOR SALES REPRESENTATIVE at ABBOTT LABORATORIES
- PROFESSIONAL SALES REPRESENTATIVE at KING PHARMACEUTICALS
4 years, 11 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - COMMUNICATIONS
I have the responsibility of taking care of 10 individuals in a group home and their overall medical needs, working as an assistant for the RN.
• Schedule medical appointments
• Make sure that all medications are up to date and in stock at all times
• Communicate with doctors, family members, & specialists
• Count medication weekly
• Drive individuals to medical appointments
• Take notes and communicate between house RN and Doctors
- Medical Liaison at Empower
- Customer Service Representative at Xerox
4 years, 8 months at this Job
- High school - all major courses
Managed process of Physician applications for access to outpatient and inpatient medical records, greatly reducing
wait period of 30 days to 3 days.
• Facilitated medical evacuations of injured/ill patients maintaining a clear line of communication between patients and physicians resulting in proper documentation and excellent patient care. Health Information Management - Supervisor
• Processed medical records requests including legal and retirement records in accordance with the law and policy for multiple Navy Region Southwest commands. Educated staff and patients in the process of medical records requests and retirement of records reducing backlog of 11 months to 3 weeks.
• Submitted monthly reports and graphed analysis to demonstrate progress of records request. Developed system for self and colleagues to follow making patient wait period shorter by 6 months. Message Traffic Center - Supervisor
• Updated Message Center and Personnel Casualty Reports Standard Operating Procedures handbook. Improved process by eliminating any mistakes with new SOP reducing backlog of 3 weeks to 24 hours.
• Trained 8 new staff members to supervisory standard, in the process of sending messages across Third Fleet which includes approximately 300 commands, and eliminating possibility of HIPAA violations or breach of Personally identifiable information (PII). Urology Medical Assistant
• Front desk coordinator: Checked in patients, booked appointments, and triaged telephone consults. Created a Standard of operating book for civilians and active duty members who rotate through the front desk to complete every task without a margin of error.
• Minimal use of ICD-10 codes, and adding notes of minor procedures conducted by me. Assisted Surgeons in minor surgeries to include vasectomies, cystoscopies, trans rectal ultrasound biopsies, and voiding cyst urethrogram.
• Conducted weekly analysis of urine and semen samples and ensured lab specimens and cultures were properly ordered and documented.
• Timekeeper: Used Defense Medical Human Resources System- internet (DMHRSi) in order to track hours worked, on vacation, and sick days for military personnel, contractors, and civilian staff.
• Continuous Improvement Representative: Held training monthly and sent reports in a 100% compliance of entire department. Watch bill coordinator: created schedule for 13 active duty members to stand weekly after hours watch. Trained 4 new staff members to stand duty at front desk and understand CHCS, AHLTA, and ESSENTRIS, assist in all minor procedures, and conduct laboratory operations. Neurosurgery/Neurology/Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Medical Assistant
• Checking in patients, verifying identity with two patient identifiers and Using Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA) and Composite Health Care System (CHCS) to verify DEERs eligibility, and updating demographics. Reviewing medication reconciliation list with patient, taking vital signs and transporting patient to exam room ensuring smooth patient flow. Ensuring all appointment notes were closed by the end of the day.
• Inputting Telephone consults through AHLTA from patients to nurses and doctors requesting medication refills, questions, concerns, and complaints. Created schedule templates through CHCS for 12 surgeons' schedules. Reviewing referrals and scheduling appointments for patients and minimizing long wait periods for new patients within Neurosurgery and Physical Therapy and Rehabilitation Clinics.
- Operational Forces Medical Liaison at Naval Medical Center San Diego
9 years at this Job
• Coordinating medical appointments for USCG members to be seen at Navy facilities. This entailed coordinating the provision of health care services between multiple specialty offices, ordering lab work, scheduling, administrative overseeing, advising commands on medical direction based on USCG medical manuals.
• Coordinating open enrollments and administering health benefit for Tri-care members within the USCG and their families.
• Organizing and conducting training throughout the 10 stations and boats within Sector Jacksonville's area of responsibility.
• Examines costs, benefits and risks associated with purchases decisions and considers alternatives.
• Partnering key functions of the USCG and U.S. Navy medical program to integrate industry knowledge in order to enable short and long term strategic healthcare initiatives.
• Maintains effective correspondence and in-person communication and provides conflict resolution, problem solving, and ability to drive consensus. Attend staff meeting and recommend new approaches to policies.
• Maintaining, inspecting, and ordering office supplies. Maintaining over the counter supplies and medical equipment stored at the unit. Established improvements to the purchase order monitoring system by selecting premier products that adhere to quarterly budget plans. Updating the Sector Jacksonville medical database on each new product and purchase.
• Responding to medical emergencies, creating a treatment plan and coordinating higher level care as an EMT.
- Medical Liaison/Corpsman at USCG Medical Administration
- Referrals Manager at Base Portsmouth Clinic
- Training Manager at Base Portsmouth Clinic
- Front Desk Manager at Base Portsmouth Clinic
1 year at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration in Management and Strategy - Management and Strategy
- Bachelor of Science in Management - Management
Responsible for delivering convenient and affordable access to quality healthcare to a diverse patient population. Provide assessments for patients with chronic pain, scarring, and obesity management, in addition to all other acute and chronic disease conditions. Coordinates patient care in liaison with the Telehealth Patient Outreach Center, and the appropriately licensed U.S. based physician over the phone or through teleconferencing. Administration: Responsible for the supervision of the clinical responsibilities of consumer health advocates and certified medical assistants during patient intake. Provides patient triage, assigns appropriate clinical dispositions and facilitate referrals to primary care providers. Responsible for the delivery of patient-tailored nursing and medical education to patients for preventative health, acute treatment, chronic disease management. Clinical care: Interview, screen and prequalify patients for obesity management pharmacotherapy. Complete daily patient advocacy intake, triage, and assist with Tele-consults including the post-treatment monitoring and follow up.
- Telehealth Medical Liaison at HealthRight
- NURSE SUPERVISOR at Brentwood Senior Living Community
- LICENSED PRACTICAL NURSE at Grace Healthcare
- CLINICAL RESEARCH ASSOCIATE at St. Luke's Medical Center
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Ph.D. (ABD) Candidate - Public Health - Community Health
- Master of Science (MSc) - Health Care Administration
- Bachelors of Science - Nursing
- Doctor of Medicine - Medicine
- - Biology
- - Information Systems
- Bachelors of Science - Geology
Work closely with medical billing departments in both hospital and office based settings to assist in debt consolidation consulting services.
- Medical Liaison at Pacific Associates
- National Account Manager at BigRentz
- Territory Business Representative at Purdue Pharma, LLP
- Senior Executive Sales Representative at EpicGenetics
8 months at this Job
- Masters in Business Administration - Business Administration
- Bachelors of Arts - Marketing
Working with clinicians to help with the treatment plans of autistic children as well as maintaining client files and requesting high intensity services through Atrezzo. As the medical liaison I overlook client medical appointments including establishing providers; I also act as a resource to oversee medication administration in the program.
- Clinical Support Specialist/ Medical Liaison at Spurwink Services
- Home Support Manager at Residential Resources of Maine
- Home Support Manager at Residential Resources of Maine
2 years, 5 months at this Job
- B.S. - Community Health Education
- High School Diploma
Supports physician staff by representing physicians; screening and sorting mail, documents, and telephone calls; scheduling patient appointments and arranging referrals; billing patients and third-party payers; controlling accounts receivables; transcribing dictation; preparing medical reports, patient histories, operative notes, manuscripts, and correspondence; maintaining office files and patient records.
- Medical Liaison at THE HURLBUT
22 years, 7 months at this Job
- Associates Degree
Closely monitored acute conditions Took vital signs, TB test, and all IM injections Developed care plans for patients Ordered all supplies for Medical dept. Lead Medical nursing Staff Worked with all dept heads and doctors closely
- Lead Medical Liaison at Sovereign Health Group
- LPT/ Case Manager at US Navy
- Care Case Manager at LPT
- Ur Nurse at Little Co of Mary Hospital
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- BSW - Social Work
CPR/First Aid Certified Provide person served with their daily medications. Make sure all prescriptions are current and up to DDD standards. Provide any medical assistance as needed and up to my acquired ability. Keep medical records in order and up to date. Document any and all medical complaints and follow up as needed. Refill prescriptions through designated pharmacies. Contact individual doctors for any medical concerns, questions, refill requests, etc. Accompany person served on medical appointments and provide all medical information as requested. Create documents for organizational purposes. train new staff. respond to medical codes as well as behavioral codes as needed
- Mullica Hill / Medical Liaison at Bancroft/Lakeside
- skill building and/or rehabilitation to assigned person at Bancroft/Lakeside
- Advancing Opportunities / Family Support Specialist at Bancroft/Lakeside
- Shift Manager at Wawa
1 year, 7 months at this Job