Senior nurse instituting exceptional care to all patients within the department, as well as the facility as needed. Ability to quickly and professionally intervene in emergent situations. Maintained an excellent rapport with all staff. Assessed and implemented care of multiple patients at one time.
• Excellent triage skills.
• Guided and assisted doctors with no prior experience working in an emergency setting. Mentor to nurses, patient care technicians, and other members of medical team through professional reputation and vast knowledge of hospital network.
• Responsible for laboratory testing with equipment for CBC's, Troponins, UA's throat, nasal and wound cultures as well as preforming QC's, and equipment failure diagnostics and repairs.
- Registered Emergency Medical Nurse at Alexian Brothers Immediate Care Center
- Registered Emergency Medical Nurse at ST. Alexius Medical Center
6 years at this Job
- Associates - Nursing
- Bachelor of Science - Geology/Earth Science
Management of acute and chronic medical conditions in the patients home. Patient demographic was largely geriatric but also included any patients for whom going to a physicians office would require a taxing effort such as patients with cerebral palsy, Down's Syndrome, multiple sclerosis, severe COPD, paralysis, contractures, etc.
- Mobile Medical Nurse Practitioner at Sr Medical Clinic
- Nurse Practitioner at Premier Health Services
- Nurse Practitioner at East Tennessee Heart Consultants
- Nurse Practitioner at Chota Community Health Services
7 months at this Job
- Masters of Science - Nursing
- Associate of Science - Nursing
- Diploma - Nursing
1. Medication administration to residents assisgned under my care.
2. Diabetic Care and management of residents such as blood sugars, insulin admistration, and communication with physician's.
3. Wound care for residents with pressure ulcer's, stasis ulcer and skin tears.
Brookdale Senior Living
June 2015 - August 2017
Health and Wellness Director
1. I was supervisor for nursing and CNA staff. I worked directly with cooperate on the every day operation of the management of staff and care of residents of our facility.
2. Reports of a daily, weekly and monthly basis were part of my position on the care of residents and scheduling of CNA and nursing employees. I manage medication administration and diabetic care for all residents.
3. Working with residents, families, home health's and physicians to insure that our residents received best care possible.
Corizon Health at Central New Mexico Correctional Facility
Los Lunas, New Mexico
Licensed Vocational NURSE
LVN Psychiatric and Infection Control Nurse
I worked in the psychiatric unit for 4 years as a psychiatric nurse and then a year as infection control nurse for an 1800 bed correctional facility using multitudes different nursing skills and furthering my nursing career.
• Infection control nurse position was a wide spread position for the 200 plus employees of the correction facility and the 1800 inmates. Immunizations, managing Hepatitis C inmates care, Hiv Inmates medication, physician appointments and employees immunizations and records for corporation correctional facility and state was a challenge but one that I enjoyed.
• Psychiatric nursing was new to me but the challenge was well worth the hard work and demanding effort it took to excel in the position for 4 years taking care of some of the most mentally and disturbed of the New Mexico correctional system. Ochiltree General Hospital LVN Med Surg and Scrub Tech 10/2004 -6/2009 The five years I was at Ochiltree General Hospital afforded me the opportunity to work in many different areas of the hospital and to obtain a multitude of new and different skills sets to carry me forward in my nursing career.
• Med-surg consisted of direct patient care such as medication pass, diabetic care and insulin administration, wound care, starting IV's and IV therapy, and respiratory care.
• Surgery Tech was a new field of nursing I had not worked before so it offered me a new opportunity to learn a new skill set while doing C-sections, tonsillectomies, and other surgeries.
• Labor and Delivery gave me a level of care I had not experienced since nursing school.
• Emergency room care was an area that I helped in often especially during trauma's. Twin Oaks Manor Booker , Texas 4/2002 -10/2010 1. Charge nurse giving medications, diabetic care, and wound care. 2. Infection control of employees and residents such as TB testing, and annual immunizations. 3. Staff orientation of facility and policies. 4. Instructor of CNA class to teach care of residents and to help them get ready for state test.
- LVN Charge Nurse at Madison Medical Nurse
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- Associate - Liceanse Vocational Nurse
Responsible for managing the entire continuum of care for injured workers, from injury through return to work. Responsibilities include assessing, planning, coordinating, implementing, and evaluating injured workers through the medical case management process. Work as intermediary between carriers, attorneys, medical care providers, employers, and employees to ensure appropriate and cost-effective health care services.
- Medical Nurse Case Manager at Genex Services LLC
- Employee Health Coordinator /Workers Comp at St. Francis Medical Center
- Registered Nurse at Electronic Medical Records for associates
- Licensed Vocational Nurse at Mediscan Staffing
3 years, 10 months at this Job
- Vocational - Nurse
- - Nursing
- High School Diploma
at this Job
- Associate - Nursing
- Some college
• Medical management of multiple clients and their mental health, medical care, medical appointments.
• Staffing within each client site.
• Following state requirements policies and procedures per each client.
• Staff Scheduling.
• Medication administration and seizure training to new staff.
- Medical Nurse at Midwest Community Residential Services
- Detox Nurse at Clay County Medical Center
- LPN at Sanford Wound Clinic
- LPN at Sanford Walk-In Clinic
5 months at this Job
- Associate - Nursing-RN
- Associate - Nursing-LPN
of patients with diabetics, hypertension, hepatitis, HIV/AIDS, Cerebro- vascular diseases. etc.
- Medical Nurse/Duties at General Nursing care
- Orthopedic Nurse at Federal Medical Centre
- Medical Officer at Lonestar Drilling Company
- Surgical Nurse/ Duties at Osogbo, Osun State
7 years, 5 months at this Job
28 plus year in Medicare and Medicaid managed care. See resume.
- Medical nurse case manager at Caresource
- Nurse CareManager at Aetna
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- RN, CCM
Work as Medical nurse case manager in the Early Intervention Nurse Case Management Division. Responsible for contacting newly injured Federal employees within 24 hours of their injury. Work with newly injured Federal employees setting up a case management plan to help expedite their care to get them back to optimal health. Develops and implements a Plan of Care based on nursing diagnosis, client and physician input that includes medical interventions and measurable goals or outcomes using Web Opus computerized charting system. Responsible to ensure that the best possible care and services are delivered according to licensing guidelines, professional medical standards and agency policies and procedures. Work in Web Opus utilizing ICD 10 coding procedures. Follow up with agency staff on a weekly basis to ensure continuity of care. Responsible for completing and submitting Web Opus initial assessments, reassessments and transfers, resumptions of care, discharges and significant change in condition in accordance with agency, state and federal guidelines Responsible for completing nursing assessments of all Federal clients within specified deadlines. Responsible for providing new and/or continued services by educating and creating relationships with members of the health care field. Responsible for education of federal employees and providers on FECA guidelines.
- RN, COHN-S Telephonic Medical Nurse Case Manager at BSN
- RN at BSN
- RN, BSN, On-site Coordinator at Ti-State Occupational Health
- RN, BSN, Temporary Staff Nurse at Women's Wellness Center
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- B.S. in Nursing. - Nursing
- Associate Degree in Nursing - Nursing
- Cardiac Medical Nurse at Central Florida Health
- Nurse (LPN II) at Florida Heart Group
- Nurse (LPN II) at Orlando Regional Medical Center
1 month at this Job
- BSN - Nursing
- A.A. - General/Pre-Nursing
- High School Diploma