Medical office administrative assistant, extensive experience with interacting with the public, excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to work very well with others from working in retail, as well as exceptional organizational, time management, and customer service skills, also proficient with computers. Administrative/ Medical/ Clerical Medical Office Assistant, Dr. Michelle Alpert Fifth Ave Manhattan N.Y. 8/11 - Present Assist Office manager with daily tasks Filing and maintaining of patient medical records Reception and Scheduling Confirmation of patient appointments
- Medical office administrative assistant at Dr. Michelle Alpert Fifth Ave
- Retail/ Sales at Zara
- Sales and Stock Associate at ZARA
- Data Entry and Composite Blood Requisition at Mt Sinai Medical Center
7 years, 5 months at this Job
- Diploma - Medical Assistant
• Manage day to day front office operations
• Assist in clinic including patient check in and check out processes
• Scheduling new patient, follow up, and procedure appointments while following scheduling guidelines
• Effectively triage incoming calls from pharmacies, patients, sales representatives, physicians and hospitals
• Place outgoing calls to pharmacies, hospitals, physician's offices, imaging centers, and patients
• Processing/Scanning Medical Records in compliance with HIPPA laws
• Handle incoming and outgoing mail including distribution
• Provide quality care and a comfort to patients via telephone and in person
- Medical Office Administrative Assistant at Gulf to Bay Pain Management
- Student Finance Advisor at Ultimate Medical Academy
- Customer Service rep at General Dynamics IT
- Claims Specialist at General Dynamics IT
3 years, 8 months at this Job
• Opening - I am the current opener for this facility which includes calculating the money for the day prior and logging it in our files, opening the appointment book for the day's sick visits, checking the day prior's messages including ones left on the answering machine and via our answering service.
• Medical Records - I am one of the many individuals responsible for medical records as well. Once a request is received I check your paper files to make sure they do not have a paper chart, from there I print any and all visit notes to send to the doctor responsible for the transfer of care.
• Referrals - Working in a primary care pediatrician's office, we receive many referral requests. I have experience with referrals via NaviNet and paper referrals for patient's as well.
• Medical and Insurance Terminology - During my time here I have grown as far as medical terminology to a basic level as I have been working with several nurses and pediatricians.
• Office Duties- During my time here I have continued my office duties learned in prior places of employment. This includes but is not limited to answering phones professionally, scheduling appointments, taking messages for doctors and/or nurses, scanning, faxing, and filing documents, and much more.
• PCC EHR - As a medical office professional during my training I mastered the PCC EHR system in area's as far as checking clients in, checking and collecting balances, scheduling appointments, and checking patient's out as well.
• Pre-Certification/Prior-Authorization - For any parent that was in need of either a pre-certification or prior authorization I would complete it for them via a written form or phone call to the insurance company.
- Medical Office Administrative Assistant at Denville Pediatrics
- Staffing Recruiter at Express Employment
- Customer Service Representative at Depasquale Salon & Spa
- Sales Associate/Receptionist at European Wax Center of Florham Park & Roxbury
1 year at this Job
- Associates - Music Production
- - General Education
Electronic medical record keeping
● Managing medical records
● Knowledge of FDA requirements
● Work according to HIPPA state and federal regulations
● Phone and email correspondence
● Create and update patients electronic health records
● Insurance verification
● Insurance claim submission
● Perform quality checks on invoices
● Provide friendly and accurate customer service to patients
● Posting payments
- Medical Office Administrative Assistant at Dr. Paul B. Lavine's Office
- Production Worker at Frito-Lay Inc
- Picker/Packer at Amazon Fulfillment Associates
- Picker at Ikea
4 years, 9 months at this Job
• Meet and greet patients, physicians, staff and visitors daily.
• Oversaw daily office operations: managed incoming call, patient inquiries, scheduled appointments and handled pharmacy inquiries.
• Enter history and extent of disease, diagnostic procedures and treatment into computer.
• Prepare and submit claims to various insurance companies either electronically or by paper.
• Update Medicaid and Medicare payments by posting them on the computer.
• Verified and billed approximately 150+ patients per week. Processed billing and coding.
• Input extensive data entry; patient demographics, insurance benefits in the system.
• Processed electronic authorization on the internet by patient and id number.
• Distributed medical records, copying and sending or receiving and filing patient per requests.
• Located, checked in and pull medical records for appointments, lab result filing, physician consult and record completion.
• Verified and created claim number for Worker's Compensation and No Fault.
• Processed account receivable and accounts payable.
• Liaised with vendors to order and maintain inventory of office supplies.
- Medical Office Administrative Assistant Manager at Dr. Nassef .F. Hassan
- Medical Receptionist at Broadway Medical Dental
- Medical Office Administrative (Externship) at Kingsbrook Medical Center
10 years at this Job
- Associates Degree in Occupational Studies - Health Information Technology
Provide administrative support for a Chiropractic and Sports Therapy facility. ❖ Front desk reception. ❖ Schedule patient MRI's upon doctor's request. ❖ Prepare and obtain patient reports and update charts as needed. ❖ Register and schedule patients using Eclipse Chiropractic Software. ❖ Perform electronic eligibility verification for all scheduled appointments. ❖ Monitor, obtain, and verify insurance for all Major Med scheduled patients. ❖ Transmit various confidential documents using computer, mail, and/or fax. ❖ Copy and prepare patients medical records when requested by representing law firms. ❖ Obtain authorization from insurance companies for procedures prior to patient's appointment. ❖ Maintain and coordinate patient files/charts, MRI requests, MRI reports, and insurance claim forms. ❖ Obtain and verify all new No fault, Workers Compensation, and Major Med patients information to assure timely and accurate billing.
- Front Desk Medical Office Administrative Assistant at Brooklyn Chiropractic and Sports Therapy
- Temp Human Resources Administrative Assistant at Century 21 Department Store
- Administrative Assistant / Receptionist at Centre Street Systems, Inc
- Administrative Assistant / Receptionist at Robert's Steakhouse, LLC
1 month at this Job
- B.A. - Health Sciences
- Associates Degree - Medical Office Administration
- Medical Office Administrative Assistant at Daniel Ricci MD PA
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) at Dewey Stallings
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) at Liberty Commons Nursing and Rehabilitation
2 years, 5 months at this Job
I do the billing, reports, & SOAP notes. Create new patient files. Call law offices to get the status on the settlements and fax over liens. Call auto insurances to get updates on the claims. Clerical duties (fax/scan), create spreadsheets, check patients in, schedule appointments, and assist the doctor with the therapy treatments.
- Medical Office Administrative Assistant at Chong Chiropractic Clinic
- Medical Office Administrative Assistant at Del Carmen Medical Center
- Customer Service Representative at Estimates CSR / AZ Air Conditioning & Heating, Van Nuys
- Emergency Dispatcher at Life Alert, Encino
6 months at this Job
- Diploma - Medical Office Administrator
- Medical Office Administrative Assistant at Swope Health Service
- Customer Service at USA800
2 months at this Job
- - Medical Office Administration Program
Scheduling appointments, check patients in and out, verifying insurances, making sure the patients were completely satisfied with their visit.
- Medical Office Administrative Assistant at Footprint Podiatry
- Medical Assistant Externship at laing dermatology
- Cashier at IGA Food
- Waitress at Pizza Villa
1 year at this Job