Dermatology/ Facial Plastics/Cosmetic Surgery Medical Office Administrator/ Laser Tech/Biller Manage Daily operations, Scheduling, New patient appointments, Surgery scheduling, selling packages/specials, ordering, inventory, Billing, Collections, Marketing, Event Planner, Perform Cosmetic Laser treatments including Coolsculpting, hair removal, Fraxel, IPL, Thermi Va, Thermi Smooth, Smooth shapes, Exilis and assist in Laser lipo and Thermi Tight, and Smartgraph hair transplant.
- Medical Office Administrator/ Laser Tech at Atlanta Medical Day Spa and Surgery Center, LLC
- Medical Office Manager at Mark B. Braunstein, M.D
- Medical Office Manager at Pacific Medical Group, Multi-Specialty Group
11 years at this Job
Hanger Prosthetics & Orthotics
• As the Medical Office Administrator I am responsible for providing the highest level of customer service to the patients, fellow employees as well as referral sources through the coordination and administration of the front office activities. Typical responsibilities include all aspects of the clinic administrative operations from scheduling appointments, validating insurance and payment authorization, inputting claims, processing payments, performing account collections, conducting billing research and responding to telephone inquiries. Ensure billing for all services provided is accurate, timely and fully documented. Provide efficient cash collection through excellent reimbursement practices while ensuring compliance with relevant laws, regulations, and established company policies and compliance programs. Medical Assistant Instructor Vatterott College
• As the Medical Assistant Instructor I was responsible for teaching both the administrative and clinical skills necessary for my students to be able to obtain their diplomas as well as their Certifications for Medical Assisting. We prepare and practice lab skills daily as well as lecture on medical language, human resources, soft skills, medical math skills, Microsoft Basics which include: excel, word, works, and powerpoint as well as the core curriculum of Medical Assisting. Other areas of study also include medical coding and billing processes. Insurances and procedures within the field, as well as the importance to the medical charting process including all HIPPA regulations and guidelines as well as the difference and impact of EMR and EHR growth. Clinically Certified Hemodialysis Technician, Administrative Assistance, RX Manager, Certified Preceptor, Adequacy Manager, Vascular Access Manager Davita Dialysis
• Within this company I have learned to achieve many titles as well as spear head many of the other programs that the company utilizes within the clinic. I am responsible for providing excellent patient care through maintaining patient safety, vital signs, collecting patient data, maintaining accurate charting, draw labs as well as interpret the values of those labs. Assessing the patients' access for use, as well as cannulating, initiating and terminating the patients treatment is also part of my daily duties. Recognizing and reporting any adverse occurrences to the Registered Nurse is also my responsibility.
• As a Certified Preceptor, I am responsible for training all new clinical teammates as well as continuing to be the go to person for seasoned teammates. I prepare and render in-services for training sessions as well as prepare teammates for Weekly Prep, and their Certification Exams.
• As the Administrative Assistant I was responsible for admitting/discharging patients into the facility as well as prepare/maintain the patients charts. I am responsible for creating patient accounts as well as obtaining patient insurances. I was responsible for completing Medicare entitlement forms and submitting that data to CMS as well as the Department of Health and Human Services. Along with this, I am responsible for tracking daily treatment audits, monthly clinical audits, as well as preparing an Excel spreadsheet for weekly labor dollar tracking. More so, I kept a daily record of hospitalizations and access reports. I maintain most of the clinics paperwork, whether that be the patients directly or paperwork for clinical use. I am responsible for the ordering supplies for the clinic as well as any medications that may be needed, along with this I am responsible for counting and maintaining a weekly inventory. I am also responsible for verifying and imputing employee hours for payroll and making any necessary adjustments. I am responsible for reporting new patient admits to the CMS as well as preparing their verification of ESRD for government reporting and Medicare eligibility. Moreso, reporting their cause of ESRD, any changes in their modality, as well as when patients expire. I am also responsible for creating and maintaining patient charts. This also includes keeping a secure inventory of any purged charts that have been sent off to storage for retrieval if needed.
• As the RX Manager I am responsible for maintaining patient enrollment, as well as addressing any patient concerns or questions they may have. I am responsible for submitting patient insurances for eligibility and interpreting the different types of insurances. I maintain weekly workbooks and facility snapshots that produce the clinical outcomes for Davita RX.
• My duties as the Vascular Access Manager are to manage all patient accesses to maintain the highest quality patient outcomes possible. Part of this process is to be able to identify and overcome barriers that may prevent the patient from achieving the greatest access available to them. Moreso, being able to identify unforessen issues with patient accesses as well as making timely interventions are key to being a successful Vascular Access Manager. I have to monitor and track patient progress weekly and monthly and report my findings back to the Facility Administrator as well as the Regional Clinical Service Specialist for verification.
• My responsibilities as the Adequacy Manager are to track patient trends, as well as look for areas of opportunity. I have to determine what could cause a patient to be inadequate by looking at all areas of the patients lab work as well as their dialysis prescription to see if any adjustments need to be made to achieve higher quality outcomes for the patient. I have to report to the Clinical Service Specialist any areas within our process that can be improved for greater patient and clinical outcomes.
• Along with these titles, I have assumed several other roles within the clinic. These include spear heading the Programs Enriching People program, as well as being a Bone Buddy, Impact Champion, and an Albumin Ace.
• Other daily duties include but are not limited to - Operating the electronic medical record database, maintaining patient paper charts, imputing patient information to ensure proper billing and coding, submit records to the billing/coding department for payment, scanning patient insurances into the billing system along with the patient financial responsibility contracts, imputing patient information into the electronic charting system. Participating in the monthly FHM as well as any other duties assigned to me by the FA.
- Medical Office Administrator at Vatterott College
6 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associates - Health Care Administration
- Bachelor of Science - Business Management-Human Resource Management
I started at Saunders Prosthetics & Orthotics Group as a receptionist with little to no experience. The Following were the responsibilities of the receptionist. Entered patient information including insurance, demographic and health history into the system to ensure that all records were up-to-date Pleasantly greeted each patient and offered the desk sheet for easy sign-in. Processed patient payments and scanned identification and insurance cards. Took messages from patients and relayed them to the appropriate staff. Ensured that the phone was answered by the second ring and enthusiastically greeted all callers. Set up appointments for physician visits and procedures using calendar software. Straightened up the waiting room so that it remained neat and organized. I was quickly moved up after almost a month of working here to office administrator. The following are my responsibilities with the job title update. Assisted with referrals and prepared medical records for patients. Performed medical transcription duties. Submitted diagnosis and procedure codes for insurance companies. Kept office records complete, accurate and confidential at all times. Managed office inventory and completed new purchases in a timely manner. Managed the receptionist area, including greeting visitors and responding to telephone and in-person requests for information. Contacted providers to discuss status of rebilling and reimbursement process to ensure account resolution. Verified documents and associated records to catch and resolve discrepancies.
- Medical Office Administrator at Saunder's Prosthetics & Orthotics Group, LLC
- Daycare Teacher at It's A Kid's World Child Care Center
- Customer Service Manager (CSM) at Rural King
- Home Department Manager at Belk
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- certification - Medical code and billing
- Diploma - high school
- Certification - basic healthcare worker
Lisa Pensiero Manchester,NJ Cell (973) 856-3911 E-mail [email protected] OBJECTIVE: To utilize my many years of experience and strong knowledge of billing, and strong collections skills. I am seeking a challenging opportunity in the medical field as an office manager, or billing manager. Where I can fully utilize my office experience, strong work ethic, and dedication. QUALIFICATIONS: * Extremely detail oriented and organized * Committed to completing tasks on time * Works well under pressure * Dedicated, enthusiastic team player * Ability to overcome and solve problems * Always able to meet companies dead lines * Goal setter WORK EXPERIENCE: * Outstanding in acting as a liaison between medical facilities and insurance carriers ( Medicare, Medicaid, all commercial insurances) * Ability to read and interpret EOB's * Setting up new patients accounts * Verifications of insurance and eligibility * Posting insurance and patient payments * Submit electronic claims and papers claims (primary insurance and secondary insurance) * Follow up on all claims current,and unpaid, as well as aging claims * Highly skilled in collecting on past due patient accounts including resolution of discrepancies *Extremely knowledgeable with Medicare guidelines EMPLOYMENT HISTORY: 2016-present Northeast spine and sports medicine of Manchester Office Administrator duties include Responsibilities include: Over see office, and medical staff to ensure everyday operations run smoothly and efficiently along with other various office duties. insurance payment posting, reviewed and worked current account receivables. Followed up on pending and denied insurance claims with various insurance companies. submitted electronic claims via our internal system and clearinghouse. contacted insurance companies to obtain current medical benefits and eligibility. Obtained authorizations/ pre-certification for our injections, MRI Durable medical equipment and physical therapy visits. Ran daily stat and month end reports, credentialed and re-credential new providers for commercial insurance and Medicare via pecos. Other various duties as requested 2013-2016 Garden state spine and pain institute Billing office manager Responsibilities include: Over seeing billing dept. Enter daily patient charges, insurance payment posting, reviewed and worked current account receivables. Followed up on pending and denied insurance claims with various insurance companies. submitted electronic claims via our internal system and clearinghouse. contacted insurance companies to obtain current medical benefits and eligibility. Obtained authorizations/ pre-certification for our injections, Durable medical equipment and physical therapy visits. Ran daily stat and month end reports, patient collections (current and outstanding co-pays, deductibles, and co-ins) credentialed and re-credential new providers for commercial insurance and Medicare via pecos. Other various duties as requested 2013 - 2013 (Temporary position) Cash flow physician services Medical biller Responsibilities include: Aging insurance follow up, Insurance and patient payment posting, patient collections ( current and outstanding co-pays, deductibles, co-ins), daily reports, insurance appeals on denied claims 2012- 2012 Rapid collections services (Temporary position) Medical Biller Responsibilities include: Payment posting, Aging insurance follow up, patient collections (current and outstanding co-pays, deductibles, co-ins) 2008-2012 Dr Arie Rave, MD internal medicine Medical Biller/Collector: Responsibilities included: Electronic claims submission, aging insurance follow up, Insurance and patient payment posting, patient collections (co-pays, deductibles, co-ins), daily reports, month end reports per-certifications, referrals, reviewing patient accounts for accurate coding, appeals for denied claims 2008-2009 V & B Billing Company (I was the biller for the above dr for this company) Medical Biller/Collector: Responsibilities included: Electronic billing, aging insurance follow up, insurance and patient payment posting, patient collections (current and outstanding co-pays, deductibles, co-ins), daily reports, insurance appeals on denied claims 2007-2008 Ridgedale Surgical Center Medical biller/ collector: Responsibilities included: All phases of billing, patient collections (Current and outstanding co-pays, deductibles, co-ins), pre-certs, aging insurance and aging patient follow up, Insurance and patient payment posting, insurance appeals on denied claims. 2006-2007 Shore Sports Medicine Medical Receptionist responsibilities included: Appointment Scheduling, patient intake, insurance verifications, medical records . 2004-2006 Adults & Children Behavioral Counseling Office Manager/Billing/Collector Responsibilities include: Scheduling all appointments for our Psychotherapists, Patient intake, pre-certs, billing, aging Insurance follow up, insurance and patient payment posting, patient collections (current and outstanding co-pays, deductibles, co-ins) credentialing and re-credentialing of therapists, insurance appeals on denied claims. 1999-2003 Dr. Mario Szuchman Pediatrics LLC Medical Billing/Collector: Responsibilities included: Aging Insurance follows up, patient collections (current and outstanding co-pays, deductibles, co-ins) referrals, pre-certs, reception, appointment scheduling, insurance appeals on denied claims 1998-1999 Dr. Stephen Thompson Medical Receptionist Responsibilities included: Greeting patients, appointment scheduling, referrals, pre-certs, heights and weights. EDUCATION 1986-1990 Bloomfield High School References upon request Salary requirements to be discussed
- Medical office administrator/ Billing at Northeast spine and sports medicine of Manchester
- Billing Office Manager at Garden state spine and pain inst.
- Medical Billing Specialist at Cash flow
- Medical Biller/Collector at Rapid collections services
2 years, 7 months at this Job
Possess multi language capabilities, highly motivated professional with seven years of experience providing medical office assistance and management. Self-starter with exceptional interpersonal and organizational abilities, and a proven history of multi-tasking while supporting pediatric clinic and laboratory related operations. Have expertise in managing people, maintaining health center records, handling inbound/outbound calls, patient records, lab samples, scheduling meetings/appointments, and budget administration.
- Medical Office Administrator at PCP Skylands Pediatrics, New Jersey
- Receptionist at Clifton Pediatrics
- Store Manager at Brothers Produce
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - chemistry
- Associate - math and science
Kept office records complete, accurate and confidential at all times. Collected information, verified insurance and collected co-payments for patients each day Communicated with patients regarding payments on outstanding accounts. Scheduled appointments, oversaw check-ins and resolved patient concerns in a high-volume practice. Conducted insurance verification, referrals and pre-authorization, and prepare and managed patient records. Organized patient files and streamlined operations to improve efficiency. Managed office inventory, replenish when inventory became low. Prepared patients' medical charts and ensured patient filled out paperwork accurately and in full. Submitted diagnosis and procedure codes for insurance companies. Provided exceptional patient experience through friendly and compassionate communications. Gathered information to file appeals for denials and minimized inaccuracies by maintaining accurate records of approvals. Maintained current knowledge of health records system and trained all new employees on correct usage.
- Medical Office Administrator at Dr. Peter L. Lope, D.C
6 years, 8 months at this Job
- - Business
• Front Office receptionist
• Performed billing, scheduling, referrals and authorizations for patients
• Updated and maintained patient medical records
- Medical Office Administrator at First Valley Medical Group
- Externship at Personal Touch Medical Billing Service
- Customer Service Representative at Princess Cruises
2 years, 2 months at this Job
• Greet all patients and incoming guests with a warm welcome and address each need individually with significant attention to detail
• Conduct intake calls with prospective and current patients seeking medical assistance
• Register new patients and update existing patient demographics by collecting detailed patient information including personal and financial information
• Direct patients to the appropriate specialist by listening closely to the specific concerns of patients
• Exceeded supervisors expectations by creating a simplified filing system that expedited data tasks and projects
• Took initiative in daily office operations and communicated effectively with office advisors, supervisors, and staff on a daily basis, notifying them of any changes or issues
• Maintained a secure filing system and adhere to the guidelines within the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA)
• Calculate cost of materials for office use and remain within the department budget
• Collect patient co pays and communicate with insurance companies to verify patient coverage, get authorization for special testing, or referrals
• Process medical record requests, legal correspondence request, and insurance data for other facilities
- Medical Office Administrator at Potomac Neurosurgery
- Real Estate Office Assistant at Residential Plus Real Estate
- Salon Receptionist and Sales Representative at Residential Plus Real Estate
- Certified Cosmetologist/Hair Stylist at Unique Chic Maryland
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
- Cosmetology License
As part of my day-to-day tasks, I answered phones, schedule appointments and organized medical records.Processed insurance forms, prepared reports and assisted physicians with various presentations or articles. Using my knowledge of medical procedures and customer service, I recorded medical histories and schedule patients for hospitalization or other procedures as well as prepared and followed referrals as well as prior authorizations. Other duties included bookkeeping tasks, such as billing patients, preparing financial and tax reports and processing invoices. Maintained and use spreadsheets, accounting and word processing software, in addition to other office duties that included sending and receiving faxes of confidential medical information and reports and making sure they get to the correct area or physician. Used and maintained credit card payments POS for co payments,deductibles and cash paying patients. I was also responsible for checking patients in at the front desk, Interviewing patients for case histories in advance of appointments,Compiling medical records and charts, processing insurance payments, verifying insurance and policies, followups and corrections on claim denials, AR, and payment postings.
- Medical Office Administrator at Edicine Internal Medicine and Urgent Care
- Pre-Registration Patient Financial Counselor Scottsdale Healthcare at HonorHealth
- Claims Analyst Claims Inquiry at Research Aetna
- Pharmacy Tech/CS/Tech Support at MedImpact Healthcare Systems
10 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Medical Administration
• Maintaining an environment of safety for patients, self and others
• Receiving and greeting patients and visitors
• Answering the telephone, directing calls appropriately, and providing accurate and complete information
• Performing computerized scheduling of appointments, generation of schedules, reports and forms, and other related computer functions
• Initiating telephone/facsimile communication to confirm appointments, and to obtain and communicate referral authorizations
• Processing the patient's financial information which includes obtaining/up-dating their insurance information, coding visits using ICD-9 and CPT codes, entering charges for their office/hospital visits, balancing receipts for the day and month, and responding to any questions related to billing
• Preparing, maintaining and processing the patient's medical records, and numbering and filing any loose correspondences
• Processing in-coming and out-going mail and delivering it to the appropriate people
• Managing and caring for the required resources which includes supplies, equipment and the facility
• Providing back up and/or support for other administrative medical office assistants
• EPIC Software experience
- Medical Office Administrator at UNC Physicians Network
- Pharmacy Technician at Harris Teeter-Pharmacy
1 year at this Job
- AAS - Medical Office Administration (Medical Billing and Coding)
- - Certified Medical Office Specialist
- Diploma - Medical office Administration
- Certification - Pharmacy Technician