As a Medical Office Assistant I would:
• Answer telephone calls/voicemails
• Insurance verification
• Schedule & confirm appointments
• Collect copays & deductibles
• Help in claims
• Check in and out patients
• Batch out
• Help in referrals
- Medical Office Assistant at Topcare Medical
- Optometrist Assistant/Receptionist at Trang T. Nguyen, OD. & Assoc.
- Office Secretary/ Home provider at Moras Home Health Care
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Seeking a position as a Medical Office Assistant where I may provide direct patient care in an emotionally demanding but rewarding environment. I am organized with 8 years progressively responsible experience as a medical office assistant. Profound communication skills with proven ability to deliver patient oriented medical care services. Familiar with infection control protocols and medical terminology. Familiar with PM and EHR. Bilingual fluent in Spanish and english
- Medical Office Assistant at Childrens Health of Carolina/Raeford Pediatrics
7 years, 11 months at this Job
- - Phelbotomy
- High school or equivalent
Medical Office Assistant, Data Entry, Insurance verifications, Eligibilty, Admitting Registration, CVT Transfers, DME, IUR, ICD codes, Translating, Interpreting, Patient Assist, Diabetic teaching assist, SNF Placing, Discharge Planning, Resource Referrals, Patient F/U, Multi Phones Lines, Tele Monitoring, Filing, MD order verification, Floater to other depts.
- Medical Office Assistant II at County of Ventura
15 years, 10 months at this Job
- High school - General
- Some college
Medical Office Assistant experience using PrognoCIS electronic medical records program. My responsibilities include checking patients in and out, checking insurance, scanning ID and insurance cards, faxing medical record requests out and receiving and attaching medical records to patient charts, ordering medical supplies and office supplies, responsibility for maintenance in the building and other office needs as required. I was chosen as Employee of the Month for September 2018.
- Medical Office Assistant at Integrated Pain Solutions
- Administrator at Kingdom Life Fellowship of Richlands, Inc
- Teacher at Evangel Christian Academy
- Secretary at Belvedere Baptist Church & Camp Fun in the Son
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Elementary Education and Physical Education
- High School Diploma
New Hyde Park, NY
Medical Office Assistant Pediatric Neurology, 2011 to Present
Medical Office Assistant with extensive hands-on experience in providing administrative support to complex medical groups and health clinics. Skilled in managing front office functions, including customer service, patient appointments, billing and collections, and records management. Success in optimizing delivery of care by automating charting systems and continuously measuring performance metrics. Provide basic life support such as CPR in the event of patients' conditions worsening during observation or treatment.
➢ Reacted effectively in emergency scenarios, demonstrating sound decision-making that helped save patient lives.
➢ Maintain accurate records of patient care, condition, progress and concerns
➢ Communicate with physicians regarding assigned patients conditions and ensure that any changes in medical treatment are incorporated into the plans.
➢ Monitor vital signs, such as blood pressure, pulse, height and weight, EKG, phlebotomy
➢ Directed incoming calls, facilitated patient flow, registered and checked patients in and out, obtained and updated demographic, medical, and insurance information, scheduled appointments, and utilized EMR software.
- Medical Office Assistant Pediatric Neurology at NORTHWELL HEALTH COHEN MEDICAL CENTER
- Medical Office Assistant at St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital
8 years at this Job
- - Medical
Duration: 08/13/2018 - current job Designation: Front desk medical office assistant and translator
- Front desk medical office assistant and translator at Clyburn Center
- Waitress/ cashier at Monterrey Mexican Restaurant
- Customer Service Rep. (Sales Depto) at
- Secretary at Congreso de la Republica de Guatemala
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Merchandising and Advertisement
Hard working college student that can effectively work with the public and all levels of staff to provide exceptional service.
Hudson Valley Imaging - Monroe/New Windsor, NY
Medical Office Assistant 12/ 2017 - Present
• Opening and closing the office
• Answering multiple phone lines in a timely manner
• Registering patients for appointments, screening medical history before testing
• Accurately scheduling appointments according to guidelines
• Verifying insurances and authorizations
• Greeting patients and co-workers in a friendly fashion creating a positive environment
• Filing paperwork, scanning medical records, faxing medical records to other facilities
- Medical Office Assistant at
- at Middletown Medical
- Receptionist at HIM
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelors in Human Services - Human Services
- Associates in Arts
• Provides direct supervision of administrative medical office assistants in absence of Practice Manager.
• Provides support and training for other administrative medical office assistants.
• Maintains compliance with organizational policies and procedures.
• Demonstrates leadership in customer service skills when interacting with patients, families and other visitors. Exhibits effective communication skills and team work.
• Supports the use of new technology; attends technology training sessions, demonstrates skill in using technology.
• Meets goals set by Practice Manager throughout the Manager in Training Program.
• Provides help with other clinics during Go-Live events.
• Continues to performs job duties of Medical Office Assistant.
- Sr. Medical Office Assistant at UNCPN
- Medical Office Assistant at
- Certified Pharmacy Technician at Walgreens
- Intern at Walgreens
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Masters of Business Administration in Healthcare Management - Healthcare Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration in Healthcare Management - Healthcare Management
- Associates of Arts
Being a lead medical office assistant, I was trained on back office and front office. As a medical assistant I would do vitals, injections, EKG’s, spirometrys, ear lavages, point of care testing, and assist doctors with procedures. As a front office person I would register new patients, check in/out, take copays, do deposits and verify insurances. As a lead of the office I was the supervisor who worked under my manager. I would do things such as making schedules for the staff, making sure patients were being taken care of, dealt with any patient complaints, and walking through with state for inspection.
- Lead medical office assistant at HonorHealth
- Manager at McDonald's
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- High school
- Medical Assistant
Employment Dates: 04/2007 to Present ~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Weekly Hours: 40 Supervisors: Mrs. Dress Moore 912-819-8351 As a Medical Office Assistant I perform a variety of administrative and clerical duties that are necessary to run and maintain an effective office. This includes utilizing the computer to create patient records at registration, reviewing the intake forms of each new patient, creating spreadsheets for billing, scheduling follow-up appointments, assisting the nurses, assisting patients, with based individual needs such as cleaning wound, keying orders for the Physicians, faxing medical record, contacting the pharmacy, and cleaning the exam room. And I follow or adhere to all medical ethics, administrative procedures, quality assurance, while managing the medical documentation to ensure patient confidentially.
- Medical Office Assistant at St. Joseph's/ Candler Center for Hyperbaric and Wound Care
- General Laborer/ Clamp Operator/ Scan Operator at Staff Chex Inc
- Pre-K Teacher Assistant at ABC Childcare Center
11 years, 9 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
- Certificate in Hospital Transport