* Promoted from Insurance Verification Rep to Medical Office Manager within one year of hire. * Process insurance and medical paperwork for 85-160 patients per day. * Exceed daily goals increased production by 20% allowing me to get several days ahead, expediting patient and office flow. * Data Entry, verify and adjust insurance benefits, enter daily hash total via 10 key typing at 55-60 wpn. * Charge Entry, utilize policies and procedures for Medicare and Medicaid. * Answer multi-lined phone system, update demographics and registration for patients. Direct flow of traffic for patients. * Compile, balance, and prepare reports. Ran Ambulatory reports to Supervisor daily as well as entering charges and payments. * Trained all new employees in data entry and CERNER and Apple iWork and implemented tools to help them get promoted to other positions.
- Medical Office Manager at UT Methodist Physicians Central Billing Office
- Charge Entry Specialist (Team Lead) at UT Medical Group
- Lead Billing Specialist at Whitehaven Southwest MHC
5 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Professional Psychology - Public Administration, Criminology
- - Funeral Services Technology
- Associate - Certified Medical Coding
I WAS THE MEDICAL OFFICE MANAGER FOR A FAMILY PRACTICE FROM 1985 to 2004 and during the 20 years that I worked there, I worked in every position.RECEPTIONIST DUTIES included making appointments, telephones, obtaining patient information for billing and health history questionaires. Data entry for insurance and patient billing, Coding and charging of patient services, and posting of payments, deposits, and referrals. I used Good CUSTOMER SERVICE. I supervised 2-3 employees, HUMAN RESOURCES, Applicants were interviewed, I wrote employee paychecks and completed state and federal forms. I learned back office medical procedures, so that I could fill in.OFFICE EQUIPMENT. Includes computers, photocopiers, fax machines, typewriters (80 wpm) and the proficient use of the 10 key adding machine.
- Medical Office Manager at EDWARD L. DOLCI, M.D
20 years, 9 months at this Job
- High school - General education
Hematology, oncology, geriatric, critical care, and internal medicine. Managed medical office, including patient intake, scheduling, billing, and record keeping. Served as channel of communication for patients, hospitals, health plans, billing service and insurance companies. Developed knowledge of affiliated hospital to support continuum of patient care.
• Oversaw all aspects of office management.
• Monitored reimbursements, 3rd-party payer negotiations, and maintenance of contracts.
• Maintained new and current relations with lab companies and representatives. Intake, Scheduling, Patient Relations
• Did patient intakes, scheduled appointments, maintained appointments calendar.
• Ensured appropriate check-ins; escorted patients to examination room.
• Prepared medical records for physician review prior to patient visits.
• Provided caring, compassionate and respectful atmosphere. Recordkeeping, Billing, Insurance
• Maintained patient medical records, lab reports, examination results (HIPPA compliant)
• Managed patient billing, collections and credits.
• Submitted insurance claims and adjustments for approval/payment.
- Medical Office Manager at Medical Office of Dr. Thoman Gynn, M.D
- Stocker at Jewel Supermarket
12 years, 10 months at this Job
Medical Office Manager Medical Billing Specialist Accounts Receivables Specialist Management of Office staff Management of daily office operations Small Claims litigations Monthly invoicing Computer Networking/Set up for both home and office
- Medical Office Manager/ Billing Specialist at Topsfield Family Chiropractic and Physical Therapy
- Insurance Billing Manager at Danubio Chiopracic
- Billing Manager/ Chiropractic at Seacoast Spine and Injury Care
- Billing Manager at Harbot Eye Care
23 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Liberal Arts
- - Liberal Arts
Worked Private owned urgent care center. First couple years job title= Administrative Assistant. After 3 years job title = Office Manager.
Handled all aspects of managing medical office including outside marketing. Business closed by owner June 2017. Only 2 years shy of 25 years.
- Medical Office Manager at Emergency Medical Center
24 years, 4 months at this Job
- none - Elementary Education/Psychology
MEDICAL OFFICE MANAGER 2016 - PRESENT NEPHROLOGY ASSOCIATES M.D., P.A Oversee day-to-day operations of medical practice with twelve physicians, five nurse practitioners across three main offices and five satellite offices Developed and implemented walk-in lab program at three offices with Quest Diagnostics saving approximately $8000 a year or 390 hours of data entry for nursing staff Modernized payroll process, appointment reminders, scheduling and patient communications Elevated employee engagement via collaboration and developing clearly defined expectations
- MEDICAL OFFICE MANAGER at NEPHROLOGY ASSOCIATES M.D., P.A
- TRAINING CONCIERGE INTERNSHIP at SAINT LUKE'S HEALTH SYSTEM
- MANAGER/ASST. MANAGER at Hy-Vee, Inc
- WINE DEPARTMENT MANAGER at LUKAS LIQUOR WINE AND SPIRITS
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate - Science with Emphasis in Health Information Systems
- Bachelor's in BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Medical Office Manager / Dr. Paul H. Eisenberg, D.P.M. - Berea, OH / 04.1997 - 04.2004 Recruited, hired, trained and supervised administrative office staff. Oversaw daily office operations. Trained new employees on medical billing program and data entry software. Performed accounts receivable duties including invoicing, researching chargebacks, discrepancies and reconciliations. Provided clerical/medical assisting support to staff when needed. Scheduled surgeries and wrote orders. Scheduled and managed patient appointments. Verified insurance, Pre-certified surgeries/procedures, claim reviews, etc. Participated in workshops and other training opportunities to remain current on billing procedures, regulations and industry updates. Oversaw private and MCR billing, AR and verified that proper procedures were followed.
- Medical Office Manager at Dr. Paul H. Eisenberg, D.P.M
- Medical Office Manager / ENT Head & Neck Surgery at Cleveland Clinic Foundation
- Medical Office Receptionist / Drs at Pechman, Frimer & Meixler-Pulmonary & Critical Care
7 years at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Business
I was a "working office manager" Worked the front desk and also assisted the doctor. Did all the medical billing along with dictation. Excellent patient skills
- Medical Office Manager at Office of Stephon Payseur in Dallas an also Dr Gerald Moore in Plano
9 years at this Job
- Some college
As a medical office manager I am responsible for overseeing eight staff members and four providers as well as the budget and overall well-being of the facility. Other duties include: ◦ Opening and closing the office ◦ Preparing deposits for end of day ◦ Acting as a back-up for open positions and staff on leave ◦ Managing time cards and PTO requests ◦ Evaluating staff/completing performance reviews ◦ Creating schedules and provider templates ◦ Addressing concerns/complaints from patients ◦ Preparing and implementing the office budget ◦ Completing office inventory weekly ◦ Ordering supplies for the office and providers ◦ Facilitating physician and staff requests ◦ Prepare billing according to regulations set by the Centralized Billing Office ◦ Prepare/maintain billing files & records ◦ Provide timely notation of action on patient accounts ◦ Hire, terminate, and train staff in a medical office ◦ Formulate objectives and processes ◦ Develop and implement office policies and procedures ◦ Mediating disputes between coworkers Knowledgeable in ADP and ICIMS Adept in Clientell and Finesse Clinical Systems Analyst (ULP IT) As an analyst my main responsibility is resolving user issues related to ULPs EHR system ALLSCRIPTS and ALLSCRIPTS Scan as well as training staff on how to work within these systems. Other duties include: ◦ Worked helpdesk tickets secured from the KACE. Set up provider and user accts, troubleshot technical issues with the system, unlocking provider notes, amongst various other submitted tickets ◦ Monitored EHR Hotline - working with the helpdesk and end users to solve high priority issues/tickets ◦ Managed Follow my Health ticket queue and call center. Helped end-user's setup their FMH accts, troubleshot technical issues with user accts, fielded customer complaints. Trained new staff in call triage and customer support ◦ Taught and coordinated new hire clinical staff and allscripts clinical staff scan training classes ◦ Enrolled users in training and netlearning/healthstream courses associated with their job functions ◦ Created user/provider profiles within the netlearning/healthstream system ◦ On site clinic rotations assisted staff and/or providers with EHR issues ◦ On site clinic rotations trained staff and/or providers on new implementations within the EHR ◦ Project Management - Mapped out project process for various projects, cooridinated with various teams regarding project process, communicated with End User progress and needs of the project. Projects include but not limited to: RelayMed, EHR Scan Chart Implementation, DM Eye Camera Workflow Process Project, Patient Link & Provider Data Update Mission ◦ Training Projects- New scan process, RelayMed process, EHR user general knowledge during onsite rotations ◦ Verified and merged duplicate patient accounts within the EHR and Scan applications ◦ Managed the prescription failure task queue - resent failed prescriptions to the pharmacy ◦ Managed the prescription renewal task queue - locating patient chart information and routed tasks to appropriate provider for medication refills Project Management Experience Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook. Knowledgeable in Visio, Sharepoint, and Citrix. Fluent in Allscripts and Centricity Business Medical Office Lead (ULP Child Neurology) As the medical office lead I had six to eight direct reports at any given time and was responsible for the office's medical records, insurance verification, and check-in/check-out staff. In addition, I also oversaw the accuracy of the billing efforts and am the acting communication between the Division of Child Neurology and the Centralized Billing Office (i.e. Consults, EEGS, EMGS, etc.) as well as the training of all new staff under my purview. ◦ Maintained new patient referral batch - sort all new patient documentation into the patient's chart ◦ Managed new patient task basket - task provider's new patient referral information for review ◦ Scheduled all new patient appointments based of provider recommendations from new patient task basket ◦ Ensured accuracy of patient data ◦ Prepared billing according to regulations set by the Centralized Billing Office ◦ Prepared/maintained billing files & records ◦ Provide timely notation of action on patient accounts ◦ Verified and maintained beneficiaries account information for posting & reconciling payments ◦ Authenticated insurance benefits & eligibility information related to primary care manager changes ◦ Maintained records and files by editing and updating database records for accuracy ◦ Managed the physicians line, triaged provider and hospital calls by documenting the calls or transferring them to the appropriate nursing staff ◦ Handled and processed practice-dedicated phone line & voicemail ◦ Scheduled outside testing such as MRIs and EEGs ◦ Point person between our office and hospitals regarding pre-certs ◦ Trained incoming staff on workflow and procedures ◦ Interviewed potential new hires for positions under my purview ◦ Monitored employee attendance and vacation requests ◦ Filled in for absent staff - Medical Records, Check in and out, Pre-cert verification, Scheduler ◦ Maintained new patient task basket - task provider's new patient referral information for review Intake Coordinator (ULP Child Neurology) As intake coordinator I was responsible for the handling and organization of all pertinent patient information into patient charts as well as their appointment scheduling, and check in and check out process while in the office. ◦ Input and ensured accuracy of patient demographic and insurance information ◦ Tasked referral information to providers for review ◦ Booked, canceled and/or rescheduled patient appointments ◦ Answered incoming calls pertaining to the scheduling and/or cancellation of appointments ◦ Checked in/checked out patients ◦ Supported providers with special projects ◦ Updated time sensitive documents for credentialing purposes and privileges ◦ Educated in medical terminology and metric conversions
- Medical Office Manager (Cardiology) at University of Louisville Physicians
- Corrections Officer at Kentucky State Reformatory
- Package Handler/Administrative Assistant at United Parcel Service
4 years, 10 months at this Job
Medical Office Manager for an independent gynecology and infertility office of three providers and 11 staff members. Job duties include financials, billing, coding, supply ordering, inventory, reports, audits, scheduling, contracts, and fee schedules.
- Medical Office Manager at Woman's Clinic, Inc
- Safety and Fleet Coordinator at Burrell Behavioral Health
- Administrative Assistant to VP of Finance, VP of Research & Quality Assurance at Burrell Behavioral Health
- Credentialing Specialist at CoxHealth Network
5 months at this Job
- High School Diploma