I’m a Medical Office Specialist in a busy and highly rated internal medicine practice. I, along with 2 others, construct the schedule for each MD and APRN. I assist patients with paperwork needed for the check in process as well as load their insurance and make follow up appointments. I answer many phone calls being sure to help with what the person is asking. If they have a question I do not have the answer for I offer to go ask a practice manager or nurse or transfer their call to someone that can help. We have medical software and an appointment reminder system to keep things organized.
- Medical Office Specialist at TriStar Centennial Medical Center
- Patient Access Representative at Baptist Health
- Team Leader at MS Companies
- Medical Office Specialist at
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Associates in Applied Science - Medical Office Management
Medical office specialist
- Medical office specialist at South Texas Center for Pediatric Care
- csr directv at alorica business solutions
- secretary at law office of juan calderon
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- some college
5721 Esplanade Dr. Corpus Christi, Texas 78412 -Medical Office Specialist / Front Office Lead -Medical Records
- Medical Office Specialist / Front Office Lead at Texas Precision Surgery Center
- cashier at HEB
- host at Chilis Bar & Grill
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Some College
- - social work
• Working as a Medical Office Specialist in a fast-paced Women's Health Clinic.
• Working at the receptionist desk checking in patients and properly documenting registration.
• Answering phone calls and accurately communicating messages.
• Verifying insurances and patient demographics.
• Collecting co-pays and cash from patients, getting authorizations on credit cards.
• Filing medical requests and medical records received from other facilities into the correct patients charts.
- Medical Office Specialist at Physicians Service Groups, LLC
- Medical Office Specialist at Mayo Clinic Health System of Waycross/ Express Care / Memorial Satilla Health/ Express Care
- Scanning Technician at Mayo Clinic Health Systems of Waycross/ Health Information
- Firefighter at City of Waycross Fire Department
11 months at this Job
- - Fire Science Technology
- - Criminal Justice
As a medical office specialist, I am responsible for greeting our patients when they walk into the office. I answer phone calls, process payments, and schedule patients.
- Medical Office Specialist at HCA Physician Services Group
- Lead Teacher at The Learning Experience
- Assistant Teacher at Xplor
- Camp Counselor at YMCA
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Certification - Clincal
- High school or equivalent
Christus St. Vincent Plastic Surgery Specialists
1631 Hospital Dr. Ste 150
Santa Fe, NM 87505
Medical Office Specialist, December 2018- Present
• Check in patients for their appointment, update insurance and demographic information
• Collect patient co-payments and past due balances
• Schedule follow-up appointments, and new patient appointments
• Obtain prior authorizations for outpatient surgeries
• Perform other office duties as necessary
- Medical Office Specialist at Christus St Vincent Plastic Surgery Specialists
- Patient Care Coordinator at South Denver Cardiology Associates LLC
- Medical Assistant/Office Receptionist at
- Front Desk Receptionist at
3 months at this Job
Arkansas Sleep and Pulmonary Medicine - North Little Rock, AR Daily answer multi-line phones, assist patients with scheduling and rescheduling office appointment, direction to our clinic and general medical questions. I return voicemail to schedule appoints or answer general questions. I fax, copy, scan and email daily due to using an EMR web based system for our patient charts. I am responsible for scheduling outpatient testing at local facilities and hospitals ordered by the physician. I obtain prior authorization for test ordered by the physician in accordance with the patient's insurance company. I also obtain prior authorization for prescribed medication in accordance with patient's insurance coverage. I work with hospitals and facilities to make sure testing reports are returned in a timely manner. I have to keep abreast of constant insurance changes to maximize patient benefits. All correspondence and patient demographics are entered into a hippa compliant program.
- Medical Office Specialist at Medical Office
- Medical Receptionist at Arkansas Pulmonary, Sleep and Infectious Disease
- Part Time Volunteer at New Life Church
- Teller at Regions Bank
8 months at this Job
- - General Studies
Medical Office Specialist, Florida Heart & Lung Institute, December 2016 - Present
• Responsible for scheduling patient appointments.
• Responsible for checking patients in.
• Ensured patients’ paperwork was completed to practice standards.
• Assisted in family practice facilities as needed. Medical Business Office Assistant, North Florida Endoscopy Center, January 2016 - December 2016
• Checked patients in for colonoscopy and endoscopy procedures.
• Ensured patients’ paperwork was completed to department standards.
• Responsible for verifying patients’ insurance through Availity and taking payments.
• Mailed patients’ procedure notes to their PCPs and referring physicians.
• Assisted in medical records as needed.
- Medical Office Specialist at HCA
- Customer Service Assistant at Haven Hospice
- Transcriptionist at Student Business Services of Gainesville
- Temporary Assistant at Express Employment
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Healthcare Administration
- Associate of Arts - Biological Sciences
- High School Diploma
I currently work for Clinch Valley Physicians Associates as a Medical Office Specialist. I register patients in as well as do insurance verifications and update their charts.
- Medical Office Specialist at CVPA
- Accounting Clerk at Ammars
- Sales Administrator at Pyott Boone
- Cashier/ Dept Manager at Magic Mart
5 months at this Job
- Certificate - Business management
- Certificate - Electronic Medical Records
- High school or equivalent
• Front desk daily management of a multi-specialist surgical office as lead MOS: answering phones (avg. 80/day), scheduling appointments, directing patients, scheduling & confirming appointments
• Achievement of corporate metrics of performance by implementing strategic workflow operations to meet metric objectives
• Train new hires of medical office specialist in front desk operations and create training manual for each new hire.
• Examine patient's insurance coverage, deductibles, and collect payments
• Manage end of day payment reconciliation and proper documentation
• Increased upfront cash collections by 50 percent by initiating payment plans as a signed contract agreement and documenting appropriately
• Educate patients about their insurance fiduciary benefits and obligations and assist in their healthcare navigation
- Lead Medical Office Specialist at HCA
- LEADERSHIP HISTORY/ VOLUNTEER WORK at Toys for the Poor
- Assistant Manager at Papa John's franchise store
- Head Cashier at Papa John's franchise store
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- AA in Accounting - Accounting