Medical Office Supervisor/Administrative Assistant with over 12 years of experience Experience Healthcare Administrative Associate Team Lead Carilion Clinic OB/GYN, Christiansburg, VA October 2012 -present (internal transfer to this position) Supervision of 7 employees Tracking and supervision of 12 provider schedules Create and track employee schedules for 3 office locations monthly Reconcile end of day/end of month reports Hire and train new employees including the onboarding of new physicians Patient registration, appointment scheduling, copay collection End of day cash drawer processing, end of month deposit logs, reconciliation reports Timekeeping to include Kronos, PTO, lunches and overtime management
- Medical Office Supervisor/Administrative Assistant at Carilion Clinic OB/GYN
- Medical Office Associate Team Lead at Carilion Clinic Family Medicine
- Receptionist at Neurology Services of SWVA
- Customer Service Representative at Citizens Telephone Cooperative
6 years, 5 months at this Job
- - Medical Assistant Program
Front office supervisor, responsible for managing and supervising front office activities for our organization. In charge of managing a group of medical staff that help patients, clients, and other visitors. As a supervisor, I must make sure the front office keeps an accurate records of incoming patients and provides excellent customer service, provide training to new staff and act as a mentor on topics such as how to respond to patient and prospective patients. Additionally, I assist company meetings, as well as review current procedures to help reduce wait time and make medical processes more efficient. As supervisor, I'm in charged of paperwork review forms for errors, and perform administrative tasks such as records maintenance. I assist with scheduling and visiting tasks, order office supplies and medical equipment when required, and refer patients to other medical offices and areas as needed. I coordinate medical appointment as required by physicians and help with paperwork. In all tasks, as a supervisors must follow strict patient privacy procedures and maintain a friendly and professional working atmosphere. I also must help keep front office area clean of clutter and dangerous objects. I'm also cross trained and cover the back office, run errands for the office, run payroll, billing, familiar with cpt and icd 10 coding, and experience on emr.
- Medical Office Supervisor at gonzales medical center,inc.
- Medical Receptionist/Medical Assistant at Hilltop family medical group
- Medical Assistant at Santa Lucia Medical Group
- Medical Assistant at Hilltop Family Medical Group
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- certificate - medical
• o Mirco MD EMR utilize
• o Answer the phone
• o Schedule appointments
• o Confirm appointments
• o Medical Records
• o File and Pulled charts
• o Verify insurances
• o Collect payments
• o Post payments
• o Post charges
• o Billing and Coding
• o Collections
• o Administrative duties
• o Front desk office work
• o Check patients in and out
• o Managed the front office
• o Electronic Medical Records utilize
- Medical Office Supervisor at Chhabra Medical Corp
- Receptionist/Billing at Internal Medicine Center
- Receptionist / Billing at Obstetrical Systems
7 years, 9 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Health Care Administration
- Diploma - Medical
Medical office supervisor duties included; budgeting, ordering supplies, and customer service while coordinating staff, recruiting new employees, handling payrolls. Ensured the practice met current medical laws, regulations and ethics. Provide professional patient management and confidential file review. Managed and fixed schedules of physician, staff and patients. Managed and maintained office supplies and equipment inventory. Maintained office supplies and equipment inventory.
- Medical Office Supervisor at MomDoc Women's Health Research
- Medical Assistant at MomDoc Women's Health Research
- Medical Assistant at Desert Jewel Obstetrics
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- Medical Assistant Certificate
- High School Diploma
• Responsible for overseeing and maintaining all daily operations for the Department of Surgery's Colorectal, Thoracic and General Surgery Divisions.
• Provides direction, guidance and leadership to administrative support and clinical staff to promote teamwork and ensure compliance with organizational and departmental policies and procedures.
• Supports all providers within each division.
• Oversees clinic and clinic schedule to maximize utilization, provide increased patient access and promote great customer service allowing for better patient experience.
• Approves and monitors vacation request to ensure adequate staffing and coverage needs are met.
• Oversees front desk to ensure staff follow patient identification protocol, maintain confidentiality, adhere to registration, scheduling process, collect copayments and perform end of night process.
• Provides coverage for front desk when short in clinic or to cover lunches when Medical Assistant is on vacation.
• Monitors and assists when needed tasks and worklist for each division and helps resolve technical and operational issues to ensure goals are achieved.
• Responsible for developing and implementing standardized processes within each division and within our department in conjunction to promote Lean. Included are adding nurses line and adjusting schedules to eliminate bumps and create more productive schedule for the providers.
• Works collaboratively with the Operations Administrator and management within other departments to identify inefficiencies within the Department of Surgery and help streamline and create better processes.
• Participates in the Ambulatory Clinic Operational Team Meetings and the Department of Surgery Lead Meetings and disseminates required information to staff in an efficient manner.
• Conducts office, idea board and clinic meetings with providers, medical assistants and staff to discuss and implement ideas, resolve issues and promote unity amongst 3 divisions.
• Participates in performance improvement initiatives and uses quality improvements in my daily operations.
• Assists in the recruiting, hiring, training and development of staff, both within my office and when requested by the Operations Administrator for other areas within the Department of Surgery.
• Makes recommendations on employee hires, transfers, discipline, terminations and other similar actions within the department.
• Monitors attendance through the Kronos system to ensure compliance with attendance policy.
• Ensures department complies with hospital established policies, quality assurance programs, safety and infection control policies and procedures to remain in compliance with regulatory requirements including:, OSHA
• Responsible for managing expenses. Maintains office supply inventory, monitors and approves clinic supplies ensuing compliance with Budget. Reviews vendor invoices for accuracy and approves for processing.
• Maintains the physical property and equipment of the office including arranging for routine and emergency maintenance with building manager and/or outside vendors when issues arise to ensure office remains functional.
• Responsible for addressing patient complaints and finding positive resolution. When applicable, will collaborate with Risk Management and Patient Services.
• Assists Operations Administrator when requested and performs other duties as needed.
- Medical Office Supervisor at UMass Memorial Medical Group
- Office Manager at Pediatric Dentistry
- Office Manager at CMMIC-MRI
- Regional Manager of Practice Development at Aspen Dental
3 years, 11 months at this Job
- - Medical Assistant
My current role has been Office Supervisor who has been cross-trained in multiple position’s within our Medical practice. Implemented and created a prevention guide for the planning of office policies and procedures in order to troubleshoot many patient/staff/ office issues. Monitored the budget and billing payment while ordering supplies, generated financial and inventory records, ensured compliance of current healthcare regulations and medical laws, and consistent communication with the clinician to identify possible office dysfunction. Due to the highly stressful fast paced environment, Multi tasking and efficiency has been key in the duties I am responsible of which include, but not limited to: prior authorizations, coordination of patient care, patient check in that consisted also of verification of benefits. Collecting co-pays and tracking of money using excel, assisting with initial paper work, keeping clinicians on schedule, and typical office duties which included, but not limited to, patient case histories prior to scheduling initial intake, Verifying insurance coverage and assisting the billing department with processing claims, Patient Vitals, Updating medial records and filing of the patients charts, inventory of office supplies, operating computer software and office equipment, proper scheduling of patients, knowledge of prescriptions the clinicians prescribe, handling patient complaints, distribution of labs to appropriate clinician, and records request. Proficient in our medical software office used to send in prescriptions and communicated with pharmacies to troubleshoot prescription issues and calling to inquire about patients profiles. Responsible for patient flow and organization throughout the office in order to get clinicians their patients in a timely fashion. Handled patients inquiries and complaints and communicated to the rest of the staff any information that was needed to keep proper flow.
- Medical Office Supervisor at Krishna VR Sunkureddi, MD
- Ambassador at Covenant With Christ
- Customer Service Representative at Oakhurst Golf & Country Club
- Administrative Assistant at Keller Williams Realty - The Full House Team
1 year, 6 months at this Job
July 2015 Supervisor: July 2018 * Oversees daily office operations, ensures an effective patient/office flow * Develops guidelines to prioritize work, evaluate effectiveness, and modifies staff responsibilities as needed * Train staff * Ensure authorizations are obtained for visits, surgery and office based procedures * Maintain an effective patient/office flow * Run daily financials and reconciliation of batches
- Medical Office Supervisor at Integrated Medical Professionals
- Front Desk Coordinator at INTEGRATED MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS
- Scheduling & Medical Records Coordinator at INTEGRATED MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS
- Medical Care Representative at PREFERRED HEALTH PARTNERS
3 years at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science - Applied Science
- - Medical Coding & Billing
As a Supervisor my duties would include: Training new staff, educating new procedures and Policies, Ensuring Referrals are completed in a timely manner and to the appropriate specialist including approved authorization from insurance, Follow up on labs, Radiology, and specialist reports. I also am trained as a referral specialist. I manage samples and supplies, maintain an organized and efficient work area, and communicate in a positive manner with clients for appointments and specialist reports.
- PEDIATRIC MEDICAL OFFICE SUPERVISOR at FIRST PEDIATRICS MEDICAL GROUP, INC
- FRONT OFFICE RECEPTIONIST at YOSEMITE PEDIATRICS INC
- BUSINESS OWNER, MANICURIST at JACKIES NAILS
- HEALTH UNIT COORDINATOR, DISPATCHER at VALLEY CHILDREN'S HOSPITAL
5 years, 5 months at this Job
- High School Diploma
- - Medical Terminology
• Everyday operation of 16 Physician/8 Staff Members of Family Medicine Residency Office
• Create and maintain all schedules for physicians, residents and staff members.
• Maintain all Physician Licenses, DEA and Controlled Substance, BLS, ACLS Licenses.
• Responsible for Office Licensing of CLIA (Lab Certificate) and DEQ (Waste Certificate)
• Office Lead with EPIC (Electronic Medical Record)
• Attend all Henry Ford Meetings monthly with special focus on: Supervisor Meetings, Safety, Patient Centered Medical Home, Point of Care/Train the Trainer, Quarterly Leadership Meetings, MCIR, Contractor and Landlord Meetings for Seville Office Suite.
• Perform and enter monthly audits into V-Survey with regards to: Pharmacy Audit, Laboratory Audit, Fire Extinguishers, Hand Hygiene, Patient Identification, Employee Files, Patient Chart Audits and Procedure Audits.
• Proficient in Patient Outreach with focus on BCBSM, BCN and Blues Medicare Advantage.
• Proficient in usage of Data Loggers to record temperatures for storage of Vaccines.
• Maintain all Pharmacy and Supply Orders for the practice.
• Timekeeping----Proficient in KRONOS payroll system.
• Assist Program Director on Resident Projects.
• Schedule all training sessions for physicians and staff.
• Assist with credentialing process for new physicians.
• Maintain a proper flow of all policies and processes per guidelines of Henry Ford Hospital.
• Responsible for Hiring Process for all new employees and maintain all Employee Files.
• Managing Review of all Medical Record Releases.
- Medical Office Supervisor at Henry Ford Macomb Family Medicine Residency-Seville
- Medical Billing Manager at ASSOCIATED ORTHOPEDISTS OF DETROIT
- ORTHOPEDIC SURGEON at JAMES J. FAREMOUTH
13 years, 2 months at this Job
- Some college
• Supervise medical office receptionists and certified medical assistants. Maintain time cards to include sign off, approval, PDO approval and internal floating transfer through Kronos.
• Maintain spreadsheet with employee time off, tardy and call outs to comply with company attendance policy.
• Maintain spreadsheet of license expirations for certified medical assistants as well as MD's in the office to keep licensure current.
• Assist both front and back office operations when needed.
• Provide excellent customer service to all patients, providers and other healthcare facilities both over the phone and in person.
• Schedule, change, cancel patient appointments. Assist front office with prior authorization for both inpatient and outpatient procedures.
• Maintain Epic dashboard, insuring all employees are productive.
• Process and implement process improvement strategies. Provide annual evaluations for employees as well as corrective action when needed.
- Medical Office Supervisor at WVU Hospitals
- Medical Office Coordinator at Monocacy Health Partners
- Part-Time Patient Care Representative at UNI Urgent Care
- Medical Receptionist at Frederick Primary Care Assoc
2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree
- Associates Degree - Medical Front Office Administration