Managed all aspects of running a Medical Practice. Skilled in Quickbooks, Payables, Payroll, Allscripts Billing and EHR. Lead staff meetings. Managed the Building that the office was located in. Managed maintenance and utilities. Reconciled month ending financials as well as for the quarter and year end. Financial Reporting. Managed accounts receivable and collection activity of patient accounts. Interviewed and hired staff. Problem solved all staffing and patient issues. Managed patient satisfaction with their medical services and payment plans if necessary. Medical Practice Manager
- Medical Practice Manager at Grandview Medical Center
- MD at Kun Hyung Kim
23 years, 7 months at this Job
- - Nursing
Provide full operations oversight Oversee and maintain patient demographics, charges, insurance payments, and payments Increased patient satisfaction by 20% Verify insurance eligibility and authorizations prior to office visits Complete credentialing forms for provider's renewal with insurance companies Ensure accurate data collection into the electronic health records and billing system
- Medical Practice Manager at Salud Plus Medical Practice
- Medical Practice Administrator at Ozmed Medical Center
- Assistant Buyer for Puerto Rico Stores at Rainbow Apparel Corporate
- Production and Customer Service at Finesse Novelty Corp
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Business Administration - Marketing Management
- A.S. - Business Administration
Operations Manager for a high volume, multi-specialty medical office. Responsible to oversee the daily administrative and operations functions of this 26 physician, 72 employee facility including 7 day per week urgent care services, laboratory, radiology, ultrasound and cardio stress tests. Prepared, monitored and met annual operational and staffing budgets. Work closely with facility supervisors and operations director to improve patient satisfaction and retention, collaborate with marketing department for growth of facility. Interface with outside referring physician office, to the specialty departments to ensure prompt access and positive reputation within the community. Specialty services include: Cardiology, Pulmonology, Rheumatology, Podiatry, and optometry. Managed weekly provider and staff schedules. Routinely interface with patients to ensure positive patient experience. Collaborated with Facility Medical Director to address Provider Patient Satisfaction Surveys, provider and clinical staff schedules and satisfaction. Schedule staff and monitor daily assignments. Provide support and guidance to staff, attend and lead staff development emphasizing a team approach. Interface with business partners throughout the organization to ensure implementation and compliance with organizational policy and governing agency requirements. Responsible for facility maintenance and improvement. ◦ Successfully met 5 of the 5 Manager's annual performance goals, including business development, fiscal responsibilities, employee retention, operational improvements, and P4P measures, meeting preventative care criteria ◦ Developed and met FY18 annual budget ◦ Reduced staff turn over by 4% in a one year period ◦ Developed and implemented new employee site orientation manual, in collaboration with the Front Office Supervisor. ◦ Project Manager for the implementation for Advanced Access appointment scheduling. ◦ Co-Project Manager for the development and implementation of Clockwise Urgent Care Scheduling, organization wide. ◦ Project Owner for LEAN project; successfully improved urgent care process and decreased patient concerns.
- Medical Practice Manager at MemorialCare Medical Foundation
- Practice Manager at Sabbatical
- Medical Practice Manager at
- Practice Manager at PIH Health
1 year, 6 months at this Job
- AA degree - Nursing
Oversee the day-to-day operations of a busy primary care and specialty practice, part of a regional medical group. Hire, train
and manage clinical and business staff. Coordinate with physicians on their service needs and, when necessary, negotiate on the deployment of resources. Monitor workflow, scheduling, quality metrics, outcomes, revenue and expenses, and patient
experience, refining processes and removing barriers, as needed. Interact with patients and their families on service or cost
issues that have been escalated, working with them on a resolution. Report monthly on financial results, variances, and action plans to meet objectives.
• Meet or exceed financial and other objectives set in cooperation with medical group leadership.
• Ensure the practice upholds the mission, vision, and core values of the Saint Alphonsus Health System.
- Medical Practice Manager at Saint Alphonsus Medical Group/Dr. Jorge Martinez, MD
- Patient Relations Ambassador at Saint Alphonsus Regional Medical Center
- Chaplain at St. Luke's Medical Center & Heart and Home Hospice
- Owner/ Manager at Independent Financial Services, Inc./Centerpiece Financial
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Biology / Psychology
- Master of Business Administration - Business Administration
•Maintained an efficient and professional work atmosphere. Managed employee selection, training, evaluation, payroll, scheduling and established policies and procedures for administrative staff.
• Obtained revenue by recording and updating financial information; recorded and collected patient charges; controlling credit extended to patients; filing, collecting, and expediting third-party claims
•Coordinated multiple office functions that focus on computerized scheduling, billing, patient records, data management and payment plans with demonstrated knowledge of insurance carriers.
•Directed the cross-training of personnel to effectively utilize employees as well as to build skill levels
•Coached, recruited, hired, terminated, and disciplined personnel
•Credentialed new resident physicians and existing physicians with all health plans and hospitals. Tracked and maintained all records. Oriented new physicians to the practice.
• Supervise medical assistants, secretaries and front desk personnel
• Maintain medical records and perform filing duties
• Order medical and office supplies as they run low
•Checked patients in and out, prepared files, answered phones and scheduled appointments.
•Verified insurance coverage, called in prescriptions, and acted as personal secretary for doctor.
- Medical Practice Manager at Universal Family Medicine
- ParaTransit Driver at MV Transportation
7 years, 2 months at this Job
- Diploma - Medical Office Adminstration
Responsible for managing the daily operations in this surgical practice. Knowledgeable of front and back duties. Ensured HIPPA compliance was maintained with high documentation standards for all medical records in the practice. Completed physician applications for initial appointment for staff membership and completed reappointment applications for hospitals and ancillary facilities to maintain current staff membership. Filed online State Disability Insurance certification per physician's of patient's disability. Assisted in maintaining compliance with all regulatory agencies and made recommendations for improvements for the practice. Serves as a liaison between the hospital, health plans and insurance companies to keep the practice abreast of currents trends. Represents the practice in its relationship with health organizations to keep the lines of communication open and ensure high referrals of new patients to the practice. Responsible for surgery scheduling and maintaining block time for maximum use. Alan Parker, M.D., Inc. Tustin, CA Managed a staff of (4) employees in this General Surgery practice. Responsible for the management of all clinic activities. Responsible for all hiring and firing of personnel. Performed all the accounting duties, including payroll. Performed employee annual reviews and presented merit wage increases to physician. Managed all billing and collections processes. Maintained documentation of all medical records to ensure compliance per state guidelines. Applied and completed all Medical Staff applications for membership as a "Preferred Provider". Medical Staff Services Experience 12 years of hospital based work experience "Medical Staff Services" Working knowledge of the credentialing process, appointments, reappointment, privileges, and proctoring. Extensive experience in agenda preparation, recording of minutes, establishing chart review criteria and following through with recommendations made at monthly committee and department evenings Knowledge of JCAHO Standards and Title 22 guidelines. Medical Staff Coordinator Orange County Heart Institute & Research Center, Orange, CA Provided medical administrative support to 10 Cardiologists in a successful private practice. Hired and supervised temporary staff for a wide variety of statistical reporting projects used to aid the CFO in negotiations contracts with insurance companies. Maintained a current log on each physician credentials, licensure, dues, appointments and reappointment applications for medical staff privileges for 15 area hospitals. Prepared monthly agenda, compiled data from practice for monthly review by the Executive Management Team. Credentialing Specialist Western Medical Center Hospital /Santa Ana Responsible for credentialing all applicants using primary source verification and processing reappointment application for staff membership for presentation to the Credentials Committee. Prepared agenda, recorded minutes, completed recommendations made by the Credentials Committee for review and approval for staff membership. Medical Staff Coordinator (MSC) Healthcare Medical Center of Tustin Responsible for recording monthly department and committee meeting assigned. Prepared agenda, recorded minutes and completed follow-up as recommended. all physicians proctoring and upgrading of privileges. Responsible for all credentialing all new applicants and reappointments for current medical staff members. Performed annual review of the JCAHO Standards for each hospital department where current standard have been changed or new ones added. Responsible for updating, monitoring or providing additional documentation via minutes showing compliance of the requirements for JCAHO accreditation. Successfully completed (2) JCAHO Accreditations.
- Medical Practice Manager at Theodore Coutsoftides, M.D., Inc
7 years, 5 months at this Job
- - Business Administration
- High school - Business Law
Collaborated with Board of Directors in strategic planning for practice growth, operation s and budget Analyzed operating costs and identified cost saving measures. Maintained Human Resources by overseeing payroll, enforcing employee policies, non-medical staff supervision, conducting performance appraisals and administering benefits. Managed a staff of 81 employees. Supervise insurance claims to ensure that CPT and ICD-9 coding maximize reimbursement. Ensured efficiencies by implementing operational procedures, systems and best practices. Responsible for medical billing and electronic systems database management. Managed Medicare and other regulatory compliance. Maintained inventory of supplies and negotiated favorable pricing with vendors.
- Medical Practice Manager at Memory Training Centers of America
- Medical Billing Manager at The Gelb Center New York
- Medical Billing Manager at Clinic Logic Corp
- Medical Billing Manager at Advanced Gastroenterology Associates
7 years at this Job
Private practice medical office Management * Promoted from Administrative Coordinator after only a few months * Solely manage finances for business and doctor * Managing all support staff and resolving any issues with conflict and/or attendance * Make financial decisions regarding the practice and staff, and pay all bills for business * Weekly Payroll and distribution of payroll liabilities for local, state, and federal taxes * Creating monthly work schedules for employees and managing vacation time/attendance * Complete all coding and billing for medical charges * Reconcile patient accounts and distribute invoices as needed
- Medical Practice Manager at R. Kevin Rogers, M.D
- Administrative Coordinator at R. Kevin Rogers, M.D
- Staffing Specialist at Malone Staffing Solutions
- Agent Team Member at State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Company
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science in Health and Human - Exercise Science
Strategic Planning and Marketing * Identify new revenue streams * Develop in-house ancillary services and programs * Consistently meet business development long-term goals Financial Management * Responsible for bookkeeping. accounting, billing, collections, budgeting and financial analysis Practice Operations * Ongoing review and evaluation of operational issues * Identify, develop and implement measures to improve performance and increase efficiency in the practice including policy, budget and other practice related issues * Ensure satisfaction of patients, parents, physicians and staff. Resolve issues in a timely and collaborative manner Information Systems Management * Electronic Medical Records software, data management, database implementation and customization Human Resources * Recruit medical providers and clinic staff, negotiate contract terms * Develop training programs for staff and medical providers * Handle human resources issues ranging from difficult employees to mentoring employees to reach their maximum potential Risk Management * Monitor corporate liability protection, physician malpractice, credentialing, OSHA compliance, patient safety, and HIPAA compliance
- Medical Practice Manager at GIRLS TO WOMEN/YOUNG MEN'S HEALTH AND WELLNESS
- Early Childhood Education Center Office Administrator at TEMPLE EMANU-EL
- Medical Practice Startup Manager at
- Early Childhood Education Teacher at
9 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Information Systems Management - Information Systems Management
• Oversaw daily business operations of a four-physician clinic specializing in Family Medicine, Dermatology, Internal Medicine, Physical Therapy and Workers Compensation with two sites and 20 staff members, including clinical professionals, patient-billing assistants, and clerical workers.
• Managed recruiting, onboarding, training, and development of office staff, as well as performance management and terminations.
• Initiated cross-training to increase and more effectively utilize skill sets of staff associates.
• Administered patient billing/collections and accounts-payable functions, updated office to ICD-10. Direct revenue-cycle management processes.
• Created effective staff job descriptions, which synchronized processes and procedures, thereby streamlining workflow.
• Coordinated traditional, web-based, and social-media marketing campaigns utilizing direct mail, Google, Yelp, MPN, DocZoc, Twitter, Facebook, PPO contract data, and credentialing lists.
• Augmented clinic revenues by implementing enhanced front-desk payment processes.
• Developed marketing tools that garnered attention from sought-after referring physicians.
- Medical Practice Manager at CITIZENS MEDICAL GROUP
- Office Manager at ARMAND NEWMAN, M.D., & SAMUEL NEWMAN, M.D
29 years at this Job
- Associate in Arts degree - Business Administration