2200 SW Gage Blvd Topeka, KS 66622 US 08/2004 - 12/2006 Salary: 1,200.00 USD Per Month Hours per week: 20
Medical Records Assistant
• Maintains patient files and retrieves files for scheduled appointments; files study patient charts
• File all patient data upon receipt of information; initiates records for new patients and creates computer index; prepare file labels; maintain filing statistics; audit filing sequence.
• Respond to requests for medical records; process letters and reports; answer and direct telephone calls.
• Retrieve patient schedules from computer system; distribute lab reports to physicians, and materials to other departments
• Request information from various departments; respond to correspondence requests.
• Create photocopy records and documents for billing and/or legal services; send and receive information via facsimile machine.
• Keep supervisor informed of problems or issues; monitors supplies needed; performs other duties as assigned. Knowledge of modern office equipment Interpersonal/human relations skills; Organizational skills, telephone, etiquette skills; Ability to maintain records and files; Ability to operate personal computer; Ability to maintain confidentiality; Ability to exert physical effort maintaining and distributing files
- Medical Records Assistant at VA Medical Center
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- - International Business
My position as a Medical Records Assistant was very fast pace. Being responsible for all patient charts during admission and discharge was challenging, but I never grew tired of my job. I learned to pay attention to detail, meet deadlines, prioritize my work, and acquire time management skills.
- Medical Records Assistant at Anberry Transitional Care
- Medical Records Assistant at Anberry Nursing & Rehab
- Customer Service Representative at AT&T Call Center
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school
Process patient medical records by following specific detailed procedures of chart assembly at Rehablitation and Skilled Nursing Facilities. Organizes and manages documents. Operates faxes, telephones, copiers and computers. Positive interactions with physicians, staff, patients and family members.
- Medical Records Assistant at Medical Records Management, Inc
- Seafood Deapartment Assistant at Winn Dixie
- Customer Service Assistant at FYE
13 years, 2 months at this Job
- - General Education
- High School Diploma
As a medical records assistant I have the responsibility for managing the medical records of the facility, including preparing, storing, and retrieving patient health records. Also, ensuring the medical records are assembled in standard order and are accurate and complete. Performs other clerical tasks as needed, such as answering phones, faxing, PDF, excel, and word document efficient, etc.
- Medical Records Assistant at Bergquist Law Firm
- Sales Associate at Barcelona Sporting Goods
- Teacher Assistant at Kiddie Academy of Grand Harbor
- Caregiver at Care.com
7 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice
Norwell, MA 2016-2017 PT, 2017-2018 per diem EMR Support
• Managed and solely responsible for all test results faxed to medical center between 5pm-9pm M-Th.
• Responsible for sorting through all test results - by specific test, location, and date.
• Responsible for uploading and attaching test results into a patient's electronic medical record chart (Epic systems).
• Responsible for comparing and verifying each fax thoroughly for patient's name, DOB, test, date of test and location.
• Responsible for notifying the patient's PCP and/or specialty doctor about the test results.
• Required the ability to understand and memorize specific and individual codes for different tests.
• Assisted team in finishing backlog of tests sent during the day.
• Had 0% error rate, when quality checks conducted. SOUTH SHORE MEDICAL CENTER - Norwell, MA Summer 2013 project Medical Records Assistant
• Responsible for labeling physical hardcopy medical records with individual barcodes.
• Entered the barcodes, name of patient and DOB into the computer system.
• Integral in successful transfer of physical medical records into the new electronic medical record system
• Sorted and filed patient's physical medical records into appropriate location for storage.
• Worked well with other members of the medical records team to make the transition to electronic medical records smoothly and without error.
- Medical Records Assistant at SOUTH SHORE MEDICAL CENTER
1 year at this Job
I started out at Redstone Highlands as a Medical Records Assistant and then transitioned into the Home Care Scheduler. I have been with Redstone Highlands for about a year and have grown within the Health Care Community. Through this position I have gained the experience and information needed to obtain my Personal Care Home Administrator License.
- Medical Records Assistant/ Scheduler at Redstone Highlands
- Server/Bartender at Latrobe Country Club
- Cashier at Lowe's Home Improvement
- Food Preparer/Cashier/ Shift Leader at Subway
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- 3 years - Communication Science Disorders
Help sort patient medical records and take duplicated records and create one patient file.
- Medical records assistant at UCI Medical Center
- Medical Records Assistant at
3 months at this Job
- - Medical assistant
- Some college
Position responsible for retrieval, filing, compiling, verifying and completion process of the medical record.
Must demonstrate knowledge of the principles of Health Information Management as it relates to the electronic and hybrid medical record.
• Medical record scanning and prepping and indexing charts. esponsible for reviewing the quality of scanned patient medical records and loose documents in the medical record imaging system to ensure the highest level of quality possible. Other duties include indexing all medical record documents to the appropriate patient folder and ensuring that each document is correctly assigned the appropriate document name. Ability to maintain high productivity and quality on a focused process.
• Adheres to all Memorial Hermann policies, procedures, and standards, within budgetary specifications, including time management, supply management, productivity, and accuracy of practice.
- MEDICAL RECORDS ASSISTANT II at MEMORIAL HERMANN MEDICAL SYSTEM
- DATA INIATIVE RECORDS TECHNICIAN at CANON BUSINESS PROCESSING SERVICES
- HEALTH INFORMATION MANAGEMENT TECH II at BAPTIST HEALTH MEDICAL CENTER
- DOCUMENT IMAGING CLERK at PERFECT VISION
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Fine Arts
- High School Diploma
• Audit medical records for admission and discharge.
• Prepare daily resident census.
• File medical records into resident charts.
• Put together admission charts.
• Answer incoming phone calls at reception desk, and transfer to departments.
• Balancing cash drawers at end of day.
- Medical Records Assistant/ Receptionist at Friendship Village Retirement Community
- Resident Monitor at Volunteers of America
- Medical Assistant at Alto Healthcare Staffing
- basic housekeeping at Toward Independence
9 months at this Job
- - Chemical Dependency Counseling Program
- Bachelor of Science - Health and Human Services
- Associate of Applied Science - Medical Assisting
• Maintain medical records
• Filing medical records
• Assist with audits to ensure patients charts, paperwork and reports are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
• Make sure records are protected and kept confidential.
• Supply departments with appropriate documents and forms.
• Complete clerical duties including answering phones, faxing, copying, filing and computer use (electronic medical records), processing patient admission and discharge records.
- Medical Records Assistant/Receptionist at Citrus Nursing Center
- Restorative Nursing Assistant at ADLs
- at Villa Mesa Care Center
- Superintendent at San Bernardino Superintendent of Schools
5 years, 4 months at this Job
- High School Diploma