PBX Operator-Handle and direct incoming calls,route calls to the correct individual or department within the hospital. Direct visitors to patient rooms or appropriate department. Medical Records Assistant-Retrieve existing and discharged medical records by gathering appropriate record folders, verifying patient information, ensure medical records are assembled in standard order and are accurate and complete. File paperwork and reports in patient charts, ensuring they are completed in an accurate and timely manner.
- PBX Operator, Medical Records Assistant at MID-JEFFERSON EXTENDED CARE HOSPITAL
- Cashier at JC Penney
- Medical Clerk at Gulf Cost Health
- Pharmacy Techician at CVS Pharmacy Inc
5 months at this Job
- - Pharmacy Technology
- vocational - Academic Studies
- vocational - Pharmacy Tech
- High school - General
Scanner/upload patient requested information into the medical records computer system for the coders, type and prepare medical records request of file information from clinics, doctors offices, hospitals, and other medical facilities, and organize by facilities to prepare to be filed. Make follow-up calls for requested information, update excel spreadsheet, print electronic fax records returns to be put in patients file. Adobe Acrobat or Nuance software, Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, EMR, and Cerner portal database.
- Admin. Medical Records Assistant at The Addison Group/US Anesthesia Partners
- Medical Records/Clinical Abstractor at GuideIT LLC
- Environmental Technician at Baylor Scott & White Medical Center White Rock Lake
- Customer Service at Kelly Services
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- diploma - Medical Assistant
- diploma - Computerized Business Systems
• Prepared new patient charts.
• Ensured medical records are assembled
• Filed paperwork and reports in patient charts.
• Ensured files were stored in the designated area.
- Medical Records Assistant at Village Health Care
- Sales Associate at Wet Seal
8 months at this Job
- Associate - Secondary Education
Currently processing and auditing records from emergency room in and out patient. Plus reviewing and maintenance of charts before scanning into the EPIC computer system.
- Medical Records Assistant at Renown Medical Center
- HIM Associate at Renown Regional Medical Center
- Medical Records Clerk Externship at Sierra Mountain Health
- Customer Service & Record Retrieval at ArrohealthiZiox
6 months at this Job
- Associate - Health Information Management
- Associate - Business Management
* Managed medical records and documents, inputted information into internal database, retrieved and relayed information to practitioners. * Coordinated with practitioners and medical providers to ensure document availability. * Interpreted coded medical data, transferred files digitally, reviewed and completed insufficient medical records. * Maintained medical documents, reconciled contradictions or mistakes in records * Ensured availability of records by filing documents into patient charts with visible color-coded system.
- Medical Records Assistant at Carmel Hills Care Center
- Receptionist at Carmel Hills Care Center
- Sales Associate at Aeropostale
9 months at this Job
- Associates Degree
- High School Diploma
Hauppauge, NY 11788
Duties include: Caring for children ages 3-10
Stony Brook Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical Records Assistant
December 2013-February 2014
3 Technology Drive, Suite 300, East Setauket NY 11733
Duties include: Filing Medical Records and confirming patient appointments
SKILLS AND PERSONALITY TRAITS
• Good communication skills
• Good writing skills
• Good with time management/multi-tasking
- Stony Brook Gastroenterology and Hepatology, Medical Records Assistant at Terry Road
- Sales Associate at Payless ShoeSource
- Cashier and assisting customers at 62 East Main Street
2 months at this Job
- - Nursing
Full Time) Responsible for all pulling and filing of medical records charts. Responsible for the purging of old records leading to electronic medical records. Scan all labs to patient's charts as they come from the state. Manage all incoming and outgoing faxes. Assist nursing staff as well as patients with information pertaining to records. Immunizations are keyed into the NC Immunization Registry. Assist with incoming and outgoing mail for county and courier service. Assist Deputy Registrar with Registering death and birth certificates. Assist the front desk staff with scheduling and/or rescheduling appointments, answering a multi-line phone system, checking clients in for different clinics, finance and/or eligibility on clients and helping clients with any questions or concerns. Help build our new EMR system from the back end. Train new hires also train employees on new EMR system. Conduct myself and perform my duties in an acceptable manner displaying excellent customer care and service to all clients.
- Medical Records Assistant IV at Lee County Public Health
- Certified Nursing Assistant I at Shipman Family Care
15 years, 6 months at this Job
- Associate - Medical Office Administration
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- High School Diploma
I answered a multi-line phone/paging system, provided Customer Service at the Information Window assisting residents, family members, purveyors, guests with information,direction,Guest Trays,received their payments. I assembled Medical Records in Chronological order checking for accuracy and signatures on paper and EHR. I prepared and faxed Medical Records as requested. I kept an updated directory of residents in Access at first, then Point Click Care Clinical Software. I updated resident,family information in Donor Perfect. Sorted mail, worked on mailings and support for Office Manager. Directed front desk volunteers in their duties.
- Medical Records Assistant at Resthaven Care Center
27 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school - Business Office machines, typing
• Admitting patients
• entering orders
• ICD10 coding
• updating census info
• updating patient records
• microsoft word, excel, outlook
• registering POLST forms
• completing record requests
• checking records for accuracy
• faxing orders to providers for signature
• requesting visit notes from outside providers for complete records
• scanning and uploading documents to medical records
- Medical Records Assistant/HIM at South Hills Rehabilitation Center
- Certified Nursing Assistant at South Hills Rehabilitaiton Center
- Certified Nursing Assistant at Windsor Chico Care Center
- Certified Nursing Assistant at Parkinson's Specialty Care
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- Medication Administration Course - Medication Administration
- Certified Nursing Assistant - CNA
• Provide front office support duties including, but not limited to, registering patients, obtaining referrals and pre-certifications, collecting co-pays, scheduling appointments, and answering phones.
• Ensure that patients are admitted in a timely fashion and verify that all information about them is accurate.
• Provide patients with knowledge of hospital policies, procedures, and guidelines.
• Coordinate patient medical records.
• Call patients for appointment reminders or rescheduling needs.
• Maintain confidentiality of patient medical records in accordance with HIPPA regulations.
• Other clerical and administrative duties as assigned.
- Registrar/Medical Records Assistant at Bon Secours Baltimore Health Systems
- Retrieval File Clerk at Rojas Enterprises, Inc
- Medical Records Assistant at Medstar Union Memorial Hospital
15 years, 2 months at this Job
- High School Diploma - Softmed and SMS Training