- Medical Records Specialist * Assist in improving aged receivables * Chart reviews * Chart audits * Review Medical records request * Print, Mail and Fax medical records to insurance companies per their request. * Ensure proper documentation is being sent on behalf of treatment and lab provider
- Medical Records Specialist at MD Solutions Group
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant/Medical Scheduler at Treatment Management LLC
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant/Front Desk at National Pain Institute
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant at Institute of Colorectal Health & Wellness
2 months at this Job
Medical Records Specialist - decyphering medical records, finding NPI numbers for facilities and providers, determining if providers are allowed to bill for services, data entry, making sure dates billed are dates patient was seen, reading physician handwriting, attention to detail
- Medical Records Specialist at The CSI Companies - United Healthcare / Optum
- Financial Coach at Primerica
- Travel Agent at Connexions Loyalty
- Billing Specialist at Mobility Plus LLC
9 months at this Job
- - Human Resources Managment
- - Finance
- High School Diploma
Tammy Spivey Leland, NC [email protected] 910-386-8233 Work Experience Medical Records Specialist Wilmington Health Associates - Wilmington, NC October 2017 to Present Billing Specialist Wilmington Medical Supply - Wilmington, NC June 2016 to June 2017 Receptionist/Administrative Assistant Wilmington Surgical Associates - Wilmington, NC April 2016 to June 2016 Referral Coordinator KidzCare Pediatrics, PC - Wilmington, NC September 2015 to April 2016 3rd Shift Lead NHRMC - Wilmington, NC April 2010 to September 2015 Permit/Lien Collector Construction Week Magazine October 2010 to December 2012 Cashier CardSmart April 2011 to August 2011 Teller/Customer Service Rep RBC Centura Bank October 2006 to March 2007 Chiropractic Assistant Dr. Glen Weckel November 2002 to June 2003 Cashier/Data Entry/Outpatient Registrar NHRMC May 1996 to May 1999 Teller/Customer Service Rep First Union National Bank March 1994 to March 1996 Teller/Customer Service Rep Southern National Bank February 1989 to January 1994 Education Cape Fear Community College January 1989 John T Hoggard High School June 1988 Skills References Monice Blose 910-547-5687 NHRMC Heather Burkett 910-599-1970 Kidzcare Amy Decker 910-617-9462 WMS Maggie Bellamy 919-620-5368 Stacy Kelly 910-612-1532
- Medical Records Specialist at Wilmington Health Associates
- Billing Specialist at Wilmington Medical Supply
- Receptionist/Administrative Assistant at Wilmington Surgical Associates
- Referral Coordinator at KidzCare Pediatrics, PC
1 year, 5 months at this Job
Medical records and coding specialist for high-volume medical clinic
specializing in patients with nerve and spine damage from accidents.
• Ensure timely production of medical records data §
• Liaise with patients' personal injury attorneys in connection with document requests while ensuring HIPAA compliance.
- Medical Records Specialist at PATH MEDICAL
- Freelance Translation Work at Hanite Karuby
- Medical Office Coordinator/ Medical Coding Specialist at BORO PARK MEDICAL
- Coordinator, Office of Institutional Compliance at TOURO COLLEGE
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- - Business Management and Administration
Medical Records Specialist
- Medical Records Specialist at AOS Surgery Center
- Administrative Specialist at Encompass Home Health & Hospice
- Medical Records Specialist at Augusta Oncology
- Front Desk Receptionist at Powell Orthodontics
9 months at this Job
- - Medical Terminology
- CPT - CM Medical Encoding Certificate
I currently work for Texas Digestive Disease Consultants, previously San Marcos Gastroenterology as a medical records specialist. My duties involve me scanning and inputting patients medical records into the company’s data system, shredding paperwork, running mail, mailing lab reports and results to patients, taking messages/phone calls and helping assist front desk staff when needed.
- Medical Records Specialist at Texas Digestive Disease Consultants
- Summer Day Camp Counselor at YMCA- Greater Houston
- Camp Counselor-Science Teacher at Be A Champion INC
- Youth Volunteer at HISD
1 year at this Job
- - Family Child Development (major) Healthcare Administration (minor)
Responsible for organizing, coordinating, maintaining and releasing of medical information to insurance companies, lawyers in compliance with Health Insurance Portability & Accountability Act (HIPAA) requirements:
• Recording information and keeping file folders electronic databases up-to-date
• Checking for data accuracy
• Providing patients' medical records timely and accurately
• Printing films of patients diagnostic MRI's and CAT Scans for surgery
• Loading outside studies from discs onto an electronic system for doctors.
• Training new employees in all the tasks required of a Medical Records Specialist
- Medical Records Specialist at Prohealth Care Radiology
- Paraprofessional at NYC Department of Education
- Engage life Instructor at Atria Senior Living Facility
- Debt Collector at TRITIUM Card Services
1 year at this Job
- BA - Psychology
- AS - Liberal Arts
Medical Records Specialist/Intake Coordinator
● Collaborate with insurance companies and law offices to expedite medical records processing.
● Invoice insurance companies, lawyers, and disability offices.
● Successfully work with several microsoft offices to complete payment batching and schedules.
● Keep constant communication with medical record requests via email, fax and mail.
● Figuring deductibles from previous payments and assisting patients in finding their exact co payment amount.
- Medical Records Specialist/Intake Coordinator at Grayson and Associates Mental Health
- Service Clerk/Pharmacy Technician at Walgreen's
- Cashier/Backline Coordinator at Jack's Family Restaurant
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- Certification - Certifications and Training
- High School Diploma
• Analyze/inspect veterans' medical records, bookmark claims documents, and build cases to get medical benefits.
• Research and document common and uncommon medical conditions while ensuring compliance with HIPAA.
- Medical Records Specialist at MEDICAL BOOK MARKER
- DATA ENTRY OPERATOR at TransCore
- OFFICE COORDINATOR, Graduate College of Social Work at University of Houston
- PHARMACY INTERNSHIP/VOLUNTEER at University of Houston
10 months at this Job
- Master's - Business Analyst
Gather documents and information from electronic health record and ensure that files are stored in the designated
tabs/folders according to storage procedures.
• Safeguard patient records and ensuring compliance with HIPAA standards.
• Responded to requests for patient records, both within the facility and by external sources such as law offices, court subpoenas and medical specialists. Retrieved and transmitted medical records along with attached fee sheets to later input financial charge on eClinicalWorks.
• Served as liaison between the multiple state wide Sanitas clinical sites covering South Florida all the way to Tampa.
• Part of the pilot project team that was assigned to various projects for months at a time. Oversaw and recorded efficiency of the team's production rate on the trial assignments via excel spreadsheets, also preparing data/presentations for bi- weekly meetings with department coordinator and risk/compliance director to discuss whether to implement the new project or continue perfecting the pilot project through trial and error.
- Medical Records Specialist at SANITAS MEDICAL CORPORATE OFFICE
- Home Health Aide (HHA) at SYNERGY HOMECARE
- Medical Front Desk Receptionist at LA CLINIQUE SOLEIL HOLLYWOOD MEDICAL CLINIC
- Customer Service Representative at CLINICAL CARE MEDICAL CENTER
11 months at this Job
- BACHELORS - BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
- ASSOCIATE IN ARTS degree
- HIGH SCHOOL DIPLOMA