Spartanburg, SC April 2010-October 29, 2018
Position: Birth Certificate Technician and Notary for Medical Records
• Completed electronic birth certificates and Paternity Acknowledge Affidavits (form that adds father to birth certificate when parents are not married). Notarized these documents.
• Completed and entered fetal death reports in WebBirth (State System) and mailed to state office in Columbia.
• Entered newborn information in WebBirth (state system) to generate birth certificate.
• This position required a good sense of judgement and display responsibility with little to no supervision.
• This position required assisting parents with knowledge and legal information. Questions and issues can escalate during completion of the birth certificate application process.
• I trained all new employees for this position. Developed a step by step training program.
• Helped this department receive its first yearly award for achieving high percent completion of Paternity Acknowledgements for the hospital. Position: Medical Records Technician
• Responsible for retrieval, tracking, storage, completion, and maintenance of medical records.
• Responsible for prepping, scanning, indexing, charting reports and monitoring for quality assurance.
• Required effective and efficient communication with peers, managers, administrative staff, healthcare providers, physicians, nurse management, vendors, patients, and customers.
• Prepared records in response to requests for release of information.
• Demonstrated compliance with department policies and procedures regarding HIPPA, Code of Conduct, State Policies and Procedures and patient confidentiality.
• Fast-paced environment, had to adjust schedule fluctuation with work load Position: Certified Health Unit Medical Secretary-6 Tower
• Responsible for patient related clerical duties, unit clerical duties, computerized physician order entry procedures.
• Knowledgeable of hospital's policies and procedures, medical terminology, and the specific services of hospital departments.
• Assisted Nurse Manager and Charge Nurse.
- Medical Records Technician at Spartanburg Medical Center
- Library Clerk at Spartanburg County Library
- Sr. Agent at Randstad USA
- Account/Staffing Manager at Randstad In-house Services
8 years, 6 months at this Job
- Certificate in
- - Business Administration
EVANS Army Community Hospital (EACH) Outpatient Medical Records
Fort Carson Co 80913
Medical Records Technician
09/17/15 - present
40 Hours per week
Delores (Dee) Huffman (719) 526-7293
• Review outpatient medical records for accuracy and compliance with local and Federal regulations.
• Identify and report deficiencies and inconsistencies in the medical record to the supervisor.
• Process requests for medical records for the Integrated Disability Evaluation System (IDES) to include scanning of Soldier's paper records and assembling documents from the Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), Health Artifact and Image Management Solution (HAIMS) and Medical Protection System (MEDPROS).
• Transfer requested medical information to the Department of Veterans Affair via the Safe Access File Exchange (SAFE).
• Scan and upload medical documents to the patient's electronic health record through HAIMS.
• Move, maintain and transfer IDES health records as required utilizing the Composite Health Care System (CHCS) Medical Records Management (MRM) Function.
• Obtain necessary information from new patients for creation of health records and file contents.
- Medical Records Technician at Medical Command
- Materials Examiner and Identifier Supervisor at Defense Logistics Agency
- Property Disposal Specialist at Defense Logistics Agency
- Military Intelligence Company (MICO) First Sergeant at Department of the Army, 3rd Heavy Brigade Combat Team
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Associates in Applied Science in Health Information Management - Health Information Management
- Bachelor of Science in Healthcare Management - Healthcare Management
Hours per week: 48 ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Supervisor: Eric Christensen,9 (743)-129-1911 SCOPE OF ACCOUNTABILITY: The Medical Records Technician organizes and evaluates patient medical records, and reviews medical records for accuracy and completeness. Responsible for sorting, filing, maintaining, and retrieving medical records to include x-ray reports, labs, and consultations. Consults appropriate medical staff members to rectify apparent inconsistencies, deficiencies and discrepancies in charting and coding. Determine proper coding of diseases, injuries, manifestations, operations and non-surgical procedures in accordance with the International Classification of Disease, Adapted (ICDA). Perform qualitative analysis of records involving a wide range of injuries, diseases and medical/surgical procedures to insure accuracy, internal inconsistency and correlation of recorded data. Answers telephonic inquiries and contacts other facilities to provide guidance or requested assistance. KNOWLEDGE AND AREAS OF EXPERTISE: Provided advanced knowledge of human resource functions and organizational processes and procedures, recognized as the resource subject matter expert by Soldiers, coworkers and supervisors. ADMINISTRATIVE MANAGEMENT: Managed administrative tasks to include general clerical work, and preparation of routine and standardized letters, memos, and correspondence; requisition and maintain office supplies, blank forms, and publications. Typed military and non-military correspondence in draft and final copy and prepared and maintained functional files. Prepared and processed recommendations for awards and decorations and arranged for awards ceremonies. Updated and coordinated requests for evaluations, to include responding to evaluation inquiries.
- Medical Records Technician at THE GEORGE WASHINGTON MEDICAL FACULTY ASSOCIATES (MFA)
- Senior Team Leader/ Consumables Manager at TARGET CORPORATION
- Tutor/Instructor/Facilitator at THE LOGISTICS COMPANY, McGregor Range, New Mexico
- SRRC Clerk, Soldier Resilience Readiness Center (SRRC) at GEMINI TECH
6 months at this Job
- Associate - Health Information Technology
- Bachelor of Arts - Public Administration
- Associate's Degree - General Studies
14 April - present
Sterling Medical | 5th Medical Group
194 Missile Ave, MAFB, ND
• Maintains historical reference by abstracting and coding clinical data, such as diseases, operations, procedures, and therapies, using standard classification systems; filing documents.
• Prepares statistical reports by collecting and summarizing medical care and census information, such as types of diseases treated, surgery performed, and use of hospital beds.
• Provides medical record information by answering questions and requests of patients, hospital staff, law firms, insurance companies, and government agencies.
• Maintains patient confidence and protects hospital operations by keeping information confidential; following release-of-information protocols.
• Maintains the stability and reputation of the hospital by complying with legal requirements. Skills Medical Records Technician Skills and Qualifications: Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Quality Focus, Professionalism, Productivity, Documentation Skills, Written Communication, Data Entry Management, Equipment Maintenance, Supply Management
- Medical Records Technician at Sterling Medical 5th Medical Group
- CNA/CMA Tech at The View
- Sales Representative /Blue at cross blue shield
- Admitting Representative at Trinity Health
4 years, 9 months at this Job
- Certificate - Medical Technician
9645 Scranton Rd, Ste 140 San Diego, California 92121 (858) 567-1336 Supervisor: Jonalynn West Title: Medical Records Technician-Coder Full Time: 40 hours per week Work Duties: ICD10/CPT/HCPC coding, Abstracting Information from the Medical Record, Surgery Coding, E/M Primary Care Coding, Radiology Coding, Emergency Department Coding, Injections/Infusion Coding, DME, Mental Health Coding, Home Based Care Coding, Telehealth Coding
- Medical Records Technician-Coder at Veteran Affairs Healthcare System
- Surgery Coder at North County Women's Specialists
- Billing Office Manager at Imperial Heights Healthcare and Wellness
- Billing Supervisor, Coding Specialist at Cardiology Office Coding
4 months at this Job
- Associate of Science degree
As a Medical Records Technician I supervise eleven employees to include a data analyst, information technology, education and trainers, NSIPS tracking tool manger and 9 medical records technician. I am responsible for reviewing patient records for timeliness, completeness, accuracy, and appropriateness of data. Supports data analysts for Service Treatment Record (STR) tracking tool and electronically record data for collection, storage, analysis, retrieval, and reporting. Ensure the proper protection of patients' health information for confidentiality, authorized access for treatment, and data security. Provide input in order to update website for FAQs and content and independently research and report on special projects. Provide first-hand knowledge of policies and process that would benefit the veteran. Quality check medical records before they are released to reduce HIPAA violations. Received and processes incoming boxes of STRs daily. Work directly with the Veteran Affairs Office to ensure records are being searched for to ensure the compensation and pension claim are adjudicated in a timely manner. Provide a detailed daily report of all work performed, information received, and tasks completed. Articulate the STR process in writing, over the phone, and in person with internal and external customers.
- Medical Records Technician at KSH Solutions, Inc
- General Duty Corpsman at United States Navy
- Instructor at United States Navy
- Master Training Specialist Legacy at
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Associates of Applied Science in Applied Technology - Applied Technology
1201 Broad Rock Blvd Richmond, VA 23249 United States 05/2013 - Present ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hours per week: 40 Supervisory, Medical Records Technician Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Responsible for the daily operations for Release of Information, File Room, and Physicians Work Room section of the Health Information Management Service. Provide direct supervision, and full administrative technical responsibility, including scheduling and planning the sequence of work and operations to assure an even distribution of work flow, and handling priorities to insure the work is at an appropriate quality and productivity level. Make changes in assignment to increase productivity and promote job satisfaction. Independently initiates monitors to measure proficiency and determine strengths or weaknesses. Develops training plans for staff based on findings of monitors. Review processes and recommend improvements or changes as necessary; assists in writing medical records system policies and procedures that reflect new or revised approaches to management of health information ensuring that regulatory requirements are met. Ensures patient records are established, accurately maintained, completed and available to health care personnel for patient care and other authorized uses. Provide advice, assistance and guidance to questions or problems posed by Service Line Leaders and other System staff concerning policy and determinations such as requirements of the computerized medical record, documentation requirements, privacy and confidentiality of information. Independently conduct quality assurance studies of electronic medical record processing. Research questions regarding agency policy, assembly data and Congressional correspondence in direct and timely manner. As a technical expert in health information related matters, provides advice and guidance on a medical records program(s) in relation to such issues as documentation requirements, liability issues, advance directives, informed consent, patient privacy and confidentiality, state reporting, etc. Support and encourage the growth and development of staff members.
- Supervisory, Medical Records Technician at Hunter Holmes Mc Guire VAMC
- Medical Support Assistant at Hunter Holmes Mc Guire VAMC
- Medical Records Technician at US Air Force
- Health Technician (Phlebotomist) at Veteran's Health Administration
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- Associate's Degree - Health Information Technology and Management
Began solely as a medical records technician, but continued on to basically managing the department in 2016 due to staffing reductions. I am often the only person in the office who is widely versed in the process of my department. I code for, review and audit order queues for multiple accounts for completion and accuracy. I also schedule, print and send the orders for charting to the facilities monthly, as well as prepare the monthly reports for 25+ clients.
- DEPARTMENT MANAGER / MEDICAL RECORDS TECHNICIAN at Reunion Rx
- MEDICAL RECORDS TECHNICIAN at Pharmscript
- PHARMACY TECHNICIAN at Target // Multiple Locations
4 years at this Job
- Bachelor's - Elementary Education / Fine Arts
140 Sylvester Road #215
San Diego, CA. 92106
Hours per week: 40 Hourly wage: $16.16
Medical Records Technician (Contractor)
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills:
As a Medical Records Technician for Military Sealift Command "Pool" there are up to 230
Mariner's in the Military Sealift Command Pool at any given time. I am the first point of contact when Mariners check in to the San Diego Pool.
• Assist with Check-in to the pool and Check-out to the ships of Civilian Mariners.
• Set medical appointments to fulfill occupational requirements for all Mariners at the appropriate Navy facility (Naval Occupational Health Clinic, Branch Health Clinic, MCRD Medical Clinics).
• Answer, Document, Direct, and Assist Mariners and Visitors at the Medical window.
• Prep, administer, route, and maintain Medical/immunization records.
• Medical records maintenance, copy, and assembly.
• Data entry with HRMS for all examination, vaccinations and Chronic medical conditions.
• Answer incoming telephone calls, answer questions, and route to appropriate medical provider.
• Keep up to date on all required Department of the Navy required annual training.
- Medical Records Technician (Contractor) at Reliable Medical Solutions/Transtecs Corp
- DME Coordinator, Orthopedic Technician at San Diego Orthopaedic Associates Medical Group
- Orthopedic Medical Assistant at Spine Institute of San Diego
- Administrative Assistant /Front Office/Economic and Political/Facilities at U.S Embassy Singapore
1 month at this Job
- Associates of Applied Science in Radiologic Technology - Radiologic Technology
3210 East Highway 54 Durham, NC 27709 United States 09/2018 - Present ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hours per week: 40 Series: 0675 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 07 Medical Records Technician (This is a federal job) Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: CLASSIFY, VERIFY, AND CORRECT MEDICAL DIAGNOSTIC DATA REPORTED ON DEATH CERTIFICATES received from 57 registration areas of the United States. Review, interpret and classify death certificates using appropriated International Classification of Disease, 10th revision (ICD-10) classification codes for multiple cause of death and underlying cause of death. Use the decision support system and established procedures to validate mortality medical data. Review hard copy death certificated when electronic copies are not available to manually enter information into the National Vital Statistic System (NVSS). Accurately verify work in compliance with complex electronic instruction manuals and rules. Review and consult medical books, source books, and web sources to maintain current familiarity with the etiology, symptoms and pathology of disease. RECEIVED ONLINE AND CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION with the purpose of completing required training consisting of; electronic manuals, training decks, and multiple cause of death training. Received intensive practical training in developing the skill in determining, classify and coding the underlying cause death. Attend quarterly training for updates/review for ICD-10 coding. Fetal coding, electronic manuals, and Web Manuals. DISCUSS PROBLEMS AND SPECIFIC ISSUES related to the classifying of medical diagnostic date reported on death certificates. Provided information with peers and other staff members to ensure teamwork activities promote improvement in the NVSS. ANALYZE AND PROCESS QUALITY CONTROL DATA for death certificates. Ensure quality codes are being provided back to the jurisdictions. Achieved outstanding result in quality of medical coding batches by maintaining an overall error rate of under 4%. Supervisor: Carissa Haney (919-541-3180) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes
- Medical Records Technician at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/National Center for Health Statistics
- Medical Coder I at International Classification of Disease
- Federal Contractor for CDC at CSRA, LLC
- CDC Federal Contractor at SRA International, Inc
4 months at this Job