Acquired advanced technical skills. Remained organized and punctual. Able to handle high volume calls as well as execute extreme patience. Reliable medical records technician that can organize and efficiently manage medical records
- Medical Records Technician at ASSOCIATES IN CARDIOLOGY
- Front Desk Receptionist at Bayonne Family Dental
- SERVER at MCCLOONES BAYONNE GRILLE
- RECEPTIONIST at D'ANGELS BEAUTY SALON
10 months at this Job
- - Early childhood education
- - Liberal Arts
Medical Records Technician (also known as health information tech) provides accurate and precise data migrating. Entering the medical records information in a accurate, timely manner; keeping medical records updated in compliance with healthcare coding system standards. Accessing patients medical records, maintaining and accessing personal information, medical problems, procedures, and history.
- Medical Records Technician at Virginia Mason Medical
- HIM (Health Information Management) Clerk at Valley Medical Center
- Automotive Service Writer at Sound Ford
- Health Consultant at Mercola.com
2 months at this Job
- Administrative Certificate - Office Administrative
- Certificate - CNA
620 John Paul Jones Circle Portsmouth, VA 23708 United States 01/2017 - Present ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hours per week: 40 Series: 0679 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 04 Medical Support Assistant (This is a federal job) Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: My major duties as a medical support assistant consist of great customer service, as I am to greet customers in a pleasant and professional manner. I also accomodate customers both telephonically and personally. I make sure that patients are eligible for care via their health insurance. I am also responsible for reviewing and screening incoming radiological requests for exams. I assist patients with filling out pre-exam questionaires. I am also required to help schedule radiology exams according to a prearranged scheduling plan for each individual specialty area. Instruct and provide patients with sufficient information in regards to preparation for their exam. I make calls to confirm patient appointments and any errors or mishaps prior to their scheduled date. I am occasionally required to cancel or reschedule exams due to equipment failure or other unforseen circumstances. I am also required to arrive and depart patients for their exams utilizing the radiology information computer system, collates worksheets, appointment sheets, labels, and other associated documents checking for completeness, accuracy, and proper sequencing for the appropriate imaging area. Other duties include maintaing patient records, track patients being treated, examinations being performed, exam results, and other assorted information as may be required, as well as obtaining previous patient x-ray studies and arrange film copying, in addition to managing film files within the various specialty areas. Supervisor: Nartasha Webb (7579531212) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes Naval Medical Center Portsmouth 620 John Paul Jones Circle Portsmouth, VA 23708 United States 07/2018 - Present Hours per week: 40 Series: 0675 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 05 Medical Records Technician (Analyzer) (This is a federal job) Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: My duties as a Medical Records Technician are to collect inpatient and ambulatory surgical procedure records of the patients who were discharged the previous day from the different discharging patient care areas and review them against the unit reports to determine whether there are any missing charts. I also review and analyze all incoming inpatient and ambulatory records for compliance with established standards that are set by JCAHO, BUMED, NAVMED, and other regulatory agencies. If the records fail to meet the criteria it is my job to bring it to the attention of the cognizant personnel for correction and those records. Other duties are to review, sort, sequence, and compile inpatient and ambulatory surgery medical records into a delquent medical record archive system set forth by estavblished procedures. I am also responsible for reviewing, analyzing, sorting, sewuencing, and merginig miscellaneous documents such as operative, pathology, laboratory, radiology and other Supervisor: Felicia Credle (757-953-6407) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes
- Medical Records Technician at Naval Medical Center Portsmouth
- Child Care Assistant at Child Development Center
- Administrative Assistant at Sweet Treats Spa
- Teen Hire (Student) at Norfolk Naval Shipyard Youth Center
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree - Criminal Justice
- None - Criminal Justice
- None - Criminal Justice
I started with this company as a clinical program assistant in the Emergency Services Department performing clerical and administrative duties, which included coordination of communication and continued care, triaging phone calls and de-escalating situations. I transferred to the Medical Records Department in July where I assemble and analyze discharged and deceased client records, provide documentation for release of information requests, and aide in the process of transferring to an EHR system. I also have the responsibility of training new and current employees on various tasks related to the job.
- Medical Records Technician at Compass Health - Medical Records
- Front Desk Clerk at Lake Goodwin RV Resort
- Sales Associate at Tommy Bahama
- Sr. Sales Associate at Decked Out
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- A.A - General Studies
• Performs medical records, administrative and clerical duties in support of the medical facility, locates, and files patient medical records to include inserting additional forms and charts, filing results of treatments, recording a variety of doctors' orders or notes on various charts and records into HAIMS/AHLTA.
• Interviews patients who request medical examination/treatment to obtain information.
• Distributes incoming mail, including medical records, to the appropriate staff members
• Organizes patient records to research records in CHCS, extract medical information, and review records for completeness, accuracy, and consistency with medical facility requirements.
- Medical Records Technician at Joint Base Andrews Air Force Base Outpatient Medical Records/Admissions
- Military Personnel Clerk at Department of the Navy Personnel Support Detachment
- Neurology Administrative Assistant at Walter Reed National Military Center
- Medical Records Technician at Walter Reed National Military Center
6 months at this Job
- - Medical Office Support
As a Medical Records Technician (MRT) at Episource LLC, my responsibilities include, but are not limited to electronically downloading and storing patients’ health information in a timely manner, ensuring that all online paperwork is filled out correctly, verifying the accuracy, accessibility, and security of all files, and communicating with members at doctors offices across the country to gain access to files and confirm patients’ information.
- Medical Records Technician at Episource LLC
- Call Center Agent at VRI Research
- Telephone Operator at Suncoast Hotel and Casino
- Softlines Team Member at Target
2 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Kept records of patients up to date, printed records of patients for medical facilities to review, made corrections to said records as needed.
• Gathered information for insurance companies to maintain credibility of transactions.
• Handled purchasing orders from vendors
• Prepared reports of medication usage, due to be filled, expired prescriptions, etc.
- Medical Records Technician at Medical Records
- Certified Pharmacy Technician (CPhT) at True Health
- Pharmacy Technician Extern at CVS Pharmacy
- Crew Member at McDonald's Restaurant
7 months at this Job
- Diploma - Florida Board of Pharmacy Registration RPT
Compile process and maintain all medical records for True Medical Imaging and facility's patients in a manner consistent with medical, administrative, ethical, legal, and regulatory requirements of the health care system. Work directly with Attorney offices and Referring physicians' offices, insuring that all records request are submitted in a timely manner. Work directly with reading radiologist and their transcribers and giving them access to the facilities PACS portal.
- Medical Records Technician at True Medical Imaging- Medical Records
- at Dr. Wilson Velazquez
- Administrative Assistant at Arnold Oil Company
- Administrator/Head Dispatcher at Ivan Herrero Estate
4 years, 2 months at this Job
- High school
I was the sole medical records technician at TBI. I am responsible for getting all MRI, CT and xray films read by selected radiologists. Then I must get the report and films to the referring physicians within 24-48hrs. I also gather records and films for attorneys as they prepare for depositions or trials. As part of being a team player, I also schedule appointments and cover other coworkers shift when they are out. I proficiently use MS Word and Excel. I am a fast learner and love a challenge. After 10 years in that position I moved to our billing department. I now am in charge of accounts receivable for all of our personal injury cases.
- Medical Records Technician/AR Specialist at Tampa Bay Imaging
- Courier at Advanced Radiology
- Shift Manager at Pizza Hut
13 years, 7 months at this Job
3210 East Highway 54 Durham, NC 27709 United States 09/2018 - Present ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hours per week: 40 Series: 0675 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 07 Medical Records Technician (This is a federal job) Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: CLASSIFY, VERIFY, AND CORRECT MEDICAL DIAGNOSTIC DATA REPORTED ON DEATH CERTIFICATES received from 57 registration areas of the United States. Review, interpret and classify death certificates using appropriated International Classification of Disease, 10th revision (ICD-10) classification codes for multiple cause of death and underlying cause of death. Use the decision support system and established procedures to validate mortality medical data. Review hard copy death certificated when electronic copies are not available to manually enter information into the National Vital Statistic System (NVSS). Accurately verify work in compliance with complex electronic instruction manuals and rules. Review and consult medical books, source books, and web sources to maintain current familiarity with the etiology, symptoms and pathology of disease. RECEIVED ONLINE AND CLASSROOM INSTRUCTION with the purpose of completing required training consisting of; electronic manuals, training decks, and multiple cause of death training. Received intensive practical training in developing the skill in determining, classify and coding the underlying cause death. Attend quarterly training for updates/review for ICD-10 coding. Fetal coding, electronic manuals, and Web Manuals. DISCUSS PROBLEMS AND SPECIFIC ISSUES related to the classifying of medical diagnostic date reported on death certificates. Provided information with peers and other staff members to ensure teamwork activities promote improvement in the NVSS. ANALYZE AND PROCESS QUALITY CONTROL DATA for death certificates. Ensure quality codes are being provided back to the jurisdictions. Achieved outstanding result in quality of medical coding batches by maintaining an overall error rate of under 4%. Supervisor: Carissa Haney (919-541-3180) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes
- Medical Records Technician at Centers for Disease Control and Prevention/National Center for Health Statistics
- Medical Coder I at International Classification of Disease
- Federal Contractor for CDC at CSRA, LLC
- CDC Federal Contractor at SRA International, Inc
6 months at this Job