Therapeutic agents supported: andexanet alfa; cerdulatinib
• Establish professional relationships with external experts, academic institutions and managed care communities
• Present critical medical and scientific information to the external audiences and individuals (such as formulary committees, medical meetings, and healthcare professionals)
• Identify unmet medical, educational, and research needs within the medical community, and make an intelligent interpretation of key relevant scientific data and translate this information to meet educational and research needs
• Collaborate with cross-functional teams in assessing education/research needs and develop education/research strategies to meet those needs
• Provide medical and scientific support for internal collaborations, such as sales training, speaker bureau training, and other educational initiatives
• Assist in the identification of investigators and sites for company trials
• Serve as a liaison for the review, submission, execution, completion of IIS (Investigator Initiated Studies) proposals and facilitate the initiation of research projects
• Represent Portola at medical meetings, conferences, advisory boards, outreach meetings at key institutions and in interactions with thought leaders
• Maintain knowledge of the thrombosis field, stay current on leading edge medicines and development efforts, and provide expertise for business development opportunities as appropriate
• Assure MSL team compliance with all corporate policies and regulatory guidelines LA JOLLA PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY
- Medical Science Liaison at PORTOLA PHARMACEUTICAL COMPANY
- Director at Field Medical
- Medical Science Liaison at
- Medical Science Liaison at ROMARK LABORATORIES
6 months at this Job
- Executive Masters - Masters of Public Health
Ensure timely and effective responses to medical/technical inquiries, related to marketed and pipeline compounds and/or clinical trial design/rationale, from PIs/study site team, HCPs, and KOLs using approved resources
• Support medical expert engagement plan and congress planning
• Support Peer-to-Peer Programs, including aligning with KOLs and supporting a peer-to-peer relationship between doctors, to help drive understanding and education on disease states and treatments
• Provide accurate and non-promotional scientific information on pipeline compounds in support of ongoing and future company sponsored trials
• Support Medical KOL and influence mapping, and document patient journey in centers of interest
• Work in conjunction with R&D to support requests for investigator-initiated studies and trials
• Liaison between R&D clinical operations and study sites e.g., sites as required to maintain company presence and enhance enrolment rate
• Identify additional trial centers for future trials for pipeline products
- Medical Science Liaison at Chiltern/Covance
- Medical Science Liaison at Provident Research INC
- Sr. Site Management at inVentiv Health Clinical
- Medical Science Liaison/ Sr. SM at PRA Health Science
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- Master in Public Health - Global Health
Supported medical affairs in multi-state territory covering Florida, Georgia, Alabama. Identified and developed relationships with 80+ KOLs in Addiction and Schizophrenia therapeutic area from academic centers, research centers, major treatment organizations and policymakers. Engaged in quality scientific discussions with healthcare professionals (HCPs) in response to requests for medical information, data and education. Facilitated advisory boards. Coordinated medical booth at major addiction and psychiatric conferences.
• Built KOL relationships improving company engagement on advisory boards, at congresses, and in ad hoc consulting.
• Assisted in development and implementation of advisory boards on clinician early experiences, contributing to launch of two new products.
• Developed new territory through networking, growing 3 KOL's to 40 within first 3 months.
• Consistently exceeded the company metric of KOL's, interactions and clinical presentations annually, providing a deeper level of understanding of medication science and data.
• Trained and evaluated thought leaders for compliant public speaking forums and news interviews as SME's in support of greater treatment access in Florida.
• Provided individual HCP support, following up on medical information questions within less than 24-hour requirement, achieving 100% satisfaction scores.
• Trained (150) field sales on clinical information at new product launch, improving scientific understanding of pivotal study data and PI.
• Leveraged relationships to access restricted healthcare centers and university KOLs.
• Uncovered new KOLs to influence other Florida HCPs and advocate for patient care.
- Medical Science Liaison at INDIVIOR INC
- Brand Manager at INDIVIOR INC
- Clinical Liaison/Sales at INDIVIOR INC
- Director at UNIVERSITY OF WISCONSIN CENTER FOR TOBACCO RESEARCH
3 years at this Job
- PhD - Psychology
- Masters - Clinical Social Work
Sales Representative Educational Liaison between Physicians and staff Patient and Community Outreach
Educational Liaison between Physicians and staff
Patient and Community Outreach
- Medical Science Liaison at Citiva Medical
- Sales Representative at Zimmer Biomet Orthopedics
at this Job
- Bachelor's - Biology/ Physician Assistant
Specialty Served as primary resource for clinical and scientific information for internal and external stakeholders. Built new territory, established new medical affairs team and established team goals; identified KOLs in urology and orthopedics. * Established new territory in Florida, Georgia, South Carolina, and North Carolina that resulted in identifying and building relationships with 200+ new KOLs. * Consistently achieved >100% on all performance metrics, i.e. KOL interaction goals. * Worked with ISR Committee on submissions by University of Miami and University of South Florida; both chosen for Endo funding.
- Medical Science Liaison at Endo Pharmaceuticals
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) at Eli Lilly and Company
- Medical Science Liaison at Eli Lilly and Company
- Medical Science Liaison within medical affairs at Eli Lilly and Company
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Master of Science in Nursing - Nursing
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Nursing
• Built a team of highly educated and experienced team of C-level professionals.
• Developed trust and relationships with key opinion leaders (KOLs) in disease states of interest.
• Effectively communicated scientific data to both internal and external customers, including opinion leaders and internal management team.
• Educated payers (Health plans, Medicare, Medicaid), key decision makers (P&T members, opinion leaders, pharmacists), agents (specialty pharmacy, GPO, and PBMs) based on clinical (efficacy & safety) and economic data.
• Collaborative, team-based approach on defining new strategies and tactics to approach partners.
• Served as primary liaison with investigators interested in developing and performing investigator initiated research.
• Strong relationship with commercial and R&D partners, medical affairs, medical opinion leaders, academic institutions, regional and national congress meetings and large group practices.
- Advisor and Medical Science Liaison at Nexus Optical Inc
- Co-Founder & CEO at Kadho Inc
- Sr. Scientist ➔ Associate Director at Allergan
- at Abbott Vascular
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- Ph.D. - Biomedical Engineering
- Master of Science - Biomedical Engineering
- Bachelor of Science - Biomedical Engineering
- MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISON at Bausch & Lomb
- ASSOCIATE OPTOMETRIST at Kopolow and Giresgen, Optometrists
- EXECUTIVE TERRITORY MANAGER, MEDICAL SCIENCE LIAISON, SPEAKER at Visioneering Technologies
- TERRITORY BUSINESS MANAGER, Zoetis at CA/NV
2 months at this Job
- MASTER OF BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION - BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
- DOCTOR OF OPTOMETRY - OPTOMETRY
- BACHELOR OF SCIENCE - BIOLOGICAL SCIENCES
- Medical Science Liaison at Bristol-Myers Squibb
- Senior Medical Advisor at Hisun-Pfizer
- Medical Academic Manager at San Valley
- Research Assistant at Tsinghua University
1 year, 2 months at this Job
- M. S. - Cancer
- B. S. - Biological Science
MSL course Completed the online training course on Medical Science Liaison "From Science TO Pharma" and developing wide understanding in:
• Medical affairs and medical science liaison responsibilities pre and post regulatory approval
• Interaction of medical science liaison with external thought leaders to drive medical strategy for internal stakeholders
• Interaction of medical science liaison with internal stakeholders/advisory boards medical advisor or medical manager (MA or MM)
• Product life cycles and roles of medical science liaisons in the drug in the pipeline/clinical trials and those on the market (off-label and on-label product involvement).
• Clinical Trials (Phase I-IV)
• Key opinion leader profiling, compliance, on/off label discussions
• Compliance: Code of Conduct Sunshine Act
Completed the online training course on Medical Science Liaison "From Science TO Pharma" and developing wide understanding in:
- Medical Science Liaison "From Science TO Pharma" and developing wide understanding at FSTP
- Science Instructor/Relationship Mentor at JCFA Charter School
- Graduate Intern at Pharmacy Student
6 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Pharmacy
Tasked with drafting Standardized Response Letters (SRL'S) designed to provide
consistent, unbiased scientific literature when responding to external inquiries.
• Evaluated data, potential study sites and interested thought leaders on scientific merit.
• Successfully worked on Investigator Initiated Studies (IIS), including study design, protocols and proposals.
• Participated in approvals and discussions of study designs, protocols, budgets and publications as a member of the Investigator Initiated Study Committee.
• Developed comprehensive slide presentation used during our Scientific Advisory Board Annual Committee Meeting held September 2013 in Boston, MA. The full Medical Affairs team, COO, CMO, CEO and all key stakeholders and experts on our advisory board attended this meeting.
• Scheduled and presented our residency program educational initiative at Grand Rounds at UCONN and VA Boston.
• Participated in our Plan of Action (POA) meeting held in Dallas, TX in September 2013. Served as the scientific expert to the northeast team.
• Attended several regional and local dermatological society meetings as the scientific advisor representing DUSA. Primarily, establishing and maintaining relationships with key opinion leaders.
• Presented and participated in journal club format presentations to our internal medical affairs team, including our CMO and Director of Medical Affairs.
• Fully cognizant of regulatory and legal compliance in day-to-day activities.
- Medical Science Liaison at DUSA Pharmaceuticals
- Clinical Pharmacist at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Clinical Pharmacy Specialist at Kent Hospital
- Staff Pharmacist / Pharmacy Manager at CVS Pharmacy
6 months at this Job
- Doctorate - Pharmacy