As a medical social worker, I work with adults who are in need of care coordination. These patients are at high risk of admission to the hospital and have difficulties managing their medical needs. I provide service referrals and resources so that they are able to stay in their home and become healthier.
- PHP Medical Social Worker at Multicare Health Systems
- Child Welfare Services Supervisor at Child Protective Services
- Child Welfare Services Social Worker at Child Protective Services
- Practicum Student at Harborview Medical Center
5 years at this Job
- Masters of Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelor of Arts - Pre-Counseling
Medical social worker, and interdisciplinary team member, working with patients on hospice services, their caregivers, and family members. Conduct assessments, create care plans, documentation of services provided, provide emotional support, companionship, socialization, referrals, and resources, for patient and loved ones.
- Medical Social Worker at Compassionate Care Hospice
- Licensed Certified Social Worker at Blaire House of Tewksbury
1 month at this Job
- Masters of Social Work - Social Work
- Masters of Education - Special Education
- Bachelors of Science - Child and Family Services
As a medical social worker, I performed discharge planning in an acute care hospital. This included assessing new patients on admission, following them throughout admission, and making discharge placement referrals. I also worked closely with physicians, nurses and other staff to determine the best discharge plan for their patients.
- Medical Social Worker at Ballad Health
- Healthcare Documentation Specialist (Remote) at MModal
- BSW Social Work Intern at Bristol Regional Medical Center
- Pathology Transcriptionist at Highlands Pathology Consultants
2 months at this Job
- BS - Social Work
- AAS - Medical Office Assisting
• Medical Social Worker visits terminally ill patients once per month and as needed in their home.
• Assess psychosocial needs and safety, gather psychosocial history, monitor symptoms, provide ongoing emotional support, provide education about the disease/dying process, and provide supportive counseling for patient and family acceptance.
• Provide assistance with linkage for grief support, volunteer support, chaplain support, and community resources (legal planning, funeral planning, IHSS, Medi-cal, Veteran support, caregiver resources, etc.).
• Medical Social Worker attends interdisciplinary team meeting weekly for case conferencing with the Clinical Supervisor, Physician, Nurses, and Chaplain.
- Medical Social Worker at Remita Health
- Recovery Specialist at Kern County Mental Health
- Social Services Worker at Kern County Aging & Adult
- Social Services Worker at Kern County Human Services
3 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Social Work in Advanced Generalist Practice - Social Work
- - Sociology/Psychology
Medical Social Worker ✓ Community resources ✓ Psychoeducation ✓ Brief structured therapy
- Medical Social Worker (PRN) at AMEDYSIS HOME HEALTH
- HUD/VASH Social Worker (GS-12) (Full-time) at Department of Veterans Affairs
- Social Worker II Emergency Room at Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Social Counselor 2 at Adult Protective Services - State of Tennessee
10 months at this Job
- License - Clinical Social Worker
- Masters of Social Work - Social Work
Complete initial social work psychosocial assessments within a designated timeframe. Assess the patient and family members for new or recurring psychosocial issuess. Involved in extensive discharge planning from hospital to various nursing facilities and/or assisted living facilities. Arrange EMS transportation for patient respite visits. Conduct informational sessions to prospective patients and their family members. This incudes presenting the hospice philosophy to potential customers, and following up accordingly. Was solely responsible for recovering over $100,000 of lost revenue for the company. Provide mentoring, coaching, and education on end-of-life matters. Refer family members to external resources within the community. Provide emotional support during times of bereavement. Participate in interdisciplinary group meetings to ensure a high level of care across the board. Responsible for maintaining volunteer base and responsible for coordinating appreciation activities for volunteers. Temporarily have been placed in the position of Manager of Volunteer Services; and still managing caseload of patients as a Medical Social Worker.
- Medical Social Worker at Kindred Hospice
- Social Worker Liaison at Texas Children's Hospital
- Renal Social Worker, Brazos Dialysis/Sugarland Dialysis at Vocational Rehab
- Social Work Practice Specialist at Middle Tennessee State University
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- Master of Social Work - Social Work
- Bachelor of Science - Family Studies
Looking to bring excellent and consistent administrative customer service in a front desk position. JUN 2016 - PRESENT MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER, ADVANZ SOCIAL SERVICES Providing community resources to the elderly and completing proper documentation. Driving to patient houses' to ensure their overall safety and reporting to APS if needed. Encouraging patients to express thoughts and feelings. Patients verbalize improvement in mood and overall mental health after visit.
- MEDICAL SOCIAL WORKER at ADVANZ SOCIAL SERVICES
- TEACHER'S ASSISTANT at TORAT HAYIM HEBREW ACADEMY
- SALES ASSOCIATE at VICTORIA'S SECRET
- STUDENT TEACHER at THE GROWING PLACE
2 years, 7 months at this Job
- BACHELOR'S DEGREE - PSYCHOLOGY
- ASSOCIATE'S DEGREE - Early Childhood Education
Case workers aim to keep children with their own families whenever safely possible by assessing their and their families' needs, getting them connected to available resources, and conducting in-home services of appropriate intensity and duration by way of:
• Investigating reports of abuse, exploitation, and/or neglect; assessing risks, strengths, barriers and determining appropriate actions governing a client's situation.
• Writing and implementing child and family service plans.
• Coordinating and referring services to children and families offered by community resources, placement providers, collateral agencies, the courts, and community partners.
• Presiding over visits between parents and children, monitoring behavior, reporting observational notes and concerns to appropriate professional/clinical staff, and updating case files.
• Conducting in-home visits and performing field investigations.
• Testifying in court or hearings regarding actions, findings, procedures, and protocols.
• Preparing detailed case documentation that includes intake records, investigation summaries, risk assessment social summaries, needs assessments, service plans, case history, and activity logs.
- Case Worker at Division of Child and Family Services
- Medical Social Worker at Nathan Adelson Hospice
- Medical Social Worker at Hospice Del Sol
- Site Coordinator at Communities In Schools
at this Job
- Master of Arts - Despute Resolution
- Master of Arts - Marriage and Family Therapy
- Bachelor of Arts - Social Work
My job as a medical social worker is to assist the patient and family on any number of issues. Helping patients fill out advance directives, Helping families with funeral arrangements. I help families find caregivers and connect patients and families to community resources, as well as assess the emotional needs of patients . I help individuals during the end of life journey and provide caring presence and compassionate listening. . I work with social services to implement UAI (universal assessment instruments) to determine eligible for community programs. . I work with the hospice team to solve problems or concerns that may occur. As a medical social worker, I initiate respect care and discharge to a facility.
- Medical Social Worker at New Century Hospice
- Discharge Planner at The Laurels of Charlottesville
- Director of Social Services at Golden Living
- Director of Social Services at Heritage Hall
3 years at this Job
Responsibilities -Short Hour Medical Social Worker with Kaiser Redwood City, providing in and outpatient psychodynamic interventions, biopsychosocial assessments, crisis intervention, grief/bereavement counseling, problem solving, resource development, and ongoing case management. Comfortable and able to thrive working closely with a multidisciplinary team in order to provide highest level of member care. -Experience with a variety of service lines: including Medicine/Surgery, Oncology, Neurology, Emergency Department, Special Needs Program, and Maternal and Child Health. Experience in providing ongoing counseling and support related to disease understanding and acceptance and how this impacts member and families, additionally encouraging developing healthy coping strategies for members and families. Able to advocate for members and work with them to identify and assist with short term care planning, discharge planning, and long term care planning. -Collaborate with medical providers alongside members to develop and implement individualized Plan of Treatment, and team with other internal Kaiser departments and community organizations to provide appropriate level of intervention and services based on established plan of care. Consistently maintains updated documentation and communication with care team. Comfort and experience with mandated reporting, and experience with working with members to establish high level of care, including placement. -Familiarity with Bay Area community resources and organizations: including Medi-Cal and Medicare, financial and homeless resources, substance abuse detox and treatment centers, supportive resources for domestic violence, skilled nursing facilities, independent and assisted living facilities for seniors- including dementia care and resources for low income seniors. Able to consistently provide members and families with practical and safe arrangements related to recommended appropriate level of care.
- Medical Social Worker at Kaiser Permanente
- Psychotherapist at AIDS Healthcare Foundation
- HIV Services Social Worker Case Manager (Transition-Focused) at Children's National Medical Center
- Director of Clinical Programs at AIDS Education and Training Center
5 years, 9 months at this Job
- Masters Degree - Social Work
- Masters Degree - Public Health