Started as a unit secretary on the Medical/Surgical unit. In the course of my 19 years of employment at the hospital I also held the following positions: Staffing coordinator & Medical Staff Office coordinator.
- Medical Staff Coordinator at San Ramon Regional Medical Center
29 years, 2 months at this Job
- BA - Human Development
Position Summary: Assists the Medical Staff in assuring that all individuals with clinical privileges provide services within the scope of their education, training, licensure and ability to perform privileges requested. Prepares agenda, back- up documentation and transcribes Minutes for MEC. Provides administrative support to all medical staff departments. Responsible for upkeep of department policies, criteria and privileges. EMPLOYMENT/
- Medical Staff Coordinator at Southern NH Medical Center
- Claims Processor at DX, CPT, ICD
- Assistant ( ~~~~~~ ~~ ) - Externship at Parnell Chiropractic & Wellness Center
- Executive Assistant at Wallboard Perfection
11 years, 9 months at this Job
I am responsible for processing all the change of status and additional privilege requests that the medical staff request. Responsible for credentialing Medical Staff, Professional Staff, and Network Practitioners for the Vanderbilt Health Affiliate Network. Complete all online verifications for all packets (NPDB/License/OIG/EPLS) Follows Medical Staff Bylaws, Network Credentialing Policies and other regulations. Ensure that all individuals credentialed are qualified to provide services based upon the scope of their training, licensure and experience. Collaborate with personnel in other departments including: off-site practices, Quality Resource Services, Risk Management, Medical Records, etc. Meets deadlines in a high pressure environment and readily handles intense interpersonal interactions with varying types of support staff and leaders across the enterprise. Prioritize and practice sound judgment as well as demonstrates capacity to interpret and apply state and federal regulations regarding credentialing and privileging activities.
- Medical Staff Coordinator at Vanderbilt University Medical Center
- Data Management Specialist, Provider Support Services at Vanderbilt Medical Center
- Business Manager at Jones Therapy Services
- Data Management Specialist, Heart and Liver Transplant at Vanderbilt Medical Center
at this Job
- Associate - Psychology
- Diploma - Esthetics
Most recent Temporary/Contracted position was with Kaiser Permanente to cover staff member on 12 weeks of FMLA. Completion of reappointments for medical staff professionals (MD, DO, NP, PA, etc). Primary source verifications, use of various software systems ie; Morrisey, NPDB, Verisys, ABMS, First Advantage and others. Direct communication with practitioner and department chiefs for document completion and approvals. Professional references, computation all volume criteria competency is met for each privilege requested.
- Medical Staff Coordinator at APR Consulting, Inc. Temporary Staff Placement
- Contracting and Credentialing Manager at CHE Behavioral Health Services
- Credentialing Manager at VERICARE
- Office Manager-Customer Service, Marketing Strategies, Human Resources at SEOhaus, LLC
4 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent - General Education
• Credentialing and recredentialing of physicians and allied health practitioners.
• Maintenance of numerous physician information data banks, including education training, experience, and licensure.
• Maintaining an accredited continuing medical education (CME) program and providing CME for physicians to maintain their clinical competency.
• Reviews and implementing of various federal rulings and accrediting body standards pertaining to the functions of the medical and/or provider staff.
• Establishing systems to facilitate meetings and communication between physicians, both within and outside their specialties, as well as with a hospital's administration.
• Developing, establishing, and enforcing of medical staff bylaws, rules and regulations, and policies that govern the activities of the HonorHealth Medical Staff.
- Medical Staff Coordinator at HonorHealth Scottsdale Shea Medical Center
- Office Supervisor at HonorHealth Medical Group McDowell Mountain Ranch
- Front Office Lead at HonorHealth Medical Group Thompson Peak
- Patient Coordinator/Surgery Scheduler at Rejuvent Medical Spa and Surgery
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- License - Massage
Manage the credentialing, privileging process for Medical Staff and Licensed Independent Practitioners and Allied Health Professionals Act as a liaison and resource person for the professional and allied health staff and administration Positively impact the image of Jupiter Medical Center by maintaining an optimistic professional image and exhibits excellent customer relations to internal and external customers, e.g. physicians, senior management, Board of Trustees. Promote an effective working relationship within the department, with other departments, medical staff and administration. Demonstrate a thorough knowledge of departmental functions. Assesses new ideas/concepts and reviews for possible implementation in the department Provide knowledge and expertise in development and ongoing monitoring of credentials throughout the system and act as consultant to hospital and medical staff committees/departments Participate in regulatory activities Provide ongoing assistance to the Medical Staff Provide data and other support services to administration, physicians, Board of Trustees, and regulatory agencies. Attend seminars/workshops to maintain current knowledge and expertise Investigate issues of concern and conducts follow-up as needed Audit accuracy of data entry in the credentialing database and provide feedback to appropriate internal and external customers Participate in accreditation survey readiness activities (NCQA, Joint Commission etc...) Collaborate with Chiefs of Medical Staff Departments and functions to ensure compliance with the hospital Bylaws, Rules and Regulations Organizing a comprehensive credentialing program to ensure compliance with the Medical Staff bylaws, Rules and Regulations and regulatory authorities including but not limited to The Joint Commission and CMS, etc. Assist and meet with regulatory surveyors as needed Manage and Coordinates the credentialing process for medical staff and allied health professionals, locum tenens physicians, observers Ensures appointment credentialing files are complete and accurately verified along with all required documentation prior to review of the Chairman/Chief and Manager Assists in maintaining the Medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations, ensuring review and updating as direct the Medical Staff Ensures all office policies are maintained in support of the bylaws and regulatory authorities Accurate and timely assignment of computer numbers and entering of new practitioners into all credentialing and hospital software programs to include demographic and personal information Establishes and maintains positive professional communications with the Medical Staff, Administration, nursing staff, all hospital departments and related health agencies Liaise between CEO, Governing Board, Physicians, Business Development, Physician Relations on Medical Staff issues
- Medical Staff Coordinator at Jupiter Medical Center
- Proj. Credentialing/ Reappointment Coordinator at Mount Sinai Medical Center - Florida
- Medical Staff Services at South Nassau Communities Hospital
- Medical Staff Services at South Nassau Communities Hospital
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Certified - Total Quality Management
- Certificate of Completion - Strategic Planning
- Certificate of Completion - Project Management Skills for Non-Project Managers
- Certificate - Quality Management
- Certificate of Completion - Lean Six Sigma White Belt Certified
- Certificate - Healthcare Management Certificate Program - 2010 (Courses: Introduction to Healthcare, Human Resources Management and Supervision, Legal, Ethics and Regulatory Aspects of HealthCare, Financial Aspect of Healthcare and Economics of Health and Health Policy.)
- - Hofstra University, Hempstead, New York (Completed 3 years of college courses) Concentration: International Business and French (minor in French completed)
Responsible for credentialing of physicians and allied health professional to obtain privileges at hospital. Served as administration support for Credentialing, Medical Executive and Medical Staff Committees. Prepared agendas, meeting minutes, schedules, notices, equipment and catering request for all meetings. Maintained physician and allied health professional database, and confidential files, processed hospital affiliation requests.
- Medical Staff Coordinator at MOUNTAIN WEST MEDICAL CENTER, Quality
- Court Clerk I at TOOELE COUNTY CORPORATION, Justice Court
- Deputy Auditor at TOOELE COUNTY CORPORATION, Auditors Office
- Office Manager/Care Team Coordinator at HERITAGE BROOKSIDE HOME CARE/GENTIVA
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Associates of Applied Science - Medical Secretary
Operate many types of office equipment including personal computers using a variety of software applications, simple and all in one fax machines, multi line phone system, audio/visual equipment; thorough knowledge of modern office practices and procedures including file organization and record-keeping skills; excellent written, verbal, interpersonal, and organizational skills beyond the normal scope of secretarial work; handle multiple tasks and meet timelines, work independently with minimal supervision; maintain confidentiality and communicate diplomatically with personnel, providers, visitors, and the general public. (2007-Present) Administrative Assistant Serve as an administrative assistant while performing a variety of complex administrative tasks that require independent judgment, intuitive thinking, and the ability to multi-task and prioritize in a professional manner. Responsible for Credentialing the Medical Staff and the Allied Health Professionals. Medical Staff Coordination Coordinate the continuing medical education activities in conjunction with the monthly medical staff meetings, record practitioner attendance, and utilize the attendance data during applicable credentialing processes. Provide support for medical staff meetings and officers by timely scheduling meetings, preparation of appropriate presentation equipment and meeting space, attend and provide for the completion, storage, and maintenance of the minutes as assigned. Work closely with supervisors assisting with coordination, documentation, and scheduling of projects, preparation of reports, strategic planning, administrative directives, and meeting preparation.
- Administrative Assistant & Medical Staff Coordinator at Cabinet Peaks Medical Center
- Accounts Receivable Specialist at Upchurch Scientific, Inc
- Administrative Assistant at Bruce A. Bell Tractor Landscaping
- Loan Servicing Specialist at Pacific Northwest Bank
12 years at this Job
- Some college - Business Management
• Answers all incoming calls to the medical staff credentialing coordinator office in a timely,
• professional, and courteous manner; responds to questions/issues from all levels of medical
• staff, physician offices, credentialing firms as well as all levels of employees and managers
• when possible.
• Processes incoming and outgoing mail; reviews correspondence and responds as needed.
• This includes processing requests for verification of medical staff members for outside
• requests. Also update incoming credential items on MD Staff and file items in the credential
• Prepares and retains correspondence, including any meeting minutes, office memos, reports,
• filing information in credential files as required.
• Inventory and order supplies as needed. Inventory and order equipment as directed.
• Oversees the processing of all Medical Staff/AHP credentialing in accordance with Medical
• Staff Bylaws, Rules/Regulations, JCAHO standards and State/Federal law. Receives medical
• staff/allied health professional (AHP) application and reviews for completeness (TDI/common
• application, copies of state board license, DEA, CDS (DPS), insurance, education, training,
• board certification(s), core application packet documents - all signed, delineation of
• privileges packet - items checked, # of cases performed and signed, and other pertinent
• documents as needed). Refer to checklist.
• Analyze application information and notify CEO/Medical Director of any concerns and red flag
• information for review.
• MD Staff user - enters new medical staff/allied health professional application, completing all
• Follow up for any missing items to complete application and MD Staff.
• Creates folder for credentialing and quality data.
• Notify hospital CEO and Medical Director of application received.
• As required - complete temporary membership process including CEO letter and
• acknowledgement letter to submit for signature with letters sent to applicant and filed in
• credentialing folder.
• Activate medical staff/AHP On Staff button.
• Sends out peer references and verification documents via electronic, fax and mail for new applications.
• Monitors response of peer references and verification documents to complete a medical
• staff/AHP application until complete.
• Obtain PATCOM (Business Office) and dictation # (HIM/Medical Records) as needed for medical staff (those who will be seeing patients that will have services billed and or need to dictate for patient care.
• Complete the checklist for each medical staff/AHP applicant until folder is submitted to MEC and GB for completion.
• Maintains knowledge of standards of TJC and State and Federal regulations related to Medical Staff organization.
• Maintains working knowledge of the medical Staff Bylaws, Rules and Regulations and
• Hospital policies and works to ensure the medical staff's compliance with the stated
• Oversees the re credentialing applications in accordance with Medical Staff Bylaws,
• Rules/Regulations, TJC standards, and State/Federal law. This includes sending out re
• credentialing applications in a timely manner and follow up for re credentialing to assure
• timely processing.
• Monthly, using MD Staff, follow up for all upcoming expirations including, but not limited to
• license, DEA, CDS, insurance, re credentialing, board certifications, incomplete applications
• and others. Review periodically during the month and update MD Staff as documents are
• submitted. Goal is no expirations by end of month.
• Complete and distribute Governing Board granted privileges letter to new medical staff
• members in a timely manner.
• Update MD Staff with MEC and Governing Board action dates.
• Assist the MEC Credentials Committee with development of privilege criteria, privilege
• delineation and other documents necessary to an effective credentialing process as needed.
• Attends Medical Staff meetings as necessary.
• Maintains confidential credentials files and electronic medical staff database. Including all
• credential files stored in secure environment.
• Exhibits a high degree of responsibility for confidential matters.
• Assumes other related responsibilities as required
- Medical Staff Coordinator at US Pain and Spine Hospital
- Medical Staff Coordinator at St. Joseph Medical Center
- Credentialing Coordinator at American Surgical Professionals
- Assist in preparing requests for credentialing information from Client at Global Healthcare Alliance
2 years, 3 months at this Job
- - Communications
- - Communications
Duties: Establishes and maintains positive professional communications with the Medical Staff, Administration, nursing staff, all hospital departments and related health agencies; Exhibits a high degree of responsibility for confidential matters; Demonstrates compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulations; Demonstrates compliance with Barton Memorial Hospital Employee Code of Conduct; Performs research and obtaining information regarding all standards and requirements related to medical staff issues; Maintains a current master copy of and is knowledgeable of Medical Staff Bylaws and Rules and Regulations and Medical Staff Services Procedure Manual; Prepares for medical staff meetings, including scheduling, meeting reminders, agenda packets, and recording and processing of meeting minutes; Assures overall continuity of medical staff activities; Provides supportive services to the medical staff officers in fulfilling the responsibilities of their offices; Coordinates the credentialing process: mailing and preparation of Medical staff applications, appointments, reappointments and preparation of ongoing performance evaluations; Maintains current confidential credential files on all medical staff and allied health members; Processes all associated correspondence on all medical staff and allied health members; Maintains current Medical Staff, Medical Staff Department/Committee membership roster, and other rosters as required;
- Medical Staff Coordinator at Barton Memorial Hospital
- Administrator Assistant at Desert Spine and Neurosurgical Institute
- Unit Secretary at Eisenhower Medical Center
- Certified Nurses Assistant at CNA
2 years, 4 months at this Job
- - Certificates
- MBA - Business Administration