08/15/2000 - feb 2012) - Medical Supply Technician Washington, District of Columbia United States Pay Grade: GS-06 Salary: $1,100.00 per bi-week Hours per week: 40 Duties: Serve as a Medical Supply Technician in the Central Material Service rotating among the various medical supply operation assignments in a medical and surgical facility requiring a complete range of medical supplies, instruments, and equipment. Receive, dissemble, and inspect for damage, reusable medical supplies, instruments, and equipment. Determine correct method for pre-sterilizing, load and operate pre-sterilizers and reassemble medical equipment. Examine items to insure that gross contamination has been removed. Receive sterilized trays, sets, and equipment from the sterilizer, checks for effectiveness of sterilization. Assemble and load carts according to schedules, and fill special and emergency request for supplies. Receive training in such areas as the use and functioning of new medical supplies, instruments, and equipment; new or improved sterilization practices, as they affect the sterile supply operation. Distribute, prepare and maintain sterile supplies as well as special equipment for the treatment facility. Perform Quality Assurance monitoring using appropriate tools regarding the completion and contents of the biological spores. Document supply accountability (cataloging), maintain files, tracking and ensure supplies are complete, manually or by automatic data processing. Use and maintain biological tests for sterile parameters, which aides in micro biology, bacteriology and therapeutic practices as they affect sterile supplies. Perform quality assurance (QA) tests. Process and assemble surgical and endoscopic trays. Prepare and distribute operating cases. Maintain, read, file, and stamp machine printouts with event related dates. Check for expired, damaged items or for any discrepancies and remove from stock, such as inventory management. Perform and practice aseptic techniques, such as removing soil, blood, tissue fragments, any protein or bio-burden with an enzymatic detergent, which require MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet). Apply ethylene oxide, steam, sterrad, and steris sterilization methods for various medical supplies, using the appropriate equipment. Receive, sort, inventory decontaminate, clean, examine and sterilize medical and surgical instruments. Inspect and prepare medical and surgical items such as endoscopic and powered equipment for sterilization. Load and operate washer/decontaminator, ultrasonic cleaners, steam and ethylene oxide sterilizers. Stamp, date, store, and rotate items and issues sterile items, and inspect for expiration dates. Use and evaluate sterilizer test indicators. I report defective equipment to the supervisor. Assist in training new staff. Serve as a Medical Supply Technician in the Central Material Service rotating among the various medical supply operation assignments in a medical and surgical facility requiring a complete range of medical supplies, instruments, and equipment. Receive, dissemble, and inspect for damage, reusable medical supplies, instruments, and equipment. Determine correct method for pre-sterilizing, load and operate pre-sterilizers and reassemble medical equipment. Examine items to insure that gross contamination has been removed. Receive sterilized trays, sets, and equipment from the sterilizer, checks for effectiveness of sterilization. Assemble and load carts according to schedules, and fill special and emergency request for supplies. Receive training in such areas as the use and functioning of new medical supplies, instruments, and equipment; new or improved sterilization practices, as they affect the sterile supply operation. I understand the basic principles of microbiology as they apply to medical supply operations, especially as they relate to the resistance of microorganisms to external destructive agents such as heat, chemicals, and ionizing radiation. I have worked as a medical instrument technician. I have basic understanding of human anatomy and physiology, medical and surgical terminology and therapeutic procedures.
- Medical Supply Technician at Walter Reed Army Medical Center
6 years, 4 months at this Job
- Diploma - General Education
- - General Studies
08/2016 - 09/29/2017
1 Jarrett White Road
Tripler Army Medical Center, HI 96859 US Hours per week: 40
Medical Supply Technician
Series: 0622 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 6
Supervisor: SSG Anthony Revillas
Can we contact supervisor: Yes
• Assembling a full range of sets and trays used throughout the medical center from (10 surgical specialties). the specialties include General surgery, OB\Gyn, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Otolaryngology, Cardio-thoracic, Vascular, Neuro-surgery, Plastics and Urology.
• Distributing requested instruments to over 200 serviced wards, clinic units, and operating room suites daily; prepares Case Carts as needed for 100 clinical encounters; resulting in timely and safe care to patients.
• Receiving and decontaminating medical instruments and equipment manually or mechanically by using washer-sterilizers, cart washer and ultrasonic units, wearing the proper PPE.
• Correctly programming and operating steam, V-Pro, and Sterrad Machines and washer- sterilizers.
• Wrapping and packaging all items utilizing appropriate materials and techniques, sterilizer indicators, and autoclave tape, i.e. Sterrad or steam as well as correctly identifying and labeling items wrapped/packaged
- Medical Supply Technician at Tripler Army Medical Center
- Nursing Assistant at Birmingham VA Medical Center
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- - Nursing
Approximately five years working at Alaska Native Medical Center as a Senior Medical Supply Technician which includes managing workflow for employees, meeting with hospital department heads and CEO daily to ensure their needs are met, managing, editing, up keeping and using multiple databases, delegating tasks in emergency situations based on priority, operating and maintaining office equipment, answering multiple phone lines and answering internal customer inquiries, inventorying and requisitioning medical supplies and equipment, working knowledge of over 14,000 unique items, and safety training. July 2011 - May 2013 May 2015 - Oct 2017 May 2018 - August 2018
- Senior Medical Supply Technician at Alaska Native Medical Center
- Server at Evangelo's Restaurant
7 years, 1 month at this Job
Establish purchase requests; request funds for monthly allocations and blanket purchase agreements; responsible for all medical supplies; monitor expenditures of allotted funds to ensure adequate funding is available; utilize medical supply processes, procedures, requisitions, distribution and tracking of over 4,200 lines of inventory; verify operational adherences to all military and governmental standard operating procedures for government contracts. Responsible for procurement using three different government purchase cards with limits of $250K; supervise blanket purchase agreements totaling over $1.3M annually. Career Highlight: Implemented medical supply process and procedure system that saved the hospital over $80K.
- MEDICAL SUPPLY TECHNICIAN at William Beaumont Army Medical Center
- TRAINER at OT Training Solution
- CONSULTANT at Strategic Resources, Inc
- SUPPLY TECH LEAD at DynCorp International
5 years, 1 month at this Job
- M.A. - Procurement & Acquisitions Management
- Graduate Certificate
- B.S. - Human Resources Management
Provided sterilization, preparation, and decontamination support for the medical center.
• Disassembled supply items avoiding damage or unnecessary wear.
• Determined novel approaches when disassembly problems arise.
• Uses seasoned judgment to ensure minimum potential for damage to equipment.
• Removes gross contamination, pre-sterilizes biological contamination and decontaminates all reusable supplies and equipment.
• Examined items for damage, deterioration, or imperfections such as rust, pitting, and cracks.
• Operates medical equipment to determine whether it operates correctly after reassembly.
• Packages individual items or assembles items into sets or trays.
• Determines appropriate method of sterilization and attaches chemical indicator tape to package.
• Received new supplies, checks deliveries for quality and quantity.
• Stores items in accordance with inventory system
- Medical Supply Technician at VA Medical Center
- 92-A Automated Logistical Specialist at United States Army
11 months at this Job
EFFECTIVELY DECONTAMINATE A FULL RANGE OF REUSABLE MEDICAL SUPPLIES AND EQUIPMENT AS
REQUIRED BY THE MANUFACTURING GUIDELINES.
● DISASSEMBLE, CLEAN AND REASSEMBLE SUPPLY ITEMS, SURGICAL INSTRUMENTS, ENDOSCOPIC INSTRUMENTS AND TRAYS.
● Inspect, assemble/wrap instrument(s), instrument sets, supplies, equipment, and vendor sets.
- MEDICAL SUPPLY TECHNICIAN at LOYAL SOURCE/ VA CENTRAL CALIFORNIA HEALTH SYSTEM
- Surgical Technician/Medical Supply Technician at William Beaumont Army Medical Center
- Surgical Technician/Sterile Processing Technician at Memorial Medical Center
- Sterile Processing Technician at Provena Saint Joseph Hospital
6 months at this Job
• Provide customer service excellence and quality assurance products to further overall customer experience and enhancement of their medical and surgical procedures.
• Responsible for the daily operations of surgical procedure and case cart management.
• Provides demonstrated and solid knowledge background to forge interpersonal and communication skills.
• Performs daily quality assurance testing on all equipment used in the cleaning and sterilization of surgical instruments.
• Ensures compliance with established policies and procedures of the Department of Health, The Joint Commission, OSHA, CDC and other industry standards and regulations, as well as those of medical treatment facility.
• Monitors and track surgical instruments through the use of automated instrument tracking log/system, perform record keeping, tracking operations, maintains and monitors inventory records, and generate purchase orders etc.
• Scan instruments for use in or requested for procedures, upon arrival in decontamination to issue to serviced hospital department. e.g., surgery, clinics or wards.
• Remove gross or blood borne contaminants using required methods and procedures
• Visually inspect required instruments for cleanliness, signs of damage, deterioration, or imperfection.
• Distributes requested instruments to serviced wards, clinic units, and operating room suites with medical supply items.
• Prepare Case Carts as needed for clinical, per preference cards, or surgical need.
• Inspect all instrument sets prior to placing on cart for damage, holes in wrapper, arrows or pan locks placed and uniform change of external sterile indicator.
• Coordinate substitution of instruments with requesting surgical ward or clinics.
• Scan sets, carts or instruments for issues into automated instrument tracking log/system.
- Medical Supply Technician at CW Young VA Hospital
- Medical Supply Technician at James A. Haley VA Hospital
- Sterile Processing Technician II at H. Lee Moffit Cancer Center
- Sterile Processing Technician at University Community Hospital
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelors of Science - Computer Systems and Analysis
- Certification - Computer Repair
Customizing medical supplies for customers
- Medical Supply Technician at Ovation medical
- Accounts Payable Clerk at Haas Automation Inc.
- Cash & Revenue Analysis at Kinkos
1 year at this Job
- - Computer Applications
- - Computerized Payroll
- Certificate - Quickbooks
- - Finacial Accounting
- - Business
Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments or material or equipment needs. Use computers for various applications, such as database management or word processing. Verify inventory computations by comparing them to physical counts of stock, and investigate discrepancies or adjust errors. Store items in an orderly and accessible manner in warehouses, Med rooms, supply rooms, or other areas. Clean and maintain supplies, Carts, storeroom, and storage areas in order to ensure compliance with safety regulations. Prepare and maintain records and reports of inventories, price lists, shortages, shipments, expenditures, and goods used or issued. Issue or distribute materials, products, parts, and supplies to Medical staff or coworkers, based on information from incoming requisitions. Advise Inventory Coordinator or Buyers on the appropriateness of supplies, or materials requested. Keep records on the use and/or damage of stock or stock handling equipment. Examine and inspect stock items for wear or defects, reporting any damage to supervisors. Provide assistance or direction to other stockroom or warehouse workers. Determine sequence and release of back orders according to stock availability.
- Medical Supply Technician at San Antonio Regional Hospital
- warehouse orders, assisting in taking inventory, and weighing and checking materials at Fedex
- Receptionist (Volunteer) at
2 years, 3 months at this Job
Retrieve, disassemble, sort, clean, decontaminate, and disinfect soiled reusable surgical instruments and medical equipment. Inspect instruments, medical equipment and supplies for proper function and damage. Remove and replace broken items. Assemble, arrange, wrap, label and package instruments, medical equipment and supplies used for designated areas of medical facility. Process cameras and scopes in VPRO sterilizers. Select appropriate method of sterilization for all instruments, medical equipment, and supplies used throughout medical facility. Operate ultrasonic cleaners, tunnel washer, washer/decontaminator, Steris steam and Sterrad sterilizers as well as Tosi, Bowie Dick, and Biological testing, monitor and trouble-shoot equipment. Inspect all sterile supplies and medical equipment used in medical facility for dampness, package damage, tape change, lot control numbers and Julian dates for quality assurance. Stock, rotate, and pull supplies following first in first out method. Track instruments and manage supply inventory with use of computer. Maintain clean and sanitized work area. Wear appropriate PPE in designated areas according to infection control policies and guidelines. Communicate with staff and departments to effectively provide service. Maintain annual certifications and job related training. Quality Assurance to ensure items are sterile. Participate in Steris University Continuing Education.
- Medical Supply Technician at Fort Belvoir Community Hospital
- Sterile Processing Technician at Branch Medical Health Clinic Washington Navy Yard.
- Dental Assistant at Branch Medical Health Clinic Washington Navy Yard Dept of Defense
4 years, 7 months at this Job
- None - Health Information Management
- None - Central Sterile Processing Technician Course
- Certificate - Dental Assistant
- High School Diploma - High School Requirements