• Served as the Supervisory Medical Support Assistant and quality control advisor and POC for the initial medical interview station of the Soldier Readiness Processing Center (SRP) Medical Branch concerning all aspects of Soldier medical interviews and Medical Protection System (MEDPROS) and administrative data to prepare the Soldiers Medically Deploying and Redeploying to Theater.
• Directly responsible for the training, task assignments and execution 8 SRP Stations and 15 subordinates.
• Enforced work processes pushing up to 350 Soldiers per day through SRP successfully.
- Supervisor Medical Support Assistant at Madigan Army Medical Center- Waller Hall JBLM, WA
- Lead Medical Records Clerk at Madigan Army Medical Center- Waller Hall JBLM, WA
- Lead Medical Support Assistant at Madigan Army Medical Center- Waller Hall JBLM, WA
- Lead Sales Store Checker at Defense Commissary Agency
1 year, 1 month at this Job
Medical Support Assistant
• Assist physicians with patient procedures
• Collect patient data and manage efficient records
• Perform basic laboratory tests as required
• Schedule, reschedule and follow up on appointments
• Monitor electronic wait lists
• Verify and update clinical and demographic records
• Process all emergency and non emergency transfers SKILLS & STRENGTHS
• Able to identify patients’ concern and act accordingly
• Knowledge of phlebotomy policies and techniques
• Computer: MS Word, Excel & Outlook, Typing Speed 50 WPM
- Medical Support Assistant at Jesse Brown VA Medical Center
- Retail Clerk at Jesse Brown V.A. Medical Center
3 years, 2 months at this Job
- B.A. - Graphic Design
- A.A - Art and Design
10701 East Blvd Cleveland, OH 44106 United States 08/2017 - Present Salary: 22.50 USD Per Hour Hours per week: 40 Series: 0679 Advanced Medical Support Assistant (This is a federal job) Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: As a Medical Support Assistant in Primary Care I have the responsibility of checking in patients and scheduling patients for appointments in coordinating follow up slots assuring continuous quality improvement for the patient care administrative activities of the clinic. I have provided support with administrative/clerical/telephone duties in support of patient care operations, with the use of computerized software such as CPRS & VISTA in connections with all Inter-Facility operations such as preregistering patients. Also I am responsible for updating yearly income while maintaining good communication skills with emphasis on telephone etiquette. I respond to consults for clinical appointments, receive and handle telephone inquiries from numerous sources concerning VA care. I also maintain strong skills in the enrollment/registration package, as inter-facility consults that come to the VA through Veterans Health Information Systems.
- Advanced Medical Support Assistant at Louis Stokes Department of Veterans Affairs Medical Center
- Advanced Medical Support Assistant at Dayton VA Medical Center
- STNA at Louis Stokes VA Medical Center
- STNA at Dayton VA Medical Center
1 year, 5 months at this Job
- High school or equivalent
Hours: 40 Supervisor: Business Manager, DeAndre Skinner (301) 295-8789 ◦ Serve as a Medical Support Assistant at the Behavioral Health Clinic at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center. ◦ Create and maintain provider templates. ◦ Receives patients and visitors as the initial point of contact, in person or telephonically. ◦ Maintain and monitor patient appointment schedules for the unit and/or clinic. ◦ Ensure patients complete the necessary forms prior to meeting with provider. ◦ Record telephone calls via T-con or relay to the providers as needed. ◦ Report patient complaints to the Service Chief or Clinic Manager. ◦ Build positive relationships based on open communication with patients, family members, and staff members. ◦ Knowledge of health care rules and regulations including annual training on HIPAA and the privacy act. ◦ Manage BHDP (Behavioral Health Data Portal) for initial and follow-up appointments. ◦ Enter, manipulate, and/or retrieve information and data from automated systems, such as; HAIMS & AHLTA. ◦ Answer non-medical questions involving appropriateness of referrals to the clinic. ◦ Ensure patients have appropriate level of Tri-Care coverage when scheduling appointments. ◦ Provide guidance about referral procedures for other clinics. ◦ Maintain patient tracking log. ◦ Review referrals and schedule, as necessary. ◦ Reconcile end-of-day reports in CHCS to ensure accuracy. ◦ Provide basic information regarding where to get TRICARE information. ◦ Make appropriate referrals to Health Benefits Advisors (HBA). ◦ Provide liaison to Patient Escort, Customer Service, TRICARE, and direction to all areas within the command. ◦ Distribute and collect patient surveys as assigned. ◦ Types routine correspondence, progress reports, medical statements, memoranda, and statistical reports using various automation systems and programs. ◦ Receive and distributes mail and faxes.
- Medical Support Assistant at Walter Reed Medical Center
- Executive Assistant at National Institute of Health
- Receptionist at Planet Depos, LLC
- Data Entry Clerk at CHADD
1 year, 3 months at this Job
Main responsibilities as a Medical Support Assistant ( MA ) is to work as a member of a multi-disciplinary team, performs delegated clinical and administrative duties within the supervising providers scope of practice consistent with the MA’s education training and demonstrated competency. Essential duties and responsibilities are, review daily schedule and verify availability of supplies and working equipment for the day.
- Medical Support Assistant at WILLIAM BEAUMONT ARMY MEDICAL CENTER
- Medical Support Assistant at WILLIAM BEAUMONT ARMY MEDICAL CENTER
20 years, 2 months at this Job
- Associate - Computer and Electronics
- High school - English and History
1 Jarrett White Road
Aiea, HI 96701 United States
07/2016 - Present ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Hours per week: 40
Medical Support Assistant
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills:
• Serves as the Medical Support Assistant, Clinical Support Division, Tripler Army Medical Center (TAMC). Works under the general direction of the Deputy Chief, Clinical Support Division and is provided policies and general guidelines as to work operations. Works independently under these general parameters to accomplish the functions of the information reception desk. Provides guidance and direction on unusual problems encountered. Work is reviewed in terms of successful operations of the information desk, as well as user satisfaction.
• Performs Supervisory duties when the Supervisor goes on leave or vacant by Supervising staff of 12 employees that functions as initial point-of-contact for all medical center guests and inquiries on a 24-hour, 7-day-a-week schedule. Plans and devises work schedules to meet changes in the workload, considering factors such as peak loads and availability of personnel; plans for sufficient amount of supplies and makes recommendations concerning the replacement of equipment or maintenance; and prepares reports on the workload and production. Assigns work to employees by breaking out tasks as necessary to provide new employees with the training and experience required to perform the work. Explains work requirements, methods, policy and procedures as required, giving special instructions on unusual cases or new procedures. Informs employees about the policies, procedures, and practices of management as they relate to the work of the unit. Formulates and issues written instructions and procedures and guidelines. Sets or participates in setting performance standards. Recruits, interviews, and orient new employees to include developing and maintaining CAF Folders; trains staff and provides continual information updates; coordinates of-site training; surveys staff knowledge; delegates projects and directs completion; completes quarterly and annual performance reviews. Informs promotions, reassignment, or other status changes of assigned personnel. Oversees attendance and leave, approving ordinary sick and annual leave and vacation schedules. Resolves informal complaints of employees at the lowest level, contacting higher level supervisors as appropriate for information and correction of unsatisfactory conditions. Advises employees of the performance requirements of their positions and keeps them informed individually of their progress in meeting the requirements. Uses discretion in answering inquiries from press and radio and refers them to the public relations department. Operates the command control operation center, which is a worldwide alert system. Keeps informed on procedures to be followed in case of any alerts, which may involve serious defense situations, disasters, and serious accidents, airplane crashes, and natural disasters. Exercises detailed knowledge of military commands within the state, as well as local and state officials in order to contact appropriate officials for emergency actions. Responsible for the clerical duties inherent to the in processing (reception), care, and out processing (transition) of outpatients, families/caregivers and guests. Notifies appropriate staff of the patient's arrival. Reconciles end-of-shift/end-of-day processing and reports. Types routine correspondence, progress reports, medical statements, memoranda, and statistical reports using various automation systems and programs.
• Performs a variety of tasks pertinent to after normal duty hour operations. The information desk is a central point of very seriously ill and seriously ill notifications during non-duty hours. The information receptionist insures all appropriate notifications have been made, as well as administrative paperwork is properly completed. Notifies Patient Administration Division of changes in patient status. Serves as main interface between all outside and internal activities and the Administrative Officer of the Day during non-duty hours. Serves as central key control point for the medical center. Maintains accountability for keys. Verifies eligibility and status of each individual before issuing keys. Maintains adequate administrative documentation to account for activity in this area.
• Use of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point, and Adobe Acrobat to prepare a variety of documents, correspondence, and reports in accordance with established guidelines. Use of electronic calendars to manage schedule meetings in support of management. Develop and prepare logs and files in association with office correspondence. Prepare reports for management.
• Performs other duties as assigned. Supervisor: Dolores Tinoso (808-433-9557) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes Kili, LLC
- Medical Support Assistant at Tripler Army Medical Center
- Medical Support Assistant at Tripler Army Medical Center
- Billing Clerk at Native Hawaiian Veterans, LLC
- Billing Clerk at TMI Management Systems, Inc
2 years, 6 months at this Job
Present 40 Hours per week, Medical Support Assistant $36,900 MEDCOM BH Multi-D Team A #1 Fort Hood, TX 76544 Barbara Wichter-Jones 254-553-2288. Performs the full range of receptionist, recordkeeping, and miscellaneous clerical duties within the ambulatory setting. Types and enters data at 40 words per minute. Enters, manipulates, and retrieves information and data from automated systems, such as, Composite Health Care System (CHCS), the Ambulatory Data System (ADS), the Armed Forces Health Longitudinal Technology Application (AHLTA), Medical Application and Process Solutions (MAPS), Patient Appointment System (PAS), Defense Manpower Human Resource System information (DMHRSi) and Clinical Information System (CIS), as appropriate to the area assigned. Maintains and monitors patient appointment schedules for the clinic/practice. Schedules appropriate patient appointments manually and/or in CHCS. Coordinates and schedules patient appointments with other clinics or specialties. Receives patients and visitors as the initial point of contact, in person or telephonically. Monitors and manages the Army Medicine Secure Messaging System (AMSMS) at the clinic/practice level. Records and relays messages and/or redirect calls. Refers urgent messages and patient results for immediate actions. Obtains identifying information and determines the nature of the visit/call. Ensures eligibility for care, and contacts Patient Administration for verification. Provides information regarding the practice, clinic, and hospital policies, procedures, and locations to patients, family members, staff, etc. Monitors and communicates delays in scheduled appointments to the appropriate staff and patients. Resolves complaints of a local administrative nature, and refers other complaints to the appropriate authorities. Follows clinic/practice communication procedures, which may include operating emergency phone lines, public announcements systems and emergency alarms. Receives minimum patient information and provides information to medical personnel. Clearly communicates with associated parties during emergency related operations. Reconciles end-of-shift/end-of-day processing and reports. Types routine correspondence, progress reports, medical statements, memoranda, and statistical reports using various automation systems and programs. Responds to emergency calls, and notifies emergency medical personnel. Knowledgeable of the spelling and meaning of medical terminology, as well as English grammar, format, spelling, punctuation to correct obvious to type a variety of materials. Understands the regulations and policies related to patient's identification requirements; establishment of patient eligibility, such as Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS); procedures to be followed if deficiencies are noted; and, restrictions relative to the release of medical information.
- Medical Support Assistant at US Army/ MEDCOM/Carl R Darnall Army Medical Center
- Transportation Counselor at Data Solutions Technologies
- School Board President at Fort Stewart DODEA Schools
- Administrative Assistant at QiSOFT LTD.
3 years, 3 months at this Job
- BA - Psychology/Human Services/ General Studies
- Associates - General Studies
Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: AS Medical Support Assistant at the Baltimore VA Medical I serve a vital role for the VAMHCS in terms of facilitating patient admissions, verifying registration, capturing insurance, scheduling appointments, and providing day to day support for care in the Neurology Department, while keeping customer service at the highest level possible.
- Medical Support Assistant at Department of Veterans Affairs
- Telephone Operator at
- NETWORK PUBLISHER SYSTEM ASSISTANT at Department of Veterans Affairs
- KEY REPRODUCTION SPECIALIST at Department of Veterans Affairs
4 years, 1 month at this Job
- Certificate - Computer Networking
- High school or equivalent - General Studies
4-2817 Reilly Road Fort Bragg, NC 28310 United States 05/2013 - Present ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hours per week: 40 Series: Pay Plan: GS Grade: 05 Medical Support Assistant Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Performs a full range of receptionist, record keeping, and miscellaneous clerical duties in Department of Medicine in the Internal Medicine clinic. Assignments at this level include, but are not limited to: assuring coverage of all areas of responsibility; conducting ongoing reviews to ensure quality of work Provides services in a variety of medical specialties. Receives visitors and telephone calls. Relays incoming calls and messages to the staff. Follows established office procedures for referring patients with emergencies and walk-in patients. Screens all patients to determine the purpose of their visit and checks their eligibility for treatment, DEERS check, and military ID cards. Keeps non-emergency walk-ins in sequence by order of appearance. Explains clinic appointment procedures and priority of treatment. Creates, maintains assigned specialty providers schedules. Ensures all consults are booked in the Composite Health Care System. Ensures all treatment requested by the physician has been scheduled and reschedules appointments as necessary and directed by the Doctors on duty. Obtains, reviews and updates, if necessary, medical records of patients prior to an appointment. Assembles records in accordance with regulations. Files results of laboratory tests, x-rays, EKGs, etc., in patients records. Enters a variety of physician orders on various charts, identifying a variety of chemical compounds, symbols, and abbreviations, comprising medical orders. Observes patients for obvious signs of discomfort, illness, or stress, notifying professional staff of perceived emergencies. Compiles data for a variety of reports and prepares releases of information for patients. Provides clinic orientation to Red Cross volunteers, newly assigned personnel and other ancillary service personnel. Operates in an automated system, AHLTA, CHCS, and Microsoft business office processing system to produce, store and process HPI. Performs other duties as committee record and point of contact for the code blue committee. Knowledge of the functions, services and location of the various clinics in the medical treatment facility (MTF), to locate patients records, x-rays, EKGs, and test results, and to direct patients to the proper area. Ability to operate office automation equipment in order to prepare, store, retrieve or otherwise process information. US Army, Womack Army Medical Center 4-2817 Reilly Road Fort Bragg, NC 28310 United States 05/2013 - Present Salary: 34,000.00 USD Per Year Hours per week: 40 Series: 0304 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 04 Information Receptionist (This is a federal job) Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Receives customers and calls to the WAMC, and ascertains the nature of the visitor call. Answers questions from routine to in depth inquiries based on knowledge of the mission, functions, organizational structures, staffing, medical terminology, physical layout and offsite locations of the WAMC. Serves as point of contact for patients entering Womack Army Medical Center with complaints or grievances. Provides patients and staff with directions to whom they should seek a resolution for their problem. Provides prompt and appropriate responses to patient inquiries and complaints, requesting assistance from staff members who have authority to render assistance. Maintains liaison with the Chief of Patient of Administration and serves the purpose of assisting patients and their family members. Exercise a thorough knowledge of the organization of the medical center; and the services and programs available to provide the excellent customer service. Represents the patient or family interests with the staff to assure they are treated with dignity and respect. Maintains database of beepers and assigned numbers, coordinates with staff requiring changes or additions, makes appropriate changes/updates when necessary, and produces reports of new changes. Responsible for providing complete and detailed after-action report of coded actions. Verifies and maintains updated telephone and address book of all WAMC employees. Maintains patient locator brochure consisting of condensed information concerning the WAMC and assist customers in locating the various off-site facilities. Responds to customers who have a limited understanding of the WAMC system. Provides maps and directions to customers who have appointment at off-site facilities located throughout the installations. Supervisor: CPT Jackson (910-907-6179) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes
- Medical Support Assistant at US Army, Womack Army Medical Center
- Medical Secretary Administrative/Nursing assistant II at US Army, Womack Army Medical Center
- Dental Assistant at US Army, Benjamin Franklin Village Dental Clinic
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's Degree
34800 BOB WILSON DRIVE INTERNAL MEDICINE CLINIC SAN DIEGO, CA 92134 United States 12/2006 - Present ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Hours per week: 40 Series: 0679 Pay Plan: GS Grade: 05/8 MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT (This is a federal job) Duties, Accomplishments and Related Skills: Internal Medicine Clinic front desk clerk (Medical Support Assistant). Patient check-in, appointment scheduling and messaging to Primary Care Managers. Relay Health/TriCare Online Secure Messaging super-user. Assistant coordinator for doctor schedules/templates. Clinical support of the care and treatment given to patients. Knowledge of CHCS/AHLTA, the basic rules and regulations for eligibility of receiving patient care, knowledge of procedures, medical records, medical terminology. End-of Day processing in CHCS & ICD-10 coding telcons-messages in AHLTA. Mail clerk for the clinic. Supervisor: RN ROWENA CASIANO (6195327130) Okay to contact this Supervisor: Yes
- MEDICAL SUPPORT ASSISTANT at DEPARTMENT OF THE NAVY
- Front Desk Clerk at APT-LLC
- Hospital Corpsman at UNITED STATES NAVY
- Hospital Corpsman at UNITED STATES NAVY
12 years, 1 month at this Job
- Associate of Applied Science in Computer Information Systems - Cyber Security