* Lead Meeting Planner on five to seven programs per year including the largest annual incentive trip at Bankers Life (1,000+ attendees) in addition to elite events for the Executive Council and Board of Directors * Operated programs and/or led site and contracting process in Cancun, Punta Cana, the Bahamas, Scotland, European cruise down the Rhine River and many domestic locations * Managed $4MM event budget while simultaneously planning events spanning several years in various planning stages * Oversaw programs from start to finish including venue sourcing, cost estimates/budget approval, internal client communication, AV coordination, secured entertainment, developed attendee materials and post-event reconciliation * Led weekly cross-departmental team meetings, partnered with DMCs and acted as main onsite program contact
- Meeting Planner at CNO Financial Group / Bankers Life
- at Credico USA
- Corporate Event Planner at Credico USA
- Executive Assistant at
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Mass Communications - Advertising
2/17 - PRESENT
~ Centre Law & Consulting is a boutique law firm specializing in the unique needs of federal contractors
through integrated legal, training, and consulting services for both government and industry clients. ~
TRAINING COORDINATOR/MEETING PLANNER
➢ Manage the planning & logistics for 4 major conferences/trade shows for Centre Law & Consulting
➢ Manage the planning & logistics for at least 150 trainings a year for government agencies and federal contractors
➢ Liaise with subject matter experts to update or create Centre training materials
➢ Work with government agencies on scheduling courses and training deliverables
➢ Provides timely communication to all teams regarding the progress of the Training and Development process
➢ Prepare printed materials specific to the training sessions
➢ Manage class invitations and class lists
➢ Vet and interview potential new and qualified instructors
➢ Coordinate mutually agreed upon dates with clients and instructors to secure training dates
➢ Work with Proposal Writer on responding to proposals and solicitations
➢ Identify training opportunities
➢ Gather feedback on training effectiveness and aggregate data for the purpose of analysis to improve individual/team performance
➢ Manage logistics and preparation of training room when used by government clients
➢ Coordinate and assist trainer in holding live webinars and on-line trainings - schedule, communicate and capture recordings of webinars
➢ Work with the training team and marketing department on planning & logistics for training or other special events
- TRAINING COORDINATOR/MEETING PLANNER at CENTRE LAW & CONSULTING
- SR. MEETINGS MANAGER at ASSOCIATION OF COMMUNITY CANCER CENTERS
- MANAGER OF MEETINGS at TAXICAB, LIMOUSINE & PARATRANSIT ASSOCIATION
- ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, OPERATIONS at NATIONAL DEFENSE INDUSTRIAL ASSOCIATION
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- - Business Administration
• Coordinated with external sales team regarding all meeting requirements to properly plan and execute all pre-planning aspects; menu planning/banquet event order's, audio visual/technical assistance, room set up and speaker confirmation.
• Communicated, managed and confirmed all final meeting details directly with various meeting vendors.
• Confirm and Assist with speaker travel arrangements
• Track speaker honoraria and expenses for each meeting.
• Updated and finalized each meeting budget based on the final selections along with auditing of the final invoice.
• Insured that all meetings are compliant with company meeting policy, costing guidelines and documented approval procedures.
• Assisted in the tracking and quantifying of meeting data to include total meeting spend and vendor utilization.
• Update and maintain attendee registration site and provided weekly updates to sales force.
• Provided overflow team assistance in all areas of meeting planning; site search, procurement, and attendee management.
- Meeting Planner at The Westfield Group
- Facility and Events Manager at Rainbow Room and SkyView on Hay Street
- Senior Supervisor, Operations and Service Delivery at Advogent
- Director of Sales at Holly's Incorporated-Holiday Inn Airport
6 years at this Job
- Travel and Hospitality
Oversee all aspects of meeting planning from site selection, vendor negotiation, event registration,
travel, and post-event reporting for 30-60 meetings a month.
• Develop strong relationships and provide a high level of customer service to Pharmaceutical representatives, speakers, and vendors.
• Coordinate travel, lodging, and expenses for speakers traveling to meetings.
• Resolve problems associated with securing audio/visual equipment, travel itineraries and on-site transportation as needed.
• Negotiate food and beverage minimums and menus with venues to ensure the program will not exceed the compliant budget.
• Communicate with venue to ensure that all aspects of the program will stay within the compliant Pharmaceutical guidelines.
- Meeting Planner at P-Value Communications
- Purchasing Assistant at Science Applications International Corporation
- Digital Marketing Intern at May Media Group
- Marketing Intern at Orpical Group
3 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts - Communication Studies
Maintained exceptional relationships with key clients, addressing inquiries of a high volume. Held concurrent responsibility for processing registrations and hotel reservations, conducting Annual and Winter meeting site visits, procuring badge and tent cards, as well as handling shipment of exhibit and office supplies. Arranged holding rooms for United States Presidents and First ladies, and other government officials. Orchestrated all logistics activities for important board meetings, committee meetings, and staff events. Monitored various budget and financial functions, including the creation of expense reports and management of office supplies under budget. In addition, managed all domestic and international travel arrangements. Selected Contributions:. Consistently delivered meetings under budget and reduced audio-visual costs by up to 50%. Spearheaded logistics efforts to high profile celebrity appearances at meetings, one of which hosted Lady Gaga. Successfully processed all White House security clearances for Mayors visits. Strategically positioned full-time and temporary volunteer staff to surpass ambitious objectives.
- Meeting Planner at U.S. Conference of Mayors
26 years, 6 months at this Job
• Oversee and facilitate all aspects of meeting planning including budgeting, site selection, vendor negotiation, event registration, marketing, offsite events, a/v coordination, onsite staffing and post-event reporting
• Responsible for multiple national meetings and large-scale conferences
• Work with ABI volunteer leaders on developing sessions, procuring speakers, managing educational materials development and production
• Create and implement event marketing via print and digital correspondence
• Develop and maintain solid relationships with hotels, exhibitors and sponsors
• Generate and design event materials and signage for each program
• Analyze online evaluations and post-event reports
• Responsible for managing and marketing ABI's Conference Center to the external market
- Meeting Planner at American Bankruptcy Institute
- Meeting & Event Planner at Pragmatic Marketing, LLC
- Executive Meetings Manager/Sales Manager at Wyndham Hotels and Resorts
- Revenue Analyst/Group Coordinator at Hilton Pittsburgh Green Tree
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration/Hospitality and Tourism Management
Responsible for meeting management including budget, planning, registration and travel for groups for Eli Lilly. Also Responsible for final billing aspects and reconciliation of meetings. Responsible for all communications and coordination of attendees traveling to Eli Lilly Meetings: duties include dealing with any attendee logistical needs, helping to coordinate activities for group, suppling onsite documents, all communication and travel documents to attendees
- Meeting Planner at CWT Meetings & Events
- Attendee Coordinator at CWT Meetings & Events
- Billing Coordinator at CWT Meetings & Events
- at JW Marriott Indianapolis & Indianapolis Marriott Downtown, Indianapolis
1 year, 4 months at this Job
- - Sales
o Responsible for coordinating venues, audiovisual and travel for field-based breakfast, lunch and dinner programs for brand supported events. o Ensure every logistical aspect of the meeting is planned and executed within budget and according to departmental standard operating procedures and timelines. o Act as a liaison between client Sales Representatives, District Managers, Physicians, and company.
- Meeting Planner at P-Value Communications
- National Accounts Associate at Michael J Hennessy Associates Inc
- Marketing Assistant Intern at American Medical Communications
- Advisor Services Intern at Professional Capital Services
1 year, 1 month at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Business Administration - Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Marketing
Directed the planning and execution of various meetings and events for the Association, including site selection, vendor negotiation, event registration and logistics coordination. Planned and directed 7-9 meetings a year, consulting with and aiding senior executives on contract management, negotiations, speakers and sponsors. Managed and organized road shows, projects, sponsorships and oversee speaker materials, registration and logistics for meetings/events. Strategized structure of role, guidelines and standard operation procedures to meet association's needs and objectives. Maintained strong relations with sponsors, guests, vendors and other professionals related to the industry. Created and analyzed pre- and post-meeting budgets for fiscal year exceeding revenue goals by 20%. Trained, mentored and supported cross-functional teams. Coordinated the execution of all Award Competitions, currently: AIPLA GSR Moot Court Competition, Intel Science Fair, Watson Writing Completion, Jan Jancin Award, Past Presidents Award, and Maurice Klitzman Awards. Continuously monitored and researched industry trends to maximize meeting sourcing and negotiations. Designed and created content for email marketing using Real Magnet.
- Meeting Planner at AMERICAN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW ASSOCIATION
- Assistant to the Director of Meetings & Events at AMERICAN INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY LAW ASSOCIATION
- Marketing / Event Coordinator at WATERFRONT MARKET AND BITTERSWEET CATERING
2 years at this Job
- Associate - Apparel Industry Management
• Serve as lead meeting planning for AHR Expo and related events; the National Advocacy Conference, the AHRI State Summit and other meetings as assigned with supervision of the Senior Director, Meetings and Events.
• Coordinate all meeting/event logistics as assigned to include program of events, registration, catering, room set-up, audio visual, BEO creation, rooming lists, shipping, along with pre- and post-conference meetings with hotel/venue staff
• Manage the post event billing process, bill payment and expense report process with supervision
• Contract local business transient rates at hotels close to AHRI headquarters
• Contract and manage all meeting logistics for small external AHRI meetings as requested by internal AHRI staff.
• Serve as the lead sponsorship coordinator for the AHRI Annual and Spring Meetings to include production of sponsorship brochure, interaction with sponsors, and management of sponsorship fulfillment.
• Manage the contracting and management of service vendors as meetings dictate to include transportation, floral and décor, meeting supply companies, signage vendors, etc.
• Build, manage and maintain all AHRI registration meeting sites via NetFORUM
• Serve as the lead point of contact for all AHRI member registration needs/questions
• Prepare meeting agendas, attend meetings, record and transcribe minutes
• Make travel arrangements for office personnel
• Maintain calendar of AHRI events and those of associated organizations
• Maintain history for all meetings to include, attendance, room pickups, and catering spend
• Travel to AHRI Annual and Spring Meetings, and other AHRI external meetings as assigned.
• Maintain up-to-date meetings reports
- Meeting planner at The Air-Conditioning, Heating, and Refrigeration Institute
- Sponsorship Consultant at Avendra, LCC
- Event Coordinator at The ANDORA GROUP
- Event Coordinator & Sales Associate at Luckie's Bar & Tavern
4 months at this Job
- BA - English