Executive Assistant, Manager, Meeting Planner
- Executive assistant // Meeting planner at Knightsbridge LLC
9 years, 3 months at this Job
- - tourism
- - International Studies
- - Chinese Immersion Study Program
• Part Time Meeting Planner with some travel in the US
• Execute 400+ person conferences from start to finish
• Main duties included developing and managing client relationships, and building successful partnerships with clients and vendors. Creating and maintaining the clients budget.
- Senior Meeting Planner at EventfullyYourz
- Catering Sales Manager at Westin Hilton Head Resort and Spa
- Meeting Planner at Xcenda Meeting Logistics Management Division
- Hotel Coordinator at
1 year, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Business Administration
· Meeting planner with a talent for managing pharmaceutical dinner events · Serve as the primary liaison with client’s sales force and guest speakers · Train new meeting planners on the company process, website and client guidelines · Coordinate all program logistics, including: speaker travel, AV set up for live and virtual programs, confirming venues and data entry pre/post program · Manage financials, budget reports, expenses and follow compliance rules · Provide event status reports regularly to the internal account and operations teams and participate in weekly status meetings
· Meeting planner with a talent for managing pharmaceutical dinner events
· Serve as the primary liaison with client’s sales force and guest speakers
· Train new meeting planners on the company process, website and client guidelines
· Coordinate all program logistics, including: speaker travel, AV set up for live and virtual programs, confirming venues and data entry pre/post program
· Manage financials, budget reports, expenses and follow compliance rules
· Provide event status reports regularly to the internal account and operations teams and participate in weekly status meetings
- Team Lead/Meeting Planner at P-Value Communications
- Retail Sales Manager/Kiehl's at Lord & Taylor
- Meeting Planner/Speaker Bureau at Advanced Health Media
5 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor's - Graphic Design
• Planned and executed over 20 corporate events with 2 to over 1,000 attendees.
• Negotiated cost savings with contracted hotels and various vendors for event specific purposes.
• Travled to and acted as main onsite contact, securing hotel arrangements, meeting space, catering, audio visual needs and transportation.
- Meeting Planner at HENRY V EVENTS
- Front Desk Agent at THE NINES, A LUXURY COLLECTION HOTEL
- Front Desk Agent at EMBASSY SUITES LAX SOUTH BY HILTON
- Front Desk Agent at EMBASSY SUITES LAX SOUTH BY HILTON
2 years at this Job
- Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies - Communication Studies
- Meeting Planner at American Academy of Dental Sleep Medicine
- staff liaison to Research, Educa tion and Annual Meeting at ADA CERP guidelines
6 years, 4 months at this Job
- AAS - Exercise Science
- Certificate in Therapeutic Massage
Source venues all over the US for 2000+ seminars and training classes. Facilitates information to vendors, suppliers, and team members as part of the overall communications and project management process. Resolves questions regarding the department budget; research and provide appropriate answers. Prepare and present meeting notes, presentations and tables utilizing Excel, PowerPoint, Access and other programs. Manage set-up preparation and compile documentation updates for meetings. Monitor deadlines, benchmarks and support presentations of monthly progress
- Meeting Planner at TPC
- Senior Event Planner at Marriott International, Inc.
- Director of Events at MEET INC
1 year, 2 months at this Job
• Provided all levels of executive support including managing the CEO's schedule and travel arrangements.
• Managed and tracked travel/meeting/conference expenses; worked closely with finance and accounting group to ensure spending was aligned and within budget.
• Evaluate incoming correspondence, requests and phone calls and directed to appropriate staff.
• Prepared and managed Board and Committee minutes
• Managed Office of CEO and Board of Directors budgets.
• Provided support for and point person for a 52-person Board.
• Liaison for the 25 State Associations relating to the Board of Directors and Policy Resolutions.
• Handled sensitive and confidential information with integrity and worked independently without supervision.
• Participated and managed board meetings, educational/training meetings and special events, generating agenda, recording minutes and following up on action items.
• Coordinate and monitored event details to ensure that they conform to meeting requirements.
• Involved in all aspects of the event from selection of venue, contract details, choosing menus, room setup, audio/visual, approving Banquet Event Orders, registration, rooming list and reconciliation of final bill.
- Executive Assistant / Meeting Planner at American Soybean Association
21 years, 1 month at this Job
- Associates Degree - Legal Assistant
•Coordinate every detail from sourcing venues (meeting space, business dinners, etc.), to sending RFP's to hotels and restaurants, and negotiating group rates.
•Serve as principal liaison between client and suppliers during planning process. Negotiate with facilities and suppliers for services, in accordance with budget parameters.
- Meeting Planner at Sprouting Yogi's - Mobile Kid's Yoga in OC
- Owner/Founder at Sprouting Yogi's - Mobile Kid's Yoga in OC
- R&D Coordinator at
- Senior Support Representative at FunCompanies.com
3 years, 5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Hospitality and Tourism Management - Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Associates in Arts - General Studies
Oversaw all aspects of meeting planning from site selection, vendor negotiation, event registration, travel, and post-event reporting for 20-30+
meetings a month.
• Developed strong relationships and provided a high level of customer service to Pharmaceutical representatives, speakers, and vendors.
• Coordinated travel, lodging, and expenses for speakers traveling to meetings.
• Resolved problems associated with securing audio/visual equipment, travel itineraries and on-site transportation as needed.
• Negotiated food and beverage minimums and menus with venues to ensure the program did not exceed the compliant budget.
• Communicated with venue to ensure that all aspects of the program stayed within the compliant Pharmaceutical guidelines.
• Efficiently handled vendor and subcontractor negotiations and relations to ensure the company budget was accurately maintained.
• Processed all the expenses during and after the event in a timely manner, including processing payments and creating account receivable invoices for each vendor and the accounting department.
- Meeting Planner at P-Value Communications
- Head Host at Office Administration
- Sales Associate at Sizzle Tans
- Gallery Assistant at Sizzle Tans
2 years, 8 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Fine Arts - Art History
• Supervise and organize all aspects of over 100 US and global events every year with 10 to 2,200 participants, in collaboration with leaders in all levels and departments of firm
• Handle the research, negotiation, and selection of appropriate sites for meetings and events while ensuring strict compliance with procurement procedure of the firm to avoid risk and keep independence with all vendors
• Serve as direct liaison with hotel or venue in coordinating details of event, including food and beverage, room setup, audio visual, internet connectivity, transportation, security, and sleeping rooms
• Maintain group registration websites and hotel rooming lists while paying attention to very important persons (VIPs) and people with special needs
• Formulate and sustain accurate records for event's budget by submitting initial costs for approval and making necessary update, and monitoring of final expenses into firm's database
• Render valuable onsite assistance on US and global events ranging from 10 to 3,800 participants, including Global New Partners Meeting, Women's Leadership Conference, and International Intern Leadership Conference, America's Tax Leadership Meetings, Global Vice-Chair's retirement celebrations, Forensics Executive Conference, EY-Parthenon Global Executive Leadership Meetings
• Oversee all aspects of New England Area Entrepreneur of the Year Program such as generating target lists; managing relationships with sponsors, judges, and candidates; communicating with production company for June awards gala in adherence to tight timeline for regional and national programs Accomplishments:
• Demonstrated proficiency in controlling more than $5M annual spend
• Successfully obtained between 10% to 30% cost savings on every meeting and event
• Made significant contribution to a team in executing a companywide meetings and events policy, which attained 80% adoption rate within 2 years
- Northeast Regional Meeting Planner at Ernst & Young
14 years, 5 months at this Job
- Associate of Science in Business Administration - Business Administration