• Washington State Mental Health Counselor license #LH60136368
• Washington State Marriage & Family Therapist License #LF60136366
• Provide a full range of counseling and psycho-education services for a diverse array of families, couples, children and teens, many with co-occurring disorders. September 2005-present.
• Worked as the only couples therapist on Lummi Indian Reservation, April 2006-September 2012; currently in private practice.
• Consistently and successfully work with diverse population, and maintain cultural sensitivity at all times.
• Accurately assess client challenges and develop collaborative treatment plans that are individualized and culturally-sensitive.
• Able to quickly establish trust and rapport, even with guarded or reluctant individuals with a wide range of social, emotional and psychiatric challenges.
• Work collaboratively with a large and diverse multidisciplinary team.
• At Provide outreach services that target marginalized individuals.
- Washington State Mental Health Counselor License #LH at Licensed Couple and Family Therapist and Mental Health Counselor in Private Practice
13 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master of Arts - Applied Behavioral Science
- Bachelor of Arts - Journalism
Mental Health Counselor for
• Grief/Trauma individuals and families birth-adult.
• Clinical Supervision
- Mental Health Counselor at Walk in Hope, PLLC
- Director of Counseling Services at Tacoma Rescue Mission
- Clinician at Sound Mental Health
- Clinician IV at Aspen Pointe
9 years at this Job
- - Advanced Addiction Studies
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Counseling
- Bachelor of Science - Family Studies
- Associate in Early Childhood Education - Early Childhood Education
- Associate in Arts
Provide quality, professional care while maintaining a safe and therapeutic milieu
Ensure safety of staff and patients through close observation and verbal de-escalation of acute adolescent and pediatric inpatient behavioral health units
• Daily vitals signs and assisting patients with ADLs
• Run therapeutic groups for patients ages 3 to 17 years of age
• Oriented and mentored new hires to the role of Mental Health Counselor
• Collaborate with nurses, social workers, and physicians regarding best care practices and treatment plans
- Mental Health Counselor at Chicago Children's Center for Behavioral Health
- Mental Health Technician at Beacon Hill Nursing Center
- Certified Nursing Assistant at Bloomingdale Pavilion Nursing Center
9 years, 11 months at this Job
- - Certified Nursing Assistant
Mental Health Counselor in Marion County Jail.
- Mental Health Counselor at Unlimited Path T Marion Correctional. 4.5 yrs
- Licensed Psychotherapist at Private practice
- Substance abuse counselor at Unlimited path. Marion correctional Institution
- Director of Social Service/ Therapist at The Vines Hospital
7 months at this Job
- Doctor of Philosophy - Clinical Hypnotherapy
- Masters - Social Work
- Bachelors - Liberal Studies
- AS - Nursing
Division of Public and Behavioral Health 3/2018 - Present
Mental Health Counselor I
• Provided individual, group, marital and family therapy.
• Conducted initial screenings for services, intakes, and provide crisis intervention services as needed.
• Wrote concise, logical and clear reports regarding client status and treatment.
• Assessed and utilize community resources.
• Established rapport and appropriate clinical relationships with clients, their families and care providers
• Prepared documentation for patient charts and billing purposes.
- Mental Health Counselor I at State of Nevada, Department of Health and Human Services
- Research Assistant, Dr. Kristine Jacquin's Forensic at Fielding Graduate University, School of Psychology
- Clinician/Crisis Intervention Specialist at Terros Health
- Rapid Response Team/Mobile Assessor at Human Behavior Institute
10 months at this Job
- Baccalaureate - Clinical Psychology
- Masters of Arts - Forensic Psychology
- Masters in Management - Final Project
- Bachelor of Arts - Telecommunications Management
As a mental health counselor, I provide mental health services to children, adolescents, teens, young adults, and families. Issues addressed include but are not limited to: behavior, substance abuse, divorce, anxiety, and depression.
- Mental Health Counselor at Sunrise Counseling
- Counseling Intern at Atlanta Metropolitan State College
- Behavior Data Analyst at Children's Healthcare of Atlanta
- Teacher Assistant at Partnership for Community Action
1 year at this Job
- Master's - Clinical Mental Health Counseling
- Bachelor's - Psychology
PO Box 272 Ilwaco Washington Phone 801-548-5672 [email protected]
• MA, Mental Health Counseling Argosy University, Draper, Utah Continuing Education in Counseling Various Providers, approx., 300 hours Utah Teaching Certificate University of Utah, Salt Lake City, Utah BS, Wild Land Recreation Utah State University, Logan, Utah Honors and awards_____________________________________ Graduated Magna Cum Laude, Utah State University Utah Teaching Scholarship Utah Premier Teaching Scholarship (only three awarded statewide) Presidential Scholar, Argosy University Professional experience_________________________________ LICENSED CLINICAL MENTAL HEALTH COUNSELOR (CMHC) Two years Willipa Behavioral Healthproviding community mental health services Duties include: PTSDtreatment, Individual therapy, Couples counseling as well as assessment, diagnosis and treatment planning One year Private practice providing: PTSDtreatment, Couples counseling, Individual therapy, as well as assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and education classes One year Central Washington Comprehensive Mental Healthproviding community mental health services Duties included: PTSDtreatment, Individual therapy, as well as assessment, diagnosis and treatment planning Three years Valley Behavioral Healthin the alcohol and drug treatment clinic as a therapist serving duel diagnosed, residential and outpatient clients Duties and Accomplishments include: Duties included: PTSDtreatment, Individual therapy, group therapy, teaching psycho-education classes as well as assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and crisis services Created two groups: The Brain and Substance Use Disorders and Relationship and Spirituality (wrote curriculum for the latter) Group and individual therapy as well as psycho-education classes for all women inpatient program Four months working at Addiction and Psychological Servicesas a therapist serving clients with Substance use and Legal (DUI) problems Interest and treatment experience: PTSD/Trauma, Couples counseling, Mood Disorders, Anxiety Disorders, Personality Disorders, Dissociative Disorders, Schizophrenia and other Psychotic Disorders. INTERNSHIP One year and four months doing therapy as a student intern at Draper Family Therapy including: individual, couples, groups and autistic children TEACHING Junior HighMath and Science, four years 1.
- Mental Health Counselor at Willapa Behavioral Health
2 years at this Job
- MA - Mental Health Counseling
- Teaching Certificate
- BS - Wild Land Recreation
As a mental health counselor for children and teens under the age of 18, I primary conducted individual therapy sessions, utilizing a strength-based approach, along with tenets of cognitive behavioral therapy and person-centered theory. Additionally, I kept daily case notes and conducted assessments and calculated CALOCUS scores, and performed crisis-based interventions as needed.
- Mental Health Counselor at Volunteers of America
- Mental Health Professional at Rehabilitation Services of Northwest LA
- Counselor Intern at Live Oaks Psychological Services
- Counselor Intern at Northwestern State University Career and Counseling Services
8 months at this Job
- Master of Arts in Counseling - Counseling
- Master of Fine Arts in Poetry - Poetry
- Bachelor of Arts - English
becoming a Mental health counselor requires coordinating activities within the safe areas of the hospital ,Ensure day areas are always safe,and patients are engaging appropriately has improved my understanding of adolescent as well as pre-adolescent children that require the proper and positive guidance during their time of treatment. Assisting these children in finding their coping mechanism while providing them reassurance. Interacting with my patients is most enjoyable and gratifying.
- Mental Health Counselor II at Clarity Child Guidance Center
- Fryer/Cashier at Carls Jr. Restaurant
1 year, 11 months at this Job
- - X ray tech certification
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mental Health Counselor
• Provided services to adults with severe and persistent mental illness/co-occurring with substance abuse. Screened prospective participants and assessed their eligibility through interviews, documentation and personal references.
• Collaborated in developing and implementing Treatment/Life Plans based upon participant's identified needs as well as providing quality services and referrals in order to assist participants with attaining self-sufficiency. Assist with admissions, discharge planning and property management as needed.
• Successfully managed a caseload of 25 participants by providing services judiciously in accordance to specific needs, goals and objectives of the Treatment/Life Plans. Completed all documentation and reports accurately, thoroughly and timely.
- Mental Health Counselor at Volunteers of America of Florida
- Psychosocial Rehabilitative Specialist at Eagle Quest of Nevada
- Adoption Caseworker at McMahon Services
- at P.R.A.C.A
3 years, 8 months at this Job
- PhD degree - Psychology
- Master's Degree - Tract
- B.A. - Psychology