Qualified mental health specialist/ Worked as a direct support to youth at risk at Allwell behavioral health devices for about one year
- Qualified Mental Health Specialist at Allwell Behavioral Health Services
- Student manager at CONCORD UNIVERSITY FITNESS CENTER
9 months at this Job
- BACHELOR OF ARTS - SOCIOLOGY
- BACHELOR OF CIVIL LAW - CIVIL LAW
The Mental Health Specialist performs routine patient care duties, observes, reports and records patient's behavior, serves as a resource for MHS I's, conducts patient task groups, and performs miscellaneous duties as assigned. Current CPR certification.Therapeutic Intervention Procedures. Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills. Able to effectively lead patient task groups. Demonstrates competency to work with all ages. Understands group dynamics. Knowledge of parenting/family dynamics.
- Mental Health Specialist at Cape Fear Valley Health System
- Team Leader - Responsibility at Hope Gardens Treatment Center
- Office Manager at Serenity in Home Care
- Customer Service-Reprographics at Pitney Bowes
2 years, 11 months at this Job
Valley of Hope I am employed as a "Mental Health Specialist" where I teach Life Skills to clients.
- Mental Health specialist at Valley Hope Counseling Center
2 years, 1 month at this Job
- Certification - Criminal Justice
- High School Diploma
As a specialist employed with the Dept. of Mental Health, I am expected to work in both the Middlesex and Berlin VT Psychiatric Hospitals. My main duty as a specialist is to give counseling to patients and provide necessary feedback to fellow mental health professionals. Other duties include: Handling meals, group activities and responding to Emergency Involuntary Procedures if a patient becomes a danger to themselves or others. This can include restraints and seclusion.
- Mental Health Specialist at Department of Mental Health (DMH)
- Residential Care Worker at Pride Inc
- Residential Care Worker at Washington County Mental Health Services
- Inbound Sales for AT&T at Sutherland Global Services
1 year, 9 months at this Job
- Some College - Visual Communications
Hours Worked: 40-48hrs /per week.
Work Schedule: 2nd Shift (3PM-11PM)
M/T/W/TH/SAT/SUN - (week 1)
The Mental Health Specialist provides direct patient care under the supervision of a registered nurse.
• Recording patient vital signs.
• Assistance with head to toe assessments
• Maintaining all patient health data and records, running therapeutic CBT group sessions, maintaining a safe and therapeutic milieu including crisis intervention.
• Performing Q15 and 1:1 observation rounds while working within the ethical boundaries of the field
• Assist patient with Activities of Daily Living
- Mental Health Specialist at Hartgrove Behavioral Health Hospital
- at The Home Depot
- at CTF
- Offensive captain/Co-captain at Eastern Illinois University
5 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science in Biological Science - Biological Science
• Mental Health Specialist on the geriatric unit at McLean Hospital.
• Aids nursing staff by collecting vital signs and collecting specimens.
• Performs initial intake of patients on the unit.
• Assists patients with ADLs.
• Runs therapeutic groups.
• Performs 5 or 15-minute checks on all patients to assure safety.
• Transfers patients to and from procedures.
- Mental Health Specialist at McLean Hospital
- Volunteer Experiences at Discovery Museum and Planetarium
- Mental Health Technician/Unit Secretary at University of Vermont Medical Center
- Research Assistant at Kids and Parents Project at UVM
3 months at this Job
- Baccalaureate - Pre-Medical Program
- Bachelor's of Science in Psychology - Psychology
As a Mental Health Specialist I provide age specific basic physical care and address spiritual and psychosocial needs of patients including cultural values, religious belief and barriers to learning interventions through the implementation of appropriate therapeutic approaches under the direct supervision of a registered nurse. As a Mental Health Specialist I promote a therapeutic environment and participate in the total program according to the philosophy, goals and function of the hospital and the Department of Behavioral Health. Maintain treatment activities of the department in compliance with standards of practice, department and hospital policies and procedures, and regulatory standards: DC, IDPH and the Illinois Mental Health Code. As a Mental Health Specialist my primary responsibilities include the provision of a safe and therapeutic milieu, facilitate groups, crisis intervention and activity of daily living.
- Mental Health Specialist at Loretto Hospital
- PROJECT ENGINEER at JUBILEE AFRICA LTD
- PROJECT MANAGER at CEMENTERS
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- Master's - Energy Engineering
- BSC - MECHANICAL AND MANUFACTURING ENGINEERING
Mental Health Specialist,MHMR,Teacher,Medication Aide,Mentor,Ext.
- Mental Health Specialist at EES (Exceptional Employement Service Inc
- Executive Assistant & Event Coordinator at Events by Dai
- Home Care Technician, Therapy Technician/ Homecare at Logos Home Health
- Physical Therapy Technician-Concierge at Corpus Christi Rehabilitation Hospitals
6 months at this Job
- License - Certified Nursing Assistant/ Patient Care Technician
- Certified Leasing Consultant/Agent
Maintaining records of patient interactions. A well-written resume sample for Mental Health Specialist should mention qualifications like clinical skills, medical teamwork, counseling expertise, bedside manners, effective communication, knowledge of CPR and first aid, and recordkeeping. A Master’s Degree in psychology or counseling is usually required.
For more information on what it takes to be a Mental Health providing care primarily for individuals with thought disorders. Position includes maintaining a safe therapeutic environment for patients, closely evaluating patients for psychiatric crises, facilitating the development and utilization of coping skills, and leading psychoeducational groups.
• Co-Lead on Unit board for one year
• Helped develop a prototype acuity scale to be implemented on the different units
• Developed a broad knowledge of research based psychoeducational groups.
• Demonstrated the ability to competently manage psychiatric emergencies in a calm, competent manner.
• Completed training in team building, management of assaultive behaviors and de-escalation techniques
- Mental Health Specialist at Outreach Health Services
- Student Assistant at Northwestern University
- CREDIT CARD SPECIALIST at Teleperformance
- Telephone Interviewer at Louisiana state university MANSHIP RESEARCH LAB
1 year, 10 months at this Job
- Associate of Science - Criminal Justice
- Substitute Teacher certificate
- Bachelor of Science - Criminal Justice
Mental Health Soecialist/Lead Mental Health Specialist
• Complete hospital assessments for admission
• Administer Medications
• Keep client's safe/complete safety checks
• Clean residence
• Cook meals
• Grocery shop
• CBRF certified (Can check online)
- Mental Health Specialist at Lutheran Social Services
- 3rd Shift Residential Counselor at Prader-Willi Homes of Oconomowoc
- Residential Cleaner at Laufenberg Cleaning Company
7 years at this Job
- High School Diploma