The Mental Health Specialist Performs routine patient care duties, observes, reports and records patient's behavior, abnormal occurrences in patient condition. Serves as a resource for other Mental Health Specialists, conducts patient task groups, and performs miscellaneous duties as assigned.
- Mental Health Specialist III at Cape Fear Valley Medical/Behavior Health Care Inpatient Psych
- Day Support/ Respite Technician (CAP MR at Great Expectations Day Facility and Enrichment Program
- Community Skills Instructor at Great Expectations Day Facility and Enrichment Program
- Intern Adult Foster Care Services/ Enhance Care at Guilford County Department of Social Services
6 years, 3 months at this Job
- Bachelors - Sociology
Served as Mental Health Specialist providing care primarily for clients with mental disorders.
● Developed a strong knowledge of psychiatric disorders and best practice treatments
● Assessed clients' mental status through interviews or observations
● Monitored clients' treatment progress and kept track of their mental status
● Maintained case notes on all clients
● Provided crisis intervention services
● Educated parents and family members on client intervention techniques
● Promoted personal growth in clients to overcome problems related to social interactions, mental/emotional health and family relationships
- Qualified Mental Health Specialist at FAMILIES FIRST HEALTH SERVICES
- Team Member at DUNKIN' DONUTS
- Logistics Coordinator II at PLS LOGISTICS SERVICES
3 months at this Job
- B.S. - Physics
A Mental Health Specialist at Hartgrove provides direct patient care under the supervision of a Registered Nurse including patient vital signs, assistance with head to toe assessments and proper clinical documentation.
• Mental Health Specialist maintain all patient health data and records, run Therapeutic group sessions, assistance with patient daily living activities, maintain a safe and therapeutic milieu including crisis intervention and Q15 observation rounds while working within the ethical boundaries of the field
- Mental Health Specialist at Hartgrove Behavioral Health Hospital
- Behavior Analyst at Motor Clinic
- Delicatessen Clerk at Hy-Vee
- Research Assistant at Research Practicum- Western Illinois University
1 year, 7 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Psychology
I have worked for a year as a mental health specialist. While working here I have gained a better understanding of the mental health field. I work with children and adolescents who have mental illnesses of behavioral challenges.
- Mental Health Specialist at Sutter Health Kahi Mohala
at this Job
- Bachelor's - Criminal Justice
Mental Health specialist for military veterans,Case manager one on one counseling and one companionship, Taking care of patients social needs, daily activities, drug and rehabilitation, veterans social worker for veterans, youth counselor, coordinating treatment for in and outpatient.
• Work collaboratively and cooperatively within the clinical team to create and/or maintain a therapeutic environment that respects cultural, ethnic, and lifestyle differences of patients, visitors, and staff.
• Demonstrate respect in approach to providing care to patients and provide therapeutic care with knowledge of psycho-social development over the lifespan.
• Attend to the personal care needs of patients.
• Assess the milieu and intervene to provide a safe and therapeutic environment and demonstrate responsiveness to medical and psychiatric emergencies.
• Implement and document treatment strategies as outlined in the patient treatment plan.
• Utilize least restrictive alternatives consistently and appropriate verbal and/or physical intervention when managing assaultive or potentially assaultive patients.
• When assigned, effectively facilitate patient group education.
• Complete documentation in a timely, legible and therapeutic manner
- Mental Health Specialist at Navos Health Centre
- Mental Health Specialist at Aacres Human Services Washington
2 years, 2 months at this Job
- - Public Administration Minor Information Technology
- Certificate - Application Development Programming and Coding
- Associate - Computer Science (Application development) /data base designing, Fiber optical & networking-Hardware installation
- Bachelor's - Sociology (Major) & Public Relations (Minor)
LMFT Mental Health Specialist
- Mental Health Specialist at San Lorenzo Valley Unified School District
9 years, 4 months at this Job
- Master's - Professional Counseling Psychology
As a mental health specialist, I am tasked with duties that include medication documentation and management, de-escalation of crisis situations, transporting and escorting clients to appointments and other activities, and assessing problems to provide support and maintain a safe and recovery-focused environment.
- Mental Health Specialist at Lutheran Social Services
- Shift Leader at Tom’s Drive-In
- Cashier at Tom’s Drive-In
8 months at this Job
- Associate - Psychology
- High school or equivalent
I am a mental health specialist working on the inpatient unit at Sunrise Canyon Hospital MHMR. I do rounds, take vitals, interact with the patients and make sure everything is good. Have my CPR and First Aid license and have been properly trained regarding SAMA. I answer the phone some, do computer work, and clean when required.
- Mental Health Specialist at Sunrise Canyon hospital MHMR
- CSR/Cashier at Taco Villa
- Receptionist at West Texas Eye Associates
- Waitress at Crawdaddy's Sports Bar and Grill
3 years at this Job
- High School Diploma
COMMUNICATIONS: REPORTS/ PRESENTATIONS/ TECHNOLOGY
• Prepare complex reports and organizing information
• Ability to work with others in a cooperative and collaborative manner
• Organized and maintained medical records system.
• Computer savvy Microsoft Word, Excel and EMR platforms
• Computer billing and insurance verification experience. CUSTOMER SERVICE/ PROBLEM SOLVING
• Oversee front-office operations and provide impeccable customer service.
• Experience with resolving medical record deficiencies with doctors and other professionals.
• Created annual budget to hospital administration for approval.
• Analysis of medical claims for approval and determined eligibility for benefits.
• Professional correspondence to customer and physicians.
• Answering phones, scheduling appointments, incoming and outgoing mail operations ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Mental Health Specialist State of Vermont, Berlin, VT Physician Deficiencies Analyst Central Vermont Medical Center, Berlin, VT Mental Health Specialist Highpoint Treatment Center, Plymouth, MA Receptionist Mirabella Clinic, Plymouth, MA Medical Assistant Digestive Diseases, Plymouth, MA Administrative Assistant Liver-Biliary-Pancreas Center- MGH, Boston, MA
- Mental Health Specialist at State of Vermont and Highpoint
9 months at this Job
- Certification - Medical Coding
- Associates in Applied Sciences - Applied Sciences
Served as (MHS) Mental Health Specialist Counseling 14 members between the ages of 5 and 54 years old. Responsible for providing CPST (Community Psychiatric Supportive Treatment) and PSR( Psycho-Social Rehabilitation) services for each member. MHS is responsible for assessing patient’s mental status through observations and interviews. MHS provides anger management education, communication skills training, and effective decision making training.
- Mental Health Specialist Counseling at Lighthouse Community Care
- Vice President at NPHC
- at Options Health Care
- Special Olympics Louisiana Internship at Options Health Care
9 months at this Job
- Bachelor of Science - Sports Management